This is why NO ONE should own a 360 or go on Live

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Knight-of-NINE
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

My friend just had the worst ordeal with his 360, he had a 360 arcade that he traded into to his local game store, but the system was resold without the internal 256 ram being wiped out and that had his profile on it with his credit card number and Xbox Live info.

So needless to say this 13 year old kid started charging microsoft points and extending the Live account.

My friend before figuring out exactly what happened he exhausted his cell phone minutes with Microsoft customer service giving him the run around, which were all in India by the way and he could barely understand them, but all they kept telling him was it was under investigation.

So my friend accessed his Live account through his computer and saw the kid's sign on I.D., then called the store and they tracked him down, but not before the kid made over $50.00 in charges to his account.

He managed to get it resolved through the game store and the kids parents but Microsoft was no help what so ever, and since they discovered he was no longer a 360 owner they seemed to care even less about him, even though he was having money stolen from his account because Microsoft made the internal 256 ram on the arcade systems have a default profile save created.

Microsoft really stinks and so does there lousy 360's, i hope PS3 and Wii stomp them into the ground.

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
Not really Microsofts fault... You friends shoulda wiped it. Thats what happens when you think about things. ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

>My friend is an idiot who forgot to delete his information, and now I'm going to blame Microsoft.

Pretty much...

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

He should have thought of that before he turned it in.

luis1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 luis1972
Member since 2003 • 69 Posts

Let me get this straight... Your friend is stupid enough to sell his 360 without deleting his account info. and this is somehow Microsoft's fault?

black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
This could have happened just as easily with a Ps3
Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
Dude, blaming a company cause ur friend sold his 360 without deleting his account is like farting and saying someone else did it.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blixxed

Can we change the thread title to "This is why idiots shouldn't have credit cards and game consoles."?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

So your friend resold his stuff with all of his information on it?

Sounds like it was his fault. Sucks to be him.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Whatever happened to accountability and personal responsibility? Quit thinking like a victim.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Your friends an idiot. Its the equivilent of selling an old computer, and not wiping the HDD with all of your bank info, and other private information. Next time use common sense.

superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
Your friend is a moron. I'm sorry Microsoft wasn't helpful, but if some random guy complained to me that he was dumb and got his identity stolen, I wouldn't help him either. It is Microsoft's job to protect your identity to the point that they're not supposed to share your personal information. On the user end, though, it's the user's responsibility.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
lol, that just means that your friend is retarded, thats all. also, he is further stupid due to the fact that he should have called the number from a landline phone, as cell phones use minutes on 1-800 calls. basically, you try to blame 360 for the fact that your friend has downs syndrome.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
So I should not own a 360 cause your friend was an idiot? Cool. Bout to sell it right now. Right after I delete my account info.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Um, isn't that the game's stores fault, and your friends?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Why should a corporation take blame for the actions of a dumbass?

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Knight-of-NINE

Let me get this straight... Your friend is stupid enough to sell his 360 without deleting his account info. and this is somehow Microsoft's fault?

luis1972
NO Microsoft are the idiots for making his profile be defaulted to the arcades 256 internal memory, instead of letting him put it all on his 20gig hard drive that he bought.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mtradr43
[QUOTE="Knight-of-NINE"][QUOTE="luis1972"]

NO Microsoft are the idiots for making his profile be defaulted to the arcades 256 internal memory, instead of letting him put it all on his 20gig hard drive that he bought.

except for the fact that you can move stuff around, and even choose where you want to save your profile when you make a new one. it all keeps going back to the fact that you friend is dumb and probably shouldnt have any consoles at all unless his mom is there to turn them on for him.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

Um, he could have easily transferred that data. Your friend is still an idiot.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

[QUOTE="luis1972"]

Knight-of-NINE

Thats still not an excuse for him not to delete it.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#23 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

I thought this was going to be a good thread! THIS FAILS!! LMAO

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

I sold my Samsung hard drive and it had all my bank account numbers on it... My money got stolen and now Samsung won't help me... boo hoo... evil company. My mom also forgot to tell me to delete it so I'm sueing her for being a bad mom... boo hoo.

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

Rougehunter

haha...oh man....so well done.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#26 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

blazingneo32089

U AND ur friend are idiots.

WOW THAT WAS SO BLATANT NICE WAY TO GET YOURSELF MODDED! think next time... Insults like that are for sure to get you a suspension

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
stupid friend, similar to complaining about someone using your credit card after you left it lying on the bench of some random bus stop....
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blixxed

[QUOTE="luis1972"]

Knight-of-NINE

He's an idiot for not being responsible with his credit card.

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Knight-of-NINE

Your friend is a moron. I'm sorry Microsoft wasn't helpful, but if some random guy complained to me that he was dumb and got his identity stolen, I wouldn't help him either. It is Microsoft's job to protect your identity to the point that they're not supposed to share your personal information. On the user end, though, it's the user's responsibility.superluigi96
Do you guy's not listen or what, Microsoft did not tell anyone that they put the once separate 256meg card that plugged into the front of the system, now inside of the new arcade systems and therefore they are the ones to blame no one knew the 256meg ram was in there.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I consider myself partly a cow at heart, but I can't help you on this one. Your friend should've erased his profile before trading it in. On the external and internal memory banks. Common sense if you ask me.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sleepingzzz

[QUOTE="blazingneo32089"][QUOTE="Knight-of-NINE"] NO Microsoft are the idiots for making his profile be defaulted to the arcades 256 internal memory, instead of letting him put it all on his 20gig hard drive that he bought.BLBxLakers24

U AND ur friend are idiots.

WOW THAT WAS SO BLATANT NICE WAY TO GET YOURSELF MODDED! think next time... Insults like that are for sure to get you a suspension

Oh no he got modded... he's going to suffer for eternity... who cares.
bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

It's not Microsoft's fault. It's your friends fault.

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mtradr43
[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"][QUOTE="BLBxLakers24"]

U AND ur friend are idiots.blazingneo32089

Oh no he got modded... he's going to suffer for eternity... who cares.

besides, is calling someone an idiot an insult if they actually are one? i call that telling the truth.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
THIS IS THE MORON!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING A SYSTEM WITH A 65% RETURN RATE FOR BEING THE CRAPPIEST SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!!!! THEY NEVER RELEASED A PRESS RELEASE FOR THE ARCADE SYSTEMS SAYING THERE WAS A NEW INTERNAL MEMORY ON THE ARCADE SYSTEMS. THE GUYS AT GAMESTOP DIDN'T EVEN NOT ABOUT IT. AND IT'S MY FAULT?!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE IDIOTS FOR BEING DUPED BY MICROSOFT FOR BELIEVING THE 360 IS A GREAT GAME CONSOLE. I LAUGH AT ALL THE RED RING VICTIMS!!!! SO TO ALL YOU MORONS WHO HAVE A 360, GOOD LUCK WITH MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MEXICO AND INDIA AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RED RINGS, A**HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!thedangle1
passionate.....
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

So as has been said before and i will expand upon with this post.

your friend being of less then brain sold his 360 without formatting it? *as well you can transfer the memory of the 256 mb internal to a hard drive* then the store he sold it too didn't do that either...so someone was able to use his account... *he could have easily logged onto xbox.com and changed his details or removed the credit card from his profile* and this is microsofts fault?

and not only that your friend of less then brain used a cellphone? A CELLPHONE to call a toll free customer service number? and used up his minutes *sounds like he used a pay as you go phone*....and this is microsofts fault?

I have to post this and only this.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts

THIS IS THE MORON!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING A SYSTEM WITH A 65% RETURN RATE FOR BEING THE CRAPPIEST SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!!!! THEY NEVER RELEASED A PRESS RELEASE FOR THE ARCADE SYSTEMS SAYING THERE WAS A NEW INTERNAL MEMORY ON THE ARCADE SYSTEMS. THE GUYS AT GAMESTOP DIDN'T EVEN NOT ABOUT IT. AND IT'S MY FAULT?!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE IDIOTS FOR BEING DUPED BY MICROSOFT FOR BELIEVING THE 360 IS A GREAT GAME CONSOLE. I LAUGH AT ALL THE RED RING VICTIMS!!!! SO TO ALL YOU MORONS WHO HAVE A 360, GOOD LUCK WITH MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MEXICO AND INDIA AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RED RINGS, A**HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!thedangle1

Ok level 3.I believe you.It was not your fault.You should have been enformed that your info would be saved.I know people would say your the TC,but I won't.I will stand proudly by your side/end sarcasm

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts
Whoa whoa pump the brakes son...what did you want here? Tears and cookies? How about a tiny violin?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Not microsofts fault, you sell any PC or game system you wipe the memory yourself. same thing would have happened if it was a PS3 with credit card info your friend diden't delete
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sleepingzzz
Dude you're just asking for people to pick you apart with a post like this. No one here is going to care or feel sorry for you. If anything they are just going to get a chance to take a shot at you and get you even more riled up.
RaZoR500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RaZoR500
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

Just because your friend was dumb enough (no offence) to not remove his profile doesn't turn into a reason not to own the console. it should be stupid people shouldn't be trusted with a console that connects to the internet than NO ONE should own a 360 as you have stated

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="superluigi96"]Your friend is a moron. I'm sorry Microsoft wasn't helpful, but if some random guy complained to me that he was dumb and got his identity stolen, I wouldn't help him either. It is Microsoft's job to protect your identity to the point that they're not supposed to share your personal information. On the user end, though, it's the user's responsibility.Knight-of-NINE

Do you guy's not listen or what, Microsoft did not tell anyone that they put the once separate 256meg card that plugged into the front of the system, now inside of the new arcade systems and therefore they are the ones to blame no one knew the 256meg ram was in there.

they didn't?
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-arcade-system-256mb-internal-memory-hdmi/q/loc/108/210936678.html

http://kotaku.com/5101158/new-360-arcades-get-256mb-internal-storage

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59193

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360arcadesystem/

Play together today with Xbox 360 Arcade, including the Xbox 360 console, wireless controller, and 256 MB of internal memory.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blixxed

Just because your friend was dumb enough (no offence) to not remove his profile doesn't turn into a reason not to own the console. it should be stupid people shouldn't be trusted with a console that connects to the internet than NO ONE should own a 360 as you have stated

RaZoR500
They can have that, they shouldn't get credit cards though. :p
thedangle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thedangle1
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="thedangle1"]THIS IS THE MORON!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING A SYSTEM WITH A 65% RETURN RATE FOR BEING THE CRAPPIEST SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!!!! THEY NEVER RELEASED A PRESS RELEASE FOR THE ARCADE SYSTEMS SAYING THERE WAS A NEW INTERNAL MEMORY ON THE ARCADE SYSTEMS. THE GUYS AT GAMESTOP DIDN'T EVEN NOT ABOUT IT. AND IT'S MY FAULT?!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE IDIOTS FOR BEING DUPED BY MICROSOFT FOR BELIEVING THE 360 IS A GREAT GAME CONSOLE. I LAUGH AT ALL THE RED RING VICTIMS!!!! SO TO ALL YOU MORONS WHO HAVE A 360, GOOD LUCK WITH MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MEXICO AND INDIA AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RED RINGS, A**HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!sleepingzzz
Dude you're just asking for people to pick you apart with a post like this. No one here is going to care or feel sorry for you. If anything they are just going to get a chance to take a shot at you and get you even more riled up.

I know. I feel sorry for all you people who are blasting me on the forum. You people make me laugh. If I knew about the internal memory, I would have wiped it out. I did format the harddrive before trading it in, but when I found out from the manager of the store I traded it in at there was a backup memory built in to the system, I called Microsoft and blamed them for not telling anybody there was a backup and the there the ones for making an AUTOMATIC transfer of your personal info onto a memory storage nobody knew about. I'm not to blame here, you people are for making everybody believe that Xbox Live is the greatest thing since sliced bread when the system has a failure rate of over 65% and you have to pay $50 a year for an account you get free on PS3 and when they automatically put the automatic 3 month Gold membership renewal on so they can charge you $20 every three months if you don't cancel it. Good luck...

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"][QUOTE="thedangle1"]THIS IS THE MORON!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING A SYSTEM WITH A 65% RETURN RATE FOR BEING THE CRAPPIEST SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!!!! THEY NEVER RELEASED A PRESS RELEASE FOR THE ARCADE SYSTEMS SAYING THERE WAS A NEW INTERNAL MEMORY ON THE ARCADE SYSTEMS. THE GUYS AT GAMESTOP DIDN'T EVEN NOT ABOUT IT. AND IT'S MY FAULT?!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE IDIOTS FOR BEING DUPED BY MICROSOFT FOR BELIEVING THE 360 IS A GREAT GAME CONSOLE. I LAUGH AT ALL THE RED RING VICTIMS!!!! SO TO ALL YOU MORONS WHO HAVE A 360, GOOD LUCK WITH MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MEXICO AND INDIA AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RED RINGS, A**HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!thedangle1
How could Dude you're just asking for people to pick you apart with a post like this. No one here is going to care or feel sorry for you. If anything they are just going to get a chance to take a shot at you and get you even more riled up.

I know. I feel sorry for all you people who are blasting me on the forum. You people make me laugh. If I knew about the internal memory, I would have wiped it out. I did format the harddrive for before trading it in, but when I found out from the manager of the store I traded it in at there was a backup memory built in to the system, I called Microsoft and blamed them for not telling anybody there was a backup and the there the ones for making an AUTOMATIC transfer of your personal info onto a memory storage nobody knew about. I'm not to blame here, you people are for making everybody believe that Xbox Live is the greatest thing since sliced bread with a failure rate of over 65%.

How could you not find the internal memory? It gives you the option to save there everytime you start a game. And its super easy to move or delete things on your memory.
ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ImportBMWRacer
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts

And I was like typo, and then... wait....this is really the idiot! LOL how dumb can the two(smirk) of them be? They(the one) need help...LOL

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"][QUOTE="thedangle1"]THIS IS THE MORON!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING A SYSTEM WITH A 65% RETURN RATE FOR BEING THE CRAPPIEST SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!!!! THEY NEVER RELEASED A PRESS RELEASE FOR THE ARCADE SYSTEMS SAYING THERE WAS A NEW INTERNAL MEMORY ON THE ARCADE SYSTEMS. THE GUYS AT GAMESTOP DIDN'T EVEN NOT ABOUT IT. AND IT'S MY FAULT?!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE IDIOTS FOR BEING DUPED BY MICROSOFT FOR BELIEVING THE 360 IS A GREAT GAME CONSOLE. I LAUGH AT ALL THE RED RING VICTIMS!!!! SO TO ALL YOU MORONS WHO HAVE A 360, GOOD LUCK WITH MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MEXICO AND INDIA AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RED RINGS, A**HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!thedangle1

I know. I feel sorry for all you people who are blasting me on the forum. You people make me laugh. If I knew about the internal memory, I would have wiped it out. I did format the harddrive before trading it in, but when I found out from the manager of the store I traded it in at there was a backup memory built in to the system, I called Microsoft and blamed them for not telling anybody there was a backup and the there the ones for making an AUTOMATIC transfer of your personal info onto a memory storage nobody knew about. I'm not to blame here, you people are for making everybody believe that Xbox Live is the greatest thing since sliced bread with a failure rate of over 65%.

points up to his post of links about how microsoft did report it.. and last i checked its right...ON THE BOX.
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#48 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

I'm pretty sure Io actually remeber the Press Release about teh switch to internal memory on the Arcade 360. Its not hard to look and see where your profile info is stored and to erase it or move it. It was his responsability to keep is data safe and remove it when he sold his 360 in.

Also, my experience with Microsoft support/customer service was excellent. My 360 had RROD once and I sent it in and got a replacement console back within a week. It was very simple, fast, and free. The RROD is a very bad problem, but atleast they are handling it responsably. I love my 360 and I use it every single day for games, music, and movies.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WilliamRLBaker

I was right.
it is on the box.

says right on the box, 256mbs...

topps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 topps
Member since 2002 • 319 Posts

And this is why we have warning labels on everything. I think the last sentance of each manual or waning label should say, "if you don't read this, and something goes wrong, it's your own fault".