The Decline of the PS3 in Japan

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
this is the official topic of the decline, or rather the hard cold truth of the PS3's fate, in japan

this is a sign, its posted in a japanese retailers shop, it says that they are no longer carrying PS3's or buying used PS3's from unhappy customers

recent game sales
  • February 8th, 2007
  • 600,000 PS3s
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Copies Sold: 30,000
  • December 29th, 2005
  • 80,000 Xbox 360s
  • Dead or Alive 4 Copies Sold: 60,000

this is a sign, its stating that the 360 is a hot console, this store and many others cant seem to sell their PS3's...

this is steak sauce, hmmm wait what does this have to do with japan and the PS3...

PS3's remain unsold, this is the stalemate that the PS3 will be in for a long while, plenty of time for the 360 to catch up with lost oddyssey and such
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supermechakirby
All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!Wasdie
yea you cows are all about wait and see
Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
To be honest I do not think that you me or anyone on these boards were expecting the lack of interest in the PS3 in Japan at or near launch. I honestly thought it would be flying off shelves for a good 5 to 6 months. And yet..... here we are. Perhaps their love affair with the PS3 will be rekindled once fantastic "must have" games are out. But will it be too little too late by then? I for one am anxious to find out.
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!Wasdie

The PS3's prices has been lowered in Japan, and look how much impact it had.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
From what I hear the PS3 has already outsold the 360 in Japan. If anything is non existent in Japan it's the 360.
Avatar image for OldSkoolGamer04
OldSkoolGamer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OldSkoolGamer04
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts
You make it sound as if they can just lower the price whenever they want and all will be A-OK. If the price drops considerably this soon, I have to imagine they'd take considerable losses.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!supermechakirby

And yet for you, it's all about trolling.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...
Moonlight-AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Moonlight-AB
Member since 2006 • 648 Posts
Yes I agree that things look grim for PS3 in Japan but I'm not really worried I know PS3 will sell like 40 million in Japan by the end of its lifecycle, I'm 80% sure but I'll be 100% sure when White Knight Story, FF13/versus 13 and other various japanese RPG's are released in Japan.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
But europe is still a month away. Lets all have this conversation again six months from now.
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
[QUOTE="Dups79"]To be honest I do not think that you me or anyone on these boards were expecting the lack of interest in the PS3 in Japan at or near launch. I honestly thought it would be flying off shelves for a good 5 to 6 months. And yet..... here we are. Perhaps their love affair with the PS3 will be rekindled once fantastic "must have" games are out. But will it be too little too late by then? I for one am anxious to find out.

It's much too late, the hype has been stolen from the PS3 by the Wii, which is already the top next-gen console in Japan.  You really can't underestimate hype, it's what killed the Dreamcast and made the PS2.
Avatar image for volumetricCloud
volumetricCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 volumetricCloud
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
PS3 outsold PS2 last week in Japan.
tmac2gooden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tmac2gooden
Member since 2003 • 944 Posts
How many 360's have been sold in Japan since its launch 10 or 12 of them? I cant remember.:?
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chrismunx

Yes I agree that things look grim for PS3 in Japan but I'm not really worried I know PS3 will sell like 40 million in Japan by the end of its lifecycle, I'm 80% sure but I'll be 100% sure when White Knight Story, FF13/versus 13 and other various japanese RPG's are released in Japan.Moonlight-AB

Yet, according to Famitsu, there's at least 5 most wanted games that are on the PS3 that are (supposingly) coming out this year. It's a slow start, yes. But once some of these high profile games comes out, things will start to shift a bit into the PS3's favor. I didn't see one 360 game on that most wanted. And, as always, the NDS and Wii are a part of that list.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...Wasdie

Yes everybody knows the reason the PS3 isn't selling well is the price and a lack of games. I don't get your point?
beyondgamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 beyondgamez
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
Yes I agree that things look grim for PS3 in Japan but I'm not really worried I know PS3 will sell like 40 million in Japan by the end of its lifecycle, I'm 80% sure but I'll be 100% sure when White Knight Story, FF13/versus 13 and other various japanese RPG's are released in Japan.Moonlight-AB

same.ps3 is selling around 18 to 20 thousand all the time in japan..while the 360 sales is decreasing  all the time..6 thousand thats very low..they used to sell about 8.. lol..when final fantasy comes out probaly ps3 sales is goin to sky rocket to another million...i know people who is waitin for that game to come out then they will get the ps3.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Carmilla31
But europe is still a month away. Lets all have this conversation again six months from now.Darth matt
The PS3 has no games in US/Japan. The PS3 is expensive in US/Japan. The PS3 isnt selling up to par in US/Japan. What will change in Europe? The PS3 still has no games in Europe and is still expensive in Europe!
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts

How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...Wasdie

your point fails. none of the other consoles have dropped there system sellers either(mario,halo,fable,SSB etc.)and they are doing fine. plus the exclusives on PS3 are just average, the only onesi like are Gran Turismo and MGS4 and they arent worth the $600+. Gamers shouldnt be backed into a corner and forced to pay outragous amounts to play games. on top of that for games that MIGHT come out this year.

and i can see your response now "you just wait till...07.. um i meen ...08...bu...buh...teh...Cell....4D.oh...well..i can watch movies "

chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chrismunx

If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?Carmilla31

Wrong. People are going to start to realise that the Wii was just a "novelty" purchase if the games don't start to pump out. A new Mario, SSBB, Metroid 3? That's it for this year as big named games? The DSL has more hype behind than the Wii, and the PS3, as I mentioned before, has some big named most wanted games that the Japanese market wants badly. Quite frankly, if Sony would of done the smart thing, and not of done a stupid "worldwide" launch, they'd of been in a much better possition at this point. Demand would of been met, supplies up to par, etc.

nevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 nevi
Member since 2005 • 860 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...cakeorrdeath

Yes everybody knows the reason the PS3 isn't selling well is the price and a lack of games. I don't get your point?

that sig is cute. is that your cat?
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

Evryone acts like FF is the greatest system seller ever. Its not. FFVIII was the highest selling one ever in Japan and it only sold 3.6million

http://www.vgcharts.org/japtotals.php

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cakeorrdeath

your point fails. none of the other consoles have dropped there system sellers either(mario,halo,fable,SSB etc.)

OpticalCanine

What?

Gears of War, Zelda and Wii Sportts are all hugely popular titles. The PS3 doesn't have anything to compare to them at thsi current point in time.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chrismunx

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...OpticalCanine

your point fails. none of the other consoles have dropped there system sellers either(mario,halo,fable,SSB etc.)and they are doing fine. plus the exclusives on PS3 are just average, the only onesi like are Gran Turismo and MGS4 and they arent worth the $600+. Gamers shouldnt be backed into a corner and forced to pay outragous amounts to play games. on top of that for games that MIGHT come out this year.

and i can see your response now "you just wait till...07.. um i meen ...08...bu...buh...teh...Cell....4D.oh...well..i can watch movies "

We're talking about the JA market, not others. But you are right about other regions. There may be others that are just not interested in the next DMC, or MGS game. But in Japan, those are still very huge titles that can't be passed up. Hell. Look at Gundam there. Very very very popular still and sells like crazy. Just like Pokemon.

iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!supermechakirby

yeah and you lemmings all have a fast food mentality that wasn't applied to your own system that had huge droughts of games for the first year. Plus you fail because the PS3 has sold 2X as much as the 360 in Japan in 1/6th the time.
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

From what I hear the PS3 has already outsold the 360 in Japan. If anything is non existent in Japan it's the 360.
crazyjames1080

what i don't understand is what you guys are smoking? of course 360 is doing bad in japan, it always has sold bad in japan, but sony is huge in japan. for the PS3 not to fly off the shelves is unbelievable! what sony fan can honestly say that after 3 months there would still be systems on the shelves?

