The Witcher 3's biggest flaw (TW1, TW2, and TW3 spoilers)

• 54 results
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14945 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@PAL360 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

The combat bothers me more than any of that other shit.

I love the combat. It's very strategic, which is probably helped by the fact i'm playing the game on hard.

Yup, gotta use your brain or you will be killed.

The combat does get easier later in the game with an alchemist Geralt. That tree is overpowered.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@Epak_ said:
@PAL360 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I love the combat. It's very strategic, which is probably helped by the fact i'm playing the game on hard.

The combat does get easier later in the game with an alchemist Geralt. That tree is overpowered.

Yeah I used like two slots from that group if I remember right :D

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14945 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Epak_ said:
@PAL360 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah I used like two slots from that group if I remember right :D

Take all four brewing abilities: increased toxicity threshold, heal on potion use, potions not expiring if toxicity is high are too good to pass up. Side effects is nice, but it can be skipped if you want a good bomb skill.

The Blade Oil tree is godly, at least the first three abilities. The branch is more powerful than the Fast and Strong Attack branches combined when utilized correctly, nevermind the fact that oil on the correct creature will reduce the damage that creature inflicts on you. Enhanced and Superior Oil is godly. And the third ability maxed out, your oil doesn't run out, so Hanged Man Venom should always be on your steel sword. And poisoned blades is crazy good on relicts and ogroids as poison does massage damage to them over time. Somehow the Chort in the contract as taking 1000 damage per second from the poison.

Ignore the bombs branch. The bomb count increase is worth looking into though and cluster bombs as well, if you want to major in throwing bombs, but I ignore it. If you want, you could use those skills instead of the second mutagen skill or the side effects skill. Ignore the damage on non damage bombs skill, its useless.

Take the first three Mutagen abilities, but the second one last. The first ability basically allows you to quaff a couple decoctions and still have potion room and synergy turns Geralt into a health wall if you correctly equip Greater Green Mutagens on him. The second ability is nice, free 1000 Max Vitality if you use a decoction max level, but its not a must grab immediately.

Take the first two Trial of the Grasses skills. Frenzy is awesome as it lets you avoid a hit if the enemy counters you (and they do a lot) and Endure Pain will increase you max health considerably if your toxicity is high.

Superior Thunderbolt is incredible, I am getting crits on every hit with it....and it makes the fourth Oil skill and the fourth Trail of the Grasses skill useless.

Do not take BOTH the third brewing skill and the third Trial skill, the skills work against eachother. I would take the former, not the latter.

This is a stupidly overpowered build in the end, but will struggle more early in the game. Angry Joe is an idiot for calling this tree useless.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@texasgoldrush: Never looked that deep into it, you've done your job alright! I played on hard (not death march) and didn't really have a moment where I would get too frustrated to continue. Maybe I select death march when New Game plus is finally available.