The idea of Uncharted as the "console graphics king' is ridiculous.

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maverickx04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maverickx04
Member since 2004 • 1223 Posts

3 points:

1 - Xbox360 can't do Uncharted?

2 - Console graphics king? I thought PC was part of SW. Cows always bashed "console exclusive"

3 - Is it really the hardware that decides the graphics? Because I always thought it was money, creativity and deadlines that was the most influence factor. I mean, Uncharted looks good, but not just because its on PS3, its because insomniac met all 3 requirements to put out a good looking game.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
insomniac didnt make uncharted....im pretty sure naughty dog did
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
you didn't really explain why it's ridiculous. it's the console graphics king because it's currently considered the best looking console game.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
Its Naughty Dog and they are one reason im keeping my PS3.
Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

Nothing to do with 'Xbox 360 can't do uncharted'

It's that the best looking console game, as of this moment is generally the best looking game...

It's like argueing that Gears 2 or Killzone 2 can be done on both consoles...

Ukapx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ukapx
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

3 points:

2 - Console graphics king? I thought PC was part of SW. Cows always bashed "console exclusive"

3 - Is it really the hardware that decides the graphics? Because I always thought it was money, creativity and deadlines that was the most influence factor. I mean, Uncharted looks good, but not just because its on PS3, its because insomniac met all 3 requirements to put out a good looking game.

maverickx04

ROFL if you think Uncharted is not the best looking game ever on a console.

BTW imagine uncharted 2 :D

SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SwiftDragon616
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

you didn't really explain why it's ridiculous. it's the console graphics king because it's currently considered the best looking console game.CaseyWegner

^ this delivers your answer.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
first of all insomniac didnt make uncharted it was naughty dog, second of all as you said console graphics king and then you mention pc wtf???? it's hardware mixed with the graphic engine and time and money plus of course developer talent and everything you mentioned doesnt actually not make uncharted to console graphics king? which has been voted time and time again in polls it currently has the best graphics on consoles which doesnt mean the 360 cant do it just simply means it's the best looking game on a console
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

3 points:

maverickx04

ok...read point number 2 again....really try to focus....

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts

yeah you said nothing that disproved it as console graphics king

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
I think that it should be Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

You're overthinking the whole thing, its the best looking game on any console, hence..."Console Graphics King"

dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

3 points:

maverickx04

1. Xbox360 can do Uncharted. Just like the PS3 can do Gears.

2. That's why fanboys are hypocrites. And cows aren't the only ones that bash. A fair amount of lemmings believe the PC isn't a console when it suits them and the PC is when it does. That's the nature of fanboys.

3. Hardware decides graphics to an extent. If the hardware is not there, then how can you have the graphics you want?

Now really, what was the point of this thread? You can't change the minds of fanboys. They will always believe they know what the "console graphics king" is...

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
The idea of you making this thread was ridiculous. :|
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

3 points:

maverickx04

None of those three points actually have to do with whether or not Uncharted is the console graphics king. :|

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

insomniac didnt make uncharted....im pretty sure naughty dog didlinkin_guy109

Yeah it was naughty dog. Anyway I dont see what's wrong with acknowledging that Uncharted is the best looking game at the moment on consoles if it is. Lemmings had the best looking game on consoles for a pretty long time with Gears, and there will be future games on the PS3 and 360 that beat Uncharted. Just because its seen as the best looking game right now doesn't mean either of the systems are at their limit.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
The amount of sense in the TC's post is minimal
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27667.html

wait this is a graphics king

SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SwiftDragon616

currently all the games the ps3 has made, the 360 can do with some modification, same thing with all the games 360 made.

In the coming years we will start seeing games being made on ps3 that could not be done on 360, im confident that mgs4 will be one of them.

as developers start diving deeper into the complex architecture a new age in console gaming will begin too shape.

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

SAGE_OF_FIRE

It's all in the animation, my friend. We're focusing less on textures and what-not, and more on how realistically the characters move.

Whether you agree with this or not is entirely up to you.

P.S. The lighting and shadows in this game are very impressive, as well.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Uncharted is the best looking game on consoles, therefore it recieves the title of Console Graphics King. The overall king is Crysis.
DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
BTW, as of right now, Call of Duty 4 is the console graphics king.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

currently all the games the ps3 has made, the 360 can do with some modification, same thing with all the games 360 made.

In the coming years we will start seeing games being made on ps3 that could not be done on 360, im confident that mgs4 will be one of them.

as developers start diving deeper into the complex architecture a new age in console gaming will begin too shape.

SwiftDragon616

From the looks of it, MGS4 will not be the king of graphics for consoles.

SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SwiftDragon616
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

dewmandew7

It's all in the animation, my friend. We're focusing less on textures and what-not, and more on how realistically the characters move.

Whether you agree with this or not is entirely up to you.

P.S. The lighting and shadows in this game are very impressive, as well.

this is also true, but it seems apparent too me, that some of the textures in uncharted are better than gears in many areas.

This isn't a gear bash in the least, but. I just finished reading the latest issue of EGM and I gotta say, Gears 2... some of the textures, especially on the player models arnet looking all that hot.

maverickx04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 maverickx04
[QUOTE="maverickx04"]

3 points:

dragonpuppy

1. Xbox360 can do Uncharted. Just like the PS3 can do Gears.

2. That's why fanboys are hypocrites. And cows aren't the only ones that bash. A fair amount of lemmings believe the PC isn't a console when it suits them and the PC is when it does. That's the nature of fanboys.

3. Hardware decides graphics to an extent. If the hardware is not there, then how can you have the graphics you want?

Now really, what was the point of this thread? You can't change the minds of fanboys. They will always believe they know what the "console graphics king" is...

heh, you answered me most accurately

maybe I shouldn't of put uncharted in the title topic, I was attacking the idea of a console graphics king not really uncharted's position itself.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Uncharted will be dethroned this year, by a lot of games, if not gears 2.
SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SwiftDragon616

^ this might of been done as a counter measure do too the supposed 100 locust's at once, etc.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
[QUOTE="maverickx04"]

3 points:

devious742

Youve missed the point. When lemmings claim a game like Mass Effect is console exclusive, cows bash it off, saying theres no such thing, its either exclusive or not. So there should be no console graphics king, its either graphics king or not. And in Uncharted's case, unfortunately its not. There are much better looking PC games.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

3 points:

maverickx04

1. 360 HASN'T done Uncharted.

2. We all know that PC's are capable of higher visuals with the proper hardware - you need to put them on a different level in some cases.

3. Insomniac didn't make the game... Naughty Dog... and what does it matter? I do know that the fluid animations system that they have is really complicated. It's an amazing looking game - that's just the bottom line.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
I played both on my friend's new 1080p TV, and I still think Gears looks better. That's just me, though.
SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SwiftDragon616

One thing ive noticed the unreal engine 3 does, is make very good metalic textures.

This is partly why gears was considered one of the best looking games, every level featured metal, it felt very apocalyptic.

SHuN_G0Ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 SHuN_G0Ku
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts
[QUOTE="maverickx04"]

3 points:

devious742

:lol:

he really needs to focus and at least try not be funny this time...

bush

maverickx04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 maverickx04

Uncharted will be dethroned this year, by a lot of games, if not gears 2.EuroMafia

This is why I find "console graphics king" so ridiculous, even if a game was released with better visuals, its releasing a much later time than uncharted. Meaning that the developer had plenty of time to make a better looking game.

Whats the point in bragging that a 2008 game looks better than a 2007 game?

so a console graphics king will inevitably be taken over by another....so whats the point of having a position like that open?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

of course gears of war beats out uncharteds average in score.

and on graphics score? nearly every site scores gears higher or same as uncharted.
Gears is the current console graphics king.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
The truth can sometimes be. ;P
velocity99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 velocity99
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts
It is generally accepted that Uncharted is the console graphics king, and you are trying to compare it to a game from 2006? Is it unreasonable to say that games look better as years go by?
Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pietrooper

and on graphics score? nearly every site scores gears higher or same as uncharted.

WilliamRLBaker

Because for one year's worth, Uncharted's graphics didn't leap foward like Gears did to GRAW. They merely tip-toed foward, but still better.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Pietrooper

Because for one year's worth, Uncharted's graphics didn't leap foward like Gears did to GRAW. They merely tip-toed foward, but still better.

sry but no, gears is still the console king, graphics are still scored higher in that game then in uncharted and the game still has a higher average overall score.

CraigJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 CraigJK
Member since 2004 • 2767 Posts
I was just happy with Uncharted's graphics because It looked good through using a wide variety of colors, where, although it's argueable if it looks "better" than Gears of War, Gears doesn't have much of a color scheme.
SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SwiftDragon616

WilliamRLBaker

WilliamRLBaker

This is an opinion, it was widley stated that uncharted was overall more impressive than gears.

Gears 2 doesn't look all that much different from the current scans.., not that that's a bad thing, but they could deffinetley look better.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]Uncharted will be dethroned this year, by a lot of games, if not gears 2.maverickx04

This is why I find "console graphics king" so ridiculous, even if a game was released with better visuals, its releasing a much later time than uncharted. Meaning that the developer had plenty of time to make a better looking game.

so a console graphics king will inevitably be taken over by another....so whats the point of having a position like that open?

I don't think you understand how game development works. Just because a game is released a year later doesn't mean they worked on the game longer than the game that came before it. A game that takes 2 years to make can very well look better than a game that takes 4.

Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pietrooper
[QUOTE="Pietrooper"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

sry but no, gears is still the console king, graphics are still scored higher in that game then in uncharted and the game still has a higher average overall score.

That's because..overall, as a game...Gears was better. But Uncharted looks better :|

SwiftDragon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SwiftDragon616
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Pietrooper"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Pietrooper

That's because..overall, as a game...Gears was better. But Uncharted looks better :|

I actually thought uncharted was more fun, but it's all debatable.

I felt uncharted shooting system felt much more viscerale, as well as it's over all combat and movement.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
[QUOTE="maverickx04"]

[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]Uncharted will be dethroned this year, by a lot of games, if not gears 2.justforlotr2004

I don't think you understand how game development works. Just because a game is released a year later doesn't mean they worked on the game longer than the game that came before it. A game that takes 2 years to make can very well look better than a game that takes 4.

He obviously doesn't know how a kings throne works either. When one king passes a new one is chosen. The way TC is explaining it would mean that people think its unfair that the new king is younger that the old king. (I think I'm saying this in a way that makes sense lol)

masters89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 masters89
Member since 2004 • 1930 Posts
Uncharted is The king . End of the story.
clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

3 points:

maverickx04

Wow u must really be as smart as incredible hulk to know Uncharted was made by Insomniac, lol. Anyways I think u meant to say Naughty Dog are the developers who made Uncharted Drakes Fortune. Anyways uncharted is the best looking console game ive seen thus far but no one ever said it was better looking then crysis, only a blind fanboy would think so. I also said it in another thread that I think gears of war 2 will reclaim the console graphics king when it is released besides everyone is making a big deal out of this. Heres how it boils down. Gears of War gameplay>> Uncharted. Uncharted Graphics>> Gears. Gears is a better all around game and has more replay value then Uncharted. I think Uncharted has better graphics and is a great game but it was too short and ill prolly give the story to uncharted but gears of war is still a better all around game. End of story. :)

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

you didn't really explain why it's ridiculous. it's the console graphics king because it's currently considered the best looking console game.CaseyWegner

Casey reveals his true identity...he's been a secret cow all along! :o

j/k :P

NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#50 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

3 points:

maverickx04

Your argument is invalid