pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Wouldn’t attach rates naturally be high if the content selection is limited? Wonder why lems pick this metric, oh wait...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

The attach rate argument is a moronic one at best. GTA San Andreas sold 17 million on PS2 on a user base of 155 million but these morons' arguments it's a flop. I wonder if the idiots are gonna still be calling GOW a flop after it surpasses 10 million.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts
@pdogg93 said:

Wouldn’t attach rates naturally be high if the content selection is limited? Wonder why lems pick this metric, oh wait...

Im not sure why EITHER side use this silly metric.

Attach rate has so many variables that it isnt even worth mentioning without considering all possibilities.

Type of game, time of year, game score, genre, new ip, interation (first game, sequels), how long on market, etc.

I dont think there is a developer out that that hopes for a 10% attach rate that isnt a launch title or bundled

That is extremely high

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@pdogg93: Yes! That's a good argument against walled gardens and blocking BC in general, too.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@recloud:

Like i said in other thread :

Different games from different genres sell to different demographics. Just because 80 mil. people bought a PS4, versus the 36 million that bought a Xbone, that doesn’t mean the percentages for each demographic are going to be the same. Raw numbers are the only relevant measure, otherwise we’d be calling the Wii U a massive success. By attach ratio logic, Halo 4 on 360 should’ve sold 4 times as many copies as Halo 3. Right, Xbone fans? Right! You tried!

Xbone fans trying so hard to prove something and they failed in the last 5 years.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@tgob89 said:

@xantufrog:

As you requested, this...

is an example of one of the users I was speaking of.

Self claimed "hermit" so yeah...

Just for clarifications.

Where is your proof that I have made this narrative in the context you are using it?

still desperate to convince yourself I'm a lem? does it make you feel better?

"buh buh THE LEMMINGS"

Never said you made it...just a promoter of said argument...

@kali-b1rd said:
@mowgly1 said:

Because this :

Why are you Cows unable to accept this basic logic?

3.1 million with 80 million PS4s?

Why you mentioned 80 mil. PS4s?

Because that is a lower attach rate compared to other titles? mostly MP ones?

again, none of you prove phil spencer wrong, you are just circle jerking eachother with desperate numbers and ratings. which doesn't reflect who is actually playing what.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/god-of-war-sells-over-31m-units-in-first-3-days-ph-33431508/?page=7

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXPOSED LIAR

Time for you to proceed to your next phase...DAMAGE CONTROLLLLL!!!

K thx bye!

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@tgob89: not surprising since he's one of the most salty and hypocritical user of the board.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ReCloud

@mowgly1: I totally agree with you. And attach rate is not a valid success measurement.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@Ant_17: I laughed.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@recloud said:

@zaryia: so, nothing to counterpoint, then? Another concede, thanks for playing.

Another concede?

You mean concession? Lmao you can't even insult people properly.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@tgob89 said:

@xantufrog:

As you requested, this...

is an example of one of the users I was speaking of.

Self claimed "hermit" so yeah...

Just for clarifications.

Where is your proof that I have made this narrative in the context you are using it?

still desperate to convince yourself I'm a lem? does it make you feel better?

"buh buh THE LEMMINGS"

Never said you made it...just a promoter of said argument...

@kali-b1rd said:
@mowgly1 said:

Because this :

Why are you Cows unable to accept this basic logic?

3.1 million with 80 million PS4s?

Why you mentioned 80 mil. PS4s?

Because that is a lower attach rate compared to other titles? mostly MP ones?

again, none of you prove phil spencer wrong, you are just circle jerking eachother with desperate numbers and ratings. which doesn't reflect who is actually playing what.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/god-of-war-sells-over-31m-units-in-first-3-days-ph-33431508/?page=7

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXPOSED LIAR

Time for you to proceed to your next phase...DAMAGE CONTROLLLLL!!!

K thx bye!

Again context, that was refering to the whole Phil Spencer debate, the whole point being he was not wrong by saying MP games are bigger than SP games.

So again, this imaginary narrative stating that God of War flopped is a load of S*it, no suprise there from you and recloud.

does the caps help you fail even better? :D

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Solid argument. While I personally enjoy seeing information like attach rates (I'm a numbers type of loser), simply looking at the attach rate of an individual game on one platform doesn't really say anything. It can be more useful for multiplatform games to see if Xbox consumers are buying at a similar rate to PlayStation or Switch consumers (although tough to do with no real hardware numbers). If there is one thing we do know, is that a larger install base allows for more niche titles to exist (Ni No Kuni 2, Nier Automata, etc.) and be successful. Beyond that, attach rates don't do us much good from a system wars perspective.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@CRUSHER88 said:

Solid argument. While I personally enjoy seeing information like attach rates (I'm a numbers type of loser), simply looking at the attach rate of an individual game on one platform doesn't really say anything. It can be more useful for multiplatform games to see if Xbox consumers are buying at a similar rate to PlayStation or Switch consumers (although tough to do with no real hardware numbers). If there is one thing we do know, is that a larger install base allows for more niche titles to exist (Ni No Kuni 2, Nier Automata, etc.) and be successful. Beyond that, attach rates don't do us much good from a system wars perspective.

I agree to an extent, but the PS4 and Xbox are very similar devices and pretty much share 95% of thier library with eachother... and are of similar quality/power. This means to a degree that 30 million vs 80 million will typically mean most games will sell more on the latter, even if specific games are better on the earlier. (The whole GT Sport vs Forza debate which sparked all this crap to begin with)

Nevermind the fact that there is only one Gran Turismo game on PS4, vs 5 on Xbox One, many might not see the need to jump over to the new title.

Is that really disputable? (with the rare exception.)

The Switch cannot be compared because it just simply isn't able to mirror the other 2.

The PC cannot be compared because it's range in every fathomable way (Range of games, range of countries, range of types of games etc) is much larger, 1 new big game is a drop in the ocean of choices.

This *perspective* was poorly represented by myself previously, and then twisted by a bunch of fanboy cucks.

The bottom line was that these cucks make out these handful of exclusives (less than 10 after 5 years) had more value than MP games (which phil spencer suggested). You could simply use sales and ignore attachment yes...

But an exclusive selling more on a userbase double the size with the SAME RANGE OF GAMES (get that into your heads) is a no brainer.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ReCloud

@zaryia: still nothing then? I'm glad you agreed that you lost.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ReCloud

@kali-b1rd: amazing how you're so butthurt about Phil having being proved wrong. Anyway, as usual, you derailed the thread, failed to bring any counterpoints, tried to twist the attach rate narrative to prove something and failed. You also failed to show any PC game better than God of war, Mario and Zelda.

Well, Ive never expected much from you anyway.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

All this stupid arguments about attach rates coming from butthurt fanboys that want to downplay PS4s success. Weve heard for first time things like

1) Exclusives dont matter anymore

2) There are no console generations anymore

3) PS4 games this , PS4 games that

4) Single player games dont sell anymore

5) PS4 has no games ( notorious slogan from sheep in 2014 all over internet )

6) PS4 games are all the same

7) PS4 has no multiplayer games

8) PS4 has no good online

9) PS4 controller is bad

And now we have the attach rate of exclusives, if its low = fail.

All those statements and logic thru the years is because PS4 delivered and still doing it and it seems will keep doing it till the very end making some butthurt.

Having Lems with zero exclusives finding reasons to bash PS4 and its AAA games or sheep when Wii U is dead for some years now is as funny as it gets.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@recloud said:

@kali-b1rd: amazing how you're so butthurt about Phil having being proved wrong. Anyway, as usual, you derailed the thread, failed to bring any counterpoints, tried to twist the attach rate narrative to prove something and failed. You also failed to show any PC game better than God of war, Mario and Zelda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least he realized that he is an idiot who posts stupid things that any sane person would be ashamed of. That's why he made a new account thinking it would wipe his old one. Too bad. Everybody can still laugh at him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#68 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Attach Rate has no games.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ReCloud

@nethernova: just wait for him to comeback with a 20 page essay nobody will read, get mocked for it and start a tantrum over us.

It's his classic behavior.

Lol "Deactivation isn't the main issue on its own, unless this whipes all my posts away too?"

He was ashamed of his old posts, what a clown.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@nethernova said:
@recloud said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least he realized that he is an idiot who posts stupid things that any sane person would be ashamed of. That's why he made a new account thinking it would wipe his old one. Too bad. Everybody can still laugh at him.

