The BIGGEST feature ps3 has over xbox 360 is...

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts

... the ability to buy classic ps1 games!

that is the one of the main reasons why i'd ever get a ps3 (other bieng blu ray player). yeah, id buy a ps3 to play ps1 games.

quality classics like final fantasy 7, silent hill 1, suikoden 1, and some other titles are very expensive as physical copies like ff7 is 40$ and silent hill is 40$ , suiko 1 is 34$ but on psn their like are like 15$ each. so that is a huge drawing point for ps3 imo. we get to screw ebayers who risse prises on their claisic games when we can buy them on psn for 15 bucks each. soo uhhh yeah.... buy a ps3 to screw ebay.

wii vc got this too

360... not so much yet. nooen of their games are excatly big $$$ valuable games. so wii (and esp) ps3 have that feature that i like.

ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
You know it's a disappointing generation when people are praising the backward compatibility of games as one of the best features of a system.
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts

that is the one of the main reasons why i'd ever get a ps3 (other bieng blu ray player). yeah, id buy a ps3 to play ps1 games.

quality classics like final fantasy 7, silent hill 1, suikoden 1, and some other titles are very expensive as physical copies like ff7 is 40$ and silent hill is 40$ , suiko 1 is 34$ but on psn their like are like 15$ each. so that is a huge drawing point for ps3 imo. we get to screw ebayers who risse prises on their claisic games when we can buy them on psn for 15 bucks each. soo uhhh yeah.... buy a ps3 to screw ebay.

wii vc got this too

360... not so much yet. nooen of their games are excatly big $$$ valuable games. so wii (and esp) ps3 have that feature that i like.

KittyHeart
I thought PS3 owners didn't care about older games? Hence the lack PS2 BC which they don''t complain about.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I own a PS3 & could't care less about that feature. I'm sorry, I just would rather spend my money & time on something new.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KittyHeart
You know it's a disappointing generation when people are praising the backward compatibility of games as one of the best features of a system.ZookGuy
thats not my point... at all..... lol
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KittyHeart
im talking about ps1 games.... ebayers like to raise their prices on goodies games ,but a ps3 fights back. hmmm, 40$ final fanasy 7 or 15 $ download? i'd take the d/l verson, mr ebay hahahaa
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

I own a PS3 & could care less about that feature. I'm sorry, I just to spend my money & time on something new.

shawn7324
Don't you mean, "I couldn't care less"?
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts
last PS1 game i tried to play was 2xtreme, and it looks horrible!! I refuse to play anymore :P Side note - wii has the best nostalgic experiences on wiiware.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shawn7324
[QUOTE="KittyHeart"]im talking about ps1 games.... ebayers like to raise their prices on goodies games ,but a ps3 fights back. hmmm, 40$ final fanasy 7 or 15 $ download? i'd take the d/l verson, mr ebay hahahaa

OK............................??? You know I sell games on Ebay all the time, so quit your crying over someone trying to make as much money as possible.
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

No, it's definitely the free online.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn7324
[QUOTE="shawn7324"]

I own a PS3 & could care less about that feature. I'm sorry, I just to spend my money & time on something new.

joel_c17

Yeah you know what I mean & so did everyone else, at least I hope they did. Wasn't too difficult to pick up on.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Oh yes, I always love playing old games that I played before and even missed, I agree with this.:)

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KittyHeart
I wouldn't say that, they haven't put a lot of good PS1 games on it.Yandere
final fantasy 7, silent hill, and suikoden disagree with you, lol hehe you mean those aren't good? those are great ps1 games that are like 40$ each on ebay an only 15 on psn
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="shawn7324"]

Yeah you know what I mean & so did everyone else, at least I hope they did. Wasn't too difficult to pick up on.

Yet it must've been difficult to type correctly.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]I wouldn't say that, they haven't put a lot of good PS1 games on it.KittyHeart
final fantasy 7, silent hill, and suikoden disagree with you, lol hehe you mean those aren't good? those are great ps1 games that are like 40$ each on ebay an only 15 on psn

Final Fantasy 7 is bad, same for Silent Hill, never played Suikoden.

The only above average PS1 game they have on PSN is R-Types.

Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

wii vc got this too

KittyHeart

360 fanboy: HAHAHAHHA you dont have ps2 BC

ps3 fanboy: ummmm so? Idc about BC

Ps3 fanboy: HAHAHHAHAHA we own cuz we have ps1 Bc

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the best feature is bluray
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KittyHeart

[QUOTE="KittyHeart"]im talking about ps1 games.... ebayers like to raise their prices on goodies games ,but a ps3 fights back. hmmm, 40$ final fanasy 7 or 15 $ download? i'd take the d/l verson, mr ebay hahahaashawn7324
OK............................??? You know I sell games on Ebay all the time, so quit your crying over someone trying to make as much money as possible.

lol! hehe

so how are your business on ps1 games?

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

As awesome as PS1 games were, they're not quite as awesome now a days.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KittyHeart

[QUOTE="KittyHeart"][QUOTE="Yandere"]I wouldn't say that, they haven't put a lot of good PS1 games on it.Yandere

lol ok final fantasy7 is bad.... silent hill is bad.... ok, just your opinion moving along...
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Old DL games are awesome. I could track down a copy of SoM or I could just spend 8 bucks and buy it. I could track down a $60+ copy of FF7 (I got mine free but w/e) or I could buy it for like $15. This is no distinguishing feture but it is a great one. Shame on people who are trying to call it worthless.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Xbox loses because the current PS3 games > xbox games

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

[QUOTE="KittyHeart"][QUOTE="Yandere"]I wouldn't say that, they haven't put a lot of good PS1 games on it.Yandere

I didn't want to pull this card but you made me do it.....

Visual Novels suck.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yandere

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="KittyHeart"] final fantasy 7, silent hill, and suikoden disagree with you, lol hehe you mean those aren't good? those are great ps1 games that are like 40$ each on ebay an only 15 on psnEggimannd

Visual Novels suck.

Glad that you've played enough to make that decision.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

Visual Novels suck.

To be honest I don't think I've ever played any. I just know I don't like the genre.

I'm kind of curious what you're comparing FF7 and Silent Hill with (in the same genres) to call them bad.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Yandere

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Visual Novels suck.

Eggimannd

To be honest I don't think I've ever played any. I just know I don't like the genre.

I'm kind of curious what you're comparing FF7 and Silent Hill with (in the same genres) to call them bad.

So if I never heard music would it be smart to say music sucks?

And I'm not comparing those two games, she brought them up trying to prove a point and I didn't agree with it.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

PS1 graphics on a HDTV makes my eyes bleed, but I love what they did with the God of War Collection. Still can't hold a candle to current gen graphics but it looks much better than the original evident by the in-game cinematic. *shivers*

Maybe if they do that with PS1 games I'd buy some of them.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KittyHeart
And I'm not comparing those two games, she brought them up trying to prove a point and I didn't agree with it.Yandere
ok hunny, i'm gonna stay right here while you tell me why you feel final fantasy 7 and silent hill 1 are bad, ok? i know its your opinon but id sure like to hear why.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yandere

[QUOTE="Yandere"]And I'm not comparing those two games, she brought them up trying to prove a point and I didn't agree with it.KittyHeart
ok hunny, i'm gonna stay right here while you tell me why you feel final fantasy 7 and silent hill 1 are bad, ok? i know its your opinon but id sure like to hear why.

I just can't stand Final Fantasy 7, why? No clue, I honestly can't play the game for longer then 20 minutes without cussing and insulting the game. Silent Hill is just boring to me, not as bad as Resident Evil is though.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

I wouldn't say its the biggest feature, but it is nice. Paying $10 for FFVII is a lot better than shelling out $150+ for a new copy on ebay.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

PS3 has a number of features that I would rank higher above having a few PS1 games available via PSN..

1. Free online service
  2. Blu-Ray player
  3. Better exclusives (MS has no first party presence on the 360)
  4. Excellent price. Best value you will get out of all of the current-gen home consoles.

etc. etc. etc.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

And I'm not comparing those two games, she brought them up trying to prove a point and I didn't agree with it.

I know I wouldn't like the genre because it mostly revolves around interaction and doesn't have much gameplay in it. Also I'm not going to jump the gun because I don't know much about the genre but it seems that a lot of visual novels revolve around some cute japanese little girl (Like I said I could be totally wrong but from your profile that seems to be the case).

