TK: Top 10 Next-Gen games that will never be on the Wii U.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

http://thekoalition.com/2013/09/10-next-gen-games-will-never-release-wii-u/ Way back on November 18th of 2012, Nintendo released what they envisioned as their answer to next-gen consoles with the retail launch of the Wii U. As a result of this move, anxious consumers everywhere flocked to the stores to pickup their first piece of next-gen hardware. Fast-forward to almost one year later and both the Wii U hardware and software sales are absolutely dismal. Most of this is attributed to the fact that many third-party developers and publishers lack confidence in the platform and therefore see no reason to use it within their everyday business practices. While Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aime and most of his colleagues continue to live in denial over this fact, many conventional critics and gamers alike are more than aware that this trend will continue. This article will illustrate this point further by highlighting 10 key next-gen games that will never be released on a Wii U console. So without further ado, let the games begin.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt CD Projekt Reds ambitious action RPG stunned audiences at this years E3 and is already one of 2014s most anticipated titles.

Titanfall When Microsoft announced this game during their Pre E3 2013 Media briefing, everyone became giddy with excitement over just how impressive this first-person shooter looked.

Kingdom Hearts 3 The long awaited sequel to Square Enix and Disneys popular action RPG was finally outed at Sonys Pre E3 2013 press conference. Shortly after the announcement, the games director stated that the title wouldnt be coming to Wii U because it was being developed entirely through DirectX 11 support.

Final Fantasy XV The other popular Square Enix title that floored fans during Sonys conference was Final Fantasy XV. While the game is already confirmed for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms, Wii U owners shouldnt get their hopes up for the same reasons mentioned above.

Rockstars Next Game With GTA V slated to hit stores next week, Rockstar Games is poised to finish off this console generation strong. After releasing Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, and Max Payne 3 over the span of the last 3 years, you would think that the studio would at least consider porting some of these titles over to the Wii U. Since they dont plan to anytime soon, Im going to go ahead and predict now that this trend will continue well into next generation.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Bioware and EA kept quiet about Dragon Age: Inquisition for quite awhile and only recently started revealing gameplay footage to the press. With use of the Frostbite 3 engine, Inquisition will undoubtedly be the most technically advanced entry in the series to date. EAs decision to forgo releasing Battlefield 4 on the Wii U doesnt bold well for this game.

Mirrors Edge 2 Another surprise announced during EAs pre E3 press conference was a sequel based on the sleeper hit Mirrors Edge. While the first game didnt sell quite as well as EA hoped it would, it did buildup enough of a following that convinced them it was worth making another one. Mirrors Edge 2 is being built on the Frostbite 3 engine and therefore wont be making use of the Wii U platform.

Fallout 4 Even though Bethesda has yet to make an official Fallout 4 announcement, everyone knows its coming and once it does nothing else will matter. Fans can expect this game to be technically more advanced then Fallout 3 and therefore it will most likely exceed the Wii U specs in just about every way imaginable.

Star Wars Battlefront (Dice Reboot) Dices take on the popular Star Wars franchise has the potential to be one of the most important video game releases in Star Wars video game history. Making use of the latest and greatest in Frostbite 3 technology, we already know that this game wont be on the Wii U.

The next Grand Theft Auto Considering the fact that every Nintendo GTA game was only on Nintendos portables, we don't see this trend ending anytime soon.

These are spot on, MP's are bigger than ever before. Nintendo needs to upclock or something. Throw some rad fake tech demos like Sony and SE did back in the day to trick people on visuals, time to be deceptive.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Your cruel, kicking a dog when he is alreaday down.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Not many of those games are ones I care about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

LEAVE THE WII U ALONE!!!

britneyspearsguy.jpg

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I'm sure there are more titles then that, but why even bother keeping count? The Wii U will have their own exclusives. Hopefully they will have to sell a few more million units.

Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts

How about we wait for all the consoles to launch until we start making "Top x" lists about games? We're talking games at most a year out, how many of those do people actually care about by the end of any given generation?

Not a lot.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

turtlethetaffer
Irrelevant.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

DocSanchez

Irrelevant.

What if I list a bunch of shovelware or indie games that will never be on the other systems? Is your opinion simply irrelevant? Thus, it doesn't matter? 

That's what makes SW so pointless. It's people's personal preference - so what are we discussing here, really?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The only game on that list I have any sort of degree of interest in are Final fantasy XV, and I probably would have gotten that on the PS4 anyways even if it released on the Wii U.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
And how many Wii U exclusives won't be on Bone/PS4?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

trugs26

Irrelevant.

