The Worlds Collide teaser (Confirmed to be Insomniac related!)

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IcyFlamez96
Member since 2011 • 1355 Posts

Seemed like a stretch, but then I read through this 

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?52823-Thugs-4-Less-hints

When someone in that thread mentioned that the image Sony put up could have been hinting at a new R&C game, someone from Insomniac replied posted "intereeesssting".... And that whole thread, the Insomniac devs were just teasing us in the midst of out speculation =p

Then there's this.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/falcon-x32/2013/07/09/is-playstations-mysterious-image-revealing-the-next-ratchet-clank

As long as it's a standard R&C title, then it will be good. People are always saying that thier last good title was aCiT, and this one is likely to be a non spinoffy R&C game.

UPDATE: Confirmed to be an Insomniac related announcement.

Sony posted this image and tagged Insomniac Games in it.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

man i hope so!!! i used to play ratchet heaps on the PS2 :)

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I thought they are traitors now! :lol:

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

love those games. I don't need a multiplayer , just give me a long campaign and ill be happy. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
never played a ratchet and clank game. gonna rent the collection one of these days.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I really hope so!!! would love a RnC game

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IcyFlamez96

I thought they are traitors now! :lol:

xhawk27
Well they were always independent. The IP is still owned by Sony, and Insomniac said they'd never stop making Ratchet and Clank games... So that pretty much confirmed that they'd continue to make R&C for Sony.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IcyFlamez96
never played a ratchet and clank game. gonna rent the collection one of these days. mems_1224
You're the same one who said Insomniac was never good, and you've never played and R&C game...... lol (That is the only series I like from them tbh)
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
A Crack in Time is a masterpiece (though not as good as UYA). I have confidence that Insomniac could still make a fantastic Ratchet game but only if it's open world like ACIT and their Burbank studio is developing it.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IcyFlamez96
A Crack in Time is a masterpiece (though not as good as UYA). I have confidence that Insomniac could still make a fantastic Ratchet game but only if it's open world like ACIT and their Burbank studio is developing it.TheDidact
I wouldn't exactly call aCiT open world, but yeah, I agree =P. Most of the ones who worked on the original R&C titles are stationed at the NC studio btw. Their Burbank studio is working on Sunset Overdrive.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

They are certainly capable of making a good Ratchet game if they don't go away from the tradtional formula too much. 

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheDidact
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]A Crack in Time is a masterpiece (though not as good as UYA). I have confidence that Insomniac could still make a fantastic Ratchet game but only if it's open world like ACIT and their Burbank studio is developing it.IcyFlamez96
I wouldn't exactly call aCiT open world, but yeah, I agree =P. Most of the ones who worked on the original R&C titles are stationed at the NC studio btw. Their Burbank studio is working on Sunset Overdrive.

Oh really? I didn't know that. :P Judging by All 4 One I assumed that the talent wasn't as great as the Burbank teams. And ACIT was kinda open world, traversing the galaxy in your ship, landing on planets, space battles, side missions, etc. It's not Skyrim Open World but it is much more open and explorable than any other R&C game.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I hope not. Leave the toons for Nintendo.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

On the one hand a new (proper) Ratchet & Clank game would be sweet. But damn I'm wanting some new IP's.

If this is indeed Insomniac revealing something, I guess it makes sense it would have to be an established IP. Seems like Fuse was a massive sales disaster/flop, and that Xbox One game looks a bit odd (like it could have major sales flop potential as well). So basically it is hard to see them signing on for any other exclusive besides Ratchet, unless Sony is going to guarantee them more $$$ of course.

Tthis would be a good announcement, but it could have been better (new IP from Geurilla games or something).

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]A Crack in Time is a masterpiece (though not as good as UYA). I have confidence that Insomniac could still make a fantastic Ratchet game but only if it's open world like ACIT and their Burbank studio is developing it.TheDidact

Oh really? I didn't know that. :P Judging by All 4 One I assumed that the talent wasn't as great as the Burbank teams. And ACIT was kinda open world, traversing the galaxy in your ship, landing on planets, space battles, side missions, etc. It's not Skyrim Open World but it is much more open and explorable than any other R&C game.

Well I mean, whether A4O or FFA was made by the Burbank studio or not, the outcome would have likely been similar since those two games weren't even supposed to be regular R&C games in the first place,
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheDidact
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] I wouldn't exactly call aCiT open world, but yeah, I agree =P. Most of the ones who worked on the original R&C titles are stationed at the NC studio btw. Their Burbank studio is working on Sunset Overdrive.

Well I mean, whether A4O or FFA was made by the Burbank studio or not, the outcome would have likely been similar since those two games weren't even supposed to be regular R&C games in the first place,

True. If this game exists and releases next fall, it would have been in development for about 3 years. Hopefully we'll see a traditional R&C adventure with a large world featuring a new villain, a new cast of characters, tons of cool new weapons, and maybe even the return of UYA's multiplayer.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IcyFlamez96

I just found this image...

http://i.imgur.com/gOPIjyc.png

So maybe the teaser could be something move related? Or is that just a coincidence? Well either way, Insomniac is definitely hinting at a new R&C and a return of the Thugs-4-Less group from Going Commando. 

TOD was announced before the PS3 was launched, so i'm guessing the game Insomniac is hinting at will be shown at Gamescom considering Sony is saving some announcements for that. 

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheDidact

So maybe the teaser could be something move related? Or is that just a coincidence? Well either way, Insomniac is definitely hinting at a new R&C and a return of the Thugs-4-Less group from Going Commando. 

TOD was announced before the PS3 was launched, so i'm guessing the game Insomniac is hinting at will be shown at Gamescom considering Sony is saving some announcements for that. 

IcyFlamez96
Resistance 3 and A4O were both announced at the same Gamescom, so Insomniac is no stranger to announcements there.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lx_theo

IcyFlamez96
I seriously doubt it on the Move part. At least by that evidence. The only part that has any real suggestive material is the similar color (shape is a common one and glow comes from what its supposed to look like).
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IcyFlamez96
True. If this game exists and releases next fall, it would have been in development for about 3 years. Hopefully we'll see a traditional R&C adventure with a large world featuring a new villain, a new cast of characters, tons of cool new weapons, and maybe even the return of UYA's multiplayer.TheDidact
Yes that'd make me too happy =D Well actually I was kinda expecting (and actually hoping) they release around the time of the R&C movie in 2015. It'd be good for advertising purposes, and it would give Insomniac much more time to make the game the best they can make it. A big problem with them imo is that they seem to bring out games too fast. They released 9 games this gen, plus Outernauts... That's more than 1 game a year :|..... When I go to the Insomniac museum in aCiT, it's just disappointing seeing all the stuff they ended up cutting. Oh yeah, and all of Insomniac's tweets definitely hint that the Thugs-4-Less guys from GC will return. Whether they will be the main villains or not.... I dunno
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I hope it's another crossover game, but I'm likely wrong.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IcyFlamez96
I hope it's another crossover game, but I'm likely wrong.bbkkristian
Playstation Move Heroes 2.... Starring Nathan Drake, Cole, and Nathan Hale! Well at least then, they could make a decent co-op third person shooter =P
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Ugh, please, please, PLEASE be a full single-player campaign like the original games!! I've been playing through the HD Collection recently and thought about how much I'd love to have another full single-player Ratchet & Clank title again like A Crack in Time. While Full Frontal Assault was decent and All 4 One was alright, they weren't what I really wanted. I want a single-player experience again.

I understand Insomniac has to shoehorn multiplayer into all of their games nowadays. It's just how the industry is I suppose. But how about a single-player game with online multiplayer/co-op Ratchet & Clank title on PS4? Please?!

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Ratchet and Jak Cross Over???? That would be amazing.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrRockso87

never played a ratchet and clank game. gonna rent the collection one of these days. mems_1224

They're all great games. Great humor, wide arsenal of weapons, fun story, good voice acting, good length, etc. There's also challenge mode (i.e. new game plus) afterward for replay value.

The original is good while the sequels are amazing. The original lacks some of the great features of the sequels. E.g. No strafing (firing while running sideways), no bolt multiplier, no arena challenges, etc. But it's still worth playing. Just rough around the edges.

I highly recommend the collection.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Damn, I was hoping it would be something interesting

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrRockso87

Still no Jak4 :evil:

Ackad

Someday I wish for Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin to return to Naughty Dog and create their own division where they work on future Jak and Daxter games.

They were the original creators of the series. It's no coincidence that after they left, Naughty Dog stopped making new Jak and Daxter games. :(

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I hope it's another crossover game, but I'm likely wrong.IcyFlamez96
Playstation Move Heroes 2.... Starring Nathan Drake, Cole, and Nathan Hale! Well at least then, they could make a decent co-op third person shooter =P

Get rid of the "Move" and I would be all for it. :D I love crossovers, and I would have gotten PSMove Heroes if it wasn't a Move exclusive.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
No thanks.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope so.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IcyFlamez96

Ratchet and Jak Cross Over???? That would be amazing.

Mrmedia01
I doubt it though =P.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Heard it was buggy as hell.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]never played a ratchet and clank game. gonna rent the collection one of these days. Lionheart08

I just got it today, and it's pretty poor.
chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#36 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts

It's confirmed to be Ratchet and Clank. Sony posted an updated version of the image and tagged Insomniac Games in it.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IcyFlamez96

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]never played a ratchet and clank game. gonna rent the collection one of these days. Lionheart08

Not really, there are bugs but it's far, far, farrr from unplayable.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
All this for a R&C game? Wow, talk about not exited.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I love insomniac and would buy this game day 1.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I only ever had the first R&C. I was mostly into Jak & Daxter :)

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lx_theo

It's confirmed to be Ratchet and Clank. Sony posted an updated version of the image and tagged Insomniac Games in it.

chapnzaba
Well... It could also be Spyro. It IS purple... :P
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]never played a ratchet and clank game. gonna rent the collection one of these days. IcyFlamez96

Not really, there are bugs but it's far, far, farrr from unplayable.

I played all three games in the collection back to back with no issues what so ever.:)

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

If this is a new and proper Ratchet and Clank colour me excited. A Crack in Time was awesome.

The PS4 is looking good. So far they might be bringing back two of Sony's best IPs (inFAMOUS and R&C). Hopefully they announce some good new IPs as well

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

chapnzaba
YEEEES!!! A Crack In Time was amazing! So hyped! Better be a PS4 game
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Disappointing. Ratchet and Clank was good, but there's been like 12 of their games. Xbox owners get a new IP from Insomniac that looks WAY better - Sunset Overdrive.

EDIT: ALthough if it s a Jak and Ratchet crossover that would be pretty awesome.... there hasn't been a Jak platformer on a console since what, 2004?

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Still no Jak4 :evil:

Ackad

Why would you expect Insomniac to be working on Jak & Daxter?

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

Disappointing. Ratchet and Clank was good, but there's been like 12 of their games. Xbox owners get a new IP from Insomniac that looks WAY better - Sunset Overdrive.

AHUGECAT
So a CGI trailer looks better than an established high scoring series? Makes sense.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Granny_Spanked

So a CGI trailer looks better than an established high scoring series? Makes sense.

There are like 30 Ratchet and Clank games. Now if this is a crossover with Jak, then it has some potential. Btw, I liked A Crack in Time.

But yes, Sunset Overdrive looks to have a lot of potential... much more than a Ratchet game.

LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts
Oh, so Cows like Insomniac again?
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

[QUOTE="Granny_Spanked"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

There are like 30 Ratchet and Clank games. Now if this is a crossover with Jak, then it has some potential. Btw, I liked A Crack in Time.

But yes, Sunset Overdrive looks to have a lot of potential... much more than a Ratchet game.

How does a CGI trailer look to have potential? You haven't seen any gameplay. Delusional lems.