I can't believe how many people here in the states goes on and on about how the PS3 outsold the 360....its supposed to, christ I"m a 360 fan and I new that the PS3 would clobber the 360 in japan, but even I never thought that people would not be buying the PS3, I'm in shock that sony is having so many problems.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!iwo4life

yeah and you lemmings all have a fast food mentality that wasn't applied to your own system that had huge droughts of games for the first year. Plus you fail because the PS3 has sold 2X as much as the 360 in Japan in 1/6th the time.

And yet the Xdrones keep bringing up Japanese sales. Sad, isn't it?
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 supermechakirby

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?chrismunx

Wrong. People are going to start to realise that the Wii was just a "novelty" purchase if the games don't start to pump out. A new Mario, SSBB, Metroid 3? That's it for this year as big named games? The DSL has more hype behind than the Wii, and the PS3, as I mentioned before, has some big named most wanted games that the Japanese market wants badly. Quite frankly, if Sony would of done the smart thing, and not of done a stupid "worldwide" launch, they'd of been in a much better possition at this point. Demand would of been met, supplies up to par, etc.

Blue Dragon was wanted more than MGS, BD was number 2 on the most wanted poll that Famitsu did. MGS4 right behid it, and LoZ TP right behind MGS so tell me if the one before MGS4 and the one after MGS4 didnt sell well what makes you think that MGS4 would? BD was right after final Fantasy 13 also..
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?chrismunx

Here is a question for you. Did you think that the DS was a fad when it first came out??

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Carmilla31

The Wii is selling out up to this day with no games. Why cant the PS3 sell out with no games? The Wii has three blockbusters this year in Mario, Brawl, and Metroid (unless they delay one or two to spread the wealth). The PS3 has none. MGS and FF will be 2008 titles.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Ummmmm no....... 

Quote:

1. (2 / 1) Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Square Enix 2.443
2. (1 / 2) Dragon Quest IX NDS Square Enix 2.387
3. (3 / 3) Biohazard 5 PS3 Capcom 1.500
4. (4 / 4) Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Konami 1.284
5. (9 /12) Monster Hunter Portable 2nd PSP Capcom 949
6. (6 / 6) Persona 3: Fes PS2 Atlus 898
7. (5 /11) Gundam Musou PS3 Bandai Namco 853
8. (7 / 5) Super Robot Taisen: Original Generations PS2 Banpresto 782
9. (10/ 7) Gyakuten Saiban 4 NDS Capcom 731
10. (8 /10) Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii Nintendo 614
11. (11/ 8 ) Lost Odyssey Xbox 360 Microsoft 567
12. (14/14) Higurashi no Naku Kei ni Matsuri NDS Alchemist 520
13. (12/13) Zelda no Densetsu: Phantom Hourglass NDS Nintendo 482
14. (15/26) Final Fantasy Versus XIII PS3 Square Enix 469
15. (19/17) Super Robot Taisen W NDS Banpresto 392
17. (17/17) Monster Hunter 3 PS3 Capcom 382
18. (16/22) Fire Emblem Wii Nintendo 371
19. (13/15) Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Wii Square Enix 365
20. (25/30) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII PSP Square Enix 313

http://www.gamefront.de/

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

Dude, Wasdie has a good point. It's not that the PS3 is a bad system. All they need are some good games and a price cut to make the ps3 more competitive. I'd also like to see Sony focus more on games than on Blu-Ray. Whether or not you like Microsoft, you have to admit that both the 360 and Wii are more "game" focused. The ps3 is not out of the running, not by a long shot.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chrismunx
[QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?supermechakirby

Blue Dragon was wanted more than MGS, BD was number 2 on the most wanted poll that Famitsu did. MGS4 right behid it, and LoZ TP right behind MGS so tell me if the one before MGS4 and the one after MGS4 didnt sell well what makes you think that MGS4 would? BD was right after final Fantasy 13 also..

