This is why I'll never get a 360

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
Stuff like this . And the fact that they won't give you a new system even though the old one breaking was their fault. These consoles are too expensive to have them breaking on you after only five months of use. Heck my SNES still works and I've had it more than a decade!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    Welcome to a one year warranty, with the option to extend it indefinitely.
Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CyanX73

You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.Jelle87

Some people? Dude...THOUSANDS of people. And these aren't people in some other country or something. I only need to go next door and witness firsthand a frustrated owner of a broken 360. If this were a few dozen people, no big deal but thousands dude. Heck there's a whole thread on the 360 forum dedicated to broken 360s. And don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy (despite my sig ;) ). I owned an Xbox and loved it. In fact, once I got it I played it more than I did my PS2. I'm also a big Halo fan so this really sux.  

escocashflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 escocashflow
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts
I dont think anybody cares.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="Jelle87"]You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.CyanX73

Some people? Dude...THOUSANDS of people. And these aren't people in some other country or something. I only need to go next door and witness firsthand a frustrated owner of a broken 360. If this were a few dozen people, no big deal but thousands dude. Heck there's a whole thread on the 360 forum dedicated to broken 360s. And don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy (despite my sig ;) ). I owned an Xbox and loved it. In fact, once I got it I played it more than I did my PS2. I'm also a big Halo fan so this really sux.

Thousands out of millions...hmm doesn't seen terrible to me.

I wonder how many people had disc read errors on PS2, yet people still continued to buy them. 

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
okay.. way to keep your self from having a lot of gaming pleasure....  great motto for the rest of your life.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

i got a brand new one for nothing when my last machine which i got on launch day broke...

but i do know the way ms treats its customers in the u.s. is pretty bad!

but you shouldnt let that put you off getting one now,,the problems early adopters had are almost gone!

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CyanX73

i got a brand new one for nothing when my last machine which i got on launch day broke...

but you shouldnt let that put you off getting one now,,the problems early adopters had are almost gone!

daveg1

Thanks for actually responding w/o resorting to sarcasm or insults. I'll wait to read that the early problems are gone before I plunk down that much money on a 360. At least one 360 owner was willing to lend credence to my arguement. MS treats its customers pretty bad. I think being number one went to their head or something.  

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CyanX73

And now we understand why the PS3 is the most unwanted system. And it's gaychronoblazer

Spoken like a true level 4 noob.  

d_black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 d_black
Member since 2004 • 1538 Posts
TC sounds like fanboy, has the sig to match. As someone said, the PS2 had major defects (I know, my first one wouldn't even read the blue discs) and yet they sold. Also, don't buy one - Why do we care?
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

look how manny people had to rebuy ps2  :roll:

also sony got sued for faulty hardware too

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="daveg1"]

CyanX73

Thanks for actually responding w/o resorting to sarcasm or insults. I'll wait to read that the early problems are gone before I plunk down that much money on a 360. At least one 360 owner was willing to lend credence to my arguement. MS treats its customers pretty bad. I think being number one went to their head or something.

They are not number one (maybe in computing, but not in the gaming world yet if ever). And I have had two 360 units fail on me (launch ones) and the Customer Serivce both times was both very nice, and helpful. I have dealt with many customer service call centers, and I can say that my experience with the MS one was not bad at all, and I do indeed live in the US.

And I was not insulting. The 360 comes with a year warranty, and you have an option to extend it every two year if you want the peace of mind. 

Philosoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 Philosoma
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

Stuff like this . And the fact that they won't give you a new system even though the old one breaking was their fault. These consoles are too expensive to have them breaking on you after only five months of use. Heck my SNES still works and I've had it more than a decade! CyanX73

You should try it for yourself - and you aren't too pumped about 360's lineup, wait until it's super cheap and all of the games you'd want to play are $20. I think that the 360's problems stink, sure, but you gotta have hindsight and pay the $30 for a warranty. When I got my PS3, I went ahead and got the warranty anyway just to be prepared.

chronoblazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chronoblazer
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

[QUOTE="chronoblazer"]And now we understand why the PS3 is the most unwanted system. And it's gayCyanX73

Spoken like a true level 4 noob.  

.......I fail to see how my level on an internet site measures my intellegence.

Spoken like someone who spent all his time playing all the systems he owned as a kid and never got a girlfriend. or friends in general.

razzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 razzy1
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

And now we understand why the PS3 is the most unwanted system. And it's gaychronoblazer

Spoken like someone who spent all his time playing all the systems he owned as a kid and never got a girlfriend. or friends in general.

chronoblazer

Explain to us then how a console can be "gay".

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="chronoblazer"]

razzy1

Well, if the PS3 was to use its HDMI port to tickle another PS3 in just the right way, it could be misconstrued :oops:

dumfart66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dumfart66
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="daveg1"]

CyanX73

Hello guy with same picture as me. MS does treat its customers like **** in the customer service line of things, but the extended warranty and taking it back to repair balances that. They are only bad in the actual talking to them, and ALL companies suck in that part of customer service.

raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

I personally avoid the xbox based on the fact that it's a software company that's trying to enter a hardware market. And since it's a software company the way of thinking: " we can always fix it later with a patch" (read: new sku)  starts to show.

A bit of a smae really, since the developers are starting to punch out some neat titles on the system, guess I'll pick 'em up on the pc in a few years anyway

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts
Show me 10 360 buyers and I'll show you 8 unhappy customers.
chronoblazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chronoblazer
[QUOTE="razzy1"][QUOTE="chronoblazer"]

SpruceCaboose

Well, if the PS3 was to use its HDMI port to tickle another PS3 in just the right way, it could be misconstrued :oops:

That was AMAZING!!!! Props :)

chronoblazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chronoblazer

Show me 10 360 buyers and I'll show you 8 unhappy customers.dubvisions

Show me 10 PS3 owners and I'll show 9 cool people who returned the system and bought a 360 or Wii and 1 Ps Fan boy who lives with his mother.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

the only reason I wont get an X360 is because there is no reason to get one. most of its "exclusives" are also on PC, and I have a good gaming PC, therefore, no reason to buy one.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpruceCaboose

Show me 10 360 buyers and I'll show you 8 unhappy customers.dubvisions

Lets try it. 360 owner since launch. Very happy with my purchase. 

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
I also has a working launch 360 and I'm happy also.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xxThyLordxx

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]Show me 10 360 buyers and I'll show you 8 unhappy customers.SpruceCaboose

X360 owner  but sold it due to hardware problems. I was an unhappy X360 owner.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
Hahaha no fakeboys allowed,nice try though.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xxThyLordxx

Hahaha no fakeboys allowed,nice try though.deangallop

it was worth a try. :lol: 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

xxThyLordxx

X360 owner but sold it due to hardware problems. I was an unhappy X360 owner.

I had the hardware issues too, but I decided to buy the extended warranty (before the one year thing) and so I got new boxes both times, with one coming with an extra HDD they forgot to remove, so I made $50 selling it, which wasn't a bad deal.

mattius1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattius1989
Member since 2003 • 1137 Posts

rofl 

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I've mailed my 360 in 3 or 4 times so far, all for basically free thanks to the warranty and extended warranty, courtesy of Gamestop and Microsoft. Microsoft may be the Evil Empire, but they take care of their subordinates.
BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
don't buy a car then bro, stick with your bike.
iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.Jelle87

It makes sense to me, it happened to someone it can happen to you. People like to spend in things that work. Does your toaster have major technical issues, no, so why should your console have major problems? 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="Jelle87"]You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.iMacBot

It makes sense to me, it happened to someone it can happen to you. People like to spend in things that work. Does your toaster have major technical issues, no, so why should your console have major problems?

A console is more or less a computer. It is a highly sophisticated machine. A toaster is a lever and some heated coils. Not exactly apples to apples here. 

XDrThraxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XDrThraxX
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

[QUOTE="Jelle87"]You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.iMacBot

maybe because your toaster doesnt play games in 1080p

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts
Launch 360 owner, very happy.  It has frozen like 3 times, that's it. 
iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iMacBot
[QUOTE="iMacBot"]

[QUOTE="Jelle87"]You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.XDrThraxX

maybe because your toaster doesnt play games in 1080p

PS3 doesn't have issues like that... that was the whole point of my comment. I'd rather buy a console that doesn't overheat or destroy my game disks. 

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
360 owner since day 1, very happy with it. Havent had a problem at all.
XDrThraxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XDrThraxX
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
[QUOTE="XDrThraxX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"]

PS3 doesn't have issues like that... that was the whole point of my comment. I'd rather buy a console that doesn't overheat or destroy my game disks. 

but you would rather have a fridge then a game console that has some problems?

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JeffGenocideX
[QUOTE="XDrThraxX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"]

I got rid of my PS3 last week, cause it ate one of my games.

iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iMacBot
[QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="XDrThraxX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"]

[QUOTE="Jelle87"]You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.JeffGenocideX

Anyone could claim something like that, you should know that Sony replaces your console for that kind of issue... it's in the warranty if you still have it.

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

SpruceCaboose

*sits unnervingly close to the computer screen, breathing heavily. Voice sounds like that of the RE4 merchant*

Go on, I'm intrigued.....

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

Personally, I don't get this issue that comes up time after time.  If you are a gamer and want some of the best gaming experiences out there NOW - you'd put the possibility of your system failing (and, thus, being without your system for 10 whole days) over actually getting to play those games???  I just don't understand the logic. 

I had my launch 360 for exactly 1 year, it died, I sent it in, 10 days later I got my refurbed 360.  Boy, that was terrible!  Oh the humanity!

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JeffGenocideX
[QUOTE="JeffGenocideX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="XDrThraxX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"]

Anyone could claim something like that, you should know that Sony replaces your console for that kind of issue... it's in the warranty if you still have it.

I could have replaced, but i didnt, i took it back to Best-Buy & my money went towards something very more useful in my life.

iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 iMacBot
[QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="JeffGenocideX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="XDrThraxX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"]

[QUOTE="Jelle87"]You don't get one because some people had bad experiences with it? I don't get that.JeffGenocideX

I could have replaced, but i didnt, i took it back to Best-Buy & my money went towards something very more useful in my life.

Fair enough. Just make sure it doesn't render you game disks useless :P.

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JeffGenocideX
[QUOTE="JeffGenocideX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="JeffGenocideX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="XDrThraxX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"]

Fair enough. Just make sure it doesn't render you game disks useless :P.

I dont think a 2007 Cadillac CTS plays games, lol

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CyanX73

I personally avoid the xbox based on the fact that it's a software company that's trying to enter a hardware market. And since it's a software company the way of thinking: " we can always fix it later with a patch" (read: new sku) starts to show.

A bit of a smae really, since the developers are starting to punch out some neat titles on the system, guess I'll pick 'em up on the pc in a few years anyway

raualex

That's not fair at all. MS has done their thing with consoles. They avoided the pitfalls of say Sega and have produced possibly one of the greatest games ever in Halo. And I'm not sleeping on their lineup. I gotta admit, Gears is gorgeous and the lineup of games on 360 is crazy. I know a lot of games are going multi plat but I got a PS3 mainly cuz MGS and FF are my two loves. Halo is right there at number three. So I guess I'll get one eventually, I just can't believe that a company like MS is having this sort of problem AND is making some customers pay to get their systems fixed. 

Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts

Stuff like this . And the fact that they won't give you a new system even though the old one breaking was their fault. These consoles are too expensive to have them breaking on you after only five months of use. Heck my SNES still works and I've had it more than a decade! CyanX73

remember the disc read errors for the ps2 that went on for 4 years? Remember how EVERYONE still bought the ps2?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Your SNES still works because it's less complex and is based on a cartridge system.  The failure rate for systems with cycling parts like DVD/CD drives and hard drives is much higher.  MY NES still works and its over 20 years old.  I strongly doubt that my xbox, ps2, GC, or 360 will last that long.