The Pokemon X and Y Thread: 8/10 Gamespot (Total Number of New Pokemon Leaked)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Pokemon X and Y logo

The Official Hype Thread

Pokemon X and Y

POKEMON X AND Y

PLATFORM: NINTENDO 3DS

RELEASE DATE: October 12, 2013 worldwide

DEVELOPER: Game Freak

PUBLISHER: Nintendo

Available both in stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop.

Pokemon X and Y support asynchronyous gameplay over StreetPass and SpotPass

Pokemon X and Y support full online play over the Nintendo Network.

What is Pokemon X and Y?

WELCOME TO THE SIXTH GENERATION OF POKEMON

Pokemon X and Y are the newest installments in the Pokemon saga; the sixth generation of Pokemon, following Pokemon Red and Blue on the Gameboy (1998), Pokemon Gold and Silver on the Gameboy Color (2000), Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on the Gameboy Advance (2003), Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on the Nintendo DS (2007), and Pokemon Black and White on the Nintendo DS (2011). 

Pokemon X and Y are the biggest evolution of the Pokemon series since Pokemon Gold and Silver- possibly the biggest evolution for the series ever. Apart from sporting a fully polygonal 3D (cel shaded) visual style that fans have wanted since the Nintendo 64 days, they also feature full persistent online connectivity, as well as suppot for multiplayer locally, in real time and asynchronyously over StreetPass and SpotPass.

• Pokemon X and Y are the first 3D Pokemon games.
  • They are the first Pokemon games made from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS.
  • Pokemon X and Y support full online connectivity over Nintendo Network.
  • Pokemon X and Y are the first titles in the series to get a simultaneous global launch.
  • Pokemon X and Y are the first titles in the series to be made available digitally.
  • Pokemon X and Y introduce a new Pokemon type- the Fairy type. This new type, which brings the total number of types up to 18, is the first Pokemon type introduced since Pokemon Gold and Silver introduced Dark and Steel, and will result in a complete mix up of the type matchups chart (and consequently, the battles and gameplay).
  • Pokemon X and Y introduce a new fourth stage of Pokemon evolution, called the Mega-Evolution. This Digimon-esque evolution can only take place in a battle and lasts only within that battle; your Pokemon needs to be holding a special Megastone for the evolution to occur. This is expected to completely switch battle srategies, the tiers list, and the consequent gameplay as well.
  • Pokemon X and Y are the first games in the series which allow you to control the EV growth of your Pokemon, and make the stats 'visible,' via a special in game training facility.
  • Pokemon X and Y offer new methods of transportation in game- in addition to the bike, ship, plane, and train from earlier games, you can now also roller skate and even ride certain Pokemon.
  • Pokemon X and Y are persistently connected to the internet: the bottom screen on your 3DS will always be the Player Search System, which will allow you to search for players both locally and over the internet to fight, trade, and otherwise interact with.
  • Pokemon X and Y introduce new battle types- there are Sky Battles, which play the same as regular battles, but while you are airborne; these are expected to be visually very impressive. They also introduce horde encounters, where you can get attacked by up to five wild Pokemon at once (and can only use one of yours).
  • Pokemon X and Y feature a new Pokemon-Amie minigame, which lets you bond with your Pokemon by engaging in new, pet sim style activities with them. The closer you are to your Pokemon, the more enhanced their growth will be.
  • Pokemon X and Y are the first games in the series that allow you to customize your character. Full customization for your trainer character has been confirmed.
  • Pokemon X and Y take place in a new region, the Kalos region, which is based on France.
  • Pokemon X and Y feature a new antagonist team- Team Flare.Nothing is known about them, except that they are conscious about clothing and fashion.
  • Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will feature the three Kanto starters for the player to choose from shortly after the game begins. These starters will be given to them by the Pokemon Professor (unlike the Kalos region starters, which are given to them by their friend)
  • Each of the three Kanto starters Mega-evolves; they also gain stat boosts and new abilities once they do that.
  • Megaevolutions are directly linked to Pokemon happiness in some way.
  • A new cloud storage solution has been announced for Pokemon: Pokemon Bank. Pokemon Bank utilizes universal IDs, lets you upload your Pokemon to the cloud, and then retrieve them as well. You can store up to 3,000 Pokemon, and you can store a full box of Pokemon at a time, instead of doing it Pokemon by Pokemon, like before.
  • The Pokemon Bank cloud storage solution also makes it so you can retrieve your Pokemon stored in it to a new game file or new copy of the game, assuming you lose your old one.
  • Pokemon Bank will not accept any hacked or illegitimate Pokemon.
  • Pokemon Bank costs $5/year, although every user gets a free trial period to begin with.
  • Pokemon Bank can be accessed with PCs and Macs.
  • Pokemon X and Y are backwards compatible with Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. Transfers are done via Poke-Transfer, a free 3DS app that acts as an add on for Pokemon Bank.
  • Nintendo will release a special Pokemon X and Y edition Red 3DS XL and Blue 3DS XL in Europe and North America on September 26, ahead of the game's launch; the game will not be bundled with this model.
  • Pokemon X and Y have a completely new type matchup chart; beyond the changes introduced by the introduction of the Fairy Type, several existing type matchups have also been changed. 
  • Pokemon X and Y will not have stereoscopic 3D in the overworld. 

Screenshots

Please note that some of these screenshots are from an early build in the game; the final game may look different.

Running in TownRunning Route 1CastleTrainer CustomizationSwingingRunning Through FieldBug GymFire GymRiding a PokemonFountainParkBridge overlooking towerCafeTrainer CustomizationSecond Person viewThrowing a PokeballHorde BattleSky BattleTrainer challengeOn a dateUnder an archLegendary Pokemon AttackGolden GateStonehengeJumping ledgesTeam FlareTrainer CustomizationCustomized Trainer

Reviews

Polygon: 9.5/10

Joystiq: 4.5/5

Eurogamer: 9/10

CVG: 9/10

IGN: 9/10

GamesRadar: 8/10

EDGE: 8/10

Game Informer: 8.75/10

This is it, then! The sixth generation of Pokemon, looking to be the biggest, the best, Pokemon games yet. They launch on Nintendo 3DS on October 12.

What is your personal hype for Pokemon X and Y? Post your official hype, and it will be added to the Hype Tally Board!

All text in the Pokemon X and Y Official Thread is original; all images and screenshots have been taken from Serebii.net. All videos are hosted on Youtube. Thank you Blabadon for help with the fonts. Thank you BrunoBRS with typographical corrections.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Videos

More will be added as they are made available

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Prebiews

Destructoid:

'Earlier this week, I got to take a Pokemon cart from "New Game" to as far as I could sojourn in an hour. After skipping Black/White and Black 2/White 2 (it's been over five years since I've played a Pokemon game!), it felt a bit like returning home.'

Polygon:

'The world of Pokemon is becoming more detailed and expansive the Kalos region is a believable, massive area populated with highly-detailed and colorful environments, characters and sound.'

Nintendo World Report:

'When players get their hands on Pokémon X and Y they will find themselves thrown into a world that feels both familiar and excitingly fresh. There are a plethora of new features and Pokémon for returning fans to get excited about. Additionally, there are also many older Pokémon to be seen that will give these fans a welcome sense of nostalgia as they play through. This isnt just Pokémon with a new coat of paint, but even that paint looks and feels so nice. Even after our short time with the game I know both of us cant wait to get our hands on Pokémon X and Y when it releases on October 12.'

Eurogamer:

'There's lots to be excited about in Pokémon X and Y - unseen new breeds, a huge range of returning faces, and a winning formula that has been tweaked, but perhaps wisely left largely familiar. The opening section I played rewarded my long-time inner Pokéfan - exploring the long grass bordering your hometown in X and Y feels as fresh as the first time.'

IGN:

'Pokémon X and Y is perhaps the most ambitious Pokémon title since the Game Boy original, and its filled with these sorts of changes, great and small alike, to a long-established formula.'

POKEMON DIRECT

Pokemon Direct

Nintendo has announced a Pokemon X and Y dedicated Direct for all regions tomorrow; the Direct aired at 7am ET/6am CT/4am PT.

Check out the Japanese stream of the Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct here.
Check out the American stream of the Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct here.
Check out the European stream of the Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct here. 

