The Diablo III Hype Thread (PC Gaming is dead, blah, blah, 8.5@GS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I need to see the highest difficulty, I won't be satisfied until I am in mortal peril. lol.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I need to see the highest difficulty, I won't be satisfied until I am in mortal peril. lol.

ReadingRainbow4

lol I hear ya. I am not TOO worried since it is basically the tutorial. In DII Nightmare was the easiest for me sicne my character was very good, but then in Hell (after the patches) things get frikkin crazy :P.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

NaveedLife

lol I hear ya. I am not TOO worried since it is basically the tutorial. In DII Nightmare was the easiest for me sicne my character was very good, but then in Hell (after the patches) things get frikkin crazy :P.

One thing that does have me intrigued about diablo 3 honestly, is that we might see heaven and fight corrupt angels. Hell I just want to kill some angels, that would be bad ass.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

ReadingRainbow4

One thing that does have me intrigued about diablo 3 honestly, is that we might see heaven and fight corrupt angels. Hell I just want to kill some angels, that would be bad ass.

hahah yeah that would be awesome. We did already fight an angel in DII though ;) lol...sorta :P. I think DIII is going to have really good presentation and lore.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Not to be a total asshat, but... come on now. Diablo is about to maim TLII. Torchlight II is a downloadable dungeon crawler. Diablo III is a monsteros beast a game with a crap ton of a content. When the reviews and sales speak for themselves, I won't need to say a thing, but I'm sure Diablo will be worth more of everyone's time. As far as I'm concerned, if you can get a pulse from Torchlight then your should enjoy Diablo III. To say otherwise is to just play the "going against the grain to be cool" card. And that card is lame.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 NaveedLife

Not to be a total asshat, but... come on now. Diablo is about to maim TLII. Torchlight II is a downloadable dungeon crawler. Diablo III is a monsteros beast a game with a crap ton of a content. When the reviews and sales speak for themselves, I won't need to say a thing, but I'm sure Diablo will be worth more of everyone's time. As far as I'm concerned, if you can get a pulse from Torchlight then your should enjoy Diablo III. To say otherwise is to just play the "going against the grain to be cool" card. And that card is lame. NAPK1NS

Well the thing is, TL2 is playing it safe it seems. It looks like a cheaper version of DII, which could be fun, but I doubt it will be anything mind blowing given it is just that.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Not to be a total asshat, but... come on now. Diablo is about to maim TLII. Torchlight II is a downloadable dungeon crawler. Diablo III is a monsteros beast a game with a crap ton of a content. When the reviews and sales speak for themselves, I won't need to say a thing, but I'm sure Diablo will be worth more of everyone's time. As far as I'm concerned, if you can get a pulse from Torchlight then your should enjoy Diablo III. To say otherwise is to just play the "going against the grain to be cool" card. And that card is lame. NaveedLife

Well the thing is, TL2 is playing it safe it seems. It looks like a cheaper version of DII, which could be fun, but I doubt it will be anything mind blowing given it is just that.

It's a time killer. Diablo is a time investment. :D ... dude, I'm going to kill so much hell spawns.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Not to be a total asshat, but... come on now. Diablo is about to maim TLII. Torchlight II is a downloadable dungeon crawler. Diablo III is a monsteros beast a game with a crap ton of a content. When the reviews and sales speak for themselves, I won't need to say a thing, but I'm sure Diablo will be worth more of everyone's time. As far as I'm concerned, if you can get a pulse from Torchlight then your should enjoy Diablo III. To say otherwise is to just play the "going against the grain to be cool" card. And that card is lame. NAPK1NS

It's a time killer. Diablo is a time investment. :D ... dude, I'm going to kill so much hell spawns.

You able to play right now? lol we should! :P

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
Fantastic job on the hype thread! Seriously, really nice. This is my game of the year, don't even need to play more than the beta to know that :P. I voted AAA, but I could see it getting less just based on the fact that Diablo 2 scored AA.
Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

I'm not expecting much from either game, especially D3 graphics wise.

Nothing I have seen so far has been remotely impressive in that aspect to me.

NaveedLife

I am in the beta and honestly it pleases me. I am not saying it is perfect, or some technical masterpiece. I can understand some people not liking it, but personally I am happier than I expected. The graphics are very unique and feel more like a painting than Skyward Sword did :P. Also, I feel the look of it kind of capture the old diablo feel, but maybe that is just me.

Definitely just you, there is a CHASM of difference between colorful art style akin to same ol sh*t blizzard has been doing since WoW and a dark gothic fantasy art style. I played beta am incredibly underwhelmed. The world is non changing...for f*ck sakes even Diablo II world had 8 different maps per area. Only the dungeons are generated. It is less linear than diablo 2...I don't know how a game could be less linear, especially in 2012. They should have just named it differently, it is nothing like its predecessors outside of item generation, I want to see gameplay on hell/inferno. The music and atmosphere of the game is incredibly bland as well. Diablo II was inferior to Diablo I on that regard, this just takes another step in the wrong direction.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Human-after-all

I am in the beta and honestly it pleases me. I am not saying it is perfect, or some technical masterpiece. I can understand some people not liking it, but personally I am happier than I expected. The graphics are very unique and feel more like a painting than Skyward Sword did :P. Also, I feel the look of it kind of capture the old diablo feel, but maybe that is just me.

Definitely just you, there is a CHASM of difference between colorful art style akin to same ol sh*t blizzard has been doing since WoW and a dark gothic fantasy art style. I played beta am incredibly underwhelmed. The world is non changing...for f*ck sakes even Diablo II world had 8 different maps per area. Only the dungeons are generated. It is less linear than diablo 2...I don't know how a game could be less linear, especially in 2012.

I BELIEVE the overworld will change a lot more later, as the beginning kinda needs to be static for landmark and tutorial sake. I could be wrong though.

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 hensothor

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Human-after-all

Definitely just you, there is a CHASM of difference between colorful art style akin to same ol sh*t blizzard has been doing since WoW and a dark gothic fantasy art style. I played beta am incredibly underwhelmed. The world is non changing...for f*ck sakes even Diablo II world had 8 different maps per area. Only the dungeons are generated. It is less linear than diablo 2...I don't know how a game could be less linear, especially in 2012. They should have just named it differently, it is nothing like its predecessors outside of item generation, I want to see gameplay on hell/inferno. The music and atmosphere of the game is incredibly bland as well. Diablo II was inferior to Diablo I on that regard, this just takes another step in the wrong direction.

Not just him, I agree with him and believe the difference is as simple as the transition between 2D and 3D. Things are sharper and clearer now and people don't like it because before their imagination filled in the gaps. Older Diablo 2 assets were easier to produce and set up to randomize in the way they did. Randomizing these 3D environments is technologically a lot harder, and therefore to make it happen more restrictions have to be made.

It is definitely a Diablo game, have you actually played it? To me it feels like a Diablo game that takes the fantastic ideas and concepts put into place by the previous games and iterates on them to a much better, more refined level. All the classes play so much better, with much greater diversity something that was key in Diablo 2 but still each class was rather boring in D2.

The music is a bit lacking in beta, but there is so much we have yet to hear, and Matt Ulman was brought in to do guitar tracks for the game so I'm not worried. The atmosphere is fine, Diablo 2 was certainly no better and I think the only reason Diablo's atmosphere was good was because of our imagination filling in gaps yet again. People are holding D3 to unrealistic standards in that regard.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Human-after-all"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

hensothor

Not just him, I agree with him and believe the difference is as simple as the transition between 2D and 3D. Things are sharper and clearer now and people don't like it because before their imagination filled in the gaps. Older Diablo 2 assets were easier to produce and set up to randomize in the way they did. Randomizing these 3D environments is technologically a lot harder, and therefore to make it happen more restrictions have to be made.

It is definitely a Diablo game, have you actually played it? To me it feels like a Diablo game that takes the fantastic ideas and concepts put into place by the previous games and iterates on them to a much better, more refined level. All the classes play so much better, with much greater diversity something that was key in Diablo 2 but still each class was rather boring in D2.

The music is a bit lacking in beta, but there is so much we have yet to hear, and Matt Ulman was brought in to do guitar tracks for the game so I'm not worried. The atmosphere is fine, Diablo 2 was certainly no better and I think the only reason Diablo's atmosphere was good was because of our imagination filling in gaps yet again. People are holding D3 to unrealistic standards in that regard.

They ARE randomly generating the innards of the overworld though right? I think its just static in the beginning given the landmarks and such. The way I understand it is that the shape of the map never changes, but the insides do.

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 hensothor

[QUOTE="hensothor"]

[QUOTE="Human-after-all"] Definitely just you, there is a CHASM of difference between colorful art style akin to same ol sh*t blizzard has been doing since WoW and a dark gothic fantasy art style. I played beta am incredibly underwhelmed. The world is non changing...for f*ck sakes even Diablo II world had 8 different maps per area. Only the dungeons are generated. It is less linear than diablo 2...I don't know how a game could be less linear, especially in 2012. They should have just named it differently, it is nothing like its predecessors outside of item generation, I want to see gameplay on hell/inferno. The music and atmosphere of the game is incredibly bland as well. Diablo II was inferior to Diablo I on that regard, this just takes another step in the wrong direction. NaveedLife

They ARE randomly generating the innards of the overworld though right? I think its just static in the beginning given the landmarks and such. The way I understand it is that the shape of the map never changes, but the insides do.

Not sure what you mean by overworld but the dungeons and inside areas will be randomized, yes. The outside areas that you navigate to find the dungeon areas will tend to be static but will still have randomized events, and locales to keep it fresh. That's the way it is in the beta now, is it not? As far as I know that's the way Blizzard has stated it will be throughout the game.

There are differences though, the beta is supposed to be more guided and linear than other areas, so that will lead to changes as we progress further.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="hensothor"]

hensothor

Not sure what you mean by overworld but the dungeons and inside areas will be randomized, yes. The outside areas that you navigate to find the dungeon areas will tend to be static but will still have randomized events, and locales to keep it fresh. That's the way it is in the beta now, is it not? As far as I know that's the way Blizzard has stated it will be throughout the game.

There are differences though, the beta is supposed to be more guided and linear than other areas, so that will lead to changes as we progress further.

Hmmm, I still have heard (from Blizzard), what I thought to be a system where dungeons are completely randomly generated, as to where any field area has a static outline (like a cookie cutter) but with random innards (stuff inside cookie cutter like trees and walls). That almost has to be the case it seems, if they have random events that actually change the area in the part the event is going on in. Hmmm who knows lol. But I do love some of the events.

And yes the beta is very static and linear, but that is because its a tutorial and because the area is really a landmark that cannot change. The field leading to the graveyard is way better.

PS - wanna play? :P

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 hensothor

[QUOTE="hensothor"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Hmmm, I still have heard (from Blizzard), what I thought to be a system where dungeons are completely randomly generated, as to where any field area has a static outline (like a cookie cutter) but with random innards (stuff inside cookie cutter like trees and walls). That almost has to be the case it seems, if they have random events that actually change the area in the part the event is going on in. Hmmm who knows lol. But I do love some of the events.

And yes the beta is very static and linear, but that is because its a tutorial and because the area is really a landmark that cannot change. The field leading to the graveyard is way better.

Yeah that was pretty much what I was saying. Also, recently areas after the beta leaked and the maps for them are pretty much as open or more open than the area leading to the graveyard, so that's good, eh? Anyway, sure, add me MonkIsHere#1172 .
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

NaveedLife

Its a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B; Heres an outside world map generation:

The outermost silhouette is entirely fixed. The parts inside are segmented into chunks. Each of these blocks can be entirely random.

Maps with roads will always have the roads fixed, and are a little less random:

The dungeons are almost 100% random with large tiles connected by hallways.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

XaosII

Its a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B; Heres an outside world map generation:

The outermost silhouette is entirely fixed. The parts inside are segmented into chunks. Each of these blocks can be entirely random.

Maps with roads will always have the roads fixed, and are a little less random:

The dungeons are almost 100% random with large tiles connected by hallways.

Thanks! It is about what I figured, and should be good. Hopefully it never gets old for me. I dont think it will.

Oh and does anyone else wish the cursor was a glove again? I do! :(

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="hensothor"] Not sure what you mean by overworld but the dungeons and inside areas will be randomized, yes. The outside areas that you navigate to find the dungeon areas will tend to be static but will still have randomized events, and locales to keep it fresh. That's the way it is in the beta now, is it not? As far as I know that's the way Blizzard has stated it will be throughout the game.

hensothor

Yeah that was pretty much what I was saying. Also, recently areas after the beta leaked and the maps for them are pretty much as open or more open than the area leading to the graveyard, so that's good, eh? Anyway, sure, add me MonkIsHere#1172 .

Sent you a request.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#170 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I'm still scared of Diablo 3, simply for the reason that once I start, it's difficult for me to stop... MIPHIESTO RUNS GALORE, and Baal. :)
hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 hensothor
I'm still scared of Diablo 3, simply for the reason that once I start, it's difficult for me to stop... MIPHIESTO RUNS GALORE, and Baal. :)musicalmac
Miphiesto, eh? :P
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Man so exited, just one thing.. why does this game seem so much like WoW? Not just the art style but the levelling as well...
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I'm still scared of Diablo 3, simply for the reason that once I start, it's difficult for me to stop... MIPHIESTO RUNS GALORE, and Baal. :)hensothor

Lol no cares about him, to the point they don't know how to spell his name :P. Baal is the man! lol he is so darn funny in the cutscenes.
Not your fault? Tell me Marius. How is it, not your fault?"

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 dracolich55

[QUOTE="hensothor"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]I'm still scared of Diablo 3, simply for the reason that once I start, it's difficult for me to stop... MIPHIESTO RUNS GALORE, and Baal. :)NaveedLife

Lol no cares about him, to the point they don't know how to spell his name :P. Baal is the man! lol he is so darn funny in the cutscenes.

Man, one thing I have to say is that the voice acting in the D2 cinematics was amazing!
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="hensothor"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]I'm still scared of Diablo 3, simply for the reason that once I start, it's difficult for me to stop... MIPHIESTO RUNS GALORE, and Baal. :)NaveedLife

I want plenty of shenanigans involving deckard cain. best character ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBeU2utihwM

The. Best.

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
Feels like im going to hell on a disney land ride. The game so far is pure mediocrity. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst.
hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 hensothor

Mephisto gets a bad rap, he's pretty awesome in the books. I think they really gave Baal and Diablo personality due to their ongoing narrative with Marius, though in D2.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ReadingRainbow4
Feels like im going to hell on a disney land ride. The game so far is pure mediocrity. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst. Human-after-all
considering disney are sexually depraved deviants that want nothing less than the domination of man kind through nefarious means, that might not be such a bad thing.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 NAPK1NS
Oh.... guys, I've been waiting years for this day. This is so awesome. MAY 15TH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 NaveedLife

Oh.... guys, I've been waiting years for this day. This is so awesome. MAY 15TH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!NAPK1NS

Just read that too. Cannot wait! This is great to finally here :). I remember years ago when I thought Diablo III would never happen.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#181 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's a Blizzards game so AAA all the way.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#182 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Wasdie
Last diablo game got 8.5 so there goes that theory.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 dracolich55
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Heil68

Eh true, but do scores matter? Something tells me this game wil get AA but im still going to play the crap out of it. AND RELEASE DATE! WOOOOOOOOoooOOoOOoO90000000OOOOooooooO0O0O)0o0Oo0O0O)OO)0o0oO))OO)0o0oO00o)O)O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

So Pumped, Was so happy to see the news this morning. It's gonna be a great day. :cool:

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Wow. This hype thread is fantastic!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

dracolich55

Eh true, but do scores matter? Something tells me this game wil get AA but im still going to play the crap out of it. AND RELEASE DATE! WOOOOOOOOoooOOoOOoO90000000OOOOooooooO0O0O)0o0Oo0O0O)OO)0o0oO))OO)0o0oO00o)O)O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True as will I and getting CE edition ordered after work today.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 NAPK1NS

Wow. This hype thread is fantastic!

Zophar87
Thanks! :) It was fun to make. Game deserves it.
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Heil68

Yeeeeahhh, but this game is cooler than D2. :D
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Heil68
[QUOTE="Zophar87"]Thanks! :) It was fun to make. Game deserves it. [QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

NAPK1NS

Add me to Steam and we can play sometime..I didn't get beta key so I'll have to wait till retail release. :(
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

I think it's get AAA.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 dracolich55
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="Zophar87"] Last diablo game got 8.5 so there goes that theory.

Add me to Steam and we can play sometime..I didn't get beta key so I'll have to wait till retail release. :(

Steam? D3 is on B-net....
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#191 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
AAA. Can't wait.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="Zophar87"] Last diablo game got 8.5 so there goes that theory. Heil68

As someone pointed out below its not on Steam. And good luck with that, he still has not added me :P.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Heil68
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Yeeeeahhh, but this game is cooler than D2. :Ddracolich55

Steam? D3 is on B-net....

That's right..:P I'm on Bnet too
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#194 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Around April, i'm gonna replay Diablo I, II and the expansion, in anticipation.

I can't wait for this game.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 NaveedLife

Around April, i'm gonna replay Diablo I, II and the expansion, in anticipation.

I can't wait for this game.

Lucianu

Are you in the beta?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#196 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Welp! Won't even want a new console. Diablo 3 will cover me through the entire next gen. :P
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

FLOP

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

May 15th is the day when gaming stop...

Did you want to play Battlefield 3? sorry you will be on the server alone all other is playing Diablo 3

Did you want to play Call of duty? sorry you will be alone, rest is playing Diablo 3

and list go on...

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
Welp! Won't even want a new console. Diablo 3 will cover me through the entire next gen. :Pmusicalmac
This. Releasing D3 in May will probably save me hundreds of dollars by not making me have a need to do anything else like eating or sleeping, both costly commodities in relation to playing this game. +20 points for all the money I'll save by cancelling my subscriptions to all those lady hole sites, Diablo 3 will give me all the "material" I need for hourly discharging.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 NaveedLife

Just pre-ordered the CE :).