And has BD sold as much as say...a recent FF, ala 12? Hardly. Hype is one thing, sure. Sales? Entirely different. Sales speak louder than hype. It's all hypothetical to start with, as your thread implies, but the numbers speak louder. If we're just talking JA sales, then the Wii dominates, with PS3 next, and 360 dead last. By the end of the year who knows what will happen. Will 360 pick up? Will the Wii die down? Will PS3 cease to exist? Hard to say but with what games are coming out, it's really a toss up right.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Carmilla31
Hype and most wanted = worthless Blue Dragon was in the top 5 most wanted and tanked in Japan. The PS3 was the #1 most wanted next gen console in Japan and look what good that did.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chrismunx
[QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?Carmilla31

The Wii is selling out up to this day with no games. Why cant the PS3 sell out with no games? The Wii has three blockbusters this year in Mario, Brawl, and Metroid (unless they delay one or two to spread the wealth). The PS3 has none. MGS and FF will be 2008 titles.

I beg to differ. MGS4 will come out in 2007 in Japan. Let's not forget Tekken 6 (I hope), Heavenly Sword, and there's probably a shat load of unannounced games that will come out that will go along the lines of rpg's. It's still the beginning of the year, and with FF13's demo coming out this year, there's that very slight possibility of it coming out in Japan this year as well. I predict import madness because of PS3 being region free with the games.

Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="iwo4life"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]All they need to do is lower the price and get a few games out for the system. I have been saying that for the longest time now it still hasen't happened!Dire_Weasel

And yet the Xdrones keep bringing up Japanese sales. Sad, isn't it?

Dude, we know that Xbox doesnt do well in Japan. However, it's continuely doing better then it previously was. Whereas the PS3 is continuale doing worse. We are not claiming the xbox is doing better then the playstation in Japan. We are simply pointing out how bad PS3 is doing compared to what it could have done.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 crazyjames1080

[QUOTE="crazyjames1080"]From what I hear the PS3 has already outsold the 360 in Japan. If anything is non existent in Japan it's the 360.
LEGEND_C4A

what i don't understand is what you guys are smoking? of course 360 is doing bad in japan, it always has sold bad in japan, but sony is huge in japan. for the PS3 not to fly off the shelves is unbelievable! what sony fan can honestly say that after 3 months there would still be systems on the shelves?

I can't believe how many people here in the stats goes on and on about how the PS3 outsold the 360....its supposed to, christ I"m a 360 fan and I new that the PS3 would clobber the 360 in japan, but even I never thought that people would not be buying the PS3, I'm in shock that sony is having so many problems.

Let me redirect that at yourself. Arguably at this point in time the PS3 is the most illegitimate console on the market currently yet it outsold a console that has been out for a year in just a month. It seems like Lemmings are jumping the gun and have forgotten that for a few months the Cube outsold the 360 in Japan last year. Go figure.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
[QUOTE="Darth matt"]But europe is still a month away. Lets all have this conversation again six months from now.Carmilla31
The PS3 has no games in US/Japan. The PS3 is expensive in US/Japan. The PS3 isnt selling up to par in US/Japan. What will change in Europe? The PS3 still has no games in Europe and is still expensive in Europe!

Yeah, I know, I'm just saying wait until the wall is built until you start tearing it down. I by no means expect the PS3 to do well in Europe. I just think the the PS3s fate will be much clearer in 6 months to a year.
Bibbidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bibbidy
Member since 2006 • 636 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...cakeorrdeath

You've got to think like a cow. A high price due to manufacturing costs and lack of good games aren't fundamental problems; they're just business decisions that Sony can change anytime they like. You just have to wait for a little while. Until next E3. Until next Christmas. Until....
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 supermechakirby
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]How many big titles have been released there? Not a single MSG game, FF game, DMC game, no Gran Truismo game. Those are system sellers. In Japan they play VF in arcades, not on consoles. I mean the best game so far is Resistance, somehow that has sold the most copies of any PS3 games. An American FPS...nevi

that sig is cute. is that your cat?

its a japanese gamers cat thats the truth
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
[QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?Carmilla31

Wii can sell out with no games because its only 250. The PS3 is almost double that so people arent just gonna pick it up like its a DVD, they have to save and have more then one game to play on it. People need to understand that the Wiis sales are not gonna interfere with the PS3 and 360s success. Its not gonna be most gamers only console and will have less 3rd party support. People will buy the Wii and play its 1st party games but the 3rd party games and other first party games will be bought on the 360 and PS3. The Wii is a console that focuses on party and mini games. Its not a serious RPG, action adventure, violent, FPS kind of console. THose games will be on the PS3. Japan are gonna buy plenty of PS3s over its lifetime. Just because a system is in stock is not a bad thing. Steady sales is whats important and the PS3 has very steady sales for a console thats been out for two months and has one decent game.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
with none of those being released till 08 do you think they'll make a difference at that time or will the war be pretty much over already?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cakeorrdeath
A high price due to manufacturing costs and lack of good games aren't fundamental problems; they're just business decisions that Sony can change anytime they like.Bibbidy

That made me chuckle.
Gaheris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gaheris
Member since 2004 • 135 Posts
The thing about the japanese market is that it has shifted due to the success of the DS. That large untapped gaming market is key for Nintendo and is a lot bigger than the traditional gaming market. With the DS portables have become a driver for the Industry in Japan with niche titles like Kanji training being low cost to produce and selling not like blockbusters but with legs. This is very new to the market and I think it is shifting views on what gaming can be and with the potential connection between the DS and the Wii I see it as only expanding further but using complimentary elemts of both systems. That is why the Wii has non gaming elements to become something that is used by more than just gamers. The PS3 will be fine but I doubt it will pull the numbers of the PS2. There is just way too much competition and the competition is not trying to do the same thing but are each doing something different especially the Wii. So Sony needs the games and will have a slow burn how it ends up at the end of the race is unknown but I doubt it will be the overwhelming winner of this generation.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Carmilla31
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"][QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If people dont buy the console then theres no user base. If theres no user base then developers wont make games. And theres NO system sellers for the PS3 until 2008. Thats a long time to wait for blockbusters like MGS and FF. The Wii was outselling the PS3 2 to 1 at launch and now its 4 to 1. How many more millions will the Wii have sold when 2008 rolls around?Javy03

Wii can sell out with no games because its only 250. The PS3 is almost double that so people arent just gonna pick it up like its a DVD, they have to save and have more then one game to play on it. People need to understand that the Wiis sales are not gonna interfere with the PS3 and 360s success. Its not gonna be most gamers only console and will have less 3rd party support. People will buy the Wii and play its 1st party games but the 3rd party games and other first party games will be bought on the 360 and PS3. The Wii is a console that focuses on party and mini games. Its not a serious RPG, action adventure, violent, FPS kind of console. THose games will be on the PS3. Japan are gonna buy plenty of PS3s over its lifetime. Just because a system is in stock is not a bad thing. Steady sales is whats important and the PS3 has very steady sales for a console thats been out for two months and has one decent game.

And why cant the Wii have both like the DS? The DS has its share of short quirky mini games but also has Castlevania, Final Fantasy, etc, that took me longer to beat than Gears of War, Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear Solid.
SHADY_SMOKA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SHADY_SMOKA
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
crazyjames1080
Thats was kinda expected though.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 crazyjames1080
[QUOTE="crazyjames1080"]From what I hear the PS3 has already outsold the 360 in Japan. If anything is non existent in Japan it's the 360.
SHADY_SMOKA

News to me. Fact is, Lemmings have no room to talk about Japan's sales. Criticising the PS3's success in Japan is self ownage by default.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

[QUOTE="SHADY_SMOKA"][QUOTE="crazyjames1080"]From what I hear the PS3 has already outsold the 360 in Japan. If anything is non existent in Japan it's the 360.
crazyjames1080

News to me. Fact is, Lemmings have no room to talk about Japan's sales. Criticising the PS3's success in Japan is self ownage by default.

actually lemmings never really hyped japan as being pro 360 while the cows were predicting japanese ps3 would single handidly ruin MS...

...not happening...:lol: