They should port MGS4 to the 360

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstc_Q
Member since 2007 • 1901 Posts

I was just reading how MGS4 has sold 4 million copies so far.

Considering that MGS1 sold 7 million, I think it can go a little further.

So they should port it over to the 360, I bet they could score another 2 million that way.

While they're at it, they should release an essentials collection for the 360, or make the previous games available for download off of XBLA.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45581 Posts
MGS 4 sold 4.33million in a matter of 4 months. MGS 1 has been out for 10 years already, I'm sure MGS 4 will outsell it.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

So they should port it over to the 360, I bet they could score another 2 million that way.

While they're at it, they should release an essentials collection for the 360, or make the previous games available for download off of XBLA.

mstc_Q

MGS1 released when the playstation had over 50 million people on it already... and sold 7 million after a couple of years. MGS4 sold on the ps3 when there was currently only 15 million users now 17 million and did it in 4 months... Gotta factor that in it but as for the MGS4 on xbox 360. Yes they should do it but they aren't so yeah...

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

They should port Star Ocean: TLH to the PS3, Why? because it would make more money.

Fact is, any exclusive game that was made multiplatform would make more money. Thing is though, exclusives are exclusives thats just the way it is. You could use that logic with any exclsuive game out thier on the market now.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

They should port Star Ocean: TLH to the PS3, Why? because it would make more money.

Fact is, any exclusive game that was made multiplatform would make more money. Thing is though, exclusives are exclusives thats just the way it is. You could use that logic with any exclsuive game out thier on the market now.

hayato_

wasnt it confirmed that it would be multiplat, or at least sometime later?

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

hayato_
MS funded the engine development...
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
Your logic works both ways TC.
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

Hey, heres an idea, how about instead of complaining about MGS4 not comming to the 360, you go out and buy a PS3 to play it on.

For crying out loud, if I wanted a 360 game that bad that I would cry "They should port it" again and again like lemmings always do for MGS4, I would just get the system and the game. I have yet to hear one cow cry about Gears if not at all as the lemmings cry about MGS4.

Also to firstdiscovery, I don't know where you heard about M$ funding the engine for SO4, but I sure would like a link to that. Not to mention the fact that SO4 will probably have more of a chance to come on the PS3 than MGS4 has going to the 360.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hayato_
[QUOTE="hayato_"]

FirstDiscovery

MS funded the engine development...

link?

They funded IU, not the engine. The engine was in development when Star OCean : Till the End of time was close to completed.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
They should if they want to make more money, I bet it'd sell more on the 360 then on the Ps3.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hayato_

They should if they want to make more money, I bet it'd sell more on the 360 then on the Ps3.Englandfc1966

doubt it,

IM not syaing they aren't think about it, but from past examples such as Subsidence (can't remember the name) I don't think it would sell that well. Maybe, but games are alot more expensive to make this gen

It would be risky is all im saying.

Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts

be a lousy port like the Xbox version of MGS2 substance....framerate issues and what not. Unless its done right, but seeing how MGS4 was heavily built around cell...would be hard, possible...obviously.

I wouldn't mind a port, but everyone who loves MGS has probably played MGS4 by now.

artb678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 artb678
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
The PS3 needs more good exclusive games so i don't think they would want to make one of their best exclusives go over to the Xbox 360 which allready has the best exclusives lol.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Man they should really port Gears of War 2 to the PS3...why? Because it will get more sales!
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Espada12

Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?TheGrat1

600k is 36 million dollars......

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

mstc_Q

I agree. Honestly, outside 1st party games, I don't think exclusive games make much business sense at all unless the developers/publishers are being paid to keep a game exclusive.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Espada12
[QUOTE="mstc_Q"]

SpruceCaboose

I agree. Honestly, outside 1st party games, I don't think exclusive games make much business sense at all unless the developers/publishers are being paid to keep a game exclusive.

They make sense if they are going to move console units.

EDIT: Reading and sleepy but yea I agree with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?Espada12

That isn't enough for the time and money they will spend porting it to the 360.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

Espada12

Why would a third party care about moving consoles? They don't see any gain from that at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Hey, heres an idea, how about instead of complaining about MGS4 not comming to the 360, you go out and buy a PS3 to play it on.

For crying out loud, if I wanted a 360 game that bad that I would cry "They should port it" again and again like lemmings always do for MGS4, I would just get the system and the game. I have yet to hear one cow cry about Gears if not at all as the lemmings cry about MGS4.

Also to firstdiscovery, I don't know where you heard about M$ funding the engine for SO4, but I sure would like a link to that. Not to mention the fact that SO4 will probably have more of a chance to come on the PS3 than MGS4 has going to the 360.

Delsage

I'm almost one hundred percent sure this user has a PS3 and Wii, but no 360.

artb678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 artb678
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
This is something that will never happend lol Gears of War will allways be with the 360.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?DeathScape666

It probably would be, especially if they outsourced the porting.

And who knows how well/poor MGS4 would sell on the 360? No one knows. It could sell 2 copies or 2 million.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

SpruceCaboose

Why would a third party care about moving consoles? They don't see any gain from that at all.

People say Kojima and Normura are Sony fanboys.

But you have to wonder... why?

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jynxzor

I think some devs understand if they released all there games for all systems it would stagnate the market pretty quick, gaming can't survive on multiplats and 1st party exclusives alone. I for one would dislike a generation where everything besides 1st party went multiplat, makes buying all the systems a waste of time and money.

I'm already dissapointed with this generation of devs all jumping on the multiplat train, but can you blame them? I hope next generation isn't a massive hardware hike and the focus on keeping dev costs down while keeping quality up. The consol that can make games more profitable for the developers will win, as long as you don't stick too far in the past.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpruceCaboose

People say Kojima and Normura are Sony fanboys.

But you have to wonder... why?

DeathScape666

That would be the utmost in stupidity. Sorry, but if I am in business, its to make money, not to make some other company a ton of money off my labor, unless I am getting a kick-back of some kind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?SpruceCaboose

It probably would be, especially if they outsourced the porting.

And who knows how well/poor MGS4 would sell on the 360? No one knows. It could sell 2 copies or 2 million.

I was just saying with the hypothetical number one of the users gave me.

They could benefit from porting it, but Kojima said he wanted to sell one million on the first day. He sold 1.3 million, and I don't think he wants it on the 360. From what I've heard, it would be really hard to downscale a game that big, because it was built around the PS3.

But Kojima wouldn't have to work on the porting, right?

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SpruceCaboose

I think some devs understand if they released all there games for all systems it would stagnate the market pretty quick, gaming can't survive on multiplats and 1st party exclusives alone. I for one would dislike a generation where everything besides 1st party went multiplat, makes buying all the systems a waste of time and money.

I'm already dissapointed with this generation of devs all jumping on the multiplat train, but can you blame them? I hope next generation isn't a massive hardware hike and the focus on keeping dev costs down while keeping quality up. The consol that can make games more profitable for the developers will win, as long as you don't stick too far in the past.

Jynxzor

Most gamers are not like us here. Most gamers own one system, not three.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpruceCaboose

I was just saying with the hypothetical number one of the users gave me.

They could benefit from porting it, but Kojima said he wanted to sell one million on the first day. He sold 1.3 million, and I don't think he wants it on the 360. From what I've heard, it would be really hard to downscale a game that big, because it was built around the PS3.

But Kojima wouldn't have to work on the porting, right?

DeathScape666

You would think, if Konami was going to port, that they would farm it out and not use a talented game designer and his team to make a simple port.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Espada12
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?DeathScape666

KZ2 is the most expensive game every made and it costs 21 million...

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Espada12
[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

SpruceCaboose

Check my edit lol I was so sleepy reading that.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jynxzor
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

SpruceCaboose

Most gamers are not like us here. Most gamers own one system, not three.

