Tired of Smash Brothers News

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Anyone else getting tired of Smash Brothers news? Seems like everyday I go to gaming websites and they're reporting on something about the game. It doesn't matter if its something as small, to me that is, as this.

Am I the only one getting tired of this? Why are they trying to reveal everything about this game?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragnarok1051

@sniperclone48 said:

Yes i am too. its childish game like JRPGs.

Nobody cares.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Yeah man, why they gotta post stuff about the most hyped exclusive of the year? It's like they think people want info about Smash Bros.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'm sick of hearing about fucking Pit's color combinations.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ragnarok1051

@princeofshapeir said:

Yeah man, why they gotta post stuff about the most hyped exclusive of the year? It's like they think people want info about Smash Bros.

Haven't we heard too much already?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

While I can understand your frustration with the media covering a game so extensively, especially one that I would have no interest in (for instance, it happened with The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, and so on)- I have to ask you- your solution to the problem of there being too much Smash Bros talk was to... make another thread to talk about Smash Bros.?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Well I've pretty much spoiled the entire game for myself, so....

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

Get use to it. The Nintendo hype train is rolling into town and there ain't no stopping it.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ragnarok1051

@charizard1605 said:

While I can understand your frustration with the media covering a game so extensively, especially one that I would have no interest in (for instance, it happened with The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, and so on)- I have to ask you- your solution to the problem of there being too much Smash Bros talk was to... make another thread to talk about Smash Bros.?

In my defense I'm discussing too much news. Not the news itself, but I see where you're coming from.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I'm only frustrated that none of this news addresses the pink elephant in the room: Where the hell is the Wii U version? It's October, and we still don't have a release date. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it gets pushed to January or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:

In my defense I'm discussing too much news. Not the news itself, but I see where you're coming from.

True, but when you make a thread on Smash, the topic will inevitably balloon to just talk about the game in general. Like so:

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

I'm only frustrated that none of this news addresses the pink elephant in the room: Where the hell is the Wii U version? It's October, and we still don't have a release date. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it gets pushed to January or something.

And to clear away your doubt, literally the only way Nintendo delays Smash U to next year is if they not only want the Wii U to not have a marquee release for this holiday season, but if they want it to not have any release this holiday season at all. You also have to remember, Smash's release is directly linked to the Amiibo initiative's release, and we know that goes live some time in November, so a direct correlation tells us Smash U is also launching in November. Maybe in early December at the latest, but not in 2015, no way.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I just want a release date for Wiiu version.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Can't blame them for giving it so much attention. Smash is huge, so they gotta put it out there properly.

I agree though, I feel like there's nothing left to see. Sure there is, but you get my point. You better get my point, because I'm dangerous.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

They're not gonna talk about the Wii U release until the 3DS version has been released worldwide. So starting next week, Sakurai's pics of the day should focus on the Wii U version, and we can probably expect a release date announcement from that.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

HA

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I think the problem is that we don't have enough news.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

And to clear away your doubt, literally the only way Nintendo delays Smash U to next year is if they not only want the Wii U to not have a marquee release for this holiday season, but if they want it to not have any release this holiday season at all. You also have to remember, Smash's release is directly linked to the Amiibo initiative's release, and we know that goes live some time in November, so a direct correlation tells us Smash U is also launching in November. Maybe in early December at the latest, but not in 2015, no way.

Nintendo has a history of prematurely announcing news when it comes to Smash Bros., though. I recall when Iwata announced the game for 3DS and Wii U, and Sakurai was just like ... "Wait, what?" I wouldn't put it past them to slate it for 2014, not realizing everything that still needed to be finished on the development end. Do I think it'll actually be pushed to 2015? No, not really. You're right: There's too much to lose. But do I think it'll probably come during the tail end of the holiday season? Yeah. December seems likely. Hell, they practically said it themselves by pegging it as a "Winter 2014" release -- that means they could even, technically, throw it on store shelves immediately following Christmas.

And they don't technically need Smash Bros. for an Amiibo launch. Mario Kart 8 will be compatible with them by that point, no?

Oh, and sorry -- I suppose I did balloon the topic into something else.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

It's just that good.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Ragnarok1051 said:

True, but when you make a thread on Smash, the topic will inevitably balloon to just talk about the game in general. Like so:

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Guys, guys. Take it easy and... SETTLE IT IN SMASH!!!!!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I plan on getting the Wii U version and I don't care about all this minutia. Truth be told, I don't like seeing extensive coverage on any game I'm going to buy because I like to savor the discoveries when I buy the game. Why spoil it? I go on media blackout to get the most out of games, tv shows, books, movies, music, etc.

Saving the discoveries for the $60 game purchase, otherwise there is less fun in the package for me. Of course, I don't expect the media to know my tastes, but some of these articles go way too far pooping out random articles like the one you cited about a single trophy within the game.

It's been a terrible gaming year, so maybe that has something to do with it. The writers are desperate for something to talk about that isn't gamersgate or shitty mediocre games.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Where well I don't go surfing on gaming websites....

Anyway never got the allure of the game I mean games a joke and people prefer project M no? When that game made evo and doa didn't talk about slap in the face popularity contest.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44563 Posts

I'm tired of more people in a position to critique the game, that Nintendo will listen to, not speaking up they need a D-pad control alternative.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#26 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Agreed! The game just needs to be out already!