And I didn't want you to compare FF7 to Silent Hill. I want you to explain why you said they are bad by comparing them to their genres (rpg and horror/survival).

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KittyHeart

PS3 has a number of features that I would rank higher above having a few PS1 games available via PSN..

1. Free online service
  2. Blu-Ray player
  3. Better exclusives (MS has no first party presence on the 360)
  4. Excellent price. Best value you will get out of all of the current-gen home consoles.

etc. etc. etc.

shoryuken_
youre not done. "etc, etc, etc." ok, whats 5, 6, and 7?
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mario2007

1. Free online service However you get a worse community with barely anyone using headsets online.
  2. Blu-Ray player So I can watch overpriced blue rays on them with slightly better visuals? I'll stick to DVD (which PS3 can also do I'll give them that)
  3. Better exclusives (MS has no first party presence on the 360) The 360 still has better exclusives than the PS3 according to the chart
  4. Excellent price. Best value you will get out of all of the current-gen home consoles. It's the same price as the 360, so the better value ultimately comes down to which games you like better.

etc. etc. etc.

shoryuken_

My thoughts.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You know it's a disappointing generation when people are praising the backward compatibility of games as one of the best features of a system.ZookGuy

I'm not sure if the opinions on System Wars is a good indication of this gen, not to mention this is just one of many others out there.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="KittyHeart"][QUOTE="Yandere"]And I'm not comparing those two games, she brought them up trying to prove a point and I didn't agree with it.Yandere

I just can't stand Final Fantasy 7, why? No clue, I honestly can't play the game for longer then 20 minutes without cussing and insulting the game. Silent Hill is just boring to me, not as bad as Resident Evil is though.

See here's the problem. You're calling the games bad without even giving valid reasons.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't quality titles.

SonyIsh6Fotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SonyIsh6Fotta
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

It is a cool feature since I get to upload them to the psp, I'm not playin those old games on my PS3, it's for new games :).

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="KittyHeart"] ok hunny, i'm gonna stay right here while you tell me why you feel final fantasy 7 and silent hill 1 are bad, ok? i know its your opinon but id sure like to hear why.Eggimannd

See here's the problem. You're calling the games bad without even giving valid reasons.

Despite me not liking disssing games simply because you don't like them the result would be the same. I could go through 500 reasons why FF7 is a flawed as hell game but does it really change anything?

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shoryuken_

youre not done. "etc, etc, etc." ok, whats 5, 6, and 7?KittyHeart

5, 6, and 7 are numbers. :roll:

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KittyHeart

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

1. Free online service However you get a worse community with barely anyone using headsets online.
  2. Blu-Ray player So I can watch overpriced blue rays on them with slightly better visuals? I'll stick to DVD (which PS3 can also do I'll give them that)
  3. Better exclusives (MS has no first party presence on the 360) The 360 still has better exclusives than the PS3 according to the chart
  4. Excellent price. Best value you will get out of all of the current-gen home consoles. It's the same price as the 360, so the better value ultimately comes down to which games you like better.

etc. etc. etc.

Mario2007

My thoughts.

you make good points.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Yandere

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Eggimannd

I know I wouldn't like the genre because it mostly revolves around interaction and doesn't have much gameplay in it. Also I'm not going to jump the gun because I don't know much about the genre but it seems that a lot of visual novels revolve around some cute japanese little girl (Like I said I could be totally wrong but from your profile that seems to be the case).

And I didn't want you to compare FF7 to Silent Hill. I want you to explain why you said they are bad by comparing them to their genres (rpg and horror/survival).

It matters, in most visual novels you go after girls, but just like any genre there are exceptions. Visual Novels can be any genre really, I've seen quite a few Horror and Psychological visual novels and their are no girls involved. I personally like when they have girls though, it is fun to see the character development and character design.

Also, visual novels are also sometimes mixed with other genres like Tactical RPGs/Turn Based RPGs/SHMUPs.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shoryuken_

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

ActicEdge

Despite me not liking disssing games simply because you don't like them the result would be the same. I could go through 500 reasons why FF7 is a flawed as hell game but does it really change anything?

I agree that it is a flawed game and hasn't survived the test of time as certain other games. However, I understand that this was the first time FF went into 3D and I've been able to overlook some