The Fighting genre NEEDS to be DUMBED DOWN for me and casuals to have some FUN

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Code_Blue_
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
I HATE getting my ass kicked on BlazBlue:Continuum Shift 2 Extend 1 because I can't remember how to input carnage scissors or how to use rapid cancel and because i can press 20 buttons in 2 seconds to do a 1 minute 47 hit combo. Its NOT fair or FUN for the people like me that cant devoted 100 hours a day learning how to do every combo with there eyes closed with 1 hand. And WTF is reading frames?!?! how the F does 1 read frames. Please DUMB the fighting genre to 4 simple buttons Punch, Kick, Throw and Block thats all no combos only 3 moves and a block then we all can have FUN.
12qazx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 12qazx
Member since 2005 • 1435 Posts

I think you need to play Super Smash Bros Brawl then. It's easy play and fun.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Play Super Smash Bros Brawl... Or Title Fight that is coming out. When it comes out people will see that the only reason Super Smash Bros is rated high is because Nintendo's characters and nostalgia. It is a glorified party game.
Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Code_Blue_

I think you need to play Super Smash Bros Brawl then. It's easy play and fun.

12qazx
I dont have a wii and no plays wii online...play the CPU? LOL what is this last gen??!? get real...
red12355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 red12355
Member since 2007 • 1251 Posts
You're a bad troll.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

You could also try the naruto ultimate ninja games. They're easy to learn, designed for playing on the controller, and tbh they're not bad. Not sure if theres online though.

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Code_Blue_
You're a bad troll.red12355
How am i trolling...I have over 4000 games played in Blazblue the most hardcore fighting this gen on Hd consoles. Do you even now what trooling is?
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Yeah, BlazBlue is kind of hard to get into. I had to play a good 30 hours to get the hang of it, but I'm still crap. The game is definitely not nice to beginners. It's a very fun game, but I'm just not willing to put the time investment into it. I liked Street Fighter and Smash Bros. more. BlazBlue is not going to be your type of game if you can't devout 100 hours+ to it, and continue playing it to stay pro. The tutorials, while you can see the effort they put into them, are horrible, and the controls are unnecessarily difficult. I want the Vita version though. It really looks like a game I want to master, and the only way to do that is to go portable and play 24/7 :x
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
leave my genre the **** alone... i dont need my games dumbed down for the likes of you. [spoiler] yes i know obvious troll is obvious [/spoiler]
Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Code_Blue_
leave my genre the **** alone... i dont need my games dumbed down for the likes of you. [spoiler] yes i know obvious troll is obvious [/spoiler] campzor
how the F am i trolling i have over 4k games played in BlazBlue the most hardcore fighter this gen.....you FAIL
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Don't listen to the TC. He thinks people that like the mario franchise are nostalgic and hate COD.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

That's what I always loved about 'Tekken'. You could pull off some cool sh*t just by mashing buttons. Granted I haven't played that series since 'Tekken 3', so it might have changed.

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Code_Blue_
Yeah, BlazBlue is kind of hard to get into. I had to play a good 30 hours to get the hang of it, but I'm still crap. The game is definitely not nice to beginners. It's a very fun game, but I'm just not willing to put the time investment into it. I liked Street Fighter and Smash Bros. more. BlazBlue is not going to be your type of game if you can't devout 100 hours+ to it, and continue playing it to stay pro. The tutorials, while you can see the effort they put into them, are horrible, and the controls are unnecessarily difficult. I want the Vita version though. It really looks like a game I want to master, and the only way to do that is to go portable and play 24/7 :xEponique
Yeah i argee, the only way to be good at a fighting game is to play it everyday for about 5 hours...I have a plat in BBCT and over 2.5k games in BBCSE over 200 hours and i still suck
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

That sounds like a personal problem, because there's already a 'Simple' option you can use to dumb down command inputs, and for BlazBlue specifically you can just mash one button and get a whole combo done for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
It's called Super Smash Bros. Have fun with it.
Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Don't listen to the TC. He thinks people that like the mario franchise are nostalgic and hate COD.

super600

So he has an opinion you disagree with? So we should all ignore him...

Plus Nintendo fans brings sales up all the time. COD games are the best selling games. So if the Wii is the best console than COD is the best game.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

So he has an opinion you disagree with? So we should all ignore him...

Plus Nintendo fans brings sales up all the time. COD games are the best selling games. So if the Wii is the best console than COD is the best game.

Did you see his nostalgic thread. His OP was horrible.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

I HATE getting my ass kicked on BlazBlue:Continuum Shift 2 Extend 1 because I can't remember how to input carnage scissors or how to use rapid cancel and because i can press 20 buttons in 2 seconds to do a 1 minute 47 hit combo. Its NOT fair or FUN for the people like me that cant devoted 100 hours a day learning how to do every combo with there eyes closed with 1 hand. And WTF is reading frames?!?! how the F does 1 read frames. Please DUMB the fighting genre to 4 simple buttons Punch, Kick, Throw and Block thats all no combos only 3 moves and a block then we all can have FUN.Code_Blue_

You're a troll, but I'm going to correct you because I'm pretty bored.

If you can't remember simple inputs or a simple three button action, you probably don't need to be playing fighting games or games period. You shouldn't be pressing 20 button in 2 seconds, that might be why you are losing. And if you only do 47 hits in 1 minute, you must be linking some pretty slow normals.

It's perfectly fair. Fighting games should reward you for putting time into them, not something like MvC3 where the developers try to completely erase the skill gap by adding in some BS/dumbed down mechanics so EVRYWUN CN PLY GUD!!!!!

When people say they are reading frames, it's not how people usually think it is. It's learning what moves are punishable and general things like what can link into what or how fast something comes out. You don't actually read frames in game, its a thing you do outside of it.

If you want only 4 buttons, play Blazblue simple mode. Automatic combos, one button for throws, one for specials, all you would want. If you don't want combos, play some OG fighting games, though they probably still have combos, just not as long.

Blazblue already makes the game easy enough as it is. Metric **** tons of hit stun that give you all day to combo for the most part, Incredibly long grab teching time (you can do it on reaction with average reflexes) and automatic 5 frame repeater that keeps doing inputs for a while after you do them,

Still, 0/10. Thank you for giving me something to do though. ;)

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OneSanitarium

It's called Super Smash Bros. Have fun with it.charizard1605

Maybe at a low level play, but goddamn Melee at high levels. Thats almost as technical as MvC2 at high levels.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Play easier games lo learn how to play Blaze Blue then.
The__Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The__Havoc
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

Fighting genre is a niche hardcore genre. It is NOT for casual gamers as it is a competitive tournment inspired genre.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Now this here is some decent trolling. Especially the Bioware thread. No one on System Wars ever catches on to when they're being trolled though.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OneSanitarium

Now this here is some decent trolling.Kiro0

No it isn't. Not by a long shot.

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Code_Blue_

[QUOTE="Code_Blue_"]I HATE getting my ass kicked on BlazBlue:Continuum Shift 2 Extend 1 because I can't remember how to input carnage scissors or how to use rapid cancel and because i can press 20 buttons in 2 seconds to do a 1 minute 47 hit combo. Its NOT fair or FUN for the people like me that cant devoted 100 hours a day learning how to do every combo with there eyes closed with 1 hand. And WTF is reading frames?!?! how the F does 1 read frames. Please DUMB the fighting genre to 4 simple buttons Punch, Kick, Throw and Block thats all no combos only 3 moves and a block then we all can have FUN.OneSanitarium

You're a troll, but I'm going to correct you because I'm pretty bored.

If you can't remember simple inputs or a simple three button action, you probably don't need to be playing fighting games or games period. You shouldn't be pressing 20 button in 2 seconds, that might be why you are losing. And if you only do 47 hits in 1 minute, you must be linking some pretty slow normals.

It's perfectly fair. Fighting games should reward you for putting time into them, not something like MvC3 where the developers try to completely erase the skill gap by adding in some BS/dumbed down mechanics so EVRYWUN CN PLY GUD!!!!!

When people say they are reading frames, it's not how people usually think it is. It's learning what moves are punishable and general things like what can link into what or how fast something comes out. You don't actually read frames in game, its a thing you do outside of it.

If you want only 4 buttons, play Blazblue simple mode. Automatic combos, one button for throws, one for specials, all you would want. If you don't want combos, play some OG fighting games, though they probably still have combos, just not as long.

Blazblue already makes the game easy enough as it is. Metric **** tons of hit stun that give you all day to combo for the most part, Incredibly long grab teching time (you can do it on reaction with average reflexes) and automatic 5 frame repeater that keeps doing inputs for a while after you do them,

Still, 0/10. Thank you for giving me something to do though. ;)

Thanks for explaing Frames to me and Simple mode is for noobs that what to win so badly...I want to win the real way and earn my win and FFS im not a troll...
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 super600  Moderator

Now this here is some decent trolling. Especially the Bioware thread. No one on System Wars ever catches on to when they're being trolled though.

