they only bash PS3 casue they are worried!

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flood
Member since 2002 • 1470 Posts

well i knew since gamer day was suh a sucess and sony finally got some good inkl.....it was only a matter of time before the fanboys could find something to strike with

if the PS3 sucked so hard they wouldnt be working overtime into the nght and day trying to bash the thing.

think of it this way...whats the new biggest feather in their cap? ign says (theres some credability:roll:) that theres jaggies in the PS3 version  of pirates of the carribean. well lets not ignore that the fanboys have a lame pirates movie franchise game, and third generation splinter cell game to hold as their systems definitive titles to show its power.

lets also not forget that i just got done playing forza2 demo......and its rife with jaggies. i just got done playing oblivion on my 360 and decided to play it on my PS3 instead....why? too much slowdown, and wayyyy to many freezeups. and is spiderman better on the PS3? who cares both versions and the wii version sucked equally because that game was a piece of commercial crap. and can i get my 360 to last longer than 5 months before i get the dreaded red circle! hopefully this time!

i could sit here and name 12 games on the 360 that ive personally played, that had copious amounts of slowdown,jaggies,blurry textures,outright bugs and a wealth of other issues that a next gen system really shouldnt have. and these games arent even multiplat....so theres no excuse.

the greater point? shut up and play games. shut up and talk about games. shut up and quit trying to continually bash other peoples choices.

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
again- "System Wars"
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
or maybe they bash it because so far it isnt living up to expectations. I bash bad games. Its not because I'm worried about them, I'm not worried that Big Rigs is gonna take over us all. I bash it because its bad
flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flood

again- "System Wars"Shazenab

hey someone has to be a voice of reason...even in SW

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
They bash it because its System Wars, not because they are worried
flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flood

or maybe they bash it because so far it isnt living up to expectations. I bash bad games. Its not because I'm worried about them, I'm not worried that Big Rigs is gonna take over us all. I bash it because its badhazbazz

really? have you been to system wars or the PS3 forum lately? you should prollyhang there for a day or two and see what it looks like. everyone knows that the PS3 is taking historic amounts of undue critiscisms lately.....

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
So Im worried  about the PS3 because the 360 actually has games????  :shock:
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts

I bash it because Sony keeps painting big targets on itself.  You know, exploding batteries, installing viruses on your computer, the PSP fansite, and of course the infamous crab battle based on Japanese history.

MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Seriously, bashing the PS3 is about as hard as hitting the broadside of 3 barns lined up... with a tactical nuke.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

[QUOTE="hazbazz"]or maybe they bash it because so far it isnt living up to expectations. I bash bad games. Its not because I'm worried about them, I'm not worried that Big Rigs is gonna take over us all. I bash it because its badflood

really? have you been to system wars or the PS3 forum lately? you should prollyhang there for a day or two and see what it looks like. everyone knows that the PS3 is taking historic amounts of undue critiscisms lately.....

maybe its because Sony hyped it as the second coming, and make rediculous claims about it (teh 4D), and then it isnt living up to those expectations 

Krudus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krudus
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
well when it comes to bashing competitors, cows are by far the worst.both SW cows and sony reps. phil and the other sony execs come with riddiculus claims and downright lies about the competitors, something neither MS or ninty does. Cows on this board are the most agressive breed. they are few, but create more threads per person than anybody else. and they all consist of mindless bashing and non-sense arguments. i guess all of them must be really worried then.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

I bash it because Sony keeps painting big targets on itself.  You know, exploding batteries, installing viruses on your computer, the PSP fansite, and of course the infamous crab battle based on Japanese history.

MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Seriously, bashing the PS3 is about as hard as hitting the broadside of 3 barns lined up... with a tactical nuke.

