The Final Four...complete experiences matter....

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][Or maybe you are so ignorant. Sorry the FACT is that complete games or games with strong gameplay are remembered far more than gimmick one trick ponies.super600

What "gimmick" are you referring to?

He's talking about games that mostly rely on emotional and gripping stories.

Pretty sad that one needs to omit games based on that limitation.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14918 Posts
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And yet what will be remebered more this gen...the Mass Effect series or TWD? Easy question. Assassin's Creed or TWD? Borderlands 2 or TWD?heeweesRus

Again, how does one franchise being more poplar equate to another franchise being forgotten? Also, if Mass Effect will be remembered more than TWD, why do you feel the need to take out your buttfustration on it>

He's butthurt that your choices in TWD actually matter in the end unlike ME3.

Wow, are you a complete moron? Other way around...TWD choices do not matter, in ME3 they do. TWD has one ending, with slight variation. ME3 has drastic different outcomes from choices throught the entire trilogy.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

What "gimmick" are you referring to?

lundy86_4

He's talking about games that mostly rely on emotional and gripping stories.

Pretty sad that one needs to omit games based on that limitation.

Games with subpar gameplay SHOULD be omitted. TWD is subpar in its gameplay compared to other adventure games...hell, even against Heavy Rain, its a step back.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And yet what will be remebered more this gen...the Mass Effect series or TWD? Easy question. Assassin's Creed or TWD? Borderlands 2 or TWD?texasgoldrush

Again, how does one franchise being more poplar equate to another franchise being forgotten? Also, if Mass Effect will be remembered more than TWD, why do you feel the need to take out your buttfustration on it>

Why do I take my frusteration out on TWD? Maybe because it has more to do with the fact that is NOT A COMPLETE GAME, and that its gameplay is below average for its GENRE. Because instead of trying to be the best it can be in all areas, it specializes and lets facets of the game be subpar. And its not just ME3, the other three games are all better, and I can EASILY make the case of Borderlands 2 being GOTY.

So you admit it. You're mad becuase another game is getting more attention than your precious Mass Effect.

That's bar none the most pathetic thing I've heard on SW.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Thefatness16

Why do I take my frusteration out on TWD? Maybe because it has more to do with the fact that is NOT A COMPLETE GAME, and that its gameplay is below average for its GENRE. Because instead of trying to be the best it can be in all areas, it specializes and lets facets of the game be subpar. And its not just ME3, the other three games are all better, and I can EASILY make the case of Borderlands 2 being GOTY.

So you admit it. You're mad becuase another game is getting more attention than your precious Mass Effect.

That's bar none the most pathetic thing I've heard on SW.

Nope.....Mass Effect will always have more attention than the TWD and it will be more remembered. Its the other effect, where you can win GOTY with gimmicks and subpar gameplay, which will dumb down game quality.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Or maybe you are so ignorant. Sorry the FACT is that complete games or games with strong gameplay are remembered far more than gimmick one trick ponies.texasgoldrush

Games with emotional impact can also be remembered to.

Not as much as complete games that will be played for years.

You think TLOU will be played for years? :?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
LOL @ calling AC3 a complete game. Its one of the weakest games this year and basically just more Assassins Creed but not in a good way.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 texasgoldrush
LOL @ calling AC3 a complete game. Its one of the weakest games this year and basically just more Assassins Creed but not in a good way.mems_1224
It is a complete game, although weak in some areas. And it has been winning GOTY awards as well.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Nope.....Mass Effect will always have more attention than the TWD and it will be more remembered.texasgoldrush

If you're not mad, then why are you DC'ing all over this thread. It's very clear that TWD recent success has left you butthurt.

Its the other effect, where you can win GOTY with gimmicks and subpar gameplay, which will dumb down game quality.texasgoldrush

Again, no Mass Effect fan should criticize another games gameplay. Mass Effect's TPS mechanics are about as subpar as it gets.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="super600"]

Games with emotional impact can also be remembered to.

seanmcloughlin

Not as much as complete games that will be played for years.

If it lives up to the hype, yep.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]LOL @ calling AC3 a complete game. Its one of the weakest games this year and basically just more Assassins Creed but not in a good way.texasgoldrush
It is a complete game, although weak in some areas. And it has been winning GOTY awards as well.

Its not a complete game. Its buggy and half assed.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]LOL @ calling AC3 a complete game. Its one of the weakest games this year and basically just more Assassins Creed but not in a good way.mems_1224

I would not be as mean as mems is, but AC3 really does not look as interesting as AC1 or 2 and looks so bland and samey
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#63 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I voted for Mass Effect and Borderlands, but it looks like Borderlands won't make it
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Honestly, I was cool with AC3 until playing Far Cry 3. It just does everything AC3 does, but a LOT better. AC3 isn't even in the same league.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224
[QUOTE="MW2ismygame"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] It is a complete game, although weak in some areas. And it has been winning GOTY awards as well.

I would not be as mean as mems is, but AC3 really does not look as interesting as AC1 or 2 and looks so bland and samey

I've always like the AC games but AC3 and Revelations felt like the devs tried to add too many gimmicks instead of refining the aspects of the games that were done well. Having your own assassins was ruined because they never died. The crafting system was a useless mess. Hunting and the use of the bow and arrow weren't fun and the cities were pretty dull. There was a lot of potential but they crapped the bed with the awful story and missions.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="MW2ismygame"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] It is a complete game, although weak in some areas. And it has been winning GOTY awards as well.

This is somehwat true...but its because of the setting....the cities lack the grandeur of the past games. The naval battles are awesome though.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mems_1224

Honestly, I was cool with AC3 until playing Far Cry 3. It just does everything AC3 does, but a LOT better. AC3 isn't even in the same league.

AmayaPapaya
Pretty much. The hunting is better, the open world is better, climbing the towers to reveal the map is better, the stealth is better and it has probably the best use of a bow and arrow of any game. Far Cry 3 was a nice surprise this year.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="MW2ismygame"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its not a complete game. Its buggy and half assed.

This is somehwat true...but its because of the setting....the cities lack the grandeur of the past games. The naval battles are awesome though.

Thats not the thing. Im not blaming the new setting like i hate change, its different and i get that. Its just that it is not what you would expect from AC. There was just so much crammed into the game that they lost touch of the main part. The assassinations.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MW2ismygame"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its not a complete game. Its buggy and half assed.

I've always like the AC games but AC3 and Revelations felt like the devs tried to add too many gimmicks instead of refining the aspects of the games that were done well. Having your own assassins was ruined because they never died. The crafting system was a useless mess. Hunting and the use of the bow and arrow weren't fun and the cities were pretty dull. There was a lot of potential but they crapped the bed with the awful story and missions.

No, the story was the best in the series....its the only game in the series to have both protagonist character development and supporting cast development. The navy missions were legit, so that "gimmick" worked. Crafting, not so much. But it was never a big deal, you can ignore it and be fine.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="MW2ismygame"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="MW2ismygame"] I would not be as mean as mems is, but AC3 really does not look as interesting as AC1 or 2 and looks so bland and samey

Thats not the thing. Im not blaming the new setting like i hate change, its different and i get that. Its just that it is not what you would expect from AC. There was just so much crammed into the game that they lost touch of the main part. The assassinations.

However, this was also the problem with the first two games....it was focused too MUCH on assassinations that the story lost pacing.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mems_1224
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MW2ismygame"] I would not be as mean as mems is, but AC3 really does not look as interesting as AC1 or 2 and looks so bland and samey

No, the story was the best in the series....its the only game in the series to have both protagonist character development and supporting cast development. The navy missions were legit, so that "gimmick" worked. Crafting, not so much. But it was never a big deal, you can ignore it and be fine.