So why would the competition want to give them any more reason not to buy a second or third machine? it just wont happen.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

Espada12

Check my edit lol I was so sleepy reading that.

The EDIT was not in there when I clicked reply. Weird GlitchSpot. Oh well. No harm, no foul.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpruceCaboose

So why would the competition want to give them any more reason not to buy a second or third machine? it just wont happen.

Jynxzor

Again, 3rd parties do not care if they buy one system or 3. They care about selling them games. More games on more systems through multiplats means more sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Why would they want t go through the headache of re-writing the game just to sell a measley 600K?Espada12

Would it be worth the time? I don't know long it takes to port MGS4, but I've heard it isn't worth it. That's just I've heard.

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
They should port Halo 3, Gears of War 1 &2, Fable II to the PS3, but they won't. LEAVE MGS4 ALONE!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpruceCaboose

They should port Halo 3, Gears of War 1 &2, Fable II to the PS3, but they won't. LEAVE MGS4 ALONE!metalgear-solid

But those had financial and contractual obligations, whereas MGS4 does not.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Who wants to play Movie Gear Solid4? (sarcasm)
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

they can't because of the ps3 cell system and the blu ray its like 30gigs on the disc that would equal to proby 5 dvds for the 360. don't say they can compress it because games can't be compressed :P

it would be good but probily not since it the ps3 exclusive.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
I hope this is a joke. Because if not then thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You damn lemmings all ready got several of our exclusives and what did we get?
beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 beenieman40k
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts
lemmings will have to make do with their one AAA exclusive this year
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
It would be a much better idea for Kojima Productions and Konami to get to work on an exclusive game for the 360.
Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lebron181
Member since 2008 • 837 Posts

How many times does Kojima have to say it again.

360 can't handle MGSIV. There would be major compressing and thats not good for the quality.

Star Ocean should have been on the PS3 since most PS2 users bought PS3.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fistoflight
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Exactly, because if they spend the year making a new game instead of porting that new game could sell way more than the port and thus make more money. Plus making MGS4 cost a lot more money than making a new game because they put more hours into it to perfect MGS4.

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
I have played through it twice on my PS3, but I still wish it would get a 360 port. I love achievements, and maybe I would enjoy the online a lot more.
bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bkslayer
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
[QUOTE="deathscape666"][QUOTE="espada12"]

espada12

Kid, youare spewing alot of nonsense.

1. 600k is NOT 36 million dollars for the publisher. Out of the $60 charged, pubs take home $20-25. Thats it. Its a fact, check it out.

2. Killzone 2 is expensive, but not the most expensive. Not even top 5 kid. Title goes to GTA4, $100million US cost. KZ2, $21 million, in New Zealand dollars, and that was 1 year ago. Production ramped up, and most money is spent NOW at the final phases. Be sure its around 60million US dollars, if not much more.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
The reason that this is most unlikely to happen is because Kojima no longer want to work on MGS4 due to wanting to work on new projects. Also since MGS4 is his creation that he work so hard on, he will not allow the porting to be done by any other team but his own and please don't say Konami can do what ever they want with MGS4 because no of us know what type of contract he has over there. He is a big figure over at the Konami offices and I doubt that he do not have nice amount of control over his games.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fistoflight
[QUOTE="espada12"][QUOTE="deathscape666"][QUOTE="espada12"]

bkslayer

Kid, youare spewing alot of nonsense.

1. 600k is NOT 36 million dollars for the publisher. Out of the $60 charged, pubs take home $20-25. Thats it. Its a fact, check it out.

2. Killzone 2 is expensive, but not the most expensive. Not even top 5 kid. Title goes to GTA4, $100million US cost. KZ2, $21 million, in New Zealand dollars, and that was 1 year ago. Production ramped up, and most money is spent NOW at the final phases. Be sure its around 60million US dollars, if not much more.

Halo 3 was around 80 million, and MGS4 was around 75