RahnAetas

Lol its funny. You really dont have to bash Sony, they do it themselves.  :lol:

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]

MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Magical_Zebra

Lol its funny. You really dont have to bash Sony, they do it themselves.  :lol:

Yeah... I just realized I was bashing Sony and the PS3 right there... whoops?

chronoblazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chronoblazer
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

well i knew since gamer day was suh a sucess and sony finally got some good inkl.....it was only a matter of time before the fanboys could find something to strike with

if the PS3 sucked so hard they wouldnt be working overtime into the nght and day trying to bash the thing.

think of it this way...whats the new biggest feather in their cap? ign says (theres some credability:roll:) that theres jaggies in the PS3 version  of pirates of the carribean. well lets not ignore that the fanboys have a lame pirates movie franchise game, and third generation splinter cell game to hold as their systems definitive titles to show its power.

lets also not forget that i just got done playing forza2 demo......and its rife with jaggies. i just got done playing oblivion on my 360 and decided to play it on my PS3 instead....why? too much slowdown, and wayyyy to many freezeups. and is spiderman better on the PS3? who cares both versions and the wii version sucked equally because that game was a piece of commercial crap. and can i get my 360 to last longer than 5 months before i get the dreaded red circle! hopefully this time!

i could sit here and name 12 games on the 360 that ive personally played, that had copious amounts of slowdown,jaggies,blurry textures,outright bugs and a wealth of other issues that a next gen system really shouldnt have. and these games arent even multiplat....so theres no excuse.

the greater point? shut up and play games. shut up and talk about games. shut up and quit trying to continually bash other peoples choices.

flood

No. No. Pretty sure it just blows.

Why do you protect it so much? Is it because your worried you invest at least a thousand dollars in a failed console that may not make it to 2008?

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts

DEF-CON MODE - RED ALERT.

PEACE TREATY LOCK-ON.

*EXPLODES*

i came as soon as i heard! 

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="RahnAetas"]

I bash it because Sony keeps painting big targets on itself. You know, exploding batteries, installing viruses on your computer, the PSP fansite, and of course the infamous crab battle based on Japanese history.

MASSIVE DAMAGE!

RahnAetas

Lol its funny. You really dont have to bash Sony, they do it themselves. :lol:

Yeah... I just realized I was bashing Sony and the PS3 right there... whoops?

LOLZ. Metaphorical comments FTL :lol:
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
says the guy who has cash to waste on a GS plus account mmmmmhmmmmmmmmm.  nice dp though, GTA RULEZZZZ.
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Neal_Gore
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Who worries over video games? It's the people that bought the Ps3 that should be worried cause it's not selling well and losing exclusives.
Broken56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Broken56
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts

It's not because they're worried. It's because, as others before me have said, it has not lived up to our expectations.

Plus, why in the world would anyone want to buy a $599 system when it only has a few games that aren't really very good for it in the first place? That's like buying a $50,000 car that looks absolutely amazing, but only tops off at 60 mph.

Why not get a system that's fun to play (Wii) or get one that has already amassed a decent library of games (Xbox 360)?

Sure, the PS3 will be coming out with some big-name titles (MGS 4, FF XIII), but will this be enough to satisfy the gaming market?

Sequels just won't cut it. 

Sure, the potential is there, but if Sony doesn't get more 3rd party support and realize that $599 isn't a very good deal, then it's doomed to fail. 

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
for the good of gaming in General the last thing we need is for one company to win the console wars 3 times in a row with the 2nd & 3rd consoles largely being launched behind huge smoke & mirror campaigns... Sony shouldnt be allowed to get away with their tactics which is why I believe they do not deserve to win the console wars. if bashing the PS3 reveals the negative side of the Ps3 to the wider public & helps counteract Sony's economical with the truth marketing campaigns then so be it.
Cadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cadis
Member since 2005 • 275 Posts

ChronoBlazer hit it dead on the head. Other people are not worried about the PS3 it is the owners themselves who are worried. Plus it is hard to defend any console that has only been out not even a year yet. The problem with Sony is that they are losing exclusives titles that would have futher them as a gaming comapny. Now that those are lost it is going to have to dig up something new. Another problem they face is trying to stay in the console market for ten years which will problem end up back firing on them. One being Nintendo could drop out in five years and upgrade to a decent level of 720 type of graphics and keep the Wii controls and make Online more friendly.  This Idea also applies to XBOX which they could do at anytime considering they just made the Elite.

Plus Sony does not have anything that seperates them from a XBOX 360 in general. Yea sony might have put Motion sensor on the controller. But it does not have any major use and if it does, I do not see it that is my opinion. Turning a controller side to side and up and down, when its main function is buttons seems a little out of place.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I bash the PS3 because i own one.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Videodogg

Yeah... we spent $600, and that buys us the right to complain with authority!

But I ususally only complain about the PS3 when a Sony fanboy takes ridiculous pot shots at the other consoles (usually the 360.)  Bashing them right back somehow restores balance to the force.

flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 flood

ChronoBlazer hit it dead on the head. Other people are not worried about the PS3 it is the owners themselves who are worried.
well the only thing i will say to counter your point is the fact that its not like PS3 owners can just avoid system wars. any attepmt to have conversation about the PS3 isnide its own forum is contantly derailed by fanboys taking every chance they can...constantly harping on the same talking points thread after thread until nauseam ensues. how many threads do we need complaining of "sonys arrogance"? i mean really. if 360 owners were so satisfied with their purchase, then why are they so adamant on the failure of the PS3? why would it even matter to them? in my life ive noticed that people who have time to rag on stuff they dont have, are usually unhappy with the things they do have.

Plus it is hard to defend any console that has only been out not even a year yet. yah lets not forget all the gamers who proclaimed the death of the 360 in year one becasue of no games. it was stupid to predict that the 360 would die in year one, it was stupid to call it xbox1.5. its stupid to think that year one is any determination for the value of a system...so doing that with the PS3 now is just stupid The problem with Sony is that they are losing exclusives titles that would have futher them as a gaming comapny. Now that those are lost it is going to have to dig up something new. Another problem they face is trying to stay in the console market for ten years which will problem end up back firing on them.backfire??? like the PS2 has backfired? staying in the market for ten years can only help them financially and add goodwill to their brand One being Nintendo could drop out in five years and upgrade to a decent level of 720 type of graphics and keep the Wii controls and make Online more friendly.  This Idea also applies to XBOX which they could do at anytime considering they just made the Elite. ahhh great reasoning.....sony sucks becasue their console is way to expensive! buuut the elite may just be great idea. come on man your logic is all over the board. sony sucks for having console that cracks the 400$ dollar mark...but microsoft does it and it may just be a good plan? 

Plus Sony does not have anything that seperates them from a XBOX 360 in general. Yea sony might have put Motion sensor on the controller. But it does not have any major use and if it does, I do not see it that is my opinion. Turning a controller side to side and up and down, when its main function is buttons seems a little out of place. i can honestly say right now there are huge differences. for starters....i love my 360, but it feels like a PC on my tv, and thats fine......but my PS3 feels like a console. they have alot more plans for their camera than the 360 camp. eye of destruction looks sweet. there are many differences between the two.....you just have to be willing to see them.

Cadis
flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 flood
[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

donalbane

But I ususally only complain about the PS3 when a Sony fanboy takes ridiculous pot shots at the other consoles (usually the 360.)  Bashing them right back somehow restores balance to the force.

i agree....but theres a line between griping and complaing.....and purposely deriding to devalue others fun and enjoyment.

if you own a PS3 and wanna complain about the games drought....that perfectly understandable.

but if your idea of a post is " HAH this port on the PS3 has jaggies blah blah the PS3 will fail for shurz this gen is lost for sony HAHAHAH eat it sheep"

well thats just ridiculous.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CwlHeddwyn

I think my X360 is Great (just like i did with my original Xbox) but it doesnt stop me from bashing the PS3 - i just dont think Sony deserves to win the console wars therefore i bash them & the PS3.

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
honestly....i dont think that any company is afraid of the PS3 anymore :lol: it just failed
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

flood

i agree....but theres a line between griping and complaing.....and purposely deriding to devalue others fun and enjoyment.

if you own a PS3 and wanna complain about the games drought....that perfectly understandable.

but if your idea of a post is " HAH this port on the PS3 has jaggies blah blah the PS3 will fail for shurz this gen is lost for sony HAHAHAH eat it sheep"

well thats just ridiculous.

Word, son!
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CwlHeddwyn
PS3 isnt dead yet- remember the PLAYSTATION brand is HUGE- my theory is that there are millions of PS2 owners out there waiting for the inevitable PS3 price-drop- then & only then will we start to see which way the console war is going...
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

They bash PS3 because it's too high of cost for a gaming system, has no games, and is currently in last place.

Two of those things can be fixed from SOE.......the last one depends on how good the first two end up being.  Big price drop with multiple AAA titles during the 4th qtr, I'm postivie they will not stay in last place for very long.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 donalbane
PS3 isnt dead yet- remember the PLAYSTATION brand is HUGE- my theory is that there are millions of PS2 owners out there waiting for the inevitable PS3 price-drop- then & only then will we start to see which way the console war is going...CwlHeddwyn
Wouldn't it be interesting if it was a 3 way tie?  What would happen to System Wars? 
flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 flood

[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"]PS3 isnt dead yet- remember the PLAYSTATION brand is HUGE- my theory is that there are millions of PS2 owners out there waiting for the inevitable PS3 price-drop- then & only then will we start to see which way the console war is going...donalbane
Wouldn't it be interesting if it was a 3 way tie?  What would happen to System Wars? 

i assume it will be a 3 way tie. about 30-33% per console. i know Wii type titles wont be on the other two consoles, and im sure your never gonna see odin sphere type games on the 360, and we wont see the day the PS3 has 360 type games. i disagree with forumers who claim there is no difference between consoles. each one has an identity. its just right now the PS2 crowd are too happy wiht their PS2 and will wait for the PS3. they will come to the fold eventually. mean while they continue to make the PS2 like the second best selling console each month behind the wii, which just puts cash in sonys pockets.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts
You see what happens when you tell it like it is?  You get a thread full of ignorant, used 100 times before, cliche, PS3 bashing ststaments that hold no water.  No one actually counters anything you've said.  they just bust in the door with; "Well, at least 360 has games."  Wha, wha, what?!?!?  Gears and what.................?
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

flood
Please stop your whining and sell your 360, nobody wants to read your hate crap!
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xX0LDSCH00LXx

You see what happens when you tell it like it is?  You get a thread full of ignorant, used 100 times before, cliche, PS3 bashing ststaments that hold no water.  No one actually counters anything you've said.  they just bust in the door with; "Well, at least 360 has games."  Wha, wha, what?!?!?  Gears and what.................?dubvisions

"Well, at least 360 has games." Well that is the truth!

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
Is it within anyone's abilities to actually like both systems?
Cadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cadis
[QUOTE="Cadis"]

The problem with Sony is that they are losing exclusives titles that would have futher them as a gaming comapny. Now that those are lost it is going to have to dig up something new. Another problem they face is trying to stay in the console market for ten years which will problem end up back firing on them.backfire??? like the PS2 has backfired? staying in the market for ten years can only help them financially and add goodwill to their brand One being Nintendo could drop out in five years and upgrade to a decent level of 720 type of graphics and keep the Wii controls and make Online more friendly.  This Idea also applies to XBOX which they could do at anytime considering they just made the Elite. ahhh great reasoning.....sony sucks becasue their console is way to expensive! buuut the elite may just be great idea. come on man your logic is all over the board. sony sucks for having console that cracks the 400$ dollar mark...but microsoft does it and it may just be a good plan? 

flood

The reason it might backfire on them is because they don't have any gain right now. Which later can be a smart move for Nintendo and XBOX.  Why are you going to stick with a console that is trying to stay in the business for ten years? When it has no gain and no selling point to make people want it. Plus the Xbox offers the same thing and has a bigger user base.  When i metioned the elite i was meaning that Xbox can drop a new console at anytime and i hardly said it was a great Idea or plan. Stop putting words in my mouth. Nor did i state the price as being expensive either. But making the elite and making an 80gb ps3 is dumb all the way around. They should have stuck with the 20gb and called it a day and nailed down some more titles.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]You see what happens when you tell it like it is?  You get a thread full of ignorant, used 100 times before, cliche, PS3 bashing ststaments that hold no water.  No one actually counters anything you've said.  they just bust in the door with; "Well, at least 360 has games."  Wha, wha, what?!?!?  Gears and what.................?xX0LDSCH00LXx

Argued like a true lem.  "It is cause it is."

