This is why XBOX LIVE is worth $ And you all should get with the PROGRAM Link!!!

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dur_Rocky
Member since 2008 • 445 Posts

Bottom line and I've been saying this for years now is build your loyal fans of your system through your network and MS has been doing a masterful job of this. And Sony really needs to get with the program and honestly it might be to late for them. And honestly they most likely just can not do it on the same level as MS. I mean after all MS is the software giant of the world.

So all this I'm not paying for Live is BS and should be thrown out the window. Get with the times here people. 50 bones a year is so worth it and if you can afford $60 games 10-15 a year on ave and 400-500$ systems. Then just realize that you are a gamer and you should settle for nothing less then the best.

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-183355.aspx

This article sums it up and is the real truth and we all need to accept this as gamers.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
so why do ppl say ps3 is expensive?
Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dur_Rocky

so why do ppl say ps3 is expensive?eklineage

IDNO it seems they can buy a $500 system and games but become broke strangly when it comes to online:?

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

I've never understood the argument of the ps3 being expensive either.

And I do understand that there is alot of rich 360 owners just throwing money around just to play a game online but yet can't get a ps3 lol. Guys MS made Live free for pc gamers that should answer alot of questions about just how much XBL is worth. Don't get me wrong its prolly pretty nice but yall act like you got to have xbL to enjoy a game online with friends, and once again I'm sorry but I have a heck of a time with friends on psn already and its free.

P.S. XBL is one of the reasons I haven't picked up a 360 yet besides rrod because I have to figure in the $50 to play with friends. As a consumer you see $299 but its actually $349. I shouldn't have to think that way in this day and age with broadband all around. And yes it does hurt to pay that money cause that $349 just added up to $409 when I include a game purchase to play online with. And what happens when that game I bought I really don't like the online portion of the game? Can I get my $50 back cause I'm not playing online? Heck just add the additional cost to the console and get on with it. $299+ 4years XBL= $499 hmmm thats a ps3 with a bluray player lol. Geez lemmings so gulliable.

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
MS are taking your money. Sure XBL is better but PSN is free. 360 plus ps3 plus wireless apdapter? You could by a PS3 for that price Sheesh! you lemmings will in a few years follow the PS3. MS in a few years will run out of ideas and exclusives! JUST ADMIT PS3 RULES!
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

For what I get out of XBL I don't mind £40 a year. I'd like them to offer renewal deals though - so like a slightly discounted rate for loyal users.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point.
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

Bottom line and I've been saying this for years now is build your loyal fans of your system through your network and MS has been doing a masterful job of this. And Sony really needs to get with the program and honestly it might be to late for them. And honestly they most likely just can not do it on the same level as MS. I mean after all MS is the software giant of the world.

So all this I'm not paying for Live is BS and should be thrown out the window. Get with the times here people. 50 bones a year is so worth it and if you can afford $60 games 10-15 a year on ave and 400-500$ systems. Then just realize that you are a gamer and you should settle for nothing less then the best.

This article sums it up and is the real truth and we all need to accept this as gamers.

Dur_Rocky

answer me this : If Microsoft let sliver members play online for free how many people would buy xbox gold?

The thing is a lot of people on live would do without the extras if they were allowed to play online with sliver

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

1. xbl is not worth 50 bucks a year, no matter how much you try to break it down. (hey guys, it's only a nickel a day)

2. xbl is THE best online service this gen by far.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I would resubscribe to XBL if my 360 wasn't being repaired at the moment.

:cry:

hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts

its not worth it! i CAN afford it. I REFUSE to pay for something only a little better. i have used both psn and xbl. You cant say anybody who doesn't want to pay for live isnt a gamer! i don't pay full price for game either (unless its mgs4). im a person of principles and i refuse to throw my money at large companies. why did i buy a ps3, because i heard sony lose a decent amount of money for every one they make :D. You want to know what else i wont pay for? a wi-fi adapter... £70!! WTF

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 angryfodder

[QUOTE="eklineage"]so why do ppl say ps3 is expensive?ANIALATOR136
MS are taking your money. Sure XBL is better but PSN is free. 360 plus ps3 plus wireless apdapter? You could by a PS3 for that price Sheesh! you lemmings will in a few years follow the PS3. MS in a few years will run out of ideas and exclusives! JUST ADMIT PS3 RULES!

You make it sound that wireless is needed for online gaming and in someway better. Both of these are not true.

I actually think that have these added extra's at cost is a good thing. I just pay for the things I need.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Xbox live offers me nothing I feel worth paying for. I want to play Online and a refuse to pay yearly to do that, my PS3 offers the exact same Online gaming that the 360 offers and it's for free. All that article states is "Wow they charge for live and make tons of money why would they make it free?" Wich is obvious because Live is a giant stream of cash that they barley use and of the income from the fees to maintain or upgrade. If they spent all that money on upgrading the system it would be something phenominal. But I think it's to offset losses from them Moneyhating everything they can find.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44174 Posts

For what I get out of XBL I don't mind £40 a year. I'd like them to offer renewal deals though - so like a slightly discounted rate for loyal users.

angryfodder

Yup, I have been a continuous member from day one and every November they charge my credit card the full rate which I find worth it though I really like your idea. :D

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
The problem is, I get the best (PC online) for free. So why should I pay for something sub-par?
Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dur_Rocky

You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point. Bread_or_Decide

Sure you can but it will not be nearly as fleashed out. And really to run these servers and to be the best you have to have cost. So this is why PSn will always feel generic and subpar to Live.

And what's this about PS3 being bricked when you delete a movie?

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dur_Rocky
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

SecretPolice

Yup, I have been a continuous member from day one and every November they charge my credit card the full rate which I find worth it though I really like your idea. :D

Yeah i second that great idea i can see that maybe happing at some point.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Theres no difference online when playing a game on xbl or psn, except you have to pay with xbl.

The added extras you get with live aren't worth it and if silver was free for online play you'd see how many people agree with me.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreyFoXX4
XBL is one of the reasons I haven't picked up a 360 yet besides rrod because I have to figure in the $50 to play with friends. As a consumer you see $299 but its actually $349. I shouldn't have to think that way in this day and age with broadband all around. And yes it does hurt to pay that money cause that $349 just added up to $409 when I include a game purchase to play online with. And what happens when that game I bought I really don't like the online portion of the game? Can I get my $50 back cause I'm not playing online? Heck just add the additional cost to the console and get on with it. $299+ 4years XBL= $499 hmmm thats a ps3 with a bluray player lol. Geez lemmings so gulliable.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jynxzor

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point. Dur_Rocky

Sure you can but it will not be nearly as fleashed out. And really to run these servers and to be the best you have to have cost. So this is why PSn will always feel generic and subpar to Live.

Well I don't see what you mean by "FLESHED" out comunity...The servers on the PSN work just as fine as any on Live, and I've never heard of a single PS3 being bricked by deleting a movie, even if it happend its a issolated incedent, you really shouldn't bring up "Bricked" systems when your trying to defend the 360 no matter how poorly you do it.

hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hip-hop-cola2

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point. Dur_Rocky

"run servers" ? ... well il just shoot that down with, warhawk and Resistance's dedicated servers. WUT?

NOLDYLOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NOLDYLOD
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
LOL, the ownage has been delivered, psn will crash nad burn with the new xbox expearence!
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

The problem is, I get the best (PC online) for free. So why should I pay for something sub-par?Ibacai

And there it is...

Plus, this (the article's, not Ibacai's!) argument is basically senseless- if MS can give it away for free on the PC, why not the 360?

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Dur_Rocky

I haven't seen anything about that, nor have I had a problem with that.

And if it really cost money for all those servers, then why did Live go free on PC's?

It seems as if MS is milking their console.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 angryfodder
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

SecretPolice

Alot of other "things" I subscribe to or am tied into a yearly contract with offer renewal deals. Car insurance, phone contract, gym membership etc etc.

One thing that annoys me as well is I think I should be able to change my gamertag at renewal for free - as I am paying again. If i was to kill that gamertag at the end of the year, then start fresh, I could have a new name - so why can't I do it when i am rolling over for a new year?

_witenite_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _witenite_
Member since 2008 • 369 Posts

did you even see who wrote the article? for the love of god.

you didnt even say why it is worth the money, it is not.

and honestly who cares. once get into an online game, its the same, AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

and the good thing about psn is it continues to improve. for free.

hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hip-hop-cola2
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="angryfodder"]

angryfodder

Alot of other "things" I subscribe to or am tied into a yearly contract with offer renewal deals. Car insurance, phone contract, gym membership etc etc.

One thing that annoys me as well is I think I should be able to change my gamertag at renewal for free - as I am paying again. If i was to kill that gamertag at the end of the year, then start fresh, I could have a new name - so why can't I do it when i am rolling over for a new year?

you can change your gamertag for free, get a group of friends to report your name as "offensive" and your aloud to change it for free

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreyFoXX4
LoL on the ps3 you just make a new profile and then you play online with a new name. Hmm you have to pay for that on xbL?
Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dur_Rocky
[QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point. Jynxzor

Well I don't see what you mean by "FLESHED" out comunity...The servers on the PSN work just as fine as any on Live, and I've never heard of a single PS3 being bricked by deleting a movie, even if it happend its a issolated incedent, you really shouldn't bring up "Bricked" systems when your trying to defend the 360 no matter how poorly you do it.

Trust me Live just feel so much more alive when you log on and roam the network. PSN just feels like half baked. And kind of dead in comparison.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 angryfodder

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]The problem is, I get the best (PC online) for free. So why should I pay for something sub-par?Vampyronight

And there it is...

Plus, this (the article's, not Ibacai's!) argument is basically senseless- if MS can give it away for free on the PC, why not the 360?

PC gaming is not strictly free online. You'll find that someone, somewhere is usually footing the bills.

Our clan runs and pays for gaming servers for example.

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dur_Rocky
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

Trust me Live just feel so much more alive when you log on and roam the network. PSN just feels like half baked. And kind of dead in comparison.

It's kind of like going to a party and saying man this party is jumping on Xbox Live. And when you go the the PSN party you are like hmm this party is kind of weak. Lets go back to the Live party.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jynxzor

You offer no real basis for your argument so I have to assume your coming up with these lame examples...and quoting yourself because you have nothing to present as evidence that "Live is better!"

I have played Live whenever I get a free Live code for preordering certain games I use it, and I see nothing worth paying for period.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Because it costs 140 pounds more ;)
Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dur_Rocky

You offer no real basis for your argument so I have to assume your coming up with these lame examples...and quoting yourself because you have nothing to present as evidence that "Live is better!"

I have played Live whenever I get a free Live code for preordering certain games I use it, and I see nothing worth paying for period.

Jynxzor

Xbox Live Arcade>>>>>>>>>Xbox Live Movie Service>>>>>>>>Xbox Live TV networks>>>>>>>>>Xbox Live voice chat and Acheivements>>>>>>>>>Xbox Live Inside Box>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox Live gets exckusive beta's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox Live user created game content>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:shock:

There you go.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jynxzor

All I see is alot of arrows and stuff thats not worth paying for. I have cable for my TV needs, a telephone and the INTERNET for talking to people online Why do I need to pay for this stuff when I already have it.

It's not like anyone who owns a 360 doesnt have Cable, Phone service, or the internet where you can get all of these services so why pay even more? I also Don't see anything in that list PSN doesnt have.

Xbox Live arcade: PSN games

Xbox Live movies: PSN has mvies as well.

Tv networks: Not sure if PSN has this, but I'll switch to my cable when I need to watch TV.

Xblive voicechat and acheivments: PSN has Voice chat and trophies.

Xbox Live inside box: I have no idea what that is.

Xbox live exclusive betas: PSN has Quore if your that hardcore on Betas although you can just wait and get them free.

Xbox user created game content: some games on the PS3 support mods, otherwise I don't know what your talking about.

So this is what you think is worth paying monthly for?

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts

Don't they make enough money from charging for things that are normally free like map packs? Why are Sony fanboys called Cows when Lemmings get milked more? "HAHA They have to pay for a $600 console! That is MILKAGE!" I get free maps and other goodies from Value for CS and HL2: DM and I get more weapons and other content free with Diablo patches. Explain that one lemmings. :|

I'm just really angry that M$ is starting to get Sony to do it. They announced that they are going to have a 'pro' version of PSN that will charge a monthly fee (which would make it more expensive then Live) and they charge for map packs and other things too. Everything just sucks now, I'm going make my home gog.com when it goes live. :P

"As the industry moves further to a subscription basis this is the future. Why give up on it now?"

This guy is full of it. The thing about a subscription... is that you get everything with it. You don't pay $15 a month for a download website then start paying per download when you are ALREADY paying the freaking monthly fee. It's like being taxed on top of the taxes you already have.

roc321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 roc321
Member since 2005 • 2387 Posts

All I see is alot of arrows and stuff thats not worth paying for. I have cable for my TV needs, a telephone and the INTERNET for talking to people online Why do I need to pay for this stuff when I already have it.

It's not like anyone who owns a 360 doesnt have Cable, Phone service, or the internet where you can get all of these services so why pay even more? I also Don't see anything in that list PSN doesnt have.

Xbox Live arcade: PSN games

Xbox Live movies: PSN has mvies as well.

Tv networks: Not sure if PSN has this, but I'll switch to my cable when I need to watch TV.

Xblive voicechat and acheivments: PSN has Voice chat and trophies.

Xbox Live inside box: I have no idea what that is.

Xbox live exclusive betas: PSN has Quore if your that hardcore on Betas although you can just wait and get them free.

Xbox user created game content: some games on the PS3 support mods, otherwise I don't know what your talking about.

So this is what you think is worth paying monthly for?

Jynxzor

1. XBLA > PSN

2. Netflix

3. Not everyone has an HD cable box or satellite

4. Few ever use headsets on PSN, trophies only work on a few games

5. I haven't heard of that either lol

6. I greatly dislike anything but the final version of the game- no comment

7. XNA

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jynxzor

So your argument is that just because some people choose not to have these things when they play PSN they are worth paying for on Live?

XBLA > PSN is a matter of opinion. Sony pictures is also one of the largest movie distributors givin that they ramp up their movie service they would be amazing. The fact that not everyone has a HD cable box or satelite more or less means they don't want HD services. Just because there are fewer headsets over PSN doesnt mean you can't voice chat, trophies work fine for being implemented only a while ago. and games made by people have existed on PC for ages, I'm not sure why everyone cares all the sudden because they are on Live, I also dislike Paying to subsribe just so I can pay more for the games on that subscribed service.

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Dur_Rocky

i would agree with that article if Steam didnt exist. Steam is everything xbl is but free end of story. if valve can do it with steam i see no reason why micorsoft cant. I know its pc and not a console but think about it seam has friends list, can download demos and full games, and free online play. And lets not forget the XBL has no dedicated servers only P2P which IMO makes 50$ a year a total joke. And there is still the fact that Sony get closer and closer to what XBL is and they are still free.

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts
[QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point. Jynxzor

Of couse you don't know what he means, I see you only play PS3 online. If you actually used Live for a good amount of time, you and every Sony fan would finally realize why Live it great.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
So what does that $50 get you on XBL that you don't get for free everywhere else? If there is anything I bet it doesn't have anything to do with gaming.
Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dur_Rocky
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]You can build a loyal community through a free service as well. I don't see your point. Disturbed_One98

Of couse you don't know what he means, I see you only play PS3 online. If you actually used Live for a good amount of time, you and every Sony fan would finally realize why Live it great.

Not to stir the pot but ain't that the truth. Most who play on PSN have never even played on Live so they just say and asumme PSN is as good. Whereas i on the other hand have had both for years and i make the logical conclusion Live>>>PSN

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 angryfodder

I can't really bash PSN as I have never used it. I never went online with my PS2 and don't have a PS3.

If it is free and has all the same functions of xbl than good times.

I do think that XBL has a few benefits over PC online and probably where the money comes in. Its the service it provides.

With XBL you can setup an account and play all your games within minutes. Its very east to setup and use. Its very user friendly, you can see all your friends via the friends list. See what they are up/playing. It lets you join them and jump into the game they are playing at a touch of a button. You can talk to friends across games.

I'm not saying that all these things are not possible on PC, but I don't know of one serivce that lets you do this for al/any PC game. and its not soo easy to setup.

Personally I think XBL is a great online gaming interface and for me it is worth the £40 a year.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
50 bucks for 13 months is nothing
hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hip-hop-cola2
[QUOTE="Disturbed_One98"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

Not to stir the pot but ain't that the truth. Most who play on PSN have never even played on Live so they just say and asumme PSN is as good. Whereas i on the other hand have had both for years and i make the logical conclusion Live>>>PSN

i have used both to, ur right. worth it no. i choose not to accept BS

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
i agree
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Metsvideogame
Member since 2008 • 1145 Posts

The problem is, I get the best (PC online) for free. So why should I pay for something sub-par?Ibacai

please it isnt the best, pc fanboy are so hard to hug.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts
I'm not paying for something I can get for free. So I refuse to ever pay for Live again. I'll still be getting 360 games for sure, Like Fable 2/GeoW2, but i'm not gonna pay $60 to play them online.
ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts
[QUOTE="Disturbed_One98"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

I've played them both. The difference is litteraly nothing apart from a few community features, stop being a fanboy and accept the truth Rocky.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts
This topic is older than time. I really wish the mods would lock any thread complaining/advocating the price of a system or its accessories (LIVE included). :roll: