The Wii needs to die.

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

Calling the Wii "Bad for gaming" is honestly the most ignorant thing I've ever heard (in regards to video games).

Nintendo is trying to move gaming forward, yet we're calling it "bad for gaming". How stupid.
Deactivation

whathesaid

Odsplut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Odsplut
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

Wii isn't killing anything but Sony and MS in competition. The market is what is important to these companies, stop spouting this "elitist" crap cause you're on a forum with many of the same kind of gamers. So a Wii owner can be "hardcore" too. *points to self*

yoshi_64

Couldn't agree more.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts

I'm starting to think, that only older games truly understand the worth of the wii. I'm going to bet that majority of gamers who are complaining about wii's graphics and what impact it has on gaming are the ones who started gaming in the PSX era.
I've been gaming since the NES era, the freaking NES era, and I've noticed some bad changes in the market over the years. people who have seen gaming over the years will definitely agree, that gaming is going down the hill. gaming back then was care free. developers actually took risks, that would better the experience for the people who play there games.

developers of today keep putting out crud, thats so clique a young teen or child wouldn't Evan notice there main goal. I think young kids would agree that graphics is the main feature of a fun experience, but older people who are wise enough would agree its the how you play the games. I would also agree that young teens would be satisfied with the influx of same old first person shooter, violent type games, rather than a diversity of games. Then again I'm not going to say all young teens, since there's teens who prefer a different type of game, something with "fun" as the highlight of their gaming experience. Nintendo wii is just that. people who truly don't understand the wii are people who haven't been in the market long enough, to notice whats been happening to gaming.

gaming of today could be compared to the current changes and state of the music and movie industry. anyone old enough would agree that music of today isn't as good as music back then. have you even sat in the movie theater and watched trailers of upcoming movies and noticed that these movies are either "cg animal movies", "comic book movies", "video game movies", "horror movies"? have you ever thought to yourself "whatever happen to originality in movies" originality in video games of today is comparable to that of the movie and music industry of today.

originality and innovation is currently lacking. developers are basically putting out what they think will sell 1 million, rather than put out what might be fun and original. Nintendo philosophy is just that. yeah, Nintendo is going after the casuals, but there also going after gamers who originally gamed back in the days, but stopped because the industry doesn't offer that originality it us to have back then. Nintendo was even quoted to say that developers are only focusing on making pretty graphics, rather than putting fun back into video games. i would have to agree with them 100%, since i who have been gaming back then have been feeling like something has been missing in gaming since the psx-n64 era.

I'm glad Nintendo made this move, and many should respect Nintendo for this drastic change. Do we need 3 consoles in the market, that offer just graphics, that share the same third-party games, that also expensive, that doesnt offera different experiences from the other 2 consoles?

Then again i remember hate like this for the Nintendo Ds when that first came out. i remember when people complained that the Ds didn't have games, then look what happen! Today the Nintendo Ds offer a gaming experience thats unmatched by any other handheld, or even console for that matter. diversity is the key to a consoles success, and the xbox360 and the ps3 doesn't currently offer.

Tohru_Readman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Tohru_Readman
Member since 2006 • 450 Posts

I kind of agree, the Wii has no proper online gaming, tons of mini games, but few that have depth and the only people that come in to buy it at work only buy it for Wii Sports and parties.

But, if Nintendo start to bring out better games that are only for the Wii and do something for those of us who enjoying online gaming. It might change my mine, and make me re-buy one.

SA--X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SA--X
Member since 2007 • 340 Posts

I kind of agree, the Wii has no proper online gaming, tons of mini games, but few that have depth and the only people that come in to buy it at work only buy it for Wii Sports and parties.

But, if Nintendo start to bring out better games that are only for the Wii and do something for those of us who enjoying online gaming. It might change my mine, and make me re-buy one.

Tohru_Readman

I guess tons is now the unit that stands for 6?

Crimson540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Crimson540
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
I'm tired of all this bs about the Wii. All your complaining will not help, because Nintendo is just going to sell more and more consoles. Now, I have both a 360 and a Wii, and I enjoy the 360 ahundred times better. The Wii is boring to me. It's not my type of console. I really do not like motion sensing. The only time I ever have fun with it is when I play multiplayer on Wii Sports or WarioWare. I remember Nintendo saying last winter that they were going in a new, different direction with gaming. You people have to realize that Nintendo is in a different category. They don't belong in the same group as Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo just wants to bring something new and innovative that all people will enjoy.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#107 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

First off let me just state that I owna Gamecube and N64.

Nowlet me just saythat it is sad that the Wii is being bought so much and enjoyed apparently. I haven't read or heard anyone bash it. But from what I'ved played and seen of it, I have to a conclude that the Wii is just bad for gaming it doesn't do anything but to say its different and have last gen graphics.

I really think people are missing out on the better choice of the360 which has tons of fun games.The PS3 is too expensive right now but even at the high price it is at now it is still a better choice than theWii.

Wii does nothing but dumb down gaming.

Come on Nintendo spend a little of those DS billions and give Nintendo fans a real Next gen console.

-Ninja_Dog-

What you said about haven't seen no one bash the Wii here is a weird statement...Now Wii being bad for gaming could be true, although the Wii has really bad graphics, bad games and Last-Gen resources...People have the guts to say that the Wii is NEXT-GEN come on people let's all get real here....Come on....The Original Xbox is much more powerful than the ugly Wii....

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

I'm starting to think, that only older games truly understand the worth of the wii. I'm going to bet that majority of gamers who are complaining about wii's graphics and what impact it has on gaming are the ones who started gaming in the PSX era.
I've been gaming since the NES era, the freaking NES era, and I've noticed some bad changes in the market over the years. people who have seen gaming over the years will definitely agree, that gaming is going down the hill. gaming back then was care free. developers actually took risks, that would better the experience for the people who play there games.

developers of today keep putting out crud, thats so clique a young teen or child wouldn't Evan notice there main goal. I think young kids would agree that graphics is the main feature of a fun experience, but older people who are wise enough would agree its the how you play the games. I would also agree that young teens would be satisfied with the influx of same old first person shooter, violent type games, rather than a diversity of games. Then again I'm not going to say all young teens, since there's teens who prefer a different type of game, something with "fun" as the highlight of their gaming experience. Nintendo wii is just that. people who truly don't understand the wii are people who haven't been in the market long enough, to notice whats been happening to gaming.

gaming of today could be compared to the current changes and state of the music and movie industry. anyone old enough would agree that music of today isn't as good as music back then. have you even sat in the movie theater and watched trailers of upcoming movies and noticed that these movies are either "cg animal movies", "comic book movies", "video game movies", "horror movies"? have you ever thought to yourself "whatever happen to originality in movies" originality in video games of today is comparable to that of the movie and music industry of today.

originality and innovation is currently lacking. developers are basically putting out what they think will sell 1 million, rather than put out what might be fun and original. Nintendo philosophy is just that. yeah, Nintendo is going after the casuals, but there also going after gamers who originally gamed back in the days, but stopped because the industry doesn't offer that originality it us to have back then. Nintendo was even quoted to say that developers are only focusing on making pretty graphics, rather than putting fun back into video games. i would have to agree with them 100%, since i who have been gaming back then have been feeling like something has been missing in gaming since the psx-n64 era.

I'm glad Nintendo made this move, and many should respect Nintendo for this drastic change. Do we need 3 consoles in the market, that offer just graphics, that share the same third-party games, that also expensive, that doesnt offera different experiences from the other 2 consoles?

Then again i remember hate like this for the Nintendo Ds when that first came out. i remember when people complained that the Ds didn't have games, then look what happen! Today the Nintendo Ds offer a gaming experience thats unmatched by any other handheld, or even console for that matter. diversity is the key to a consoles success, and the xbox360 and the ps3 doesn't currently offer.

Rahnyc4

it'strue.Ialsohavebeenplayingsincethenesandhavewatchedsystemschangeandexpand...notalwaysforthebestthoughsothat'swhyisupporttheWii

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

No, people who think the Wii is hurting gaming need to die. Slowly.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DeadMan1290

No, people who think the Wii is hurting gaming need to die. Slowly.

Verge_6

Now, I disagree wishing death to anybody ain't a good idea, desides we're all here to express our opinions and say how much the Wii sucks....That's it there's ppl here who say the 360 sux that's ok and there's ppl here who say that the PS3 sux and that's ok....So learn to accept other ppls opinion...

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]

creativeminded

it'strue.Ialsohavebeenplayingsincethenesandhavewatchedsystemschangeandexpand...notalwaysforthebestthoughsothat'swhyisupporttheWii

I have to admit you bothgot a point I've also beenplaying since NES era, although i don't support the Wii, I think you guys are right...

JMart0492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#112 JMart0492
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

I really think people are missing out on the better choice of the360 which has tons of fun games.

-Ninja_Dog-

You mean tons of fun FPS. No thanks, I'll pass.

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts

No the Wii is doing just fine,the great games are coming late summer early fall,and besides having 3 graphical powerhouses would be to boring we needed something like the Wii to come along and **ck us all up.

kook_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 kook_U
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

hmmmm hard to kill gaming when your saleing millions of consoles, graphics are fine i still play ps1 sometimes who cares about graphics,graphics don't make a good game at all Ps3 games suck yet they have good graphics.