The Xbox 360 Elite is official (sticky?) HEY KEEP IT HERE

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts

yes I am the first to post about this :D

http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360-elite/feature-microsoft-gets-elite-247496.php

official pic

casey needs to start being awake at these hours when all the big news hits

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
yep. you said it.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

It is a bunch of Sony fanboys who can't claim X360 doesn't support true-1080p because of lack of HDMI now. Once the smaller CPU is out and 360 doesn't break anymore I wonder what the fanboys will be crying over next.

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix963
Member since 2006 • 1006 Posts
OMGies they copied ps3s kuler!!!1. M$ da copycatz now!1
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

It is a bunch of Sony fanboys who can't claim X360 doesn't support true-1080p because of lack of HDMI now. Once the smaller CPU is out and 360 doesn't break anymore I wonder what the fanboys will be crying over next.

PS3_3DO
I'm pretty sure there are some Xbox360 owners out there as well who don't enjoy being milked.
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
*raise hand* Actually I did have a problem with the DS Lite... It is pointless and honestly I still fail to see how Nintendo couldn't have released the DS in that form originally since there are so many problems with the original DS.
geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
Word of mouth is the best advertising. Cows are just doing M$ a favor by spreading the word about the 480 dollar HDMI 160GIG HDD 360.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

asmallchild
I'm pretty sure there are some Xbox360 owners out there as well who don't enjoy being milked.

Unless you're forced to buy one by Microsoft discontinuing any support of the original 360, I really don't see how you're being milked. Technology changes and becomes cheaper over time. Welcome to the last 500 years. I'm sure people who just got a horse were complaining when they invented the railroad, too. -John
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

That time of the month FTW!!!!

btw my April 2006 manufatured 360 has been listed on ebay ;)

Bid with confidence.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Yeah actually..I thought the whole DS Lite thing was crap and ripped off consumers (especially considering the battery life isn't as good) and I kept my PS2 Fat because I disliked the PSTwo. The 360 Elite, Zephyr whatever you want to call it falls into the same boat of being: A) Too soon in the lifecycle, thus a ripoff for consumers. B) Not worthwhile and annoying, especially if somebody was thinking they had gotten the "Premium" just to find out they didn't really.
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
so i heard through a dirty rumor that the premium package is going to cost $299 now, not sure where i read, but it was somewhere.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

tovarischs

Unless you're forced to buy one by Microsoft discontinuing any support of the original 360, I really don't see how you're being milked. Technology changes and becomes cheaper over time. Welcome to the last 500 years. I'm sure people who just got a horse were complaining when they invented the railroad, too. -John

Not consoles though. This is a 1st. Who else offered such significant upgrades just 1.5 years into its console's lifespan? I thought so.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

PS3_3DO
So you admit MS was wrong regarding HDMI?
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

asmallchild

im one of them. that is why im selling my 360 after Blue dragon and buying a Ps3
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tovarischs
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

asmallchild

Not consoles though. This is a 1st. Who else offered such significant upgrades just 1.5 years into its console's lifespan? I thought so.

Again, are you being forced to buy a new system? Is your current system magically going to be unable to play your current games? I thought so. -John
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tovarischs

alfy13

im one of them. that is why im selling my 360 after Blue dragon and buying a Ps3

So as a member of the PS3 union, how were you able to review Formula One Championship Edition on your nonexistant PS3? Do you have a magic box? Can I have one? -John
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts

I swear to god I wanna just scream

did people have a problem with nintnedo came out with the DS lite?

what about when the PStwo came out?

only the winner of the generation releases remodels and OMG look MS is now doing it

and its a problem?

THIS IS ABSOULETLY NOTHING NEW TO THE GAMING INDUSTRY 

supermechakirby
Exactly! this elite is only for a limited run anyway. We can all still play 360 games the ecact same way that the elite can. This is absolutely nothing to be excited about. As for the pink PS2. . . . . .
Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
Wrong, just wrong dude...PS2 was actually cheaper and some 5years down the road...not a year after with better features and upgrades....M$ basically rushed their first batch of oopsies onto the market just to get ahead start on sony and then went back to work to actually take the time needed to create a more sufficient machine. Do you get it now, now please stop spitting ignorance with the winner releases remodels, though your right about that in regards to the PS brand.....but wrong regarding the Xbox name, they haven't won anything.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS3_3DO
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

tegovoltio

So you admit MS was wrong regarding HDMI?

MS had to launch as planned without HDMI because 1.3 HDMI was not finalized until summer of 2006. So they are adding it now.

supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

asmallchild

Id like to think that the DS lite was a significant upgrade from the DS, form factor and design are huge when it comes to something you are going to be carrying around, not to mention the better screen to see clearer and that was a year after the DS..
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

only the winner of the generation releases remodels and OMG look MS is now doing it

and its a problem?

supermechakirby

besides the fact that those re-releases are never more expensive than the original one... 

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Runningflame570

MS had to launch as planned without HDMI because 1.3 HDMI was not finalized until summer of 2006. So they are adding it now.

PS3_3DO
Oh BS, they could have easily launched with 1.2 its not like that isn"t still being used in most electronics products that feature HDMI and it sure as HECK wasn"t being phased out as of December 2005..it has barely been out six months then. Microsoft just cheaped you.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PS3_3DO
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

MS had to launch as planned without HDMI because 1.3 HDMI was not finalized until summer of 2006. So they are adding it now.

Runningflame570

Oh BS, they could have easily launched with 1.2 its not like that isn"t still being used in most electronics products that feature HDMI and it sure as HECK wasn"t being phased out as of December 2005..it has barely been out six months then. Microsoft just cheaped you.

Dude 1.3 is a lot better than 1.2 HDMI. I think MS did the wise decision and waited.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

asmallchild

360 owners aren't being milked.  I could careless about the 360 elite.  The games will still be the same on either SKU.  VGA cables are just fine for me.  The only thing i want is the Bigger HDD.   

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PS3_3DO

sirk1264

360 owners aren't being milked.  I could careless about the 360 elite.  The games will still be the same on either SKU.  VGA cables are just fine for me.  The only thing i want is the Bigger HDD.   

Don't worry MS will sell the 120gb seperatly.

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Runningflame570

Dude 1.3 is a lot better than 1.2 HDMI. I think MS did the wise decision and waited.

PS3_3DO
In all honesty, for systems such as 360 and PS3 HDMI 1.3 is kind of overkill. They won't be using deep color too much on either system and the bandwidth increase isn't necessary unless your trying to run something at a Crysis-like resolution..which the PS3 and 360 won't.
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

PS3_3DO

360 owners aren't being milked. I could careless about the 360 elite. The games will still be the same on either SKU. VGA cables are just fine for me. The only thing i want is the Bigger HDD.

Don't worry MS will sell the 120gb seperatly.

oh i already know they will sell it separately.  Once the 120GB HDD is available i'm gettin it.  

supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

and its a problem?

SambaLele

besides the fact that those re-releases are never more expensive than the original one...

DS lite was more
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
TC = 100% correct. NES, SNES, Genesis, PS, PS2, GBA(2), DS and 3DO all had different models.
raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
the hdmi i dont care about its the fact that at the launch all i could find was a core and paid 100 bucks for a 20 gb hardrive and now there releasing 120gb hardrive for 200 kind of pisses me off
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

and its a problem?

supermechakirby
The slim PS2 version was just that slim. There was nomajor upgrade. Actually it was downgraded for the fact no HDD in it. MS made a mistke. Just admit it dude. PS3 was right all along. I predicted this also. read my post history. All the things I've said will come to light.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

tovarischs

Don't bother trying to use common sense with fanboys like him, they only see their console, for everything else their evil console spirit whispers B.S. to them and they yell it out like fact.

Yeah we're being milked you're dude. We have NO CHOICE but to buy the Elite (which hasn't been confirmed, named or priced yet by MS) and the 20GB PS3 is being sold everywhere!!!!! I can't not find one everywhere I look where I live

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
Well look on the bright side, once more 360 elites are sold and become the standard the already 10 million userbase will be insignificant in number.
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 supermechakirby
BUMPP yes post here only plz
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
Thanks MS for ripping me off! I wouldn't have bought 360 early if I knew I could get HDMI and 120 GB.
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 supermechakirby
Thanks MS for ripping me off! I wouldn't have bought 360 early if I knew I could get HDMI and 120 GB.BlazeDragon132
oh shut up and go play gears :P
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Thanks MS for ripping me off! I wouldn't have bought 360 early if I knew I could get HDMI and 120 GB.BlazeDragon132
Are you serious? As if HD is impossible without HDMI? As if you don't have a PC to act as a media hub?
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BlazeDragon132
[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Thanks MS for ripping me off! I wouldn't have bought 360 early if I knew I could get HDMI and 120 GB.supermechakirby
oh shut up and go play gears

Gears is overrated, Lost Planet and Crackdown is alot better. And real mature response, I presume you are a lawyer?
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Thanks MS for ripping me off! I wouldn't have bought 360 early if I knew I could get HDMI and 120 GB.BlazeDragon132
oh shut up and go play gears

Gears is overrated, Lost Planet and Crackdown is alot better. And real mature response, I presume you are a lawyer?

yes well go play LP and crackdown then, cause if you had waited you wouldnt be able to play them yet
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BlazeDragon132
[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Thanks MS for ripping me off! I wouldn't have bought 360 early if I knew I could get HDMI and 120 GB.Spartan070
Are you serious? As if HD is impossible without HDMI? As if you don't have a PC to act as a media hub?

According to MS, my 360 is suppose to be the media hub. And yes it can, but it would be nice if they allowed current owners to trade in for it. Knowning how MS is, they won't. That is why I am pissed...
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Hopefully, this will equal into some kind of reduced price within the "core" and "pro" models.

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BlazeDragon132
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

and its a problem?

shungokustasu
The slim PS2 version was just that slim. There was nomajor upgrade. Actually it was downgraded for the fact no HDD in it. MS made a mistke. Just admit it dude. PS3 was right all along. I predicted this also. read my post history. All the things I've said will come to light.

I agree somewhat. I mean PS2 Slim, just slim. SP? Just GBA with brighter light. DS Lite? Same as SP. Elite is a whole new thing, which is why I am mad.
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

and its a problem?

BlazeDragon132

I agree somewhat. I mean PS2 Slim, just slim. SP? Just GBA with brighter light. DS Lite? Same as SP. Elite is a whole new thing, which is why I am mad.

WOWOMG a 360 with HDMI and a bigger HDD... you dont even need to buy the elite for the bigger HDD..
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

So now it's the Xbox 360 'Elite' and the Xbox 360 'But, but, we don't need...'

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

I don't see why people are so upset about this new release.  Does this new release make the purchase of a current X360 any less worthwhile? I should hope not.  There are no features new to this model that the old ones don't have. 

Wow, more hard drive space, alright, so buy the upgraded drive, or the third party devices for transferring data to your PC.  If you're too lazy or cheap, stop whining about it.  Wow, an HDMI port, now I can play my game at teh tru 1080p!  Now I can play at a resolution that is visually indiscernible from the same resolution provided through component or VGA!  Well, no, I can't because first I'll have to drop a grand or so for the cheapest 1080p supporting TV on the market.  I'm sure that will show a huge difference between 720p and 1080p, and an even greater difference between component 1080p and HDMI 1080p. 

Seriously, if you want it, buy it...if you think it is too expensive and is "milking," then don't buy it, and continue enjoying the great gaming experience that is X360.

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BlazeDragon132
[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

and its a problem?

supermechakirby

WOWOMG a 360 with HDMI and a bigger HDD... you dont even need to buy the elite for the bigger HDD..

Yes, I am going to really pay 180 for something that should cost 100. PS3 is less of a rip-off now due to MS milkage. 600 for 60 GB, HDMI, Memory Reader,and Blu-Ray is sounding alot better now... I am manticore, but the Elite is pure milkage.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
The hard drive price is beyond ridiculous.  If I wanted to buy a 120 GB HDD for my PS3, I could get one for about $85 (and I wouldn't have to wait for MS to decide I was allowed to have one).
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

The hard drive price is beyond ridiculous.  If I wanted to buy a 120 GB HDD for my PS3, I could get one for about $85 (and I wouldn't have to wait for MS to decide I was allowed to have one).Teufelhuhn

Non-industry standards for the loss. I can buy a headset and new HDD for my PS3, and Sony won't see a dime. Can't really say the same about M$.

supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"]

and its a problem?

BlazeDragon132

Yes, I am going to really pay 180 for something that should cost 100. PS3 is less of a rip-off now due to MS milkage. 600 for 60 GB, HDMI, Memory Reader,and Blu-Ray is sounding alot better now... I am manticore, but the Elite is pure milkage.

or $480 for 120GB HDMI, who the hell needs a memory card reader? +$200 if you want HDDVD which I dont, so its about choice damnit YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY THE DAMN THING why doesnt this go through some peoples heads?
Kama151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kama151
Member since 2004 • 3405 Posts

They seriously should have considered including the 65nm chip design in there.  Not including it just leaves this new "elite" sku with the possibility of the same inherent overheating problems as the premium console.  Wifi was also a no brainer..but hey...you can still pick it up for a paltry $100.  Lol at the proprietary HDD, that's a ****in' joke.

BOHICA indeed.

sinkingboat