Kiro0

It's really horrible and his sig reveals who his original account is.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

You know, I think it would be cool if Primal Rage returned. Except it would be first-person and a Kinect exclusive.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OneSanitarium

Thanks for explaing Frames to me and Simple mode is for noobs that what to win so badly...I want to win the real way and earn my win and FFS im not a troll...Code_Blue_

Well....I hate to break it to you....but you ARE a noob. And you said that you're tired of losing...so...yeah.

Put some time into an already forgiving game or use simple mode. The fighting genre is already dumbed down in its current state as it is. Even KoFXIII (arguably more "hardcore" than Blazblue) is apparently more forgiving and easier than other KoF's. It's still a really good game and makes things easier without completely changing how the game is played.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
...practice instead of going online?
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#29 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

I HATE getting my ass kicked on BlazBlue:Continuum Shift 2 Extend 1 because I can't remember how to input carnage scissors or how to use rapid cancel and because i can press 20 buttons in 2 seconds to do a 1 minute 47 hit combo. Its NOT fair or FUN for the people like me that cant devoted 100 hours a day learning how to do every combo with there eyes closed with 1 hand. And WTF is reading frames?!?! how the F does 1 read frames. Please DUMB the fighting genre to 4 simple buttons Punch, Kick, Throw and Block thats all no combos only 3 moves and a block then we all can have FUN.Code_Blue_

Maybe you should try playing KOF or UMVC3.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
4000 games and you claim you're not having fun? Do I see something wrong with this picture? I just think you simply suck at the game. Period.
Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Code_Blue_

[QUOTE="Code_Blue_"]I HATE getting my ass kicked on BlazBlue:Continuum Shift 2 Extend 1 because I can't remember how to input carnage scissors or how to use rapid cancel and because i can press 20 buttons in 2 seconds to do a 1 minute 47 hit combo. Its NOT fair or FUN for the people like me that cant devoted 100 hours a day learning how to do every combo with there eyes closed with 1 hand. And WTF is reading frames?!?! how the F does 1 read frames. Please DUMB the fighting genre to 4 simple buttons Punch, Kick, Throw and Block thats all no combos only 3 moves and a block then we all can have FUN.GameboyTroy

Maybe you should try playing KOF or UMVC3.

UMVC3 isnt a real fighting game imo too much BS flashy stuff taking over half the screen and no real headd to head fighting just projeciles
Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Code_Blue_
4000 games and you claim you're not having fun? Do I see something wrong with this picture? I just think you simply suck at the game. Period.XIntoTheBlue
I KNOW I suck thats why i want it DUMBED down...remember..or atleast noob fighting games
F1ame_Shie1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 F1ame_Shie1d
Member since 2010 • 1389 Posts

Simple mode is for noobs that what to win so badly...I want to win the real way and earn my win and FFS im not a troll...Code_Blue_

I KNOW I suck thats why i want it DUMBED down...remember..or atleast noob fighting games Code_Blue_

Anybody else seeing the contradiction here? This has got to be the worst troll ever. Not to mention the fact it's an obvious alt account. Change your sig for you next troll attempt...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

get smash bros brawl... it has online...i still use it..it works...just takes a while..

melee and 64 versions are for advanced smash players.. youll get your butt handed on those..

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#35 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No, No, No, NO, NO!

What's the freakin' point of it then if you're not willing to GET GOOD!

If you're playing a fighting game online and getting your butt handed to you then GET BETTER THAT'S WHY THERE'S A TRAINING MODE!

You make Progress! YOU find the Combos, You're not fed the Combos, YOU beat your opponent, They aren't given to you.

When the Going gets Rough then Tough up and Keep Going!

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Code_Blue_
Anybody else seeing the contradiction here? This has got to be the worst troll ever. Not to mention the fact it's an obvious alt account. Change your sig for you next troll attempt [quote} ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Simple mode is BlazBlue makes the game play its self...in simple modee you can press 1 button and do a 10 hit combo taking away 3k health...I dont what the game to play itself ffor me that would be bORING not fun...I want a dumbed down FUN game with no big combos and lots of fun where i fell i earn my win and reward.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="red12355"]You're a bad troll.Code_Blue_
How am i trolling...I have over 4000 games played in Blazblue the most hardcore fighting this gen on Hd consoles. Do you even now what trooling is?

4k games, but can't remember Carnage Scissors.
Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Code_Blue_
[QUOTE="Code_Blue_"][QUOTE="red12355"]You're a bad troll.siLVURcross

632146 + C or D
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Code_Blue_"]Anybody else seeing the contradiction here? This has got to be the worst troll ever. Not to mention the fact it's an obvious alt account. Change your sig for you next troll attempt [quote} ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Simple mode is BlazBlue makes the game play its self...in simple modee you can press 1 button and do a 10 hit combo taking away 3k health...I dont what the game to play itself ffor me that would be bORING not fun...I want a dumbed down FUN game with no big combos and lots of fun where i fell i earn my win and reward.

you want a fight where people can only do two attacks. you want the opposite of fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="Code_Blue_"] How am i trolling...I have over 4000 games played in Blazblue the most hardcore fighting this gen on Hd consoles. Do you even now what trooling is?Code_Blue_

632146 + C or D

Hey, just going by what you said in the OP.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="Code_Blue_"] How am i trolling...I have over 4000 games played in Blazblue the most hardcore fighting this gen on Hd consoles. Do you even now what trooling is?Code_Blue_

632146 + C or D

D. it's not hard. also if you can say 632146 and you still can't remember if you press C or D then you're so sad.
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
Try Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OneSanitarium

Anybody else seeing the contradiction here? This has got to be the worst troll ever. Not to mention the fact it's an obvious alt account. Change your sig for you next troll attempt [quote} ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Simple mode is BlazBlue makes the game play its self...in simple modee you can press 1 button and do a 10 hit combo taking away 3k health...I dont what the game to play itself ffor me that would be bORING not fun...I want a dumbed down FUN game with no big combos and lots of fun where i fell i earn my win and reward.Code_Blue_

You want a dumbed down fighting game, yet you are already playing one (at least compared to the game that came before it.) as well as ignoring other ones.

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Code_Blue_
[QUOTE="Code_Blue_"]Anybody else seeing the contradiction here? This has got to be the worst troll ever. Not to mention the fact it's an obvious alt account. Change your sig for you next troll attempt [quote} ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Simple mode is BlazBlue makes the game play its self...in simple modee you can press 1 button and do a 10 hit combo taking away 3k health...I dont what the game to play itself ffor me that would be bORING not fun...I want a dumbed down FUN game with no big combos and lots of fun where i fell i earn my win and reward.BrunoBRS
you want a fight where people can only do two attacks. you want the opposite of fun.

Yeah like Streets of rage but a 2d fighter what would be awesome and fun and hardcore people wouldnt ruin the game because there is no combos or reading frames...no tier list or op moves everyone ome has a 50/50 chance of winiing. = FUN
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Dumbing down a fighting game will still mean noobs getting crushed by pros...the skill cap will just be lower for everyone and the shallowness will just offer a lot less of everything. No they don't need to be dumbed down..you just need to fight people at your skill level.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OneSanitarium

Yeah like Streets of rage but a 2d fighter what would be awesome and fun and hardcore people wouldnt ruin the game because there is no combos or reading frames...no tier list or op moves everyone ome has a 50/50 chance of winiing. = FUNCode_Blue_

'Hardcore' people ruin the game because they actually like the games enough to learn about them?

Tier lists aren't facts that decide who will always win. And if you make one, every game....ever...will have one.

And you do have a 50/50 chance of winning. You either win, or you lose.

Combos aren't only for the 'hardcore'.

I almost want to say your idea of fun is wrong, as elitist as that sounds.

Code_Blue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Code_Blue_
[QUOTE="Code_Blue_"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"] 4k games, but can't remember Carnage Scissors.BrunoBRS
632146 + C or D

D. it's not hard. also if you can say 632146 and you still can't remember if you press C or D then you're so sad.

Im sad becausse I cant devote hours and hours of training EVERYDAY to master each character...as well as remember other control schemes...
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
I have the perfect fighting game for you, TC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM Two attack buttons and the learning curve is very shallow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Code_Blue_"] 632146 + C or DCode_Blue_

Im sad becausse I cant devote hours and hours of training EVERYDAY to master each character...as well as remember other control schemes...

Don't need to master every character.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Just don't play online, or try to find noob friendly lobbies. I agree it can be very frustrating playing against people online, but it's still nice to have somewhat complex combos that feel rewarding to achieve.