The haters have not changed their view of the PS3 since 2006!

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Sad really, haters still consider PS3 expensive after the major prize cut, they still consider PS3 to have no games or lack of games even though 2008 had plenty of amazing games for the system. Also haters still consider Blu-ray to be useless even though there have been games to show the importance of blu-ray and the fact that its ganing ground on a monthly basis.

I have been hearing this since 2006/07 and I can bet you that no matter how many prize cuts PS3 has, how many awesome games get released and the importance of blu-ray increases the haters will still use the same arguments against the PS3. They dont see PS3 for what it is, a quality top-tier system thats jam-packed with features and delivers proper HD gaming. I guess if I was blind I would use the same silly argument to bash the PS3 :P
Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts

Sad really, haters still consider PS3 expensive after the major prize cutSwift_Boss_A

It's still expensive. The 80gb costs as much as a 360 ELITE.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Its also sad that your damage controlling upon hearing the confirmation of sonys 3rd place finish this console gen :lol:
theMarshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 theMarshell
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
well you can't blame people for 06 and the better part of 07, because the PS3 had nothing at all. But I changed my veiw because I seen things I wanted that wasn't avalible on the 360. O and for the sake of argument people are still complaining about the RROD even after MS made a new chipset and started the 3 year warrenty. Blu ray is good for gaming I will admit but not to the poit you trying to make it, the only game that really used it was MGS$, and that was only because of the cutscenes. But yeah i agree on some of your points.
Avatar image for foreverflame890
foreverflame890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 foreverflame890
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts
Still hurt by the news that the 360 is reaching the 30 million mark..:lol:
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
The thing is, it still is expensive, it still doesn't have a particularly compelling library, Blu-Ray still isn't cheap enough to become the dominant format, and even though you failed to mention it, PSN is still well behind XBL. The PS3 has certainly improved, but so has the competition.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Sad really, haters still consider PS3 expensive after the major prize cutParasomniac

And you get more for your money with the PS3.
aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Sad really, haters still consider PS3 expensive after the major prize cutParasomniac

And it's still a better value. I don't understand.
Do people want an arcade version of the ps3?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I's still expensive. The 80gb costs as much as a 360 ELITE.

And in terms of gaming, you don't gain much, except for MGS4. Everythign else is either not system seller, or available on teh 360. You can get a 360 and bluray player for the price of the PS3's base model. Or an elite for still cheaper than the base model. I got my elite for $350 (CDN) a year and a half ago from ebay, and you still cant beat that price.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#10 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Price. Not prize.:x Sorry, it bugged me. :P

And there are those that no matter how many great games the PS3 gets, those people will not be attracted to those games whether it be because they don't like the genres or the games themselves or the PS3 and Sony really did push them over the edge.

Really, I don't see how disliking one console leads to disliking the games on said console aside from the obvious answer of fanboyism, but meh... to each his own.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
I find it humorous that when the 360 was released at $400 it wasn't expensive and now that the PS3 is being sold for that amount roughly it's now too expensive.
Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
And it's still a better value.aflakian
It doesn't come with a headset or component cables, and has 40gb less hardrive space.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#13 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Proper HD gaming... yet Sony supplies no HD cables with their PS3s. :lol:
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It's still doing poorly compared to the competition, so of course people are still going to slam it. It's a good machine, and it has some nice games, but it just can't match up to what else is out there for less money.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Still hurt by the news that the 360 is reaching the 30 million mark..:lol:foreverflame890

Jumping jellybeans! 360 is selling fast! :o 10 mins ago I heard a confirmation of 28 million and 10 mins later MS managed to sell another 2 million units! :o at this rate PS3 will never catch up!
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="foreverflame890"]Still hurt by the news that the 360 is reaching the 30 million mark..:lol:Swift_Boss_A

Jumping jellybeans! 360 is selling fast! :o 10 mins ago I heard a confirmation of 28 million and 10 mins later MS managed to sell another 2 million units! :o at this rate PS3 will never catch up!

.....he said reaching.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I find it humorous that when the 360 was released at $400 it wasn't expensive and now that the PS3 is being sold for that amount roughly it's now too expensive.BumFluff122

I think has to do with how bad the economy is at the moment for some people. $400 might of not been an issue for some 2-3 years ago, but due to the recessive crysis it has affected them.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BumFluff122
[QUOTE="foreverflame890"]Still hurt by the news that the 360 is reaching the 30 million mark..:lol:Swift_Boss_A

Errr.... Ummmm...... Sales come in spurts?
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]I find it humorous that when the 360 was released at $400 it wasn't expensive and now that the PS3 is being sold for that amount roughly it's now too expensive.istreakforfood

I think has to do with how bad the economy is at the moment for some people. $400 might of not been an issue for some 2-3 years ago, but due to the recessive crysis it has affected them.

People were saying this even when the economy was half decent.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Agent M stopped caring after FF13
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Sad really, haters still consider PS3 expensive after the major prize cut, they still consider PS3 to have no games or lack of games even though 2008 had plenty of amazing games for the system. Also haters still consider Blu-ray to be useless even though there have been games to show the importance of blu-ray and the fact that its ganing ground on a monthly basis.

I have been hearing this since 2006/07
and I can bet you that no matter how many prize cuts PS3 has, how many awesome games get released and the importance of blu-ray increases the haters will still use the same arguments against the PS3. They dont see PS3 for what it is, a quality top-tier system thats jam-packed with features and delivers proper HD gaming.I guess if I was blind I would use the same silly argument to bash the PS3 :PAfro_Samurai1

Haters will always be haters. But the PS3 is still expensive. Its still the price of what the 360 was 3 years ago man.

Well nobody said that haters would be logical

Blu-Ray is not needed and there has been no game that shows its importance. If PS3 used DVD9 it could achieve the same games it has now via the installations it already does in the same way the PC does it. We got con'd into Blu-Ray and for people like myself who don't even own HDTV's its straight milkage as its a thing I never wanted and was never needed for gaming. Especially when you're using game installations.

And at the same time haven't the cows been saying the same things since then as well? Just Wait until 07, 08, 09??? The year of PS3 07, 08, 09? Mavericks are Mavericks it really doesn't matter which branch they come from.

They're Mavericks man. How do you expect them to understand? But in all seriousness the importance of blu-ray LOL. There is none that involves gaming. Well unless they ban hardrive installations from the PS3 that is.

Some don't care about a console being jam packed with features. Some only care about games. And no console delivers proper HD gaming only PC does that. To be top tier you can't be finishing 3rd in games behind the 360 and PC but yeah they are still up there. But top tier would mean they are at the top of the game. Something they clearly aren't there yet.

Do you need me to bring up all the silly arguments you've brought up on the 360 in the past lol. Come on man you know it goes both ways. Especially you of all people. But yeah that last part of your post made me laugh lol.

Oh hows the Tekken 6 thing going. You weren't around for that? Agent M16 had a fit.

now that is just to many colors to get your point across you deserve a slap

Yeah its my trademark taste the rainbow post sty1e. "That is copyrighted by the way St1ak lol" (sorry for spelling)

Thats like male on female violence. Not cool.

But BlackBond doesn't do slappings. He has his boys Cryme Tyme handle business for him.

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Afro_Samurai1
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Haters will always be haters. But the PS3 is still expensive. Its still the price of what the 360 was 3 years ago man.

Blu-Ray is not needed and there has been no game that shows its importance. If PS3 used DVD9 it could achieve the same games it has now via the installations it already does in the same way the PC does it. We got con'd into Blu-Ray and for people like myself who don't even own HDTV's its straight milkage as its a thing I never wanted and was never needed for gaming. Especially when you're using game installations.

And at the same time haven't the cows been saying the same things since then as well? Just Wait until 07, 08, 09??? The year of PS3 07, 08, 09? Mavericks are Mavericks it really doesn't matter which branch they come from.

They're Mavericks man. How do you expect them to understand? But in all seriousness the importance of blu-ray LOL. There is none that involves gaming. Well unless they ban hardrive installations from the PS3 that is.

Some don't care about a console being jam packed with features. Some only care about games. And no console delivers proper HD gaming only PC does that. To be top tier you can't be finishing 3rd in games behind the 360 and PC but yeah they are still up there. But top tier would mean they are at the top of the game. Something they clearly aren't there yet.

Do you need me to bring up all the silly arguments you've brought up on the 360 in the past lol. Come on man you know it goes both ways. Especially you of all people. But yeah that last part of your post made me laugh lol.

Oh hows the Tekken 6 thing going. You weren't around for that? Agent M16 had a fit.

Blackbond

now that is just to many colors to get your point across you deserve a slap

Yeah its my trademark taste the rainbow post sty1e. "That is copyrighted by the way St1ak lol" (sorry for spelling)

Thats like male on female violence. Not cool.

But BlackBond doesn't do slappings. He has his boys Cryme Tyme handle business for him.

Directed towards cyrme tyme.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackbond

Afro_Samurai1

You're squirrel is now road kill :lol:

masterflame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 masterflame10
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 4 proved Blu-Ray can play a great role in the gaming industry.
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Afro_Samurai1
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]

Blackbond

You're squirrel is now road kill :lol:

my squirrles are trained fighters they wouldn't lose that easy

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

And the haters' arguments against the Xbox 360 and Wii haven't changed since 2005 and 2006 respectively either.

Xbox 360 - RROD, Xbox Live isn't free

Wii - No hardcore games, filled with nothing but shovelware

What's your point?

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

To the person that said the bd format is too expensive:

Did you think Dvd's were dirt cheap after two years in the mainstream? Nope. THey were just as expensive. And so was getting a dvd drive in your computer or laptop as well. Yet today, some dvds(even television series) are more expensive if not the SAME price as it is on blu ray. Not to mention, more and more laptops and computers are coming out with blu ray drives, and those computers are at a comparative price.

New releases on DVD are still around 25 bucks. For a format that has been around for 10 years or more...don't you find that a bit pricey?

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

Haters still use the "PS3 is expensive" argument because the argument is still valid. After 2 years the PS3 still cost more then the competition did at launch. Yay, it has Blu Ray, how does that affect the majority of people who just want to play some games? All those extra features are only a plus if people actually want or need them, which, unfortunately, many do not.

Besides, it's not like other fanboys aren't still talking about RROD or how the Wii is lacking "hardcore" games.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond

Did you think Dvd's were dirt cheap after two years in the mainstream? Nope. THey were just as expensive. And so was getting a dvd drive in your computer or laptop as well. Yet today, some dvds(even television series) are more expensive if not the SAME price as it is on blu ray. Not to mention, more and more laptops and computers are coming out with blu ray drives, and those computers are at a comparative price.

New releases on DVD are still around 25 bucks. For a format that has been around for 10 years or more...don't you find that a bit pricey?

siefier25

This is the video games forum the movie forum is in another castle.

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts
what and the "haters" have changed their views on the 360. Its been the same 4 letters since 2005.RROD, even though microsoft has paid 1 billion to fix the problem. The cost is expensive, $400 for the worst verson, thats double the cost of a arcade. Yes that was the 360's price last year but we dropped the price too. Also Im sick of the who wants to buy a arcade 360, maybe casual gamers want too, I mean its like everbody forgets that its included with memory, controler and 5 free arcade game. Yes its not the best deal but a $400 HD console that has no HD cables and half the memory of the best xbox that costs the same price thats not a good deal either
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Sad really, haters still consider PS3 expensive after the major prize cut, they still consider PS3 to have no games or lack of games even though 2008 had plenty of amazing games for the system. Also haters still consider Blu-ray to be useless even though there have been games to show the importance of blu-ray and the fact that its ganing ground on a monthly basis.

I have been hearing this since 2006/07
and I can bet you that no matter how many prize cuts PS3 has, how many awesome games get released and the importance of blu-ray increases the haters will still use the same arguments against the PS3. They dont see PS3 for what it is, a quality top-tier system thats jam-packed with features and delivers proper HD gaming.I guess if I was blind I would use the same silly argument to bash the PS3 :PBlackbond

Tekken 6 You say? LOL i never gave a straw about tekken and besides in my fanboy days I was well aware that tekken could help hardware sales a bit, nothing off the charts, Fighting games were never my coup of tea either, except for KOF and guilty gear, when tekken went multi while disappointed a little I wasnt personally offended or anything, I didnt buy a Ps3 for that Game. FFXIII is another story, that was a key factor in my purchase decision.

Now I dont care about hardware sales and the die is cast, Ps3 3rd, 360 2nd, Wii 1st. It will never change, there was a time when the Ps3 had everything it needed to outsell the 360 or even the wii eventually but not anymore, thats not a moot point.

Happy new year I guess.

to the Original Poster, its futile to defend the Ps3 here, it can get 70 AAAAEs, all we'll hear is last place this, 3rd place, doomed, discontinued anytime soon etc etc that so I dont Even bother really man

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blackbond

to the Original Poster, its futile to defend the Ps3 here, it can get 70 AAAAEs, all we'll hear is last place this, 3rd place, doomed, discontinued anytime soon etc etc that so I dont Even bother really man

AgentA-Mi6

That would make it undeniably the best platform as the barometer everyone uses in SW is GS's score.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#35 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Also haters still consider Blu-ray to be useless even though there have been games to show the importance of blu-raySwift_Boss_A
what games have done that? the games that fill up the disc tend to be the ones with about 9 different language tracks that no one will ever listen to.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Blackbond

That would make it undeniably the best platform as the barometer everyone uses in SW is GS's score.

Still everytime I see someone trying to speak for the Ps3 with games he/she gets sales plastered all over his thread, putting down anything positive with the last place card, I will gradually stop coming here unless people debate games primarly and not sales, that poor dead horse the Ps3 is in terms of sales is beaten badly every day and im tired of it
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

AgentA-Mi6

Still everytime I see someone trying to speak for the Ps3 with games he/she gets sales plastered all over his thread, putting down anything positive with the last place card, I will gradually stop coming here unless people debate games primarly and not sales, that poor dead horse the Ps3 is in terms of sales is beaten badly every day and im tired of it

The Barometer in SW has always been GS scores and Sales. Neither favor the PS3 so what did you think was going to happen?

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Blackbond

The Barometer in SW has always been GS scores and Sales. Neither favor the PS3 so what did you think was going to happen?

If we cant have debate about video games here then there's no fun, at least not for me.
tek91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tek91
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

The haters are just upset knowing they made the wrong decision in not waiting for the PS 3 and instead picked up the xbox with worst game, rrod they know they are stuck with the cheap system.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#40 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

I agree the media still loves to report bad news about the PS3.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

I fail to see how the "haters" are "blind". Isn't the PS3 still the most expensive console on the market? Aren't the majority of games these days multiplat, with superior performances on the PC calling into question the "advantage" of Blu-Ray? Isn't it rather odd to call a fixed-hardware console "top-tier" when it is on par with entry level gaming PCs?

-

All I see are the same things I always see - people heavily financially or emotionally invested into a particular brand trying to claim superiority. It's annoying to see so-called claims of "logic" used to shore-up conclusions that can only be reached by ignoring the dictates of reason...

I find it humorous that when the 360 was released at $400 it wasn't expensive and now that the PS3 is being sold for that amount roughly it's now too expensive.BumFluff122

"Expensive" is relative - when the 360 launched in 2005 there was no other console of its kind on the market. When the PS3 launched a year later, it cost $200 more than a console that delivered an equivalent gaming experience. Now, two years later, the PS3 is still $200 more than the 360. What's changed? When you can buy a stand-alone Blu-Ray player AND a 360 for less than a PS3, the price of the PS3 is too high.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blackbond

The haters are just upset knowing they made the wrong decision in not waiting for the PS 3 and instead picked up the xbox with worst game, rrod they know they are stuck with the cheap system.

tek91

And yet they still buy more games for it lol

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
I agree that them PS3 is great an all, but saying it is not expensive is a bit over doing it... The console should have been launched at 400, if not less, not get 2 price drops before arriving at it.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
I own one, but it was expensive. There's no getting around that one. The console isn't cheap.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BumFluff122

siefier25
A 2x blu-ray drive for the computer costs $200. A 4x blu-ray drive for the computer costs over $400. A blu-ray writer for the computer costs upward of $800 for a computer. A DVD writer for the computer costs upwards of $20. Check ncix.com to get the latest prices. (All prices in Canadian funds)
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BumFluff122

"Expensive" is relative - when the 360 launched in 2005 there was no other console of its kind on the market. When the PS3 launched a year later, it cost $200 more than a console that delivered an equivalent gaming experience. Now, two years later, the PS3 is still $200 more than the 360. What's changed? When you can buy a stand-alone Blu-Ray player AND a 360 for less than a PS3, the price of the PS3 is too high.

subrosian

Yes it is relative. Just like saying "The PS3 costs the same price as the 360 did at launch". That is relative and people had no problems forking over $400 for a console and a game or two. I agree that the PS3 is expensive and I bought a 360 at launch. The reason it is expensive is because Sony used playstation fans as scapegoats to get their new products on the market therefor driving the price up and putting it out of the reach of many.

All I said was "I find it funny that people are calling the PS3 expensive when it is the same price they forked over for their 360 at launch." And it is. It's hillarious watching some people hypocritically going at it in SW.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Oh dear, another 'no games' thread by a cow. How.......unexpected
KSU-Wildcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 KSU-Wildcat
Member since 2008 • 859 Posts

I fail to see how the "haters" are "blind". Isn't the PS3 still the most expensive console on the market? Aren't the majority of games these days multiplat, with superior performances on the PC calling into question the "advantage" of Blu-Ray? Isn't it rather odd to call a fixed-hardware console "top-tier" when it is on par with entry level gaming PCs?

-

All I see are the same things I always see - people heavily financially or emotionally invested into a particular brand trying to claim superiority. It's annoying to see so-called claims of "logic" used to shore-up conclusions that can only be reached by ignoring the dictates of reason...

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]I find it humorous that when the 360 was released at $400 it wasn't expensive and now that the PS3 is being sold for that amount roughly it's now too expensive.subrosian

Could not have said it better...I believe the expression is, "/thread"?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
1- it is expensive 2- The games arguement was stupid to begin with...but you can argue that the PS3 is no where near the library of the 360 or PC at this point in time(with MGS 4) 3- NO game has shown the importance of Bluray....no one game has show that is dramatically superior on the PS3 because of bluray....JRPGs come on multiple discs big deal. 4- It's spelled "Price" not prize cut....sorry had to do it :P 5- Ofcourse the haters haven't changed...It's not like the cows changed there ignorant/arrogant ways since 06 either.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i love my PS3 and is my main consoles but its ridiculous to say it is not expensive... PS3 is expensive and unfortunately its higher price is reflecting its sales... at first i was one of those who said PS3 is not selling because its lacking games (back in early 2007)...but then games started coming out and 2008 was an amazing year in terms of software and upgrades for online service which put it on par with what its competition offered... (ok people might argue that xbox live is better but since its not a free service it really doesnt offer that much which justifies its cost)..

Now we're in Jan 2009 and PS3 is still having a hard time selling on par with its competition, so its really not a matter of the system lacking features (Blu-ray + many multimedia features + HDD standard in all models etc), or else games (MGSIV, unhcarted, LBP, R2 etc + many multiplats available and upcoming titles) or a good online service (yes PSN is a very good online service), the problem is its price... Am sure that the bashing against PS3 would be much less if PS3 wasnt so expensive since that would lead to much better sales and thus haters would have no reasons to bash PS3 as a console...