These Bad PS3 ports need to end!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Maddog-
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

What is it with Ubi and there horrible ports? Why arn't they willing enough to put in the extra effort to get better results? We all know the PS3 is capable of doing better. Oblivion for PS3 is the better version so is fight night..etc etc Why can't ubi do the same? Talk about lazy. They seem to just care about the 360 and favour it more.

Thoughts? 

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
hmm i read from gamespot and IGN, that R6 is pretty well done on the ps3. im not sure if you read the articles from them y et.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
Well let's face it sales wise the PS3 has flopped, almost just as bad as the original Xbox.
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts

What is it with Ubi and there horrible ports? Why arn't they willing enough to put in the extra effort to get better results? We all know the PS3 is capable of doing better. Oblivion for PS3 is the better version so is fight night..etc etc Why can't ubi do the same? Talk about lazy. They seem to just care about the 360 and favour it more.

Thoughts?

-Maddog-

360 is easier to develop for, and i guess ubi just doesn't want to take the time to learn how to develop for the ps3. Its really shows a lot on their part that they dont want to advance in their skills as a developer.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Maybe it really is just a more difficult architecture to work with. I don't think it has anything to do with Ubisoft being lazy. They are one of the largest and most respected development companies in gaming. However I'm sure there's a tolerance level to how much extra money and resources they are willing to dump into making a port if the architecture is difficult to work with. They have to also weigh whether that extra effort is worth it as sales will be limited by the install base.
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UpSwing
Member since 2004 • 3384 Posts

Thoughts?

-Maddog-

That's just it though. Those two games you mentioned recieved damn near an EXTRA YEAR f Dev time to get results on par with the 360 version.

When the PS3 version recieves the SAME ammount of time as the 360 version, the PS3 version is almost always inferior. Heck, FNR3 STARTED OUT as a Ps3 exclusive.

Why should developers bother putting in ALL THAT EXTRA time to get the SAME results.... especially for a console with a tiny userbase and pathetic weekly and monthly sales?

I don't blame the developers.....I blame Sony.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

Thoughts? 

-Maddog-

I think you're believing the BS posts by lems today.  So far, 360 hasn;t done much better on these multiplats.

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
you guys didn't think that maybe those bad ports is because the PS3 is such a pain in the ass to dev for ?
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
[QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

Thoughts? 

dubvisions

I think you're believing the BS posts by lems today.  So far, 360 hasn;t done much better on these multiplats.

Explain.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
Well looks like that streak is over.  Rainbow Six Vegas runs great on PS3, even has new additions.  Good to know Ubis has learned its lesson
-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Maddog-
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

Well i didn't read GS take on it...i guess that comparison vid is a bad example...since Even GS think that the PS3 version looks indentical to the 360's..

Quote:

From what we saw of the opening levels, the PS3 version of Vegas is pretty much identical to the Xbox 360 version, not just in gameplay but in visuals as well. Then again, Ubisoft wisely has decided not to fix what was clearly not broken. The modified Unreal Engine 3 graphics engine that powers the game looks unchanged, though the frame rate does seem to struggle a bit more during some of the more intensive scenes. On the plus side, the PS3 version seems to have a bit more physics interactions built into it, as we saw more objects react to explosions and gunfire.From what we saw of the opening levels, the PS3 version of Vegas is pretty much identical to the Xbox 360 version, not just in gameplay but in visuals as well. Then again, Ubisoft wisely has decided not to fix what was clearly not broken. The modified Unreal Engine 3 graphics engine that powers the game looks unchanged, though the frame rate does seem to struggle a bit more during some of the more intensive scenes. On the plus side, the PS3 version seems to have a bit more physics interactions built into it, as we saw more objects react to explosions and gunfire.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

Thoughts? 

-Maddog-
Both those games Fight Night and Oblivion are better then 360 in some ways but worse in others. Also both those games had either a year or almost a year extra. Fight Night has a little better characters but the rest was not as good. Such as the crowd looked like cardboard cut outs. Oblivion had better textures on 360. All in all I think one of the main things is 360 has a better GPU and more ram.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Ubisoft has always made bad ports.  It's not exclusive to the PS3.  It's because they make one version of the game, the main version (Xbox or 360 usually) and then rush out a sloppy port to cash in on other consoles.   I would even say it's not just Ubisoft who does this, but they release lots of games so they are more noticeable.

It isn't going to end.  It cheaper for a company to rush a poorly made port to the PS3 than to develop for the PS3 from the ground up.

downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
PS3s 256 Megs of ram wont allow that. oblivion didnt work that great on ps3. PS3 is supposed to have a longer draw distance but the grass cuts off like 30 feet away at times. Besides, for oblivion to look that good they had to dump a 6 gig install in the HDD.