The PS3 is the most useless console out

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Suliman-Uchia
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts

No AAAE games yet and it has been a year

Games sell like crap

Hard to develop for

Very expensive to develop for

Lost many exclusives to XBOX 360

Very short games even with 50 gb of space look at Heavenly Flop.

No good RPG out on it yet.

Too much "wating"

Online is medicoe at best

Very low AA and AAA games compared to the 360 and the Wii :lol:

No giagantic exclusive like HALO 3

Only a few good games on it

COw always rant about the 360 being useless because it is not future proof and dies alot. Well guess what cows the PS3 is a horrible console with horrible games. ALl the games you cows are hyping didn't;t come out and the games that were hyped flopped.

The PS2 was the weakest yet it won the XBox lost and it was powerful. Something with PS3 it will fall and lost the 360 will win

ANd the 360 is getting great games

Fable 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Banjo three

Too Human

GTA IV DLC

Gears of War 2

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Mass effect 2

and so much more

The PS3 is getting alot too but

GT5 the full game next year

Final Fantasy 13 and vs 13 next year and or possibly 2010

Haze looks like a generic shooter

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Useless? It plays br movies. You fail.
Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Suliman-Uchia

funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?RazMaTaz-1

Only for BR movies. Alot of people buy it of Blu-ray not a game console that is why software does not sell.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
It plays BR movies, and my most looked foward to game since 2004 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thrones

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?Suliman-Uchia

Only for BR movies. Alot of people buy it of Blu-ray not a game console that is why software does not sell.

The attach rate is not actually bad for the PS3, it's a fair number over half of the 360 and the 360 has been out for double the same period.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

Out of that list of games for the 360 there isn't a single one worth even looking at for me. I have been enjoying the PS3 a lot for the past year so really your not even making a valid point.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9163 Posts
[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?thrones

The attach rate is not actually bad for the PS3, it's a fair number over half of the 360 and the 360 has been out for double the same period.

thats not what attach rate means. has nothing to do with how long something has been out.

you figure the attach rate by the total number of software units sold compared to the total numbers of hardware units sold

EDIT: in other words, the ps3 could have the same attachment rate as 360 is enough software is sold.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Suliman-Uchia

The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.Ragnarok1051

The day it does tell me I will smash my 360 into the ground with all its games. Untill then your grill wont outsell the 360.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
This thread is teh epic phail
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
lots PS3 bashing threads today, i guess its to counter all the 360 bashing threads wev been seeing lately
Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Suliman-Uchia

Out of that list of games for the 360 there isn't a single one worth even looking at for me. I have been enjoying the PS3 a lot for the past year so really your not even making a valid point.

jimm895

Same with the ps3

Metal gear solid is some horrible game,

All the PS3 games look boring.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.Suliman-Uchia

The day it does tell me I will smash my 360 into the ground with all its games. Untill then your grill wont outsell the 360.

Its done that in the last two months in N.A.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jimm895

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.Suliman-Uchia

News flash it's time to start smashing because in 2007 the PS3 outsold the 360 in worldwide total sales and it continues to do so this year.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suliman-Uchia
[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.jimm895

News flash it's time to start smashing because in 2007 the PS3 outsold the 360 in worldwide total sales and it continues to do so this year.

DId it surpass it's total sales no. Did it sell 17 million yet no.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?ogvampire

thats not what attach rate means. has nothing to do with how long something has been out.

you figure the attach rate by the total number of software units sold compared to the total numbers of hardware units sold

EDIT: in other words, the ps3 could have the same attachment rate as 360 is enough software is sold.

But, people take time to buy games. The number of games you buy in a 3 year period and the number of games you buy in a 1.5 year period is different, thusly increasing the attach rate of the 3 year period one even if the hardware sales don't go up by much.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thrones
[QUOTE="jimm895"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

DId it surpass it's total sales no. Did it sell 17 million yet no.

If you take the one year lead away, it outsells it but the big question is:

Can I play sales, and if so, how many gamerpoints does completing it on normal difficulty give me?

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158048

youtube it.

bballm10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 bballm10
Member since 2006 • 1025 Posts
I would just like to clarify that the TC's opinion is fact, however the opinion of anyone else is not.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

But, people take time to buy games. The number of games you buy in a 3 year period and the number of games you buy in a 1.5 year period is different, thusly increasing the attach rate of the 3 year period one even if the hardware sales don't go up by much.

time does help, but its not the main factor, as your previous statement suggested

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Suliman-Uchia
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

You know the 360 has only been out for 2 years. It came out in VERY LATE 2005.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

That's not a very good bet to make considering PS3 has pretty much outsold X360 consistently worldwide for the past year.

-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts

Games sell like crap

Hard to develop for

Too much "wating"

COw always rant about the 360 being useless because it is not future proof and dies alot. Well guess what cows the PS3 is a horrible console with horrible games. ALl the games you cows are hyping didn't;t come out and the games that were hyped flopped.

The PS2 was the weakest yet it won the XBox lost and it was powerful. Something with PS3 it will fall and lost the 360 will win

Fable 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Banjo three

Too Human

GTA IV DLC

Gears of War 2

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Mass effect 2

and so much more

Suliman-Uchia

what the problem is fanboys like you never win. Have fun believing and worrying about those points your whole life while i happily enjoy the best of both worlds.

And for your info PS3 08 lineup >>>>>>>> 360 08 lineup

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 st1ka

I would just like to clarify that the TC's opinion is fact, however the opinion of anyone else is not.bballm10

oohh.... of course it all makes sense now

Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
I like my PS3, extremely well-built piece of work, doesn't creak around like my 360 and is really quiet. Makes a great Blu-ray player and has a few really fun games with extremely high production values. ATM it's feeling more like the quality console. Don't get me wrong, I love my 360 and have had no problems from it, but the PS3 has it's place as well, can only hope more people will realise it so it doesn't fade into obscurity as a platform, would hate a Microsoft-only market for console gaming as well.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ogvampire
[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.EmperorSupreme

That's not a very good bet to make considering PS3 has pretty much outsold X360 consistently worldwide for the past year.

while true, i wonder just how many more units does the ps3 outsell the 360?

i mean if the 360 has about a 6 million unit lead on the ps3, how long will it take for the ps3 to catch up?

and knowing MS, will the 720 come out before then?

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 st1ka

what the problem is fanboys like you never win. Have fun believing and worrying about those points your whole life while i happily enjoy the best of both worlds.

-PS360-

that just completly ruined a perfectly good post

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I want it to all end Now.

Now granted that both systems have it's faults but come on Quit nagging at each others system.

I personally will only get the PS3 for 3 possible game: Uncharted, God of War 3, and FF13, but for everything else Xbox 360.

Man it is like we really do need just one great big console to end this console hate my god is it annoying.

so Shut It Up.( This comes from a guy who will gloat about the 360)

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ogvampire
[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Games sell like crap

Hard to develop for

Too much "wating"

Fable 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Banjo three

Too Human

GTA IV DLC

Gears of War 2

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Mass effect 2

and so much more

-PS360-

lol, so you say that fanboys never win, but yet you make a quintessential fanboy statement at the end. nice. now you lost all credibility

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
I recently got a PS3 and I love it as a multimedia machine. But my PC and wii get all the gaming time. I tried uncharted, it looks very nice and has very good animations, but I felt like I was playing a game from 2001. I played for a couple hours then gave up on it.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.ogvampire

i mean if the 360 has about a 6 million unit lead on the ps3, how long will it take for the ps3 to catch up?

I'm willing to say that it could be this year that PS3 matches or passes the 360. Reports of MGS4 bundle selling out already is very promising for the console.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]The day the PS3 passes the 360 will be a grand day indeed.Ragnarok1051

I'm willing to say that it could be this year that PS3 matches or passes the 360. Reports of MGS4 bundle selling out already is very promising for the console.

it is good that the mgs bundle has sold out, but how many did they sell? they never gave out numbers. if it was alot of units, im sure they would have said how many

plus, the ps3 and 360 sales are pretty close (including japan, ps3 only outsells 360 by less than 20,000 units on average). so with that, do you really think that the ps3 will sell 6 million more units than the 360?

6 million is ALOT. they needed to outsell the 360 by 500,000 units WorldWide each month, but they havent been anywhere near that.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ragnarok1051

it is good that the mgs bundle has sold out, but how many did they sell? they never gave out numbers. if it was alot of units, im sure they would have said how many

plus, the ps3 and 360 sales are pretty close (including japan, ps3 only outsells 360 by less than 20,000 units on average). so with that, do you really think that the ps3 will sell 6 million more units than the 360?

6 million is ALOT. they needed to outsell the 360 by 500,000 units WorldWide each month, but they havent been anywhere near that.

ogvampire

We don't really know how much it outsells the 360 worldwide each month. It could be a lot of hardly any at all.

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts
another fanboy topic, probaly has never played the ps3 anyways. and halo 3 is nothing now since the release of COD4
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Ragnarok1051

We don't really know how much it outsells the 360 worldwide each month. It could be a lot of hardly any at all.

exactly. the ps3 i believe will continue to outsell the 360, but i dont think the margins are large enough to overtake it THIS year

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jimm895

I would just like to clarify that the TC's opinion is fact, however the opinion of anyone else is not.bballm10

Here's a nice link on just how well err bad M$ is doing in the worldwide markets.

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9898440-56.html

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

I'm bored as hell so i'll respond to each thing

Doesnt mean there arent any amazing games on it, and in my opinion some games got robbed of AAA, no real gamer cares about what Gamespot says.

Games sell like crap

False. Like 6 ot 7 games have sold over a million, Uncharted, COD4, Resistance, Motorstorm, Assassins Creed, Devil May Cry 4, and maybe more that I cant remember.

Hard to develop for

All new consoles that change hardware are hard to develop for, but developers get used to it and make great games, this isnt a draw back anymore. After games like Assassins Creed, Burnout, Call of Duty 4, Uncharted etc. There's NO excuse as to why a game should have problems like its old ports, other then a lazy dev.

Proof? You're not a developer.

True, but this isnt PS3's fault it was Sony's arrogance and stupidity.

1. If millions liked the game, its not a flop, regardless of some 1 persons score.

2. Yes, it was short, that's one thing that should be fixed.

I dont really care for RPG's so this doesnt matter to me, but im sure FF13 and Versus will make up for it.

Too much "wating"

This doesnt bother me, because I know im waiting for amazing, groundbreaking titles, most of which are coming in 08'.

Opinion. I have no problems with online what so ever, no lag, no slow downloading. It's up to the persons connection, not PSN.

Like I said earlier, real gamers dont care about scores on the internet, I have a Wii, and I barely touch it, because all the games I play are on PS3, and all the games I WILL play are coming out this year for PS3.

We dont need 1 gigantic exclusive, we have a combination of more then 1 amazing games, that when combined overshadow Halo 3 with ease. (MGS4, Little Big Planet, FF13, etc. im not gonna go on everyone always lists games, I dont need to).

Opinion.

lol.

lol.

Fable 2

I dont care about games like this.

Ninja Gaiden 2

Banjo three

Too Human

GTA IV DLC

Whoa. Over 100+ hours of gameplay, and multiplayer in the regular game. I'm SOOO in a rush to PAY for a few more hours of extra content *rolls eyes*. I've never bought DLC before, and even though GTA is my 2nd favorite franchise, i most likely wouldnt buy it for that either.

Gears of War 2

Will more then likely be a great game and exclusive.

Alan Wake

This is the only game I want from 360, but im getting a new PC for it.

Halo Wars

Mass effect 2

Possible it will come out on PS3 too, thanks to the EA buy, and you cant say no because you dont know yet.

and so much more

Okay.

ok...thats 3 games, what about the rest that are coming out this year?

I agree, but the graphics look nice so its worth a rent atleast.

Suliman-Uchia
Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Suliman-Uchia

another fanboy topic, probaly has never played the ps3 anyways. and halo 3 is nothing now since the release of COD4jhonnyboi1134

I have a ps3 . PM me my PSN is Soulkiller 225. SO ha.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 st1ka

[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Doesnt mean there arent any amazing games on it, and in my opinion some games got robbed of AAA, no real gamer cares about what Gamespot says.

Games sell like crap

False. Like 6 ot 7 games have sold over a million, Uncharted, COD4, Resistance, Motorstorm, Assassins Creed, Devil May Cry 4, and maybe more that I cant remember.

Hard to develop for

All new consoles that change hardware are hard to develop for, but developers get used to it and make great games, this isnt a draw back anymore. After games like Assassins Creed, Burnout, Call of Duty 4, Uncharted etc. There's NO excuse as to why a game should have problems like its old ports, other then a lazy dev.

True, but this isnt PS3's fault it was Sony's arrogance and stupidity.

1. If millions liked the game, its not a flop, regardless of some 1 persons score.

2. Yes, it was short, that's one thing that should be fixed.

I dont really care for RPG's so this doesnt matter to me, but im sure FF13 and Versus will make up for it.

Too much "wating"

This doesnt bother me, because I know im waiting for amazing, groundbreaking titles, most of which are coming in 08'.

Opinion. I have no problems with online what so ever, no lag, no slow downloading. It's up to the persons connection, not PSN.

Like I said earlier, real gamers dont care about scores on the internet, I have a Wii, and I barely touch it, because all the games I play are on PS3, and all the games I WILL play are coming out this year for PS3.

We dont need 1 gigantic exclusive, we have a combination of more then 1 amazing games, that when combined overshadow Halo 3 with ease. (MGS4, Little Big Planet, FF13, etc. im not gonna go on everyone always lists games, I dont need to).

Opinion.

lol.

lol.

Fable 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Banjo three

Too Human

GTA IV DLC

Whoa. Over 100+ hours of gameplay, and multiplayer in the regular game. I'm SOOO in a rush to PAY for a few more hours of extra content *rolls eyes*. I've never bought DLC before, and even though GTA is my 2nd favorite franchise, i most likely wouldnt buy it for that either.

Gears of War 2

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Mass effect 2

Possible it will come out on PS3 too, thanks to the EA buy, and you cant say no because you dont know yet.

and so much more

Okay.

shadyd1717

no offense there, but you kinda replied a stupid biased and opiniated post.... with a stupid biased and opiniated post

hungryheart077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hungryheart077
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
The 360 line up is impervious to ownage, No other system has anything to counter that massive list up killer apps and new ips.
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

no offense there, but you kinda replied a stupid biased and opiniated post.... with a stupid biased and opiniated post

st1ka

How is mine biased or opinionated?

dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dgo71102244
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
what all the exciment about the ps3 line up?

lets see MGS4 and ff13. and stop counting really theres nothing left to hype sorry but the 360 line up seems a lot better than the ps3
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thrones

lets see MGS4 and ff13. and stop counting really theres nothing left to hype sorry but the 360 line up seems a lot better than the ps3
dgo71102244

Gears of War 2 and Fable 2. I can take a fanboy view to a system's lineup as well.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 st1ka

[QUOTE="st1ka"]

shadyd1717

How is mine biased or opinionated?

the small italic writing is my correction, the big words are the opinions

[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Games sell like crap

Hard to develop for

All new consoles that change hardware are hard to develop for, but developers get used to it and make great games, this isnt a draw back anymore. After games like Assassins Creed, Burnout, Call of Duty 4, Uncharted etc. There's NO excuse as to why a game should have problems like its old ports, other then a lazy dev. (lazy dev? there is no such thing i really hate that sentence. And no not all new consoles are hard to develop for, the PS1 the xbox, the xbox 360 and the Wii are/were programer friendly)

True, but this isnt PS3's fault it was Sony's arrogance and stupidity. (seperating the PS3 from sony? what the ?)

1. If millions liked the game, its not a flop, regardless of some 1 persons score.(it was hyped AAA, its AA on gamerankings, its a flop)

Too much "wating"

We dont need 1 gigantic exclusive, we have a combination of more then 1 amazing games, that when combined overshadow Halo 3 with ease. (MGS4, Little Big Planet, FF13, etc. im not gonna go on everyone always lists games, I dont need to). all consoles have a combination of upcomming games, both upcomming and already launched games

Opinion.

lol.

lol.

Fable 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Banjo three

Too Human

GTA IV DLC

Gears of War 2

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Mass effect 2

and so much more

Okay.

shadyd1717

dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dgo71102244
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

[QUOTE="dgo71102244"]what all the exciment about the ps3 line up?

thrones

Gears of War 2 and Fable 2. I can take a fanboy view to a system's lineup as well.

Thats not true your and ignorant and don't have a good taste in vedeogames its absurd
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jimm895

dgo71102244

You sure are not that informed because there is several games coming to the PS3 and some has had a huge fan base for years and it seems to be growing. Socom is one of the biggest PS game title and there will be one released soon and another released at a later date, it's already being developed. I have logged onto Socom 1 and it's still an active on-line game after all the years it's been out.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts

funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?RazMaTaz-1

blooray :lol:. i remember when cows were whining that sales dont matter :lol:

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ogvampire

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?100Gamer

exactly, but all fanboys are like that.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Suliman-Uchia

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]funny enough, why is it selling more than 360 then?100Gamer

Yea I know. teh teh sales don't matter games do but cows have nothing. AHHAHAHAHA:lol: