The Wii really delivered this generation.

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

Although the Wii gets alot of blind hate, as we draw near to the end of the generation, I think it really delivered.

Third party support wasn't the best, but we still got some games worth mentioning.

i'll admit things looked bad at the beginning of the gen, but Nintendo released alot of great games for their fans in the end.

The only thing they haven't gotten is StarFox and F-Zero. We have a new Zelda coming , If LS and XB are localised, if we get that new Kirby game and that Pandora's Tower thing turns out to be great (and localised as well), then they would have sealed the deal.

Here's a toast to the Wii , to the year ahead and to all its haters. No matter what you say, it turned out to be a great console in the end.

f

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts
I still need to buy a load of games for it. The damn thing also changed Microsoft and Sony's game.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

it's got great exclusives, but the lack of multiplats really hurts it imo

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Not for me. The promise of motion controls, that I presumed Wii Sports and Zelda TP were only the very rough beginnings of, was never really delivered on imo. And 3rd party is only good "for a Nintendo console", it's sucky compared to the others. It's not an awful console, I have some great games and great times with it. But it isn't the console I was so hyped for in the beginning.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

There is no denying, the Wii has done exceptionally well this gen, however, I am still goping to stick with the HD consoles and the pc :P

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#6 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Well, it's better than the Gamecube at least.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Just comes to show, raw power isn't everything. The point of a game is to enjoy it for as long as possible. Eye candy is fine, but it should not be the be all and end all of enjoying a game. (Here's looking at you, Crysis fans...)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Just comes to show, raw power isn't everything. The point of a game is to enjoy it for as long as possible. Eye candy is fine, but it should not be the be all and end all of enjoying a game. (Here's looking at you, Crysis fans...)

Zanoh
Crysis also had epic open world gameplay with tons of freedom and choice, to go along with it's awesome graphics. Goes to show raw power isn't just for graphics either. But that's a lil off topic :P
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Well im a huge Nintendo fan and my top 10 games of all time at least 8 of them are Nintendo games, but I have to disagree with you. The Wii so far has been the least played system I have ever owned and every major franchise game of Nintendos that has been on the wii I have felt has been the worst in their series.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zanoh

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

locopatho

Crysis also had epic open world gameplay with tons of freedom and choice, to go along with it's awesome graphics. Goes to show raw power isn't just for graphics either. But that's a lil off topic :P

Agreed. However that isn't what I hear from a lot of crysis fans....it's mostly "teh graphics" argument and that is what I get sick of hearing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

If you mean delivered tons of cash to the Nintendo pocket then yes, I agree. :P

I dunno, I'm happy for those who feel it delivered for them but for me, it's the first console I have ever sold before the next gen started so for me, it failed a bit. Again, I recognize for many including this website, it delivered so Enjoy. :)

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

Zanoh
more raw power makes also larger worlds , better physics , more content , smarter AI , more NPCs/objects/muliplayer players at the same time etc. which usually result into longer playthroughs and more replayability , so graphics being not as important is no excuse for delivering weak hardware
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

Yeah the Wii really delivered.......................... a lot less than the competition.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

coming up from behind and surpassing the 360 in high scoring exclusives was an impressive feat.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

wii delivered a lethal blow to gaming

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I love that little box, so many unique games on it.. I don't how Nintendo does it.

As far as multiplats go, i'm playing them on the PC at max., so no biggie there. :)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

if it had 3rd party support and no motion controls it would have delivered for me

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Messiahbolical-
Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, etc..  Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Haters gunna hate, the Wii has a lot of fantastic games and it's been fun seeing Nintendo innovate this generation completely.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, etc..  Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:Messiahbolical-

galaxy>>>> anything on 360

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Messiahbolical-

dontshackzmii
Does the Wii only have 1 game in it's library? 'Cause it seems like the only game I ever hear sheep brag about is Galaxy while us PS3 and 360 owners have lots of great games to show off.
Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:Messiahbolical-

LOLNO

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:Jelley0

LOLNO

PS3 AAAAE+AAAE = 9 360 AAAE = 8 Wii AAAAE+AAAE = 5
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zanoh

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

AmnesiaHaze

more raw power makes also larger worlds ,more NPCs/objects/muliplayer players at the same time etc.

Fixed. THAT is all raw power does. Everything else is done by proper game coding no matter what the hardware is designed for. Raw power has no inclusion of replayability. A good example is GTA IV. It does everything you touted, but the mission design and multiplayer design were virtually repetitive so in the end raw power was all GTA IV had going for it.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zanoh

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

Messiahbolical-

Does the Wii only have 1 game in it's library? 'Cause it seems like the only game I ever hear sheep brag about is Galaxy while us PS3 and 360 owners have lots of great games to show off.

I can list others other than galaxy if you like, but I am not here to start flame wars.

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

[QUOTE="Jelley0"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:Messiahbolical-

LOLNO

Don't forget to include AAE games

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23963 Posts

The Wii really delivered this gen, as a great secondary system to my PC. It was well worth the 250$ I spent on buying the system.

[QUOTE="Jelley0"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:Messiahbolical-

LOLNO

There is a lot more to a console's library than AAAs and AAAAs. The Wii has more AAEs+ than the other consoles, but significantly less AAEs than the PC.

Highgear56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Highgear56
Member since 2003 • 455 Posts

The Wii delivered? Yeah to soccer moms and retirement homes.

The console has horrible graphics and shovelware. Not only do PS3 and 360 now have motion sensing (although the PS3 motion sensing is a blatant rip off of the Wii mote), they have better specs to run games at a higher level both graphically and speed.

The fact the Nintendo 3DS has better graphics than the Wii (or the 1st Xbox for that matter) is just sad.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
It had less droughts than the gamecube but its online is still severely lackluster
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Jelley0"]

LOLNO

Maroxad

There is a lot more to a console's library than AAAs and AAAAs. The Wii has more AAEs+ than the other consoles, but significantly less AAEs than the PC.

Yeah but you also forgot to mention how games like No More Heroes and Dead Space Extraction aren't even exclusive anymore but are still on the list, how the Wii(lets face it) has lower standards, and how a lot of those AA games are casual stuff like EA Sports Active which(lets just face it again) none of us CORE gamers care about.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The Wii has had many incredible, under the radar type games, but the lack of multiplats and a competent online system have really hurt it.
-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Skeletor-
Member since 2002 • 1030 Posts

if you are sick of FPS games this gen THE WII DELIVERED.

The most innovative and niche titles this gen were on the Wii.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Maroxad

Yeah but you also forgot to mention how games like No More Heroes and Dead Space Extraction aren't even exclusive anymore but are still on the list, how the Wii(lets face it) has lower standards, and how a lot of those AA games are casual stuff like EA Sports Active which(lets just face it again) none of us CORE gamers care about.Messiahbolical-

1. That is 2 games the Wii has a lead of 5 games compared to the 360 and 7 compared to the PS3.
  2. Oh boy thet standards excuse yet again... some throw it around without any form of evidence to support that the wii has lower standards, Graphically yes, it has lower standards but gameplay wise no. an AA is an AA no matter what system it is on.
  3. Those casual games you are trying to discredit are reviewed by avid/hardcore gamers who happen to think that the games are worthy of the 8.0 score. Believe it or not, but casual games can be enjoyed by avid and hardcore gamers as well.

In addition some AA quality Wii titles (according to other sources) has yet to be reviewed on Gamespot.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinions (personally I found myself bored to tears by both uncharteds). You are entitled to think that the wii's library is crap, however that is an opinion which many are gonna disagree on. What is a fact however is that the wii has the highest ammount of exclusives compared to other consoles.

Also, if we are going to add in AE rated games to the mix, the Wii has 70 AE+ games, which certainly isnt a bad number. especially compared to the 360's 37 AE+ and the PS3's 40 AE+ games.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="Zanoh"]

more raw power makes also larger worlds , better physics , more content , smarter AI , more NPCs/objects/muliplayer players at the same time etc. which usually result into longer playthroughs and more replayability , so graphics being not as important is no excuse for delivering weak hardware

Ironically, the majority of PS3/360 games are short
-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Skeletor-
Member since 2002 • 1030 Posts

I'm a hardcore PC gamer that has avoided consoles for the last 2 gens, the Wii deserves my respect for being a proper console and providing fun innovative of games I can't get on the PC. The same can't be said with the HD twins that have the same damn multiplats as the pc.

Yes there are a ton of awesome exclusive games on the Wii, if you call yourself a real gamer you must acknowledge this..