New announcements:

• Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will feature the three Kanto starters for the player to choose from shortly after the game begins. These starters will be given to them by the Pokemon Professor (unlike the Kalos region starters, which are given to them by their friend)
  • Each of the three Kanto starters Mega-evolves; they also gain stat boosts and new abilities once they do that.
  • Megaevolutions are directly linked to Pokemon happiness in some way.
  • A new cloud storage solution has been announced for Pokemon: Pokemon Bank. Pokemon Bank utilizes universal IDs, lets you upload your Pokemon to the cloud, and then retrieve them as well. You can store up to 3,000 Pokemon, and you can store a full box of Pokemon at a time, instead of doing it Pokemon by Pokemon, like before.
  • The Pokemon Bank cloud storage solution also makes it so you can retrieve your Pokemon stored in it to a new game file or new copy of the game, assuming you lose your old one.
  • Pokemon Bank will not accept any hacked or illegitimate Pokemon.
  • Pokemon Bank costs $5/year, although every user gets a free trial period to begin with.
  • Pokemon Bank can be accessed with PCs and Macs.
  • Pokemon X and Y are backwards compatible with Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. Transfers are done via Poke-Transfer, a free 3DS app that acts as an add on for Pokemon Bank.
  • Nintendo will release a special Pokemon X and Y edition Red 3DS XL and Blue 3DS XL in Europe and North America on September 26, ahead of the game's launch; the game will not be bundled with this model.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

PREVIOUS POLLS

Poll 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

HYPE LEADERBOARD

AAAAE

Jonwh18

NationProtector

AAAE

charizard1605

Noirlama777

heeweesRus

cain006

ArisShadows

tagyhag

PhazonBlazer

Samurai_Xavier

Shottayouth13-

campzor

Badosh

bobcheeseball

zarshack

AmayaPapaya

vguy555

Joedgabe

Mercenary848

TheDidact

guard12

Desmonic

jake44

lousfoxton

Sagem28

EPaul

AAE

bbkkristian

Blabadon

Slashkice

wolverine4262

Zassimick

BrunoBRS

shinobishyguy

Quaker-w00ts

yokofox33

YoshiYogurt

p3anut

MLauTheDaft

NeonNinja

R4gn4r0k

lundy86_4

Mario1331

sileviathan

AznbkdX

AE

XVision84

finalstar2007

Sweenix

Lucianu

nintendoboy16

hoola

funsohng

TheKingIAm

ActicEdge

HarlockJC

rjdofu

BELOW AE

Big_Pecks

Maroxad

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
You're welcome.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Day One. Pokemon Y. hype: AA
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
It will get an 8.0
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
I haven't played the pokemon games for a long time. Im going back to it once x and y releases.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bbkkristian
It will get an 8.0Blabadon
Nah 7.0 for having too many pokemon. I'm calling it now.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

My hype is AAAAE

Gamespot hates pokemon though. They also hate the 3DS. as a result I see this game getting flopped and recieving AE. Not that it matters though. GS is a joke anymore. 

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

My hype is AAAE, can't wait for this masterpiece.  Getting both versions day one.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
AAAE. Game will be sweet.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I skipped out on Black & White 2. I figured I wouldn't be missing much and I'd just wait for a new gen, like this. Should I go back and playing them before starting X & Y up?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I skipped out on Black & White 2. I figured I wouldn't be missing much and I'd just wait for a new gen, like this. Should I go back and playing them before starting X & Y up?

Trail_Mix
No. Avoid them.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

BR1SA-YCUAAHeKr.jpg:large

Megavolve that hype

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Im hyping AA I guess.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bbkkristian

flare2.jpg

I don't like the font they're using now, looks too bland - kindoflikeaniosgame. #firstworldproblems

Anyways, nice thread! I'll go with AA.

Slashkice
I think it compliments the graphics.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#20 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

In my heart I know GS is going to give it like a 6.5 - 7.5, but I'm hyping AAE because I'm feeling saucy. :P 

Y version, Froakie as starter, this game is going to be ballin'. :cool: 

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trail_Mix

[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

charizard1605

No. Avoid them.

We're they bad or something? :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

Trail_Mix

No. Avoid them.