lol the story was not the best in the series. the story(especially the modern day story) was atrocious. Im not even a fan of the AC3 fiction but I feel bad for people that are.The navy missions were ok but not enough to make up for every other half assed gimmick in the game. The assassinations were really weak and not fun at all. In fact, you can play through the whole game without ever assassinating one of the main targets and the game never tells you that you have to do navy missions to get to him
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] I've always like the AC games but AC3 and Revelations felt like the devs tried to add too many gimmicks instead of refining the aspects of the games that were done well. Having your own assassins was ruined because they never died. The crafting system was a useless mess. Hunting and the use of the bow and arrow weren't fun and the cities were pretty dull. There was a lot of potential but they crapped the bed with the awful story and missions.

lol the story was not the best in the series. the story(especially the modern day story) was atrocious. Im not even a fan of the AC3 fiction but I feel bad for people that are.The navy missions were ok but not enough to make up for every other half assed gimmick in the game. The assassinations were really weak and not fun at all. In fact, you can play through the whole game without ever assassinating one of the main targets and the game never tells you that you have to do navy missions to get to him

But the modern day story was horrible the ENTIRE series, not just AC3. Three of the assassinations were great, especially the one on Bunker Hill, its better in that department than AC:B and AC;R. And the "gimmicks" can be skipped after they are introduced, you are not forced to do them. Biddle is not a main target.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Not as much as complete games that will be played for years.texasgoldrush

The next big thing will come along, likely TLOU 2 and no one will play the first again. That or new consoles will arrive soon.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#74 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

The next big thing will come along, likely TLOU 2 and no one will play the first again. That or new consoles will arrive soon.

No. If a game is good enough it will still be talked about. Most people said after Uncharted 3 Uncharted 2 would not be talked about anymore. That isn't true at all. Also, The same could be said about Half Life 1 and 2. I hear both being spoken of a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] If it lives up to the hype, yep.AmayaPapaya

No. If a game is good enough it will still be talked about. Most people said after Uncharted 3 Uncharted 2 would not be talked about anymore. That isn't true at all. Also, The same could be said about Half Life 1 and 2. I hear both being spoken of a lot.

Shhhh you're ruining it :evil: I'm trying to get a rise out of texas

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

and yet you failed. Didn't I mention Deus Ex in this thread? A game with sequels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="AmayaPapaya"]

texasgoldrush

and yet you failed. Didn't I mention Deus Ex in this thread? A game with sequels.

The whole thread failed, you yourself went way off point to what the OP was.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

seanmcloughlin

Californiagoldrush just owned you hard ohhhhhh snap!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#79 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
I'm mad insulted for Braid. Haven't played Far Cry 3, but on a purely gameplay level Braid was far more impressive in its genre, and while I'm not a fan of how Braid tells its story, what it does end up telling is quite good. Braid was fantastic. Which is more than I can say for the likes of Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Ass Creed 3, or hell even Journey(and I like Journey). And I don't care for underwhelming content for the sake of justifying a 60 dollar price tag. If a 10dollar/15 dollar game gave me a far better experience it's the better game. In this case Journey was a far more satisfying experience than AC3 ever was, and a far more interesting experience than ME 3 was as a game.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and like I said, critics are stupid....the games they are picking will be forgotten. Trust me, when Last Of Us gets released, TWD will be forgotten.texasgoldrush

No it won't, TWD won't be forgotten at all. Just from the VGA GOTY win alone would cement that. Never mind that gamers are all raving about it.

But it will be.... Do people remember many Oscar Best Picture winners? Esepecially the last 5 Best Picture winners?

The Artist, The King's Speech, The Hurt Locker, Slumdog Millionaire, No Country For Old Men and The Departed.

I did not look that up.

EDIT: Forgot a year.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] But it will be.... Do people remember many Oscar Best Picture winners? Esepecially the last 5 Best Picture winners?texasgoldrush

ugh... you are such a moron.

so then tell me, what is more memorable...Annie Hall or Star Wars? Shakespeare in Love or Saving Private Ryan? And tell me why does BL2 have more "Gamer" GOTYs than TWD? IGN for example.

Um... IGN's GOTY was Journey. And someone who actually knows and respects film will remember all four.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

and like I said, critics are stupid....texasgoldrush
The cherry picking of what you put stock in is ridiculous.

How do you read your own gutter trash and not see the inconsistencies? It wasn't that long ago you were hyping up how ME3 was gonna rape in terms of multiple GOTYs this year, and be the consensus pick for GOTY. Now that it's not, and the consensus want to side with the smaller guys it's suddenly "oh those guys are idiots".

Idiots you would commend for loving Mass Effect harder than you d1ck ride it.

There is just no way you're not an elaborate joke character. I mean holy sh1t.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DarkLink77
I'm mad insulted for Braid. Haven't played Far Cry 3, but on a purely gameplay level Braid was far more impressive in its genre, and while I'm not a fan of how Braid tells its story, what it does end up telling is quite good. Braid was fantastic. Which is more than I can say for the likes of Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Ass Creed 3, or hell even Journey(and I like Journey). And I don't care for underwhelming content for the sake of justifying a 60 dollar price tag. If a 10dollar/15 dollar game gave me a far better experience it's the better game. In this case Journey was a far more satisfying experience than AC3 ever was, and a far more interesting experience than ME 3 was as a game. jg4xchamp
I was going to say this as well. Trying to downplay Braid pretty much destroys your argument. It's one of the best games in recent memory.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 texasgoldrush

No it won't, TWD won't be forgotten at all. Just from the VGA GOTY win alone would cement that. Never mind that gamers are all raving about it.

DarkLink77

But it will be.... Do people remember many Oscar Best Picture winners? Esepecially the last 5 Best Picture winners?

The Artist, The King's Speech, The Hurt Locker, Slumdog Millionaire, No Country For Old Men and The Departed.

I did not look that up.

and yet, are any of these films able to stand the test of time....other than the Departed? No But nowinners such as Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan, Raging Bull, and many more have.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]and like I said, critics are stupid....jg4xchamp

The cherry picking of what you put stock in is ridiculous.

How do you read your own gutter trash and not see the inconsistencies? It wasn't that long ago you were hyping up how ME3 was gonna rape in terms of multiple GOTYs this year, and be the consensus pick for GOTY. Now that it's not, and the consensus want to side with the smaller guys it's suddenly "oh those guys are idiots".

Idiots you would commend for loving Mass Effect harder than you d1ck ride it.

There is just no way you're not an elaborate joke character. I mean holy sh1t.

And it has won several GOTYs and will do so. And their idiots because when they side with the "smaller" guys, they forget the foundation of a game....its gameplay. Journey and TWD gameplay is terrible. Why not give any game with an excellent story and sucky gameplay, or great art but very little gameplay GOTY? Thats what they are doing. Hell, I would actually be fine if Borderlands 2 won the most or even Dishonored, FAR more than these incomplete indie games.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 texasgoldrush

ugh... you are such a moron.

DarkLink77
so then tell me, what is more memorable...Annie Hall or Star Wars? Shakespeare in Love or Saving Private Ryan? And tell me why does BL2 have more "Gamer" GOTYs than TWD? IGN for example.

Um... IGN's GOTY was Journey. And someone who actually knows and respects film will remember all four.

IGN Readers selected Borderlands 2.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] But it will be.... Do people remember many Oscar Best Picture winners? Esepecially the last 5 Best Picture winners?texasgoldrush

I did not look that up.

and yet, are any of these films able to stand the test of time....other than the Departed? No But nowinners such as Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan, Raging Bull, and many more have.

Um.... it's a little early to call whether those films stand the test of time, because they haven't been out long enough. I'll wager The Departed, The Hurt Locker, and No Country for Old Men will, though, at the very least. But we'll have to wait 10 + years to make that statement. As far as Pulp Fiction and Shawshank go, they lost to Forrest Gump. Are you really going to argue that Forrest Gump hasn't stood the test of time? It's a cultural institution.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] so then tell me, what is more memorable...Annie Hall or Star Wars? Shakespeare in Love or Saving Private Ryan? And tell me why does BL2 have more "Gamer" GOTYs than TWD? IGN for example.texasgoldrush

No one gives a f*ck about Reader Awards.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 texasgoldrush

seanmcloughlin

Wrong.... I have been on point with MY OP, even saying those games would be forgotten and fail the test of time in my OP.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Um... IGN's GOTY was Journey. And someone who actually knows and respects film will remember all four.DarkLink77

Than why do they have them...why the contest on Gamespot?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] IGN Readers selected Borderlands 2.texasgoldrush

Than why do they have them...why the contest on Gamespot?