? It’s amazing how someone can continue to be so stupid. He’s got to be one of the dumbest posters in SW history and that’s saying a lot.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#71 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70141 Posts

So when a game sells a lot,attachment rate would matter again. Its funny how delicate Sony fannies egos are. This thread existence is so freaking hilarious.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Attach rate should only be brought up when discussing if a game is a “system seller” or a niche title. And as far as video games are concerned, a 5%-10% attach rate is very very good.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ReCloud

@Pedro: so, no counterpoints, right?

Thanks for playing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

@recloud: You don't have a point. You are simply trying to damage control some random MS fanny's argument about attach rates which struck a nerve so bad you needed to create this thread. LOL?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@recloud: Like all statistics, you just simply look at the context. There's nothing wrong with using those numbers, just use them appropriately.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ReCloud

@Pedro: so, you still can't come up with a counterpoint? I'll take that as a concede.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@tgob89 said:
@drlostrib said:
@tgob89 said:
@xantufrog said:

@tgob89: what hermits? PC gamers probably have the smallest attach rates due to the volume of the library. Ironically, you're the one who runs around "loling" over "games nobody has heard of" (a distinctly console-AAA-centric attach-rate oriented view)

what?

Anyway, for your first question, I can only take what people claim here. If I say hermit, it's because they "claim" to be hermits.

Anyone who owns multiple systems can claim whatever they want but they could be lying as many from the xbox camp have fled to PC but still harbor the same attitude, posting habits and mindset of an xbox fanboy.

Or is it just anyone that doesn't worship Sony and playstation?

Clearly, anyone who doesn't make idiotic hypocritical arguments!

Maybe it's confusing for someone like yourself who's trying to defend narrative that won't even work in favor of your own preferred platform, but for anyone else who isn't also as delusional as the posters who created and defend that moronic argument, they will understand.

Don't know why you still make it your mission to quote where ever I post like a stalker. I've told you to stop post stalking me on the board. I'll say it again, I don't want any interactions with you so stop quoting me.

Dude, it's SW, don't take it so seriously

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@nethernova said:
@recloud said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who are you and why should I care honestly? What did you link that was so thought provoking?

I've made it no secret that I deleted my account, and removing posts had nothing to do with any of you people... otherwise I wouldn't be back here.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@recloud said:

@drlostrib: derailing the thread adding "muh salty" is you conceding.

conceding what?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Kali-B1rd

@recloud said:

@nethernova: just wait for him to comeback with a 20 page essay nobody will read, get mocked for it and start a tantrum over us.

It's his classic behavior.

Lol "Deactivation isn't the main issue on its own, unless this whipes all my posts away too?"

He was ashamed of his old posts, what a clown.

You truly are a cretin.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ReCloud

@kali-b1rd: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pedro

@recloud: I don't counter damage control threads created because your feelings was hurt. ?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@quadknight said:
@nethernova said:
@recloud said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

? It’s amazing how someone can continue to be so stupid. He’s got to be one of the dumbest posters in SW history and that’s saying a lot.

Based on?

Because it seems to be the same few cretins that say this. All from the same camp.

cmon quakers.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ReCloud

@Pedro: ok

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@recloud: Now that's what you call conceding? Learn from the master.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ReCloud

@Pedro: you know, your new way of talk, emulating quadknight is extremely weird.

Just shows you have no argument and lost the discussion ages ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@recloud said:

@Pedro: you know, your new way of talk, emulating quadknight is extremely weird.

Just shows you have no argument and lost the discussion ages ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

? or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, that sums you up!

You lot lowered the bar to this point. Hes just speaking your language now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pedro

@kali-b1rd: Always fight stupid with stupid. ?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ReCloud

@Pedro: @kali-b1rd: yet neither of you could disprove my initial point.

Smh.

And I see Kali got butthurt over the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11240 Posts
@recloud said:

@MonsieurX: I'll take that answer as a concede.

Thanks for playing.

There was never any ground they had to stand on with this. They have no more angles to fight. Considering this makes Xbox look worse since every PC with Windows 10 is essentially an Xbox... making the attach rates for their games like .000009% now.