No, they're excellent, probably the ultimate Pokemon games next to only HeartGold and SoulSilver, but they suffer from terrible franchise fatigue, and can actually turn you off the series more than anything else. Would be great games if they were only your first or second ones.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
if i'd have to guess the gamespot score, i'd say AA would be betting too high, but whatever, i'll go with that. Y version for me.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS

flare2.jpg

I don't like the font they're using now, looks too bland - kindoflikeaniosgame. #firstworldproblems

Slashkice
of all the things wrong in that picture, you choose to complain about the font? lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Nice job chaz :)

I'm expecting a 7.5/10.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

flare2.jpg

BrunoBRS

of all the things wrong in that picture, you choose to complain about the font? lol

That picture looks how an orgasm feels. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Nice job chaz :)

I'm expecting a 7.5/10.

XVision84

Slashkice
Thanks guys!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

flare2.jpg

Jonwh18

Jagged and low res? Man you must have some shitty orgasms...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

flare2.jpg

Jonwh18

i feel bad for you then.
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Your greatest hype thread ever is now live Chaz :cool:

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I say AAAE. Wish I had a 3DS.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
3ds tax + gamespots hate for anything pokemon = nothing higher than 8.0
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

if this released when i was 10 years old my hype metre would be broken right bout now. i always wondered though why isnt a pokemon rpg like game released for home consoles?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Its so early not even September yet lol

but YES getting this day 1 along with a Black 3DS XL!

I'd say GS will give it a 7 or 7.5/AE but my personal hype is that im very excited!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

if this released when i was 10 years old my hype metre would be broken right bout now. i always wondered though why isnt a pokemon rpg like game released for home consoles?

ghostwarrior786
I'm a fully functioning adult member of society and my hype meter is still broken >.> And because Pokemon=handhelds and handhelds=Pokemon

I'd say GS will give it a 7 or 7.5/AE but my personal hype is that im very excited!

finalstar2007
Well, I had to make sure I beat everyone else to making the thread :P
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

finalstar2007
AWWW YEAH!!!!!!! Buckle down System Wars cause we have a new sheep king in the house :cool:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Also, finalstar broke System Wars :shock:
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Those team flare grunts looks like the main guy from ghost trick
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

holy shit dude mega ton. new pokemon anime called 'pokemon origin' which takes it back to old school 1st gen. im a 90s kid and loved that show. i might skip through it on youtube purely for nostolgia

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

It will get a 7.5 here

Gamespot hates pokemon, judging from the previous reviews, recently finished black and white 2, and it's far better then a 6.5

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Heard about the New anime ? they're making one with out Ash and it's about the rivalry between Red and green.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

It will get a 7.5 here

Gamespot hates pokemon, judging from the previous reviews, recently finished black and white 2, and it's far better then a 6.5

Sweenix
It doesn't matter though, because it will be awesome :3
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Trail_Mix

[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] No. Avoid them.charizard1605

No, they're excellent, probably the ultimate Pokemon games next to only HeartGold and SoulSilver, but they suffer from terrible franchise fatigue, and can actually turn you off the series more than anything else. Would be great games if they were only your first or second ones.

Never really heard franchise fatigue used. Is it tiring like in way of repetition from the first Black & White? If that makes sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Heard about the New anime ? they're making one with out Ash and it's about the rivalry between Red and green.

Joedgabe
Are they finally ending Ash's tortured journey?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Trail_Mix"] We're they bad or something? :?

Trail_Mix

Never really heard franchise fatigue used. Is it tiring like in way of repetition from the first Black & White? If that makes sense.

No, they actually make Unova better and refreshing all over again; it's just the mechanics, at least by the time I played them, I was getting tired of the same thing over and over again (remember, these were the fifth Pokemon DS games, the fifth ones on the same engine, the fifth ones using the same mechanics); I guess it depends on when the last time was when you played a DS Pokemon.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Based on the descending pattern and GameSpot's undeniable dislike of the series, I honestly think it will get, like, a 6.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

charizard1605

Are they finally ending Ash's tortured journey?

Nope

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bbkkristian

Joedgabe
Red looks weird. I might be more interested if their names werent actually colors. It's s weird. Lol
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
AAA