The truth about the Wii, 360, and PS3

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts

Wii:
Has the worst graphics of the new current gen systems. Has a hefty supply of shovelware, but does have a few diamonds in the rough( some of those diamonds are on PS2). Not a gamer console, but a casual console. Something to get your feet wet, but nothing on the console will give you the full experience of next-gen gaming. More than likely if you post here, Wii is your secondary console. D-

360:
Very unreliable hardware, in fact, the worst hardware malfunction in history. Not getting your money's worth with such crappy hardware. Gaming library on paper is the "best"; however, you'll get the feeling that maybe only 1 or 2 games are worth having an Xbox360 right now. The number one game on XBL is a 10 month old game call COD4. This is evident that the library is just average. Still, 360 is years ahead of the Wii. You will get the next-gen experience with Xbox360. C+

PS3:
The best value for your money. Not only it's a gaming machine, but a blu-ray player with built in wi-fi and blu-tooth. Gaming library is subpar, and new gaming titles are constantly getting push back with slow productions. Despite Sony's history, PS3 is very reliable. With the exception of MGS4, very few good Sony third party exclusive are available. This has to change in the near future. If you can conceive what next-gen experience is, then you'll probably thinking about the PS3. B+

loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loganh92
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
It's truthful...ish...but you need that flame shield pic about now.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
while i like ur input and how the ps3 is in fact hardware wise, better than the 360 u fail to mention online which ultimately is why the 360 owns.
Richard_V2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Richard_V2
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts
YEEEAAAAH!!!! GO BIAS!!!
DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DragonFlyJ

while i like ur input and how the ps3 is in fact hardware wise, better than the 360 u fail to mention online which ultimately is why the 360 owns. Microsoft1234

No need to fabricate a story telling people that online is important, when it really isn't because all three systems supportit. It's a moot point.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

YEEEAAAAH!!!! GO BIAS!!!Richard_V2

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not ( sarcasm meter is broken ) but, it looks to me like he put all the systems down equally.

wally2nv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 wally2nv
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts
fanboy why did u give 360 and wii bad scores and ps3 the best? wii is 1st xbox is 2nd and ps3 is 3rd what are you saying and plus ps3's libary isnt even that good 1 word my friend...........cow
craftieman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 craftieman05
Member since 2008 • 349 Posts
pretty good post. Liked how it was pretty unbiased. People might say it is but it really ain't.
LordVanil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LordVanil
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

ORLY?

~V

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

360:
Very unreliable hardware, in fact, the worst hardware malfunction in history. Not getting your money's worth with such crappy hardware. Gaming library on paper is the "best"; however, you'll get the feeling that maybe only 1 or 2 games are worth having an Xbox360 right now. The number one game on XBL is a 10 month old game call COD4. This is evident that the library is just average. Still, 360 is years ahead of the Wii. You will get the next-gen experience with Xbox360. C+

DragonFlyJ
Interesting that you say that, I own over 35 and have played over 90.
wally2nv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wally2nv
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

Wii:
Has the worst graphics of the new current gen systems. Has a hefty supply of shovelware, but does have a few diamonds in the rough( some of those diamonds are on PS2). Not a gamer console, but a casual console. Something to get your feet wet, but nothing on the console will give you the full experience of next-gen gaming. More than likely if you post here, Wii is your secondary console. D-

360:

PS3:
The best value for your money. Not only it's a gaming machine, but a blu-ray player with built in wi-fi and blu-tooth. Gaming library is subpar, and new gaming titles are constantly getting push back with slow productions. Despite Sony's history, PS3 is very reliable. With the exception of MGS4, very few good Sony third party exclusive are available. This has to change in the near future. If you can conceive what next-gen experience is, then you'll probably thinking about the PS3. B+

DragonFlyJ
oh yea i almost forgot who the hell are you to tell us what console is what?
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
"This just in. System Wars posters, biased. The full story at 11:00"
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

wow finally the 11 year olds come out to whine:roll:.

really its just his opinion. you don't have to believe it and his opinions have no affect on others.(unless you really are that kinda person?):?

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"]while i like ur input and how the ps3 is in fact hardware wise, better than the 360 u fail to mention online which ultimately is why the 360 owns. DragonFlyJ

No need to fabricate a story telling people that online is important, when it really isn't because all three systems supportit. It's a moot point.

That doesn't make it a moot point. They all support it, but the quality varies vastly.

Avatar image for SpaceMountain86
SpaceMountain86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SpaceMountain86
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

Wii:

360:

PS3:

DragonFlyJ

Ooooh. Who gave you the crown of gaming expert? I would like to be blessed with your knowledge and expertise, sir. *Pfffh* Sod off, your two cents is as worthless as the next guy's. The only thing I agree with you on is Microsoft's inabilty to produce reliable hardware.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

360:
you'll get the feeling that maybe only 1 or 2 games are worth having an Xbox360 right now

DragonFlyJ

What ?

Pretty 'truthful' though.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonFlyJ"]

360:

white_sox

I agree. I have around the same amount and enjoyed them all.

but overall pretty good post TC

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
I say straight B's.. Nothing can be an A yet.
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts
so ps3's extra features make up for the non existant library of awesome games? i guess that would make the ps3 a feature console not a games console therfore 360 winz !!!
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Wii - slightly harsh, but slightly valid. You've also got the value for money, the unique controls and the console comes at gaming from a different angle then the norm. Some people reguard the change of direction as "casual" some see it for what it is...fun.

360 - 16% failure rate, but a three year warranty and generally a fast turn around on repairs. Overall probably the greatest gaming console on the market. Strong game library supported by a great online interface that is ideal for the home console market. It is now (I think) the cheapest console/best value for money on the market as well?

PS3 - The most expensive console on the market could also be viewed as the best value for money depending on point of view. A slow start, a bad start, but now the console has a solid enough gaming libruary and benefits from a free online service.

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 my_name_is_ron
Member since 2005 • 5549 Posts
i don;'t really understand how you've rated the xbox c- because of the hardware issues (which have now been solved) yet given the ps3 a b+ because it has loads of unnecessary extras
mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

I have PS3 and I am satisfied with it.

Courently I have no interest in Wii or Xbox.

But who knows, maybe that can change one day.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts
hmm i wouldnt give the wii D-, and i wouldnt rate ps3 higher than xbox360 until its major lineup of games have been released cos in fact, xbox360 still at this very moment in time has the better games library. they should be equal more like
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
i dont usually say this about a thread, but this thread is pathetic.
lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts

Very nice,honest and factfull thread !

And about XBL.People always try to exaggerate what they own.Fans always try to fabricate stories.Online really doesnt matter.I never had ANY problem with PSN.What is so special about XBL anyway ? Nothing that really matters :).

KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

Wii - slightly harsh, but slightly valid. You've also got the value for money, the unique controls and the console comes at gaming from a different angle then the norm. Some people reguard the change of direction as "casual" some see it for what it is...fun.

360 - 16% failure rate, but a three year warranty and generally a fast turn around on repairs. Overall probably the greatest gaming console on the market. Strong game library supported by a great online interface that is ideal for the home console market. It is now (I think) the cheapest console/best value for money on the market as well?

PS3 - The most expensive console on the market could also be viewed as the best value for money depending on point of view. A slow start, a bad start, but now the console has a solid enough gaming libruary and benefits from a free online service.

angryfodder

Threadstarter had some good points but the quoted is definitely 100% on point though. I can see how the 360 got a C+ from threadstarter the failure rate probably dropped it a full grade otherwise it could have gotten a B. My 360 failed on me twice, my PS3 is in running condition since day 1, I had a Wii and sold it to a co-worker for $150 I thought it was weak IMO I enjoyed the Gamecube much more even though I was one of the few people who had it.

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
The most unbiased overview of the three consoles I've seen so far. The PS3 is definitely the way to go. Blu-ray, fantastic games, free online, the most advanced yet most reliable hardware.
happydude93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 happydude93
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

bias much?

DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonFlyJ

My post is bias to the system that gives you the best value. If you want to know why 360 recieved a C+ instead of a B was the fact it's unreliable. What good is a gaming system if it doesn't work. Hell, what good is anything if it doesn't work? On top of that, the stress having one knowingly it could crap out on you anytime.

The purpose of this post was to show the true "value" of each system. I know people will cry because their system isn't number 1, but that's not the point. If you ask me what new-gen system has the best value for your money, I would give you this post. Maybe the ones who disagree are bias?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Yet my PS3 is still unplugged with no games to play on it right now. After MGS4 it has been in a state of dormant.

Well my Wii and 360 are still getting playtime.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts
Ya know you could have saved a bunch of time by just saying: I am a Sony loyalist and the most important thing about a VG console is it must have the word "Sony" on it somewhere. :lol:
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

It's truthful...ish...but you need that flame shield pic about now.loganh92

There's nothing true about this and the only reason you agree is because you're a cow too! :lol:

lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts

[QUOTE="loganh92"]It's truthful...ish...but you need that flame shield pic about now.xsubtownerx

There's nothing true about this and the only reason you agree is because you're a cow too! :lol:

Why jealouse ? TC has given his facts and prove for what he has written.It is indeed truth full.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="loganh92"]It's truthful...ish...but you need that flame shield pic about now.lesner87

Why jealouse ? TC has given his facts and prove for what he has written.It is indeed truth full.

Only 1 or 2 games worth playing from the 360 library? You think there's truth to that? Get outta here. :lol:

chazasul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37 chazasul
Member since 2003 • 3852 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonFlyJ"]

360:

white_sox

Yeah, TC seems to have trouble understanding that he isn't everyone. The post is typed out like it's all fact.

DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonFlyJ
[QUOTE="lesner87"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="loganh92"]It's truthful...ish...but you need that flame shield pic about now.xsubtownerx

Only 1 or 2 games worth plaing from the 360 library? You think there's truth to that? Get outta here. :lol:

This is call quoting out of context. The sentence goes, MAYBE only 1 or 2 games are worth having an Xbox360. Clearly, the sentence was an opinion with the possibility of being true, yet you take it as a sound statement... Then, you create this fallacy that because one argument is disputed the whole context of my post is invalid.

havenshadow07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 havenshadow07
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

Another board of people arguing back and forth...Anyway, I did like your post although IMO it is bias toward the PS3. My guess would be you own a PS3 and therefore you are bias toward it. I own a 360 and thus am bias about it, not afraid to admit.

The PS3 although with superior hardware lacks a good library and online play.

The 360 did have a rather rocky start due to its hardware issues but they have been fixed. The 65nm chips were installed as of july in '06 cooling the system down and reducing the chance of that evil red ring. The library IMO is better than the other two consoles and the online play has a better feel.

The wii gets a tip of my hat for being innovative and giving the gaming community something new in terms of the way you play a game. As for the online functions I honestly know very little and the library is OK but certainly not great.

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
The Xbox360 is inferior with it's library.
-RROD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -RROD-
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts

Good post Tc

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

lesner87

360:
you'll get the feeling that maybe only 1 or 2 games are worth having an Xbox360 right now

DragonFlyJ

Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts

Well if your opinion was truely unbiased you'd have most people agreeing with you and not just the posters who are known to be pro-Sony.

You've made your bias all too obvious.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xsubtownerx

This is call quoting out of context. The sentence goes, MAYBE only 1 or 2 games are worth having an Xbox360. Clearly, the sentence was an opinion with the possibility of being true, yet you take it as a sound statement... Then, you create this fallacy that because one argument is disputed the whole context of my post is invalid.

DragonFlyJ

Your whole post is based on opinion. You provided no facts, only opinion. We all know the extra things the PS3 comes with, but you do pay much more for it than the other consoles. Why didn't you mention this? You praise the PS3 library yet say the 360 library isn't good. Even tho 90% of the games are shared and the 360 has more AA-AAA exclusives than the PS3. I can go on with every biased thing you had to say but I think in the end it'll be pointless..

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

Wii:

360:

PS3:

DragonFlyJ

I agree but try not to sound too bias. BTW the 360 has a good library of games.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Wii:

360:

PS3:

DragonFlyJ

moooo!

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts
It just me, or does it seem most people like the older generation better? Also his grades didn't seem to match his summaries of the systems.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
That was pretty biased TC. You said this is the truth but you've already admitted that what you said was just your oppinion, and you ignored many things like online.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
while i like ur input and how the ps3 is in fact hardware wise, better than the 360 u fail to mention online which ultimately is why the 360 owns. Microsoft1234
Yes but PS3 has wireless internet and is free. And I'm not being bias at all b/c I don't even own a PS3 and 360 is my only nextgen console. Games that are known for great online gaming are the ones I'll get for PS3. I know XBL is the much bettercnsole online gaming service but free is free and everything XBL does is much better on the PC. Including the fact that all FPSs including Halo 3 are better on PC. BUT the OT did forget to mention a problem I have with the PS3, backwards compatibility. That is actually the reason why I chose a 360 over PS3. Now ppl might say 'Why get a nextgen system based on the ability to play old games.' Well PS2's lineup and many times better than PS3's and I'm not going to get a system with very few good games and with the inability to play MANY MANY great PS2 games that I haven't been able to play thanks to my PS2 breaking.
DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DragonFlyJ
[QUOTE="DragonFlyJ"]

xsubtownerx

Your whole post is based on opinion. You provided no facts, only opinion. We all know the extra things the PS3 comes with, but you do pay much more for it than the other consoles. Why didn't you mention this? You praise the PS3 library yet say the 360 library isn't good. Even tho 90% of the games are shared and the 360 has more AA-AAAexclusives than the PS3. I can go on with every biased thing you had to say but I think in the end it'll be pointless..

Where did I praise the PS3 library? :| I even called it subpar... I expected this. People don't know how to react when the truth is presented. Most, will shun the truth to defend their own lies (cognitive dissonance).