The true next gen console releases in March 2013 (OUYA thread!)

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

ouya.jpg

OUYA (cost: USD 99)

http://www.ouya.tv/

What is next gen about it?

Well, certainly not the power. As you can see its tiny and it will be extremely power efficient. That doesnt mean its gonna be weak though as it has Tegra 3 inside and in terms of power it is close to PS360, so be prepared for proper 3D games. It will also be able to play most multiplats even after PS4 and XBOX 720 arrive, because it will include onLive.

The most important part is that it is going to be completely open platform that everyone will be allowed to develop games for. Every single game will have to be playable for free (either in the form of a demo iversion, or in the way like League of Legends or Team Fortress 2 are).

But what Im looking forward the most will be independent games, because such open platform is a treat for developers and we will probably see tons of original and innovative games on it.

The controller features a touchpad (the large circle in the middle) which allows for some interesting gameplay possibilities.

inb4 "old" - it doesnt get any love here in SW although it should so it deserves its own thread.

example of graphics optimized for nVidia Tegra 3:

screen_shadowgun_08.jpg

nova1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBl-goBrWno

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Garbage, irrelevant, doesn't exist to me.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Ou YA!

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

I doubt anybody in SW care about that rubbish.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Look at that D-Pad. All the best designs are obviously patented to death.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

psymon100
That's a D-pad? Thought it was a third analog stick LOL
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Wonder will people actually make games for it or just hack/mod/pirate ROMs on it.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
This won't turn out well. I bet it receives the most complaints from consumers ever in the history of the games industry. I bet lawsuits arise from this thing.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

psymon100
That is unfortunately the case. Nintendo has the plus sign DPad patented, and Sony has the plus sign without a center patented (because Sony copied Nintendo, surprise, surprise). No other controller I have used has had as good of a DPad as either of those controllers
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

I think I'll pass.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Next gen isn't here despite what some people on here say. The Wii U is not a next gen console from what I have seen, it's just current gen with tablet controller. Next gen starts when there is a jump in tech.

People that say it's when a new console launches are wrong, by that logic if someone realesed a system with the specs of an N64 would you consider it next gen as well? No you wouldn't. The Wii U is not next gen, next gen will only start with PS4 and the next Xbox.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlbecekBobecek

Wonder will people actually make games for it or just hack/mod/pirate ROMs on it.locopatho

I fear not that noone will actually make games for it, but exactly the opposite - that there will be too much shovelware and not enough AAA titles. It looks quite good though as they have decent developers backing them up and tons of devs are already familliar with the Tegra 3 hardware.

I think we cant expect extremely high profile games like Halo or Uncharted to be released on OUYA because they will not be able to afford such budget, but that leaves a lot of space for real creativity as opposed to safe bets that the large publishers are taking.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11816 Posts

I wonder if retailers like gamestop will actually sell it :lol:

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlbecekBobecek

Next gen isn't here despite what some people on here say. The Wii U is not a next gen console from what I have seen, it's just current gen with tablet controller. Next gen starts when there is a jump in tech.

People that say it's when a new console launches are wrong, by that logic if someone realesed a system with the specs of an N64 would you consider it next gen as well? No you wouldn't. The Wii U is not next gen, next gen will only start with PS4 and the next Xbox.

ShadowMoses900

PS4 and next xbox wont be most likely much more powerfull than Wii U. Also - what is next gen in doing the same you did last gen only with higher resolution and better textures?

I think Nintendo Wii U and this OUYA are each next gen in their own way, because they are responding to what gaming has become this gen and are trying to find new ways for it. More power is not the way to go anymore. You cant make similar jump like the one from 8bits to 16bits or the one from 16bits to 3D, because the technology simply isnt here. Even if Sony or MS decided to put cutting edge stuff in their next consoles (and they wont, thats for sure) the difference would be so small that most people would barely even notice.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

ShadowMoses900

At worst, Wii-U's hardware power is equal to the PS3 and the 360. As stated countless times, console gens are defined by times of release, and not by tech jumps. And on the topic of tech jumps, Wii-U is a fairly decent jump away from Nintendo's previous console, Wii...

Also, how come you're back?

