There is a reason third parties make exclusives for PS3 and not for 360

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts

And that's because the PS3 has more power than the 360, and thus, more tools to afford a developer. There is a reason that even in today's date of multiplatform development, a third party will make exclusive games for the PS3, but not the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 simply isn't as powerful, it's just a more limited console.

This is proven by the fact that even multiplatform games like Assassin's Creed Revelartions and Battlefield 3 have more content and better versions on PS3.

The power of the Cell and Blu Ray combine to give us the most powerful and most flexible console ever. This means we get the most and the best games ever.

Go Playstation :cool:

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

You really have nothing better to do? Two sh!tty threads about your great Playstation in like 10 minutes? Don't you have games to be playing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Stop posting.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
Where's a spiderman pic when you need one. :|
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Could you name them, please? I can think of MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and lots of random Japanese RPGs/fighters that may or may not get localised. Is that it, or is there need Playstation Domination Education Continuation? :D
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Their the same in terms of graphics.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crippled_ram
Could you name them, please? I can think of MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and lots of random Japanese RPGs/fighters that may or may not get localised. Is that it, or is there need Playstation Domination Education Continuation? :Dlocopatho
There are: Ni No Kuni Metal Gear Solid 4 Valkyria Chronicles Final Fantasy Versus XIII Agent
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Stop posting.charizard1605
I support this post
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crippled_ram

super600

Lol no. No they are not. Not even close. But you don't own a PS3, so what do you know.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts
Last place Guardian03. Yawn.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Could you name them, please? I can think of MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and lots of random Japanese RPGs/fighters that may or may not get localised. Is that it, or is there need Playstation Domination Education Continuation? :Dcrippled_ram
There are: Ni No Kuni Metal Gear Solid 4 Valkyria Chronicles Final Fantasy Versus XIII Agent

So two games, that I already knew about. 360 has more then that :P
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

They're practically equal in terms of power, as has been suggested by three developers who've worked with both consoles.

Whereas one is the chief architect of the CPUs in both consoles - Dave Shippy.

And the two others are John Carmack of iD Software and Dennis Dyack of Silicon Knights. I kind of have faith in them in this question, with good reason (a primary one being that they are all independent)...

They established this years ago, yet cows are still raving on about how PS3 is far more powerful. Got to give credit to Sony for one thing (apart from the PS3 - a fantastic gaming console), and that is brainwashing.

I mean, when the lead designer behind the Cell/Xenon tells the world that the consoles are fairly equal in terms of power; and cows call him a liar or refuse to listen to his reasoning..you just KNOW that Sony did something right :lol:

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

And that's because the PS3 has more power than the 360, and thus, more tools to afford a developer. crippled_ram

so I guess that's why the SNES had more exclusives then the Neo-Geo

and why the PS2 had more exclusives then the xbox

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Could you name them, please? I can think of MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and lots of random Japanese RPGs/fighters that may or may not get localised. Is that it, or is there need Playstation Domination Education Continuation? :Dlocopatho

There are more, and you know it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] There are: Ni No Kuni Metal Gear Solid 4 Valkyria Chronicles Final Fantasy Versus XIII Agentcrippled_ram

There are more, and you know it.

Nope. You should know this, before you make such a thread :D
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

They're practically equal in terms of power, as has been suggested by three developers who've worked with both consoles.

Whereas one is the chief architecht of the CPUs in both consoles - Dave Shippy.

And the two others are John Carmack of iD Software and Dennis Dyack of Silicon Knights. I kind of have faith in them in this question, with good reason...

They established this years ago, yet cows are still raving on about how PS3 is far more powerful. Got to give credit to Sony for one thing (apart from the PS3 - a fantastic gaming console), and that is brainwashing.

I mean, when the lead designer behind the Cell/Xenon tells the world that the consoles are fairly equal in terms of power; and cows call him a liar..you just KNOW that Sony did something right :lol:

ToScA-

This.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

And that's because the PS3 has more power than the 360, and thus, more tools to afford a developer. rilpas

Well, PS2 was about equally as powerful as the Xbox in the real world. The Xbox's power advantage was all theoretical, it didn't amount to anything.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

I like how none of this is proven :lol:

Be quiet TC.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ToScA-

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

And that's because the PS3 has more power than the 360, and thus, more tools to afford a developer. crippled_ram

Well, PS2 was about equally as powerful as the Xbox in the real world. The Xbox's power advantage was all theoretical, it didn't amount to anything.

Popcorn.gif

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Could you name them, please? I can think of MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and lots of random Japanese RPGs/fighters that may or may not get localised. Is that it, or is there need Playstation Domination Education Continuation? :Dcrippled_ram

When you have to pad out a list with games that are unreleased, nevermind games that have been and are still going through development hell, your point never had a chance to begin with.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

I think I'm going to sue you for brain damage.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

There is really not much difference between the PS3 and 360 in terms of power. They both do pretty much the same thing, and it all comes down to who is making the games. PS3 is better at garnering exclusives, however, because Sony is much better at handling third party relations. Microsoft doesn't care about exclusives as long as the newest version of Call of Duty sells the most on their system, which is why they have sunk so much money into getting DLC a month early instead of getting exclusive games, or even exclusive content. They also have been focusing on non-gaming features like watching sports on the Xbox 360, because these extra features require an Xbox Live Gold account that you have to pay for (even for the services that do not cost an additional fee to use on PS3, like Netflix).

MS's current strategy will make for a poor legacy for the system, but it is making them lots of money, and given how much money they lost on the original Xbox just to get their foot in the door, I imagine that money is a lot more important to them right now than looking good. If the 360 was all about showing off their corporate might and they didn't care how much money they lost (as was the case with the original Xbox), they wouldn't have closed most of their first party studios for not being profitable enough. Methinks Bill Gates decided it was time for the Xbox division to either sink or swim, and that unfortunately meant that they had to stop spending money on cool stuff like exclusives and put it towards things that would be more immediately profitable, like Kinect, non-gaming services that require a frivolous subscription fee, and early access to DLC. They made the Xbox brand profitable at the cost of giving Sony the edge in game selection.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

I hope you're trolling

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ToScA-

There is really not much difference between the PS3 and 360 in terms of power. They both do pretty much the same thing, and it all comes down to who is making the games. PS3 is better at garnering exclusives, however, because Sony is much better at handling third party relations. Microsoft doesn't care about exclusives as long as the newest version of Call of Duty sells the most on their system, which is why they have sunk so much money into getting DLC a month early instead of getting exclusive games, or even exclusive content. They also have been focusing on non-gaming features like watching sports on the Xbox 360, because these extra features require an Xbox Live Gold account that you have to pay for (even for the services that do not cost an additional fee to use on PS3, like Netflix).

MS's current strategy will make for a poor legacy for the system, but it is making them lots of money, and given how much money they lost on the original Xbox just to get their foot in the door, I imagine that money is a lot more important to them right now than looking good. If the 360 was all about showing off their corporate might and they didn't care how much money they lost (as was the case with the original Xbox), they wouldn't have closed most of their first party studios for not being profitable enough. Methinks Bill Gates decided it was time for the Xbox division to either sink or swim, and that unfortunately meant that they had to stop spending money on cool stuff like exclusives and put it towards things that would be more immediately profitable, like Kinect, non-gaming services that require a frivolous subscription fee, and early access to DLC. They made the Xbox brand profitable at the cost of giving Sony the edge in game selection.

Timstuff

Cows are trying to have it both ways. They bash 360 for its lack of exclusive games, yet somehow "expect" Microsoft to invest in exlusive talented devs who get the best out of the system (in terms of eye candy, technology and whatnot); all the while bashing Microsoft for instead going all in in the Kinect-market. Give me a break..

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
FAIL. The PS2 was weaker than the other 2 and still got the most exclusive support from 3rd parties.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

I hope you're trolling

It's true. Look at the PS2 and Xbox versions of MGS2 for proof.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"] Well, PS2 was about equally as powerful as the Xbox in the real world. The Xbox's power advantage was all theoretical, it didn't amount to anything.

crippled_ram

I hope you're trolling

oh, so you ARE trolling

meh, 5/10 had me going the first time but you quickly lost me

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Many devs have said the dev kits for the 360 are much better than the ones for the Ps3 and did you mean third party developers like Epic who make the gears games for the 360? kinda blows your whole point out of the water really don't it, not to mention third party devs who will put there games on the 360 and not the Ps3.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I hope you're trolling

rilpas

oh, so you ARE trolling

I am not trolling, it's true.

Gotta say, I love the lame damage control. Every time you can't come up with a counter argument, the other guy is obviously trolling. Bravo.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ToScA-

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"] It's true. Look at the PS2 and Xbox versions of MGS2 for proof.

crippled_ram

oh, so you ARE trolling

Gotta say, I love the lame damage control. Every time you can't come up with a counter argument, the other guy is obviously trolling. Bravo.

What? You expect people to go back in time to 2004 and spam pictures of Ninja Gaiden again? Those days are long gone and forgotten, chap!
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts
I think when it comes to companies making exclusives it comes down to exploiting fanboyism to draw more attention toward an otherwise mediocre game that wouldn't do as well if it were the exact same game going multiplatform.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crippled_ram
[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

oh, so you ARE trolling

ToScA-

What? You expect people to go back in time to 2004 and spam pictures of Ninja Gaiden again? Those days are long gone and forgotten, chap!

The only reason Ninja Gaiden looked as good as it did was because it had linear, restricted playable areas. And God of War 2 looks better anyway.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kaszilla
MGS2 isn't on the XBOX. Check out how inferior the PS2 was compared to the Xbox [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=std9wKplilE&feature=youtube_gdata_playerHere
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 delta3074

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"] Well, PS2 was about equally as powerful as the Xbox in the real world. The Xbox's power advantage was all theoretical, it didn't amount to anything.

crippled_ram

I hope you're trolling

Yeah but most multiplats released on both platforms looked bteer on the 360, the Ps2 version of ghost recon 2 didn't even come close to the xbox version, not to mention the Xbox had games that the Ps3 couldn't run like chronicles of Riddick,Doom 3 and Half life 2.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 delta3074
[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]MGS2 isn't on the XBOX. Check out how inferior the PS2 was compared to the Xbox [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=std9wKplilE&feature=youtube_gdata_playerHere

yeah it was but the subsistence version, i actually played it on the billbox
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"] It's true. Look at the PS2 and Xbox versions of MGS2 for proof.

crippled_ram

oh, so you ARE trolling

and this alone proves you're wrong

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ToScA-
MGS2 isn't on the XBOX.Kaszilla
Yes it is :o
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kaszilla
[QUOTE="ToScA-"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] I am not trolling, it's true.

crippled_ram

The only reason Ninja Gaiden looked as good as it did was because it had linear, restricted playable areas. And God of War 2 looks better anyway.

LOL
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

crippled_ram

oh, so you ARE trolling

You realize that the PS2 had a 300MHz processor, and the Xbox had a 700MHz one, don't you? The Xbox was more than twice as powerful as the PS2 in ways that can be measured quite objectively, unlike the current systems that have much more subjectively defined weaknesses and strengths.

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

And that's because the PS3 has more power than the 360, and thus, more tools to afford a developer. There is a reason that even in today's date of multiplatform development, a third party will make exclusive games for the PS3, but not the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 simply isn't as powerful, it's just a more limited console.

This is proven by the fact that even multiplatform games like Assassin's Creed Revelartions and Battlefield 3 have more content and better versions on PS3.

The power of the Cell and Blu Ray combine to give us the most powerful and most flexible console ever. This means we get the most and the best games ever.

crippled_ram
OMG ...the mooing has reached symphonic levels.....All together now...Ok ..just the boy cows [ thunderous mooing ]...Ok ..just the girl cows..[ deafening silence ] And on this day the real reason for the extinction of the genus bovine was made clear to all...Source: [ Scientific American ]
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 crippled_ram

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I hope you're trolling

delta3074

Yeah but most multiplats released on both platforms looked bteer on the 360, the Ps2 version of ghost recon 2 didn't even come close to the xbox version, not to mention the Xbox had games that the Ps3 couldn't run like chronicles of Riddick,Doom 3 and Half life 2.

Everything you said is because of lazy developers, not because the PS2 was any less capable than the Xbox.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rilpas

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

oh, so you ARE trolling

Timstuff

You relaize that the PS2 had a 300MHz processor, and the Xbox had a 700MHz one, don't you? The Xbox was over twice as powerful as the PS2 in ways that can be measured quite objectively, unlike the current systems that have much more subjectively defined weaknesses and strengths.

not only that but the xbox also had twice the RAM

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ToScA-
[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]

spiderluck
OMG ...the mooing has reached symphonic levels.....All together now...Ok ..just the boy cows [ thunderous mooing ]...Ok ..just the girl cows..[ deafening silence ] And on this day the real reason for the extinction of the genus bovine was made clear to all...Source: [ Scientific American ]

:lol:
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rilpas

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] It's true. Look at the PS2 and Xbox versions of MGS2 for proof.

crippled_ram

Everything you said is because of lazy developers, not because the PS2 was any less capable than the Xbox.

other way around actually, the xbox and PC ports of metal gear solid 2 were lazy ports hence why they only look slightly better then they do on the PS2

Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Reiko2K1
Member since 2004 • 1288 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

crippled_ram

I hope you're trolling

I didn't know the PS2 ran MGS2 in 480p... Oh wait it doesn't.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

super600