jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8430 Posts

Well hey, they're great exclusives and that's good enough for me.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#52 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@putaspongeon said:
@kvally said:

Of course The Flop Guardian and Gravity Flop 2 didn't sell on the ClosedStation 4 and 720pStation Pro. The owners spend all their time on gaming forums talking about Xbox and all the Xbox games instead of playing games. Maybe the "boost" mode will be their booster chair to see the TV and turn their consoles on before Sony closes all their studios.

What games? If we were here talking about all of the exclusives on xbox one (talking even console exclusives which aren't exclusive), we'd be here for like 2 minutes.

Well, that is 1 minute longer than the time we would be here talking about PS games, which doesn't have exclusives.

OmniChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 OmniChris
Member since 2016 • 413 Posts

It's pretty sad when decent JRPGs like Gravity Rush 2 can barely even scrape 200k but trashy rushed titles like FFXV can sell 6million+ in a single day just because of it's name alone.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50586 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Chutebox said:

No one expected LG to sell well.

You mean cows didn't expect a game they hyped every single year for almost 10 years straight not to sell well? I bet Sony expected it.

It's a forum dude

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@soulitane said:
@kingtito said:
@soulitane said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

@loe12k: When are fanboys gonna realize that statement is false, Uncharted 4 sold almost 9 million.

TLG wasn't going to be a huge seller, the first two games weren't huge either.

You cows keep pushing that narrative. A game 10 years in dev and constantly brought up by cows as the next big game wasn't expected to sell well. Hahahaha yeah ok guess you cows don't like buying the 1st party games not called UC4

Being brought up on a gaming forum and it having mainstream appeal are two different things. If you need help understanding that then please let me know and I can simplify it for you.

Oh that's right it was ONLY the cows on SWs hyping it up right? No one is the "real" world new about the game, the game that was brought up at almost every E3 and hyped OUTSIDE of SWs. If you need help with that concept feel free to ask me...I'll do my best to explain it to you

Lol, trying to be condescending but you're extrapolating far too much information out of my post admittedly simple post and in turn looking like an idiot. I didn't say "no one" knew about it, I said it didn't have mainstream appeal, which it doesn't. No amount of E3 press showings is going to change the fact that most mainstream gamers will have no interest in a game like TLG. That's not a hard concept to grasp or are you arguing that TLG is the type of game that the mainstream will get behind?

Your initial post used an internet forum as a basis for game sales. This place hates games like CoD, yet those games sell amazingly year after year. Using your silly logic, CoD shouldn't sell nearly as well as it does due to it being ragged on by forum users.

Battlefield 1, Cod, Fifa always on top on both consoles. Sony fanboys claim xbox one is only a shooter console, but the same people are on the PS4 buying shooters and ignoring games released by Sony.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@soulitane said:
@kingtito said:
@soulitane said:
@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

@loe12k: When are fanboys gonna realize that statement is false, Uncharted 4 sold almost 9 million.

TLG wasn't going to be a huge seller, the first two games weren't huge either.

You cows keep pushing that narrative. A game 10 years in dev and constantly brought up by cows as the next big game wasn't expected to sell well. Hahahaha yeah ok guess you cows don't like buying the 1st party games not called UC4

Being brought up on a gaming forum and it having mainstream appeal are two different things. If you need help understanding that then please let me know and I can simplify it for you.

Oh that's right it was ONLY the cows on SWs hyping it up right? No one is the "real" world new about the game, the game that was brought up at almost every E3 and hyped OUTSIDE of SWs. If you need help with that concept feel free to ask me...I'll do my best to explain it to you

Lol, trying to be condescending but you're extrapolating far too much information out of my post admittedly simple post and in turn looking like an idiot. I didn't say "no one" knew about it, I said it didn't have mainstream appeal, which it doesn't. No amount of E3 press showings is going to change the fact that most mainstream gamers will have no interest in a game like TLG. That's not a hard concept to grasp or are you arguing that TLG is the type of game that the mainstream will get behind?

Your initial post used an internet forum as a basis for game sales. This place hates games like CoD, yet those games sell amazingly year after year. Using your silly logic, CoD shouldn't sell nearly as well as it does due to it being ragged on by forum users.

How so? Try re-reading what you wrote. You basically said TLG being hyped on a gaming forum doesn't == the rest of the world. I pointed out it wasn't just hyped in a gaming forum. There is no need for you to defend it's poor sales.

And you know how much mainstream appeal it had? You conduct a poll? As I said, there is no need for you to come in here defending it's poor sales nor make up excuses as to why.

I wasn't arguing anything other than it's had poor sales. Cows expected it sell well and Sony expected it sell well but it didn't. You're trying to make excuses and defend it's poor sales when the expectation was clearly to sell well. Why spend the massive amounts of time and money into a game that isn't expected to sell well? You think Sony is in it for the love of gaming?

My post used cows since cows were the ones that were hyping it in SWs but are now claiming it wasn't expected to sell well. Were they saying that for the past decade? Nope the exact opposite.

Going by your logic, any game that isn't "mainstream" won't sell well nor should it be expected too. I think BB sales kind of destroy your theory unless you think selling over 2M for a "niche" game is not good.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Must be terrible games then?...

I was thankful for being able to have access to playing fun, good quality games.

However this news showing a publisher that puts out good, critically well received good niche games that don't sell well (which they've repeatedly spoke on in over they years on why they take those risks), I suppose we should instead hope that more publishers cancel games and just pump out cookie cutter genres and gameplay.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:

Battlefield 1, Cod, Fifa always on top on both consoles. Sony fanboys claim xbox one is only a shooter console, but the same people are on the PS4 buying shooters and ignoring games released by Sony.

Please provide proof that it's the same people complaining about shooters who are playing shooters. People on this forum really have a hard time grasping the fact that the actual market is different to an internet forum.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

No worries though. We can start bashing Lems when Phantom Dust and Sea of Thieves are released and no one buys it.

Lems only buy exclusives that have Halo or Gears in their name.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@kvally: Its cute that you don't know what the word exclusive means.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 loe12k

@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:

Please provide proof that it's the same people complaining about shooters who are playing shooters. People on this forum really have a hard time grasping the fact that the actual market is different to an internet forum.

You hear it all the time from PS4 owners why buy an xbox as it only has shooters. But the userbase of PS4 are fine with shooters because they are the most popular games on consoles and most bought. The best game sold on PS4 uncharted is action./shooter game.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kvally

@vfighter: it's cute that you reply to all my posts. Just so you know, I am taken already. My heart belongs to @quadknight

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 VFighter

@kvally: Its fun calling out trolls for their stupidity.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingtito

@vfighter said:

Don't see you calling out cow trolls. One could argue you're a troll...I'd tend to agree

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kvally

@vfighter said:

I agree. Not only fun, but it is oh so easy. I am looking for more of a challenge though going forward.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By soulitane

@kingtito said:

How so? Try re-reading what you wrote. You basically said TLG being hyped on a gaming forum doesn't == the rest of the world. I pointed out it wasn't just hyped in a gaming forum. There is no need for you to defend it's poor sales.

And you know how much mainstream appeal it had? You conduct a poll? As I said, there is no need for you to come in here defending it's poor sales nor make up excuses as to why.

I wasn't arguing anything other than it's had poor sales. Cows expected it sell well and Sony expected it sell well but it didn't. You're trying to make excuses and defend it's poor sales when the expectation was clearly to sell well. Why spend the massive amounts of time and money into a game that isn't expected to sell well? You think Sony is in it for the love of gaming?

My post used cows since cows were the ones that were hyping it in SWs but are now claiming it wasn't expected to sell well. Were they saying that for the past decade? Nope the exact opposite.

Going by your logic, any game that isn't "mainstream" won't sell well nor should it be expected too. I think BB sales kind of destroy your theory unless you think selling over 2M for a "niche" game is not good.

It's amazing how you can type so much but say so little.

You think I'm defending it's sales? Lol, I don't even like the look of the game. I just see a stupid post and reply to it.

"How so? Try re-reading what you wrote. You basically said TLG being hyped on a gaming forum doesn't == the rest of the world. I pointed out it wasn't just hyped in a gaming forum. There is no need for you to defend it's poor sales."

Again, being shown at game shows doesn't equate to mainstream appeal. That's not a hard concept to grasp.

"And you know how much mainstream appeal it had? You conduct a poll? As I said, there is no need for you to come in here defending it's poor sales nor make up excuses as to why."

So you are trying to argue it has mainstream appeal. Clearly by the sales it doesn't have mainstream appeal. If it was so hyped outside of this forum and had mainstream appeal it would've sold, which as we're seeing it didn't. Do you need me to explain how that's relevant to my initial comment? It's a clear example of a game being hyped on a forum but not seeing success outside of a niche group.

"I wasn't arguing anything other than it's had poor sales. Cows expected it sell well and Sony expected it sell well but it didn't. You're trying to make excuses and defend it's poor sales when the expectation was clearly to sell well. Why spend the massive amounts of time and money into a game that isn't expected to sell well? You think Sony is in it for the love of gaming?"

I'm not disagreeing it had poor sales. The post I quoted stated cows hyped it and yet it didn't sell. I pointed out the stupidity in that argument and well here we are.

"My post used cows since cows were the ones that were hyping it in SWs but are now claiming it wasn't expected to sell well. Were they saying that for the past decade? Nope the exact opposite."

You're going to need proof for that statement.

"Going by your logic, any game that isn't "mainstream" won't sell well nor should it be expected too. I think BB sales kind of destroy your theory unless you think selling over 2M for a "niche" game is not good."

For one that's an apples to oranges comparison. Also, your reading comprehension is sorely lacking. I never said non-maintream games will never sell well, so that theory is useless.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By loe12k

@ShadowDeathX said:

No worries though. We can start bashing Lems when Phantom Dust and Sea of Thieves are released and no one buys it.

Phantom Dust is a HD port it not a hyped game. Seas of Thieves is something new from Rare so we see with that. The problem with xbox one games nowadays, you can only buy digitally on Windows 10, and lot of people have switched to buy games digitally on xbox one. But for Seas of Thieves it will be a niche game, but i would not be surprised if sold better on W10?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kvally

@kingtito said:
@vfighter said:

Don't see you calling out cow trolls. One could argue you're a troll...I'd tend to agree

Seems the majority of people here think vfighter is a troll, but he is harmless. We all just shoo him away like a fly.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 soulitane

@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:

You hear it all the time from PS4 owners why buy an xbox as it only has shooters. But the userbase of PS4 are fine with shooters because they are the most popular games on consoles and most bought. The best game sold on PS4 uncharted is action./shooter game.

Try to read, it helps when you have an argument.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 loe12k

@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:

Its only an excuse used on here to attack xbox.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 soulitane

@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:

"Please provide proof that it's the same people complaining about shooters who are playing shooters. People on this forum really have a hard time grasping the fact that the actual market is different to an internet forum."

We'll try this one last time, if not you're just a pretty useless troll.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

That sucks, but I had fun with Gravity Rush 2. I'm looking forward to the free Raven story DLC that drops next month too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Cows don't buy their exclusives. Go figure.

And neither do the vast majority of the 56 million PS4 users.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

@kvally: Lol, rekt.

And Horizon 3 being in front of those Sony exclusives is even more impressive considering there's twice as many PS4s out there.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By loe12k

@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:

"Please provide proof that it's the same people complaining about shooters who are playing shooters. People on this forum really have a hard time grasping the fact that the actual market is different to an internet forum."

How i can provide evidence the people on here complaining about shooters play shooters? Its an excuse, like i said already to attack the xbox one. The very same people could be playing COD or Battlefield on PS4., if all i know?

ItWasMe-DIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ItWasMe-DIO
Member since 2017 • 57 Posts

@loe12k said:
@ShadowDeathX said:

Phantom Dust is a HD port it not a hyped game. Seas of Thieves is something new from Rare so we see with that. The problem with xbox one games nowadays, you can only buy digitally on Windows 10, and lot of people have switched to buy games digitally on xbox one. But for Seas of Thieves it will be a niche game, but i would not be surprised if sold better on W10?

Sea of Thieves looks like one of those games no one plays and Microsoft shuts down the servers after a month, similar to Project Spark. Looks like something that should be FTP. It's probably the last game Rare will ever make, they'll either go back to making avatars or even more likely, the studio will get closed.

Agreed on Phantom Dust remaster. Pretty sure only Phil Spencer is looking forward to that one after he cancelled the reboot.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#77 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69703 Posts

Multiplats dominates again. Gamers have spoken.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 soulitane

@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:

How can provide evidence the people on here complaining about shooters play shooters? Its an excuse, like i said already to attack the xbox one. The very same people could be playing COD or Battlefield on PS4..

So then your statement was false since you can't actually back it up.

"The very same people could be playing COD or Battlefield on PS4."

Lol, changing arguments.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingtito

@soulitane said:

You think I'm defending it's sales? Lol, I don't even like the look of the game. I just see a stupid post and reply to it.

"How so? Try re-reading what you wrote. You basically said TLG being hyped on a gaming forum doesn't == the rest of the world. I pointed out it wasn't just hyped in a gaming forum. There is no need for you to defend it's poor sales."

Again, being shown at game shows doesn't equate to mainstream appeal. That's not a hard concept to grasp.

"And you know how much mainstream appeal it had? You conduct a poll? As I said, there is no need for you to come in here defending it's poor sales nor make up excuses as to why."

So you are trying to argue it has mainstream appeal. Clearly by the sales it doesn't have mainstream appeal. If it was so hyped outside of this forum and had mainstream appeal it would've sold, which as we're seeing it didn't. Do you need me to explain how that's relevant to my initial comment?

"I wasn't arguing anything other than it's had poor sales. Cows expected it sell well and Sony expected it sell well but it didn't. You're trying to make excuses and defend it's poor sales when the expectation was clearly to sell well. Why spend the massive amounts of time and money into a game that isn't expected to sell well? You think Sony is in it for the love of gaming?"

I'm not disagreeing it had poor sales. The post I quoted stated cows hyped it and yet it didn't sell. I pointed out the stupidity in that argument and well here we are.

"My post used cows since cows were the ones that were hyping it in SWs but are now claiming it wasn't expected to sell well. Were they saying that for the past decade? Nope the exact opposite."

"Going by your logic, any game that isn't "mainstream" won't sell well nor should it be expected too. I think BB sales kind of destroy your theory unless you think selling over 2M for a "niche" game is not good."

For one that's an apples to oranges comparison. Also, your reading comprehension is sorely lacking. I never said non-maintream games will never sell well, so that theory is useless.

Yeah, you're defending it's poor sales. Not hard to grasp

Sony's going to show a game for 10 years straight but it's not mainstream? Perhaps you should tell Sony then. I'm sure they thought it was mainstream.

I'm saying it sold poorly. You're the one coming in here making excuses "it's not mainstream and no one thought it would sell well". WRONG..cows that it would sell well until the actual numbers came out. Cows then went to the expected "it was a niche game. No one expected it to sell well" Sorry but cows don't buy 1st party games not named UC4. It's false to make the claim if it was "mainstream" it would sell well. Plenty of Sony "mainstream" games haven't sold well

And my post was directed at cows knowing full well they expected the game to sell well. You came in playing captain save a ho trying to defend the poor sales by claiming the game isn't "mainstream" and thus didn't sell well. Sorry but plenty of games that weren't "mainstream" sold well.

Proof? You been living under a rock the past 10 years?

Hhahaha it's apples to oranges because it proves you wrong. BB is considered by most to be "niche"(a game that I enjoy) yet that "niche" game sold pretty well early in the consoles life.

Backtracking now? You said TLG didn't sell well because it wasn't "mainstream". So is TLG "mainstream Lvl2" while games like BB are "mainstream LV1"? Hahaha face it dude your theory for TLG lacks of sales was rekt. Nice try moving those goalpost......it failed though

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#80 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

What about Yakuza 0 though? How did that sell?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 loe12k

@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:
@soulitane said:
@loe12k said:

How can provide evidence the people on here complaining about shooters play shooters? Its an excuse, like i said already to attack the xbox one. The very same people could be playing COD or Battlefield on PS4..

So then your statement was false since you can't actually back it up.

"The very same people could be playing COD or Battlefield on PS4."

Lol, changing arguments.

Nobody can? I would have to know everyone on here to know what their gaming habits are. Still i have heard this enough times the xbox is only a shooter box to know the Playstation fanbase use this to bash xbox.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By soulitane

@kingtito said:
@soulitane said:

So you are trying to argue it has mainstream appeal. Clearly by the sales it doesn't have mainstream appeal. If it was so hyped outside of this forum and had mainstream appeal it would've sold, which as we're seeing it didn't. Do you need me to explain how that's relevant to my initial comment?

Sony's going to show a game for 10 years straight but it's not mainstream? Perhaps you should tell Sony then. I'm sure they thought it was mainstream.

I'm saying it sold poorly. You're the one coming in here making excuses "it's not mainstream and no one thought it would sell well". WRONG..cows that it would sell well until the actual numbers came out. Cows then went to the expected "it was a niche game. No one expected it to sell well" Sorry but cows don't buy 1st party games not named UC4. It's false to make the claim if it was "mainstream" it would sell well. Plenty of Sony "mainstream" games haven't sold well

And my post was directed at cows knowing full well they expected the game to sell well. You came in playing captain save a ho trying to defend the poor sales by claiming the game isn't "mainstream" and thus didn't sell well. Sorry but plenty of games that weren't "mainstream" sold well.

Hhahaha it's apples to oranges because it proves you wrong. BB is considered by most to be "niche"(a game that I enjoy) yet that "niche" game sold pretty well early in the consoles life.

Backtracking now? You said TLG didn't sell well because it wasn't "mainstream". So is TLG "mainstream Lvl2" while games like BB are "mainstream LV1"? Hahaha face it dude your theory for TLG lacks of sales was rekt. Nice try moving those goalpost......it failed though

You're not very good at arguing are you? You're trying to get information that isn't there.

"it's not mainstream and no one thought it would sell well" - I never said that.

Your whole argument here is based on "cows" saying it will sell well, which is the whole thing I'm trying to point out. What is said here is completely different to the actual market.

"Hhahaha it's apples to oranges because it proves you wrong. BB is considered by most to be "niche"(a game that I enjoy) yet that "niche" game sold pretty well early in the consoles life."

Bloodborne is essentially from a well established, fairly popular franchise. Yes it doesn't share the name, but it still can ride the success of previous games. So yes, apples to oranges. There will be more fitting examples to give for niche games selling well, which I'm not denying like you somehow think I am. Being niche doesn't mean games won't sell, but it surely doesn't help them to sell well.

"Backtracking now? You said TLG didn't sell well because it wasn't "mainstream". So is TLG "mainstream Lvl2" while games like BB are "mainstream LV1"? Hahaha face it dude your theory for TLG lacks of sales was rekt. Nice try moving those goalpost......it failed though"

Um, you actually typed that and thought it was a good argument? Lol, again trying to extrapolate information that isn't there.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 loe12k

@itwasme-dio said:
@loe12k said:
@ShadowDeathX said:

Sea of Thieves looks like one of those games no one plays and Microsoft shuts down the servers after a month, similar to Project Spark. Looks like something that should be FTP. It's probably the last game Rare will ever make, they'll either go back to making avatars or even more likely, the studio will get closed.

Agreed on Phantom Dust remaster. Pretty sure only Phil Spencer is looking forward to that one after he cancelled the reboot.

I think it should be free to play too.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

As will Sea of Thieves for XBOX. I'll agree that they should have sold more (especially TLG, the way that was hyped and teased for soooooo long). But Multiplats dominate. And always will. I'm not surpsied

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kingtito

@soulitane said:
@kingtito said:

You're not very good at arguing are you? You're trying to get information that isn't there.

"it's not mainstream and no one thought it would sell well" - I never said that.

Your whole argument here is based on "cows" saying it will sell well, which is the whole thing I'm trying to point out. What is said here is completely different to the actual market.

"Hhahaha it's apples to oranges because it proves you wrong. BB is considered by most to be "niche"(a game that I enjoy) yet that "niche" game sold pretty well early in the consoles life."

Bloodborne is essentially from a well established, fairly popular franchise. Yes it doesn't share the name, but it still can ride the success of previous games. So yes, apples to oranges. There will be more fitting examples to give for niche games selling well, which I'm not denying like you somehow think I am. Being niche doesn't mean games won't sell, but it surely doesn't help them to sell well.

"Backtracking now? You said TLG didn't sell well because it wasn't "mainstream". So is TLG "mainstream Lvl2" while games like BB are "mainstream LV1"? Hahaha face it dude your theory for TLG lacks of sales was rekt. Nice try moving those goalpost......it failed though"

Um, you actually typed that and thought it was a good argument? Lol, again trying to extrapolate information that isn't there.

A claim from a person trying to move the goalpost after every post.

You said it didn't sell well because it wasn't "mainstream" and it wasn't expected to sell well. You didn't say that?

My entire argument is a RESPONSE to cows suddenly making the claim it wasn't expected to sell well. Not what was being said or expected PRIOR to it's release. What did you say about reading comprehension? Oh, you're lacking it

So Shadow of the Colossus isn't well known or popular? Nice try but sorry it's a "niche" game yet sold well. Goalpost move failed once again

I'm trying to make sense of your thought process on this subject. You're trying to make levels for "mainstream" games. BB isn't "mainstream" but it's not TLG lower level of "mainstream"? It's either "mainstream" or it's not. TLG is the spiritual successor to SOTC just as BB is the spiritual successor to DS. Apples to apples

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Poor cows, brag about exclusives all the time but they are so niche.

most people play multiplat.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@vfighter said:

You're a cow troll, maybe look in the mirror and call yourself out?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By soulitane

@kingtito said:

A claim from a person trying to move the goalpost after every post.

You said it didn't sell well because it wasn't "mainstream" and it wasn't expected to sell well. You didn't say that?

My entire argument is a RESPONSE to cows suddenly making the claim it wasn't expected to sell well. Not what was being said or expected PRIOR to it's release. What did you say about reading comprehension? Oh, you're lacking it

So Shadow of the Colossus isn't well known or popular? Nice try but sorry it's a "niche" game yet sold well. Goalpost move failed once again

I'm trying to make sense of your thought process on this subject. You're trying to make levels for "mainstream" games. BB isn't "mainstream" but it's not TLG lower level of "mainstream"? It's either "mainstream" or it's not. TLG is the spiritual successor to SOTC just as BB is the spiritual successor to DS. Apples to apples

Good God, you are dense aren't you? I said the game doesn't have mainstream appeal, which is backed up by the exact sales we're discussing. I also said that there's a difference between what's hyped on this forum and what occurs in reality, which is again backed up by the sales. I never said anything about whether it was expected to sell, I've been saying it doesn't have mainstream appeal and that comments made here are not in anyway relevant to reality. My initial comment to help you out:

"Being brought up on a gaming forum and it having mainstream appeal are two different things. If you need help understanding that then please let me know and I can simplify it for you."

"So Shadow of the Colossus isn't well known or popular? Nice try but sorry it's a "niche" game yet sold well. Goalpost move failed once again"

IT really isn't that well known or that popular outside of gaming forums. It sold decently, but nothing to write home about.

"I'm trying to make sense of your thought process on this subject. You're trying to make levels for "mainstream" games. BB isn't "mainstream" but it's not TLG lower level of "mainstream"? It's either "mainstream" or it's not. TLG is the spiritual successor to SOTC just as BB is the spiritual successor to DS. Apples to apples"

Popularity isn't a binary concept, your inability to understand that is astounding.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@kvally said:

Of course The Flop Guardian and Gravity Flop 2 didn't sell on the ClosedStation 4 and 720pStation Pro. The owners spend all their time on gaming forums talking about Xbox and all the Xbox games instead of playing games. Maybe the "boost" mode will be their booster chair to see the TV and turn their consoles on before Sony closes all their studios.

both of which got AAA here lol

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I will buy The Last Guardian. I liked Gravity Rush on the Vita, but not really interested in Gravity Rush 2. These are niche games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kingtito

@soulitane said:

Good God, you are dense aren't you? I said the game doesn't have mainstream appeal, which is backed up by the exact sales we're discussing. I also said that there's a difference between what's hyped on this forum and what occurs in reality, which is again backed up by the sales. I never said anything about whether it was expected to sell, I've been saying it doesn't have mainstream appeal and that comments made here are not in anyway relevant to reality. My initial comment to help you out:

"Being brought up on a gaming forum and it having mainstream appeal are two different things. If you need help understanding that then please let me know and I can simplify it for you."

"So Shadow of the Colossus isn't well known or popular? Nice try but sorry it's a "niche" game yet sold well. Goalpost move failed once again"

IT really isn't that well known or that popular outside of gaming forums. It sold decently, but nothing to write home about.

"I'm trying to make sense of your thought process on this subject. You're trying to make levels for "mainstream" games. BB isn't "mainstream" but it's not TLG lower level of "mainstream"? It's either "mainstream" or it's not. TLG is the spiritual successor to SOTC just as BB is the spiritual successor to DS. Apples to apples"

Popularity isn't a binary concept, your inability to understand that is astounding.

Nope, just don't listen to morons trying to push an objective that was proven false.

No, that doesn't back it up since there are many examples of "mainstream" games that don't sell and examples of non"mainstream" games that do. Just because it didn't sell well doesn't back up what you said. Did you mention dense?

Once again, how do you know? You take a poll from the so called "casuals"? You have ZERO proof but it doesn't back up your claim since selling "decently" isn't the same as selling poorly.

Face it cow, you're wrong. You're trying to move goalpost and call names but you can't prove anything you've said. It's funny watching you back peddle this entire conversation.

Fact - cows hyped the shit out of this game
Fact - cows expected it to sell until it was clear it didn't. Then it became "well we didn't expect it to sell" from the most hypocritical faction on SWs

Round and round we go. You cows being hypocrites isn't surprising in the least.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@omnichris said:

It's pretty sad when decent JRPGs like Gravity Rush 2 can barely even scrape 200k but trashy rushed titles like FFXV can sell 6million+ in a single day just because of it's name alone.

Lmao. Rushed. Dont bash Final Fantasy just because it sold more than Gravity Rush 2. Thats just silly logic.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By VFighter

@kingtito: I'd like to see actual Post from cows that said TLG was going to sell amazing or great, every thread I read people expected it to sell low.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Really the big win for The Last Guardian was that it released at all.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Shame that GR 2 doesn't do very well

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kingtito

@vfighter said:

@kingtito: I'd like to see actual POS from cows that said TLG was going to sell amazing or great, every thread I read people expected it to sell low.

Of course you'd be asking for proof. You're trying to defend it's low sales by pushing that same cow narrative "it's a niche game. It wasn't expected to sell"

Almost 10 years of cows hyping it. Going to actually sit there and say it wasn't expected to sell?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17670 Posts

@Chutebox said:

No one expected LG to sell well.

Yea, I don't find this to be much of a surprise.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By VFighter

@kingtito: So yeah, you've got nothing just like I thought. If every cow was hyping it to sell well shouldn't be hard for you to find some of those post that don't exist.