Face it, you may hate it and all, but resisiting the SW is impossible! :twisted:

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Rocker6

At worst, Wii-U's hardware power is equal to the PS3 and the 360. As stated countless times, console gens are defined by times of release, and not by tech jumps. And on the topic of tech jumps, Wii-U is a fairly decent jump away from Nintendo's previous console, Wii...

Face it, you may hate it and all, but resisiting the SW is impossible! :twisted:

It is not defined by times of release, maybe to you on SW but to me it is when their is actual jump in quality and tech. The Wii U is a current gen system that will become a last gen system when the next Xbox releases.

I rarely post here anymore, this thread is not a fanboy thread so it's fine for now.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Tegra 3 is crap and ment for tablets. Which have sub HD displays.

If you wanna play tablet games on your big screen TV I could see the appeal.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlbecekBobecek

Truth_Hurts_U

Actually Tegra 3 equipped HTC One X has 1280*720 display, which is more than most PS360 games run at. ;)

There will be no problem with big screen.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Truth_Hurts_U

Actually Tegra 3 equipped HTC One X has 1280*720 display, which is more than most PS360 games run at. ;)

BlbecekBobecek

Go play a game that is modern on it with low settings and see how it runs at 720p... :lol:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
LMFAO. Are people dumb enough to actually buy into the Ouya?
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

ShadowMoses900

It is the successor to the Wii which was a seventh gen console, therefore it is an eight generation console.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BlbecekBobecek

[QUOTE="BlbecekBobecek"]

Truth_Hurts_U

Go play a game that is modern on it with low settings and see how it runs at 720p... :lol:

I dont get your point. I got HTC One X and Im already playing 3D games (like those in the screenshots) on it in 720p. They run good.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

PhazonBlazer

It is the successor to the Wii which was a seventh gen console, therefore it is an eight generation console.

It's current gen. It's basically a 360 with a tablet. I don't consider it next gen.

Like i said, if they released a new system with the same specs as an N64 would you consider it next gen as well? Next gen has not arrived yet, the Wii is a last gen system and the Wii U is only current gen, soon to become last gen with the release of the next Xbox and PS4.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

It is not defined by times of release, maybe to you on SW but to me it is when their is actual jump in quality and tech. The Wii U is a current gen system that will become a last gen system when the next Xbox releases.

I rarely post here anymore, this thread is not a fanboy thread so it's fine for now.

You're wrong:

The Nintendo Wii U is the first console of the Eighth generation, released on November 18 2012 in North America, November 30 2012 in Europe and December 8 2012 in Japan. It is also compatible with all games and peripherals of its predecessor and is the first home console available in black or white colors since launch.Wikipedia

Source

Furthermore, what makes you think PS4 and Nextbox will be huge tech jumps over current gen consoles?

The console market is going through changes, it's not all about power, it's about accessibility. A good share of modern gamers don't care much about technicalities, which is best proven by the success of Wii, and Kinect. It's much likely MS and Sony will focus on less powerful and lower priced hardware, which would let them be profitable per console sale right from the start...

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Truth_Hurts_U

I dont get your point. I got HTC One X and Im already playing 3D games (like those in the screenshots) on it in 720p. They run good.

BlbecekBobecek

960 x 640 is the res of "optimized" games. Right click the screens and properties.

They don't look good at all. Tablet quality... Which is what I said. Enjoy.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

You're wrong:

The Nintendo Wii U is the first console of the Eighth generation, released on November 18 2012 in North America, November 30 2012 in Europe and December 8 2012 in Japan. It is also compatible with all games and peripherals of its predecessor and is the first home console available in black or white colors since launch.Wikipedia

Source

Furthermore, what makes you think PS4 and Nextbox will be huge tech jumps over current gen consoles?

The console market is going through changes, it's not all about power, it's about accessibility. A good share of modern gamers don't care much about technicalities, which is best proven by the success of Wii, and Kinect. It's much likely MS and Sony will focus on less powerful and lower priced hardware, which would let them be profitable per console sale right from the start...

So wikipedia is proof now? A site anyone can edit? Sorry pal, but the Wii U is only current gen. The next Xbox and PS4 are going to be more powerful than the Wii U that's for sure. It might not be a big jump, but it will be big enough.

I don't care what wikipedia says, Wii U is not next gen.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

You're wrong:

Source

So wikipedia is proof now? A site anyone can edit? Sorry pal, but the Wii U is only current gen. The next Xbox and PS4 are going to be more powerful than the Wii U that's for sure. It might not be a big jump, but it will be big enough.

Here you go

A generation isn't defined by technology, it's a matter of succession from one console to another.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

The idea that the Wii-U is not a jump in tech or quality is laughable. It has significantly more RAAM than the PS3 or the 360. It has a better GPU. It has a decent CPU. It has Blu-Ray, which was not around in '05. It has a tablet controller, again, not possible in '05. The hardware is, objectively, better. Anyone claiming otherwise is either a fool who is ignorant of what the Wii-U is or a blind fanboy.
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BlbecekBobecek

[QUOTE="BlbecekBobecek"]

Truth_Hurts_U

960 x 640 is the res of "optimized" games. Right click the screens and properties.

They don't look good at all. Tablet quality... Which is what I said. Enjoy.

Its not Uncharted graphically obviously, but its much closer to PS360 than it is to the Wii, so I dont see problem in graphical department. The OUYA also shall have double the RAM compared to PS360.

If you are referring to the overall quality of the games, keep in mind that tablet games are what they are because you cant control them properly on a tablet. When the devs will know that all of their customers have proper gamepad they will b able to make proper games.

The point is - and I admit that it might be tough to realize at this point in time - that OUYA is basically a classic console that is almost as powerful as PS360 in terms of graphics (i.e. much more powerful than Wii) and devs will finally have their hands untied for development. I see TONS of potential in this approach.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

You're wrong:

Source

It is, Wii-U is a tech jump from Wii, a 7th gen console, just like Wii was a tech jump from Gamecube, a 6th gen console,...

Or wait, do you wish to argue only Sony and MS consoles count when defining generations?

Are you not familiar with the term "Big Three" ?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

You're wrong:

[quote="Wikipedia"]The Nintendo Wii U is the first console of the Eighth generation, released on November 18 2012 in North America, November 30 2012 in Europe and December 8 2012 in Japan. It is also compatible with all games and peripherals of its predecessor and is the first home console available in black or white colors since launch.PhazonBlazer

Source

Here you go

A generation isn't defined by technology, it's a matter of succession from one console to another.

So a website publication's opinion is proof? There is nothing about the Wii U that is next gen. It has the same graphics and everything else as current gen, nothing bettter. You can cite it's specs but those are slighlty better at best, and I doubt it's more powerful than the PS4 as there is nothing on the Wii U that looks as good as Uncharted/Killzone/God of War.

The Wii U is only current gen in my eyes.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rocker6

Here you go

PhazonBlazer

Nice, but you can expect a "it's a fanboy blog" sort of response...

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rocker6

So a website publication's opinion is proof? There is nothing about the Wii U that is next gen. It has the same graphics and everything else as current gen, nothing bettter. You can cite it's specs but those are slighlty better at best, and I doubt it's more powerful than the PS4 as there is nothing on the Wii U that looks as good as Uncharted/Killzone/God of War.

ShadowMoses900

Called it! :lol:

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Here you go

Check out DarkLink's reply.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 psymon100

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

You're wrong:

[quote="Wikipedia"]The Nintendo Wii U is the first console of the Eighth generation, released on November 18 2012 in North America, November 30 2012 in Europe and December 8 2012 in Japan. It is also compatible with all games and peripherals of its predecessor and is the first home console available in black or white colors since launch.Rocker6

Source

It is, Wii-U is a tech jump from Wii, a 7th gen console, just like Wii was a tech jump from Gamecube, a 6th gen console,...

Or wait, do you wish to argue only Sony and MS consoles count when defining generations?

Are you not familiar with the term "Big Three" ?

ShadowMoses900.

I accept that you don't feel Wii U is 'next-gen'.

Wii U is the first of the 8th gen consoles. It may end up being the second weakest of the 8th gen consoles (OUYA likely to be weakest).