Because it gets them hits and people like popularity contests?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Games with subpar gameplay SHOULD be omitted. TWD is subpar in its gameplay compared to other adventure games...hell, even against Heavy Rain, its a step back.texasgoldrush

Who defines "subpar"? Yourself?

I'm not exactly sure that TWD is competing with Heavy Rain. Differing budgets/ideas.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

I did not look that up.

DarkLink77

Um.... it's a little early to call whether those films stand the test of time, because they haven't been out long enough. I'll wager The Departed, The Hurt Locker, and No Country for Old Men will, though, at the very least. But we'll have to wait 10 + years to make that statement. As far as Pulp Fiction and Shawshank go, they lost to Forrest Gump. Are you really going to argue that Forrest Gump hasn't stood the test of time? It's a cultural institution.

No Country For Old Men doesn't stand the test of time as well as other Coen Borthers films like The Big Lebowski. The Departed also doesn't stand up to the directors earlier films while it may stand out amongst the Oscar winners. The Hurt Locker is forgetable. And don't get me started on Crash.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Games with subpar gameplay SHOULD be omitted. TWD is subpar in its gameplay compared to other adventure games...hell, even against Heavy Rain, its a step back.lundy86_4

I'm not exactly sure that TWD is competing with Heavy Rain. Differing budgets/ideas.

the gameplay of choice and consquence. Nevermind TWD lack of good puzzles.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] and yet, are any of these films able to stand the test of time....other than the Departed? No But nowinners such as Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan, Raging Bull, and many more have.

No Country For Old Men doesn't stand the test of time as well as other Coen Borthers films like The Big Lebowski. The Departed also doesn't stand up to the directors earlier films while it may stand out amongst the Oscar winners. The Hurt Locker is forgetable. And don't get me started on Crash.

You can't make that statement when the films are three-six years old. :| And no one cares about Crash. We're not discussing Crash.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]Games with subpar gameplay SHOULD be omitted. TWD is subpar in its gameplay compared to other adventure games...hell, even against Heavy Rain, its a step back.texasgoldrush

Most people would argue TWD does choice and consequence better than Mass Effect.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Um.... it's a little early to call whether those films stand the test of time, because they haven't been out long enough. I'll wager The Departed, The Hurt Locker, and No Country for Old Men will, though, at the very least. But we'll have to wait 10 + years to make that statement. As far as Pulp Fiction and Shawshank go, they lost to Forrest Gump. Are you really going to argue that Forrest Gump hasn't stood the test of time? It's a cultural institution.

You can't make that statement when the films are three-six years old. :| And no one cares about Crash. We're not discussing Crash.

Yet it also won Best Picture, but it was forgotten because it simply wasn't that good.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]LOL @ calling AC3 a complete game. Its one of the weakest games this year and basically just more Assassins Creed but not in a good way.mems_1224

No more buggy than most other open world games really...

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

DarkLink77

Most people would argue TWD does choice and consequence better than Mass Effect.

And yet, ME3 does CONSQUENCE better. And people are idiots. The entire Tuchanka and Rannoch sections of ME3 prove that past choices matter.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] No Country For Old Men doesn't stand the test of time as well as other Coen Borthers films like The Big Lebowski. The Departed also doesn't stand up to the directors earlier films while it may stand out amongst the Oscar winners. The Hurt Locker is forgetable. And don't get me started on Crash.

Yet it also won Best Picture, but it was forgotten because it simply wasn't that good.

Yeah, but that has no bearing on the movies we're discussing, all of which were excellent films.