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xX0LDSCH00LXx
I'm on my third 360 doesn't make me want to go out and buy a PS3 or hate on MS! these things happen! It happened with last gen and the PS2,why don't I just buy a PS3? cause it has no games! decent services and on line, which relies on whether or not Dev's are willing to support it cause unlike MS Sony doesn't have their own servers.
Cadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cadis
[QUOTE="xX0LDSCH00LXx"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]You see what happens when you tell it like it is?  You get a thread full of ignorant, used 100 times before, cliche, PS3 bashing ststaments that hold no water.  No one actually counters anything you've said.  they just bust in the door with; "Well, at least 360 has games."  Wha, wha, what?!?!?  Gears and what.................?dubvisions

O i am sure the first 7-8 months XBOX 360 was pouring out those AAA titles.. PFFT get off BILLY's JOHNSON

DGZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DGZeus
Member since 2002 • 2796 Posts

[QUOTE="hazbazz"]or maybe they bash it because so far it isnt living up to expectations. I bash bad games. Its not because I'm worried about them, I'm not worried that Big Rigs is gonna take over us all. I bash it because its badflood

My my my how times have changed, did you know that SW was created by an Xbox forum mod (Alex Watchtower if you must know, yes I've been here that long) to keep the PS2 fanboy from flooding the Xbox forum.  The Xbox fans use to say the same crap quite amusing now actually.
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xX0LDSCH00LXx
[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="xX0LDSCH00LXx"]

[QUOTE="dubvisions"]You see what happens when you tell it like it is?  You get a thread full of ignorant, used 100 times before, cliche, PS3 bashing ststaments that hold no water.  No one actually counters anything you've said.  they just bust in the door with; "Well, at least 360 has games."  Wha, wha, what?!?!?  Gears and what.................?Cadis

O i am sure the first 7-8 months XBOX 360 was pouring out those AAA titles.. PFFT get off BILLY's JOHNSON

PDZ AAA 9.0 G.R.A.W AAA 9.2
Cadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cadis
I hardly consider two titles pouring. That is more like a drip. If two titile is all it took then the whole PS3 and Wii games would be all the rage.
flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 flood
[QUOTE="flood"][QUOTE="Cadis"]

The problem with Sony is that they are losing exclusives titles that would have futher them as a gaming comapny. Now that those are lost it is going to have to dig up something new. Another problem they face is trying to stay in the console market for ten years which will problem end up back firing on them.backfire??? like the PS2 has backfired? staying in the market for ten years can only help them financially and add goodwill to their brand One being Nintendo could drop out in five years and upgrade to a decent level of 720 type of graphics and keep the Wii controls and make Online more friendly.  This Idea also applies to XBOX which they could do at anytime considering they just made the Elite. ahhh great reasoning.....sony sucks becasue their console is way to expensive! buuut the elite may just be great idea. come on man your logic is all over the board. sony sucks for having console that cracks the 400$ dollar mark...but microsoft does it and it may just be a good plan? 

Cadis

The reason it might backfire on them is because they don't have any gain right now. Which later can be a smart move for Nintendo and XBOX.  Why are you going to stick with a console that is trying to stay in the business for ten years? When it has no gain and no selling point to make people want it. Plus the Xbox offers the same thing and has a bigger user base.  When i metioned the elite i was meaning that Xbox can drop a new console at anytime and i hardly said it was a great Idea or plan. Stop putting words in my mouth. Nor did i state the price as being expensive either. But making the elite and making an 80gb ps3 is dumb all the way around. They should have stuck with the 20gb and called it a day and nailed down some more titles.

