The Main Reason Prototype was scored Lower then Infamous

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vanadiel242424
Member since 2004 • 1795 Posts

People have been arguing these two games for awhile now, Which is better, which is more enjoyable to play, Well let me tell you the most important reason why Infamous scored Higher then Prototype.

Prototype and Infamous are so Identical its scary, Both are sandbox games, and both have upgrades and flying around a open city. Both stories are very well done and Both have bad ass character's.

THE REASON INFAMOUS SCORED HIGHER THEN PROTOTYPE IS NOTTTT BECAUSE IT IS A BETTER GAME. IT IS BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED BEFORE PROTOTYPE.

Its very simple and very obvious, Both are great games, but one scored higher then the other when there both in the 9.0 Category of greatness.

Everybody was thinking this, Don't lie and ignore it. Infamous had a Huge lead because It was released first.

Now you might say, your unreal man Your just a prototype Homer. Let me tell you this, I played beat both games and Both have there up's and down's,

But I do beleive they BOTH should have gotten 9.0.

Thats my Rant

STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 STRETCH-E
Member since 2009 • 631 Posts

Well they should have released Prototype earlier then.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
All caps and red font makes you right.
mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

People have been arguing these two games for awhile now, Which is better, which is more enjoyable to play, Well let me tell you the most important reason

Infamous scored Higher then Prototype.

Prototype and Infamous are so Identical its scary, Both are sandbox games, and both have upgrades and flying around a open city. Both stories are very well done and Both have bad ass character's.

THE REASON INFAMOUS SCORED HIGHER THEN PROTOTYPE IS NOTTTT BECAUSE IT IS A BETTER GAME. IT IS BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED BEFORE PROTOTYPE.

Its very simple and very obvious, Both are great games, but one scored higher then the other when there both in the 9.0 Category of greatness.

Everybody was thinking this, Don't lie and ignore it. Infamous had a Huge lead because It was released first.

Now you might say, your unreal man Your just a prototype Homer. Let me tell you this, I played beat both games and Both have there up's and down's,

Thats my Rant

vanadiel242424
Now common... how are they similar ?? the only similarity they have is that they are sandbox games. One more thing, Infamous had far more superior graphics, story, and gameplay. That's why it got a higher score. If what you are saying is true, then RE5 should get a 10.
PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoppaGamer
Member since 2009 • 1629 Posts
This comes off as damage control. If reviewers didn't ever have their hands on Prototype through development, then you have a point. But most of them did. Most of them knew how the game would be before they got a finalized copy. So, I'm sure, there weren't many surprises for them. Also, we're talking a matter of days between the two, not months or years. Infamous would have been fresh enough in their heads to make a good, unbiased opinion of Prototype. Isn't it just as possible, if not more, that Infamous is just simply a slightly better game? That Infamous has a better story, better soundtrack, more of a point to side missions???? Isn't it possible that Infamous edged out Prototype because it was more well-rounded? Oh....of course not.
Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ze_ALEX
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

both those games appealed to me for around 10 minutes, then i just got bored

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
SO what if it scored lower?! as long as you had fun and enjoyed playing it thats what matters.
Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ze_ALEX
SO what if it scored lower?! as long as you had fun and enjoyed playing it thats what matters. Arctic_Grillz
I agree with this, very true
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Infamous scored higher cause it was better rounded, it was the more polished game.

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vanadiel242424

[QUOTE="vanadiel242424"]

People have been arguing these two games for awhile now, Which is better, which is more enjoyable to play, Well let me tell you the most important reason

Infamous scored Higher then Prototype.

Thats my Rant

mithrixx

Now common... how are they similar ?? the only similarity they have is that they are sandbox games. One more thing, Infamous had far more superior graphics, story, and gameplay. That's why it got a higher score. If what you are saying is true, then RE5 should get a 10.

See thats where others will differ, I know a lot of people who think Prototype had a better story, more varied gameplay. Graphics goes to Infamous of course tho.

Both games had great stories, gameplay, You can't argue that if you played both.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Is that really a strong eough argument to make such a huge claim? I peersonally don't think it is.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
So this logic would apply to many other games then, not just Infamous & Prototype.
vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vanadiel242424

Is that really a strong eough argument to make such a huge claim? I peersonally don't think it is.

ActicEdge

Maybe not, but it is a arguement which Im sure a lot of people had on there minds. It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Well obvisouly it was scored lower than inFamous because it was released after, they had already played the superior game

Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ze_ALEX

So this logic would apply to many other games then, not just Infamous & Prototype.Floppy_Jim
that explains why killzone 2 scored less! :shock:

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

Well obvisouly it was scored lower than inFamous because it was released after, they had already played the superior game

thelastguy
They're actually pretty even. In some arenas, InFAMOUS wins, in others, Prototype. There is no clear winner. I personally enjoyed Prototype more though.
nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyctota
Member since 2008 • 700 Posts

THE REASON HALO 3 SCORED HIGHER THEN KILLZONE 2 IS NOTTTT BECAUSE IT IS A BETTER GAME. IT IS BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED BEFORE KILLZONE 2.

see what i did here ?

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

Vandalvideo

They're actually pretty even. In some arenas, InFAMOUS wins, in others, Prototype. There is no clear winner. I personally enjoyed Prototype more though.

I actually haven't played Prototype yet, just using the scores :P

I'll take your word for it though

STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 STRETCH-E

There is no clear winner.Vandalvideo

One is AAA, the other is AA.

Seems pretty clear to me.

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vanadiel242424

THE REASON HALO 3 SCORED HIGHER THEN KILLZONE 2 IS NOTTTT BECAUSE IT IS A BETTER GAME. IT IS BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED BEFORE KILLZONE 2.

see what i did here ?

nyctota

How can you compare a franchise that has a Huge fanbase with a game that has a medium fanbase?.

Both Prototype and Infamous are the FIRST in there installments.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

And prototypes shoddy camera, crappy controls, spikes in difficulty among other fault had nothing to do with it.

not to say InFMOUS is perfect. but it controls A LOT better then prototype does. the worste bug in InFAMOUS is falling through the map every once in a while.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]There is no clear winner.STRETCH-E

I honestly ignore scores nowadays. They can't tell you very much about the games themselves. Having played both games extensively, there isn't that large of a gap between quality of the two games. Alot of it just has to do with lighter standards on first party exclusive titles.
vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vanadiel242424

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]There is no clear winner.STRETCH-E

Which goes back to my original arguement. Are you not following along here?

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vanadiel242424

And prototypes shoddy camera, crappy controls, spikes in difficulty among other fault had nothing to do with it.

not to say InFMOUS is perfect. but it controls A LOT better then prototype does. the worste bug in InFAMOUS is falling through the map every once in a while.

enygma500

lol

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It's because one was an overhyped exclusive, while the other was an underhyped multiplat (by the gaming media). Chain link fences! :cry:

STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 STRETCH-E

Alot of it just has to do with lighter standards on first party exclusive titles.Vandalvideo

What?

nyctota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nyctota
Member since 2008 • 700 Posts

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

see what i did here ?

vanadiel242424

How can you compare a franchise that has a Huge fanbase with a game that has a medium fanbase?.

franchise that has huge fanbase =/= better score

killozne 1 3.0

killzone 2 9

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vanadiel242424

It's because one was an overhyped exclusive, while the other was an underhyped multiplat (by the gaming media). Chain link fences! :cry:

BioShockOwnz

Im sure that's to do with it as well, But I just can't understand why Prototype was not scored on par with Infamous when the games are both Fantastic. People

that had played both and are not lieing know this.

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vanadiel242424

[QUOTE="vanadiel242424"]

[QUOTE="nyctota"]

see what i did here ?

nyctota

franchise that has huge fanbase =/= better score

killozne 1 3.0

killzone 2 9

Proto type and infamous are both First installments. So the Halo arguement vs Killzone can't be used.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vandalvideo
What?STRETCH-E
I mean't to say; exclusive titles. I had a fruedian slip when I lumped Sucker Punch in as a first party developer. Exclusive titles for platforms if ind generally have lower standards.
kkevguy47k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kkevguy47k
Member since 2008 • 900 Posts

They are so un-alike in reality its scary. One is basically a TPS, while one is a button masher - run away - button mash again superhero game.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

because Infamous is the better game :|

STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 STRETCH-E

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]What?Vandalvideo
I mean't to say; exclusive titles. I had a fruedian slip when I lumped Sucker Punch in as a first party developer. Exclusive titles for platforms if ind generally have lower standards.

... Where are you getting this from?

vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vanadiel242424

They are so un-alike in reality its scary. One is basically a TPS, while one is a button masher - run away - button mash again superhero game.

kkevguy47k

Saying this clearly shows that you have never played Prototype

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vandalvideo
... Where are you getting this from?STRETCH-E
As a general observation from my time playing video games. The games that I do play that are multiplatform generally tend to get lower scores than those games that I play, in the same genre, that are exclusive to a platform. We see those same type of sentiments echoed through the gaming community at large, with promising multiplatform games like Section 8, Edge of Twilight, and a few others generally going unnoticed. At the same time, there isn't anything about a game like God of War 3, besides it being exclusive and having brand name support, that would make it any better than Edge of Twilight by what we've seen. From my personal experience gaming, exclusive titles generally get more hype and higher scores as a result of it. People are anticipating them more, and that honestly plays a role in the decision making process for reviewers.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]There is no clear winner.Vandalvideo

I honestly ignore scores nowadays. They can't tell you very much about the games themselves. Having played both games extensively, there isn't that large of a gap between quality of the two games. Alot of it just has to do with lighter standards on first party exclusive titles.

I'm honestly starting to believe this myself. I find that I get way more valuable information just from reading a thread in neogaf than I do reading most of the reviews now a days. There are few reviewers who I find give a good review that actually gives valuable info.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
Prototype is a pretty boring game I didn't like it at all. Infamous looks a lot more interesting.
vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vanadiel242424

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]

ActicEdge

I'm honestly starting to believe this myself. I find that I get way more valuable information just from reading a thread in neogaf than I do reading most of the reviews now a days. There are few reviewers who I find give a good review that actually gives valuable info.

Play both man, You will not regret it. Both are very solid games and deserve AAA status.

clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
It's a bit too late for damage control on prototype.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

I found inFAMOUS more entertaining and thought it deserved the higher score.

STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 STRETCH-E

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]... Where are you getting this from?Vandalvideo
As a general observation from my time playing video games. The games that I do play that are multiplatform generally tend to get lower scores than those games that I play, in the same genre, that are exclusive to a platform. We see those same type of sentiments echoed through the gaming community at large, with promising multiplatform games like Section 8, Edge of Twilight, and a few others generally going unnoticed. At the same time, there isn't anything about a game like God of War 3, besides it being exclusive and having brand name support, that would make it any better than Edge of Twilight by what we've seen. From my personal experience gaming, exclusive titles generally get more hype and higher scores as a result of it. People are anticipating them more, and that honestly plays a role in the decision making process for reviewers.

So you're saying that games like Tekken 6 and FFXIII will now score lower than they would have if they had been exclusive?

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

By far the worst damage control I have ever seen on these forums.

This is the MAIN reason!?? :lol: You mean, everything else, like Prototype's story, graphics, overall polish, gameplay, etc comes second??

:lol:

This must also mean Killzone 2 is better or equal to Halo. You are trying to change System Wars rules and it's not going to work. You also have to account for the many games that scored higher when released after a different game.

ALSO, one would think that if inFamous came first, people would find Prototype to be more fresh in a reviewers mind.

None of what you are saying makes sense unfortunately.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vandalvideo
So you're saying that games like Tekken 6 and FFXIII will now score lower than they would have if they had been exclusive?STRETCH-E
I can't speak for Tekken 6, but there are other reasons why Final Fantasy 13 won't score lower. I'd rather not go into a thesis about my Final Fantasy Complex among reviewers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Stalin vs martians is better then dawn of war 2 because DoW2 released first

STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 STRETCH-E

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]So you're saying that games like Tekken 6 and FFXIII will now score lower than they would have if they had been exclusive?Vandalvideo
I can't speak for Tekken 6, but there are other reasons why Final Fantasy 13 won't score lower. I'd rather not go into a thesis about my Final Fantasy Complex among reviewers.

... Right right because reviewers are always biased in favour of FF games, I think I've heard it before.

Anyways, I just think you like to pass off your "observations" as truths because you consider yourself an important poster in SW.
But that's just my observation.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]So you're saying that games like Tekken 6 and FFXIII will now score lower than they would have if they had been exclusive?STRETCH-E

... Right right because reviewers are always biased in favour of FF games, I think I've heard it before.

Anyways, I just think you like to pass off your "observations" as truths because you consider yourself an important poster in SW.
But that's just my observation.

That was anunecessary personal attack. He hasn't said anything unreasonable so far so I'm confused as to why you would make such a baseless statement. And he never passed off any observations as fact. He never used "this is fact" in his critique so what are you rambling on about?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vandalvideo
Right right because reviewers are always biased in favour of FF games, I think I've heard it before.Anyways, I just think you like to pass off your "observations" as truths because you consider yourself an important poster in SW. But that's just my observation.STRETCH-E
And my FF theory holds a lot of water, as I've gone through painstaking detail to prove. Even Final Fantasy fans agree that atleast some games in the genre have been burdened with unfair standards. But that is another thread. You're more than welcome to ignore my observations, but these are the things that I've noticed while playing games. You have to realize that reviewers are just as human as you and I. They are subject to the hype like everyone else. Exclusive titles generally garner more hype. Even games which look extremely promising generally don't get a lot of attention until after they come out and there is enough of a groundswell of support that people begin to notice. Mutliplatform titles just don't gain as much attention. That reflects in review scores.
STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 STRETCH-E

Mutliplatform titles just don't gain as much attention. That reflects in review scores.Vandalvideo

Like SFIV? Like GTA4? Like Oblivion? Like Assassin's Creed? Like CoD4 or Fallout 3 or Dead Space or Rockband or NHL 09?

It's hard to agree with you when most of the AAAs this gen are multiplats.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Mutliplatform titles just don't gain as much attention. That reflects in review scores.STRETCH-E

Like SFIV? Like GTA4? Like Oblivion? Like Assassin's Creed? Like CoD4 or Fallout 3 or Dead Space or Rockband or NHL 09?

Just because the games did score high doesn't mean that the games weren't subject to harsher standards than may have been used on other exlcusive titles. I mean, I personally thought Dead or Alive 4 deserved a much lower score than it did. I also thought Halo 3 wasn't that great in comparison to Call of Duty 4. Atleast score wise, I see Halo 3 and Dead or Alive 4 being subjected to lower standards than Call of Duty 4 or SF4. The same is hard to say about other games though.
STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 STRETCH-E

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Mutliplatform titles just don't gain as much attention. That reflects in review scores.Vandalvideo

Just because the games did score high doesn't mean that the games weren't subject to harsher standards than may have been used on other exlcusive titles. I mean, I personally thought Dead or Alive 4 deserved a much lower score than it did. I also thought Halo 3 wasn't that great in comparison to Call of Duty 4. Atleast score wise, I see Halo 3 and Dead or Alive 4 being subjected to lower standards than Call of Duty 4 or SF4. The same is hard to say about other games though.

Bah I think that's more of a brand name issue than exclusivity one.

Kinda like what you're saying with FF games.