The gens are defined by time. Within these time defined gens, we can discuss which is most powerful/weakest etc.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Truth_Hurts_U

Its not Uncharted graphically obviously, but its much closer to PS360 than it is to the Wii, so I dont see problem in graphical department. The OUYA also shall have double the RAM compared to PS360.

If you are referring to the overall quality of the games, keep in mind that tablet games are what they are because you cant control them properly on a tablet. When the devs will know that all of their customers have proper gamepad they will b able to make proper games.

The point is - and I admit that it might be tough to realize at this point in time - that OUYA is basically a classic console that is almost as powerful as PS360 in terms of graphics (i.e. much more powerful than Wii) and devs will finally have their hands untied for development. I see TONS of potential in this approach.

BlbecekBobecek

Tigra 3 specs suck and if you compare them with 360's it (360) spanks it. You compare any 360 game from the last 2 years and they look miles better then tigra 3 "optimized" games.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

OUYA (cost: USD 99)

http://www.ouya.tv/

What is next gen about it?

Well, certainly not the power. As you can see its tiny and it will be extremely power efficient. That doesnt mean its gonna be weak though as it has Tegra 3 inside and in terms of power it is close to PS360, so be prepared for proper 3D games. It will also be able to play most multiplats even after PS4 and XBOX 720 arrive, because it will include onLive.

The most important part is that it is going to be completely open platform that everyone will be allowed to develop games for. Every single game will have to be playable for free (either in the form of a demo iversion, or in the way like League of Legends or Team Fortress 2 are).

But what Im looking forward the most will be independent games, because such open platform is a treat for developers and we will probably see tons of original and innovative games on it.

The controller features a touchpad (the large circle in the middle) which allows for some interesting gameplay possibilities.

inb4 "old" - it doesnt get any love here in SW although it should so it deserves its own thread.

example of graphics optimized for nVidia Tegra 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBl-goBrWno

BlbecekBobecek

NVIDIA Tegra 3 is nowhere near Xbox 360's XCGPU.

AMD Z-60 APU (Windows, ACER Iconia W5xx tablet prototype with AMD Z-60 APU) vs NVIDIA Tegra 3 (Android, ASUS Transformer Prime) with GLBenchmark 2.5, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrhPz75kjSA&feature=related

AMD Z-60 APU (36 fps) destroys NVIDIA Tegra 3 (13 fps).

Fujitsu's Windows 8 Pro tablet with AMD Z-60 APU http://techreport.com/news/23772/fujitsu-win8-tablet-features-new-amd-z-60-apu

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShadowMoses900

It doesn't matter because when the next Xbox and PS4 are shown, you will see what next gen is really about and the Wii U will look obsolete by the real next gen standards. You can go by time if you want, but that's not where the progress is, progress is done by actual tech advancement.

The Wii U is only current gen soon to be last gen, no amount of wikipedia articles or random website quotes is going to change that.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

BlbecekBobecek

Sub-HD games are outliers on ps3/360 not the norm.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

BlbecekBobecek

PS4 and next xbox wont be most likely much more powerfull than Wii U. Also - what is next gen in doing the same you did last gen only with higher resolution and better textures?

I think Nintendo Wii U and this OUYA are each next gen in their own way, because they are responding to what gaming has become this gen and are trying to find new ways for it. More power is not the way to go anymore. You cant make similar jump like the one from 8bits to 16bits or the one from 16bits to 3D, because the technology simply isnt here. Even if Sony or MS decided to put cutting edge stuff in their next consoles (and they wont, thats for sure) the difference would be so small that most people would barely even notice.

The Xbox 720 will at the very least be around 3-4x more powerful than the Wii U. The Devs have a target spec they want Sony/Microsoft to meet for Next-Gen game development and that is around 1.5-2 Teraflop machines. Nintendo builds their machines for 1st party in mind only. They don't really care about Third Party support as much as they want you to think. The fact is that Nintendo games sell Nintendo hardware.

(EPIC Quote)

"The studio want"as many teraflops as is economically possible"so they can create"the best quality experience as possible,"which will drive people to buy the new tech."

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

BlbecekBobecek

Tegra 3 gets destroyed by AMD C-50/Z-01/Z-60's Radeon HD 6250M. The Wii U has a faster Radeon HD 75x0M level GPU.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PhazonBlazer

It doesn't matter because when the next Xbox and PS4 are shown, you will see what next gen is really about and the Wii U will look obsolete by the real next gen standards. You can go by time if you want, but that's not where the progress is, progress is done by actual tech advancement.

The Wii U is only current gen soon to be last gen, no amount of wikipedia articles or random website quotes is going to change that.

ShadowMoses900

So innovation isn't progress? The touch screen controller was not done before the Wii U and the idea of asynchronus gameplay on the gamepad and on the TV screen seems like progress to me. The tech is definitley a leap over the last gen.

Wehave no idea what the future of the Wii U holds, and I have no doubt that the PS4 and the 720 will produce better graphics than the Wii U, but to say the Wii U is last gen is asinine.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BlbecekBobecek

[QUOTE="BlbecekBobecek"]

Truth_Hurts_U

Tigra 3 specs suck and if you compare them with 360's it (360) spanks it. You compare any 360 game from the last 2 years and they look miles better then tigra 3 "optimized" games.

Well I wrote that it is "closer to PS360 than to the Wii" and you wrote that it "sucks and 360 spanks it". My statement is true and your statement is probably true too (depends on how you define "sucks" and "spanks" :) ) As I said we cant expect Killzone 3 / Uncharted 3 levels of graphics and probably not even Gears 3 / Halo 4 levels of graphics, but I dont think its THAT important. The point is it is capable of decent 3D graphics (certainly better than Resistance 1 for example) and that devs will get free hands on it. That could push gaming in the right direction in my opinion.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

PhazonBlazer

So innovation isn't progress? The touch screen controller was not done before the Wii U and the idea of asynchronus gameplay on the gamepad and on the TV screen seems like progress to me. The tech is definitley a leap over the last gen.

Wehave no idea what the future of the Wii U holds, and I have no doubt that the PS4 and the 720 will produce better graphics than the Wii U, but to say the Wii U is last gen is asinine.

The Wii was just a last gen system with a gimmick, the Wii U will end up being the same. Tablet controller might be ok, it might not, but that alone does not make it next gen and it does not make a jump in tech.

Regardless I will buy a Wii U because of Nintendo's 1st party. I buy every Nintendo and Sony system.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Pass.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 psymon100

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

The Wii was just a last gen system with a gimmick, the Wii U will end up being the same. Tablet controller might be ok, it might not, but that alone does not make it next gen and it does not make a jump in tech.

Regardless I will buy a Wii U because of Nintendo's 1st party. I buy every Nintendo and Sony system.

That's really good you'll buy one. I've experienced all systems over the 7th gen.

I think once you get a Wii U in your house, all updated, spend a bit of time with it - I think you'll see potential for some really fantastic games. It's not all about 16 times anisotropic filters with super sampling anti aliasing etc etc.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

ShadowMoses900

To quote DarkLink

The idea that the Wii-U is not a jump in tech or quality is laughable. It has significantly more RAAM than the PS3 or the 360. It has a better GPU. It has a decent CPU. It has Blu-Ray, which was not around in '05. It has a tablet controller, again, not possible in '05. The hardware is, objectively, better. Anyone claiming otherwise is either a fool who is ignorant of what the Wii-U is or a blind fanboy.

DarkLink77

So the tech is better than last gen consoles.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

psymon100

That's really good you'll buy one. I've experienced all systems over the 7th gen.

I think once you get a Wii U in your house, all updated, spend a bit of time with it - I think you'll see potential for some really fantastic games. It's not all about 16 times anisotropic filters with super sampling anti aliasing etc etc.

I will buy one eventually, just not right now. Only game for it that impresses me is Zombie U (GS review was way off the mark IMO) and New Super Mario Bros 2 or whatever. Not enough right now, once Zelda comes out I'm going to be all over it.

I'm not opposed to the next Xbox either, but I don't see it offering much for me. But everyone is different and to each their own. PS4 and Wii U are no brainers for me.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

People that say it's when a new console launches are wrong, by that logic if someone realesed a system with the specs of an N64 would you consider it next gen as well?

ShadowMoses900

Yes it would be next gen...by your definition if the next Xbox or PS4 are about as equal in power with WiiU then we would be stuck on this gen forever.