are you serious? why? for the same reason everyone else does......i want my console to churn out games far into its life...not just the first three and a half to four years

flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 flood

I'm on my third 360 doesn't make me want to go out and buy a PS3 or hate on MS! these things happen! It happened with last gen and the PS2,why don't I just buy a PS3? cause it has no games! decent services and on line, which relies on whether or not Dev's are willing to support it cause unlike MS Sony doesn't have their own servers.xX0LDSCH00LXx

hey man seriously.....xbox live is great in theory, but far underwhelming and unpredictable in execution. i love my 360 but i cannot stand xbox live anymore

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xX0LDSCH00LXx

I hardly consider two titles pouring. That is more like a drip. If two titile is all it took then the whole PS3 and Wii games would be all the rage. Cadis

I figured that would be your reply..does the PS3 have that or the WII for that matter?

Cadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cadis
[QUOTE="Cadis"][QUOTE="flood"][QUOTE="Cadis"]

flood

are you serious? why? for the same reason everyone else does......i want my console to churn out games far into its life...not just the first three and a half to four years

Considering how fast technology changes within ten years you might want to rethink that?  Besides your beloved PS3 you talk about has Blu-ray. What happens if it does not become the standard in DVDs and something else comes out. You are stuck with DVD player that is no longer in use. Same applies for XBOX as well.  UMDS ring a bell for that PSP i am sure you have.  Yea playing games is nice and all but having something you can't use just plain sucks...

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

Shut up and play the games, eh? $600 - that's the biggest betrayal in gaming history - anyone who defends Sony for this is a clueless simian. When the PS1 came out, Sony dominated the market by offering a powerful console for only $299, rife with inexpensive $50 or less games. The Saturn was too expensive, releasing early, and destroying its credibility with retailers. The Nintendo 64 had expensive cartridges - developers weren't willing to risk making niche games, as the expense of producing cartridges (which could fail to sell, and would then have to be swapped for their newest game, or refunded, to the stores) was too high.

The PS1 exploded, it developed a massive library of games, and a strong worldwide following. Then Sony announced the PS2 - $299, better graphics than the PS1, a built in DVD player (not really a selling point by the time most of us got one), and even better, more games. The PS2 was again took the market - fairly priced system matched with tons of games - though early on it got a rattling from the Gamecube (at least for a bit ), a one year lead, and being the Playstation, followed by a huge library, made it the best selling system ever.

Flash foward, the PS3, all Sony had to do - and this is really simple - release another $300 system with improvements to the graphics - maybe make it $350 and have a hard drive standard, build the online we've seen with PSN, and that was it. None of this "blu-ray" and "teh cell" crap - none of this "let's release a $600 console".

The PS1 and PS2 were popular because they were affordable, sold well, and then had a huge library of games. Instead of following that winning formula, Sony chose to release a $600, which hasn't sold well, and now has the smallest library of games.

Y'know why people bash the PS3? It's not because they're *afraid* of it - it's because they're frustrated at how badly Sony screwed up their golden goose. The Playstation was ours, okay? It was the everyman system, casuals liked it because it was cheap, hardcore gamers liked it because it had awesome games, niche gamers liked it because Japanese developers were doing stuff like Disgaea, Odin Sphere, et cetera...

Now? There's no more Playstation man... where are those games going to go? For the niche / anime/ japan gamer, those games are going to the Wii, where they're *much* less likely to make a translation over to the US (given the Wii audience). A lot of the US / UK small developer games are going to the 360 - Silicon Knights, playing nice with Microsoft. The hardcore games are going to the 360... a lot of the casual games development is now over on the Wii.

Still, it sucks - for two generations there was a ubiquitious platform where you could get all the JRPGs, niche games, hardcore games, and casual games you wanted, and now that doesn't really exist. Many of those games aren't even jumping over - they're simply going to be gone forever, as the Wii audience demands something different.. bah... Sony ... how could you mess up so badly?

Cadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cadis

[QUOTE="Cadis"]I hardly consider two titles pouring. That is more like a drip. If two titile is all it took then the whole PS3 and Wii games would be all the rage. xX0LDSCH00LXx

I figured that would be your reply..does the PS3 have that or the WII for that matter?

That was the whole point of the statement!! That no console has hit titles comming out of the box hit after hit.

Â