What if I list a bunch of shovelware or indie games that will never be on the other systems? Is your opinion simply irrelevant? Thus, it doesn't matter? 

That's what makes SW so pointless. It's people's personal preference - so what are we discussing here, really?

We are discussing big name and anticipated TP games that will not be on Wii U.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jakandsigz
And how many Wii U exclusives won't be on Bone/PS4?foxhound_fox
Exclusives have nothing to do with Third-parties bringing games to the platform.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]And how many Wii U exclusives won't be on Bone/PS4?Jakandsigz
Exclusives have nothing to do with Third-parties bringing games to the platform.

And the Wii U exclusives are games that Bone/PS4-only owners will miss.
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DocSanchez

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

trugs26

Irrelevant.

Are they system sellers? Will they make or break the console? Every console has these small indie titles, but this is about big hitters which in the grand scheme of things mean a lot more. If you think system wars is pointless sod off. No one is forcing you to be here.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ig7A-eaZA8

Video is kinda corny but they name a bunch of games and under additional info a ton more are listed of games skipping the Wii U . His list is up to 114 games that have games going to either current or nextgen but not Wii U. The Wii U only users are going to have a painful gen and it really has not even gotten started since it is the only next gen console out.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DocSanchez
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]And how many Wii U exclusives won't be on Bone/PS4?foxhound_fox

And the Wii U exclusives are games that Bone/PS4-only owners will miss.

Judging by the paltry sales of wonderful 101 most wii u fans will miss them too.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I want all of those except Titanfall and KH3. Sad for Wii U.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The list is set to grow to Top 100 games that will never be on the Wii U within a few months.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DocSanchez
The wii u will miss out on all next gen offerings pretty much. Nintendo promised they would compete this time. Sheep should be mad but they're still in denial.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#21 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Some of those games haven't even been announced :|

masterninja9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 masterninja9
Member since 2013 • 203 Posts
What'll happen when all 10 come to Wii U?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Never, is a long time.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]And how many Wii U exclusives won't be on Bone/PS4?foxhound_fox

And the Wii U exclusives are games that Bonle/PS4-only owners will miss.

Wii U will miss PS4 exclusives as well. Microsoft is kinda lame with exclusives so not much to miss there. Wii U will be the biggest loser by far still.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox
Wii U will miss PS4 exclusives as well. Microsoft is kinda lame with exclusives so not much to miss there. Wii U will be the biggest loser by far still.StrongBlackVine
Depends on what those U exclusives score. :3
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 trugs26

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"] Irrelevant.DocSanchez

Are they system sellers? Will they make or break the console? Every console has these small indie titles, but this is about big hitters which in the grand scheme of things mean a lot more. If you think system wars is pointless sod off. No one is forcing you to be here.

First of all, everything you said is your opinion on what "matters" or is "meaningful". So I can simply say "irrelevant" to you too.

Also, I'm simply posing the irrelevance of opinion if we take it seriously in SW - not that I personally think that. So in other words, if we take your stance on deaming things irrelevant, then I can say that for anything. SW is fun and news gets here fast - but my point is that you can't simply say "irrelevant" to someone when everything can be considered so.

People have different opinions, and an opinion could be that these "big third parties" don't matter. There is nothing irrelevant about that opinion, since the alternative is another opinion. If it is irrelevant, then everything in SW is irrelevant. 

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trugs26

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"] Irrelevant.Jakandsigz

We are discussing big name and anticipated TP games that will not be on Wii U.

You missed the point of my post. Regardless, I've elaborated in the previous post.  

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
You don't need to list anything, nothing comes to WiiU, just accept as is and go hype the next 3 Mario titles released this year alone
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#29 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol wii  didnt have these games and sold a ton ,  

and lets not forget wiiu is for nintendo games,  third party titles do not move consoles for nintendo  nintendo let third partys have the entire launch , and what did they do , , ya im glad im not gonna see many third party titles trashing on my wiiu ,  why because most of them are generic fpses ,  

heck watch dogs is probably the only upcoming third party gamwe besides blacklist i care about, 

i like open world games that seams to be the only reason to own a x1 and wiiu together,  ps4 can suck on my #$%^ i aint paying for a online service that gets hacked every  so often 

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

:cry:

And this is why I have to buy a PS4 alongside my WiiU...

Just like last gen when I bought a PS3 to go with my Wii...

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
The only game I care for on that list is Mirror's Edge 2 plus the list is sort of just made up.