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lucianu

Let's take a look at what the Wii delivered: worst exclusive lineup this gen, worst multiplat lineup of all time, worst graphics for a gen of all time, worst online structure of all time, most shovelware amount of all time, etc..  Congratulations, Nintendo. You guys really outdid yourselves. :roll:Messiahbolical-

So...

A. We gonna act like you spent your afternoon picking from a list of 958 games, so you can offer us a factual observation about the quality of the games?

or

B. You hating on Nintendo, thinking your opinion & taste in games = absolute fact.

It don't even matter if i correct every bit of ludicrous claim you made, you won't read.

Because by reading your past comments, you got a thing with hating japanese people and ***. stuff. So obviously you're gonna hate on Nintendo.

So basically, you have a problem with Japan. C'mon now, don't say it ain't true, considering almost every post you've made about ***. stuff, you hated on. So.. you a racist or something?

Man, you're probably one of them boys that thinks CoD is hardcore, and sticking with the Hatin'-On-Nintendo crowd is 'cool'.

Life's short. Stop hating for the sake of it on a forum..

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LastRambo341

The Wii delivered? Yeah to soccer moms and retirement homes.

The console has horrible graphics and shovelware. Not only do PS3 and 360 now have motion sensing (although the PS3 motion sensing is a blatant rip off of the Wii mote), they have better specs to run games at a higher level both graphically and speed.

The fact the Nintendo 3DS has better graphics than the Wii (or the 1st Xbox for that matter) is just sad.

Highgear56

So the Wii delivered to 80 million moms and retirees?? Riggghhhht.

Horrible graphics? Go take a look at Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, The LAST STORY, Sonic Colors, Conduit 2, Red Steel 2 etc. Why is shovelware important for you? DONT BUY THEM

Better specs mean nothing, games can be fun regardless of the power. The PS2 proved that as well as the PS1

3DS hasn't been released yet, so graphics cant be judged yet, so how is it that sad? This isn't Titanic.

Also, the fact that a handheld (NGP) rivals the graphics of Ps3 is quite sad ;) See?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

YEP! I prefer my Wii to my PS3 by a rather large margin. Nintendo is still at the top of their game when it comes to their first party offerings. Also, Nintendo is one of the only publishers not afraid torelease games that are actually challenging (Sin and Punishment, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Punch-Out!!). Most of the HD games focus on the cinematic experience which robs player of gameplay control and difficulty.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LastRambo341
* The exclusives are outstanding, check your precious reviews * Yes, the multiplat isnt that good but it excels in exclusives. Having a 90% multiplat library like PS3/360 isnt exactly a good thing * The Wii can do great graphics, you know that. Some games look better than some HD games. * Online is decent, but needs work * Dont buy the shovelware, how in the world is that a flaw?
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Maroxad

I'm a hardcore PC gamer that has avoided consoles for the last 2 gens, the Wii deserves my respect for being a proper console and providing fun innovative of games I can't get on the PC. The same can't be said with the HD twins that have the same damn multiplats as the pc.

-Skeletor-

This I mostly agree with, the Wii serves the exact same purpose for me, to let me play games I can not access on the PC. However I disagree with the other part, there are still some innovative games on the PS3 and 360. Though that number is low compared to the Wii and especially PC.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Messiahbolical-

So...A. We gonna act like you spent your afternoon picking from a list of 958 games, so you can offer us a factual observation about the quality of the games?orB. You hating on Nintendo, thinking your opinion & taste in games = absolute fact.It don't even matter if i correct every bit of ludicrous claim you made, you won't read.Because by reading your past comments, you got a thing with hating japanese people and ***. stuff. So obviously you're gonna hate on Nintendo. So basically, you have a problem with Japan. C'mon now, don't say it ain't true, considering almost every post you've made about ***. stuff, you hated on. So.. you a racist or something? Man, you're probably one of them boys that thinks CoD is hardcore, and sticking with the Hatin'-On-Nintendo crowd is 'cool'. Life's short. Stop hating for the sake of it on a forum..Lucianu
I don't know where you're getting anything about me hating Japanese products. I own a PS3 and I love it. I only think the "new" Nintendo is a joke compared to the old Nintendo... I don't "hate" them though. I don't take gaming serious enough to "hate" a company.

Btw I actually used to be a huge Nintendo fan. Grew up with the NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube. Loved them and loved the games. I simply don't like the direction they've taken this gen. And okay, you guys tell me the Wii has the most "good" exclusives... I wont argue that. It also has the least "masterpeice" AAA+ exclusives though. And the Wii's multiplat library is a complete joke... I don't think you or any of the other Nintendo fans would argue that. So why dismiss my points and simply call me a Japan hater? Just because you don't like my opinions doesn't mean you should just throw (an irrelevant to the discussion btw)label on me.

If you MUST call me a hater, go ahead. I'll take that as you don't have any valid points to discuss back at me. After all... isn't this System Wars? Isn't bashing the negatives of consoles you don't care for what this forum was built on? ;)

PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

Once i stopped trying to enjoy RE4, the Wii delivered big time. I have a good 7 games just waiting to get into once i'm done with RedSteel2.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

Although the Wii gets alot of blind hate, as we draw near to the end of the generation, I think it really delivered.

Third party support wasn't the best, but we still got some games worth mentioning.

i'll admit things looked bad at the beginning of the gen, but Nintendo released alot of great games for their fans in the end.

The only thing they haven't gotten is StarFox and F-Zero. We have a new Zelda coming , If LS and XB are localised, if we get that new Kirby game and that Pandora's Tower thing turns out to be great (and localised as well), then they would have sealed the deal.

Here's a toast to the Wii , to the year ahead and to all its haters. No matter what you say, it turned out to be a great console in the end.

f

Wii4Fun

I'll toast them once I see Pikmin 3, Star Fox and F-Zero...

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lucianu

I don't know where you're getting anything about me hating Japanese products. I own a PS3 and I love it. I only think the "new" Nintendo is a joke compared to the old Nintendo... I don't "hate" them though. I don't take gaming serious enough to "hate" a company.

Btw I actually used to be a huge Nintendo fan. Grew up with the NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube. Loved them and loved the games. I simply don't like the direction they've taken this gen. And okay, you guys tell me the Wii has the most "good" exclusives... I wont argue that. It also has the least "masterpeice" AAA+ exclusives though. And the Wii's multiplat library is a complete joke... I don't think you or any of the other Nintendo fans would argue that. So why dismiss my points and simply call me a Japan hater? Just because you don't like my opinions doesn't mean you should just throw (an irrelevant to the discussion btw)label on me.

If you MUST call me a hater, go ahead. I'll take that as you don't have any valid points to discuss back at me. After all... isn't this System Wars? Isn't bashing the negatives of consoles you don't care for what this forum was built on? ;)

Messiahbolical-

Damn it, that's a good post. I was expecting a counter-rant with some childish insults sprinkled over, so i could of had some fun. Why didn't you make a similar post back then? Oh well, at least you're more knowledgeable then i expected.

Yes, it does have a pathetic line-up of multiplats, and this year the situation regarding multiplats are grim. But that's why i have a mid to high end PC. I can play 97% of all multiplats on my PC, at max. settings, without the slightest bit of problems. I will miss the HD twins 360/PS3 exclusives, and i would love to play Vanquish, and so many incredible games that are exclusive to the HD twins..

But i can honestly tell you i do have many alternatives, and i can tweak on my PC any game i want, and play most of everything i want. If i, for example, want something more unique, i'm going towards the Wii.. and i won't be missing on any multiplats comming this year. It really seems like the best combo one can have, is a PC + Wii combo.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]So...A. We gonna act like you spent your afternoon picking from a list of 958 games, so you can offer us a factual observation about the quality of the games?orB. You hating on Nintendo, thinking your opinion & taste in games = absolute fact.It don't even matter if i correct every bit of ludicrous claim you made, you won't read.Because by reading your past comments, you got a thing with hating japanese people and ***. stuff. So obviously you're gonna hate on Nintendo. So basically, you have a problem with Japan. C'mon now, don't say it ain't true, considering almost every post you've made about ***. stuff, you hated on. So.. you a racist or something? Man, you're probably one of them boys that thinks CoD is hardcore, and sticking with the Hatin'-On-Nintendo crowd is 'cool'. Life's short. Stop hating for the sake of it on a forum..Messiahbolical-

The old Nintendo was last place, theres nothing wrong with the new Nintendo. They're appealing to all ages and all gamer types and they're getting sales, how is that a bad thing? The AAA+ thing is determined by people's view and you know that. Scores are irrelevant.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

Lucianu

Damn it, that's a good post. I was expecting a counter-rant with some childish insults sprinkled over, so i could of had some fun. Why didn't you make a similar post back then? Oh well, at least you're more knowledgeable then i expected.

Yes, it does have a pathetic line-up of multiplats, and this year the situation regarding multiplats are grim. But that's why i have a mid to high end PC. I can play 97% of all multiplats on my PC, at max. settings, without the slightest bit of problems. I will miss the HD twins 360/PS3 exclusives, and i would love to play Vanquish, and so many incredible games that are exclusive to the HD twins..

But i can honestly tell you i do have many alternatives, and i can tweak on my PC any game i want, and play most of everything i want. If i, for example, want something more unique, i'm going towards the Wii.. and i won't be missing on any multiplats comming this year. It really seems like the best combo one can have, is a PC + Wii combo.

Okay, you loving the Wii makes a lot more sense now that you reveal you own a gaming PC. I can respect that combo. The Wii does have some good games that I've played myself and I can see why someone would own one in combination with another system, especially a gaming PC. I wont deny this... lol. My opinion is that the Wii is a poor console to own by itself, due to the multiplat library and poor online. I may seem critical at times, but that's just how I am. I give credit where it's due and I listen to other people's points. If someone brings up a legitimate positive about the Wii, I wont dismiss it. I think the Wii could have been an amazing console for core gamers if only Nintendo lived up to their pre-Wii release promise of having comparable graphics to the 360/PS3. Instead, the Wii alienated 3rd party devs by making it so hard to get ports to run on the Wii. And although the Wii DOES have good games(I'm not dismissing that), I just think it's a poor choice for single-console owning core gamers like me and overall just a personal disappointment due to my history of loving Nintendo's past products. I just don't like seeing them and the other companies making casual gamers their priority... That's just my opinion.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

It has probably got about the same amount of good exclusives as the GC so lets not get carried away here, further more for me at least I haven't seen this motion controller (which is the reason I paid so much more for old technology) being used any more creatively in its life than what was patched on for Twilight Princess.

Nintendo delivered some great games this gen, but their console has been more disappointing with each passing year, I really hope they fix the problems with the Wii remote next generation (like lack of buttons and the ones it has being awkwardly placed).

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Messiahbolical-
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] The old Nintendo was last place, theres nothing wrong with the new Nintendo. They're appealing to all ages and all gamer types and they're getting sales, how is that a bad thing? The AAA+ thing is determined by people's view and you know that. Scores are irrelevant.

Old Nintendo may have been last place in sales, but it was first place in my eyes back then due to the masterpieces(for the time) they would release. Nintendo, to me, used to be a name that always meant the highest quality out there. Their first party games were pretty much guaranteed AAA status at one point in time. And their games were the most memorable. However now it doesn't seem quite the same. Their first party games(aside from Mario) just don't seem to reach that same kind of universal acclaim that they used to and they focus a lot of their time and money on casual stuff like Wii Fit which I'm not too fond of. Sure some people like it, but personally I would rather them focus that time on making some new core IPs.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I have to agree...I am getting close to 50 games for the system and there so many more I would love to get, but lack of money keeps me from getting. :(
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] The old Nintendo was last place, theres nothing wrong with the new Nintendo. They're appealing to all ages and all gamer types and they're getting sales, how is that a bad thing? The AAA+ thing is determined by people's view and you know that. Scores are irrelevant.Messiahbolical-
Old Nintendo may have been last place in sales, but it was first place in my eyes back then due to the masterpieces(for the time) they would release. Nintendo, to me, used to be a name that always meant the highest quality out there. Their first party games were pretty much guaranteed AAA status at one point in time. And their games were the most memorable. However now it doesn't seem quite the same. Their first party games(aside from Mario) just don't seem to reach that same kind of universal acclaim that they used to and they focus a lot of their time and money on casual stuff like Wii Fit which I'm not too fond of. Sure some people like it, but personally I would rather them focus that time on making some new core IPs.

Yea first place in your eyes, but bad business for them. Universal accliam? People change, dude. Focus a lot on those casual stuff? Where have you been? Have you seen E3 2009 and 2010? They're doing what it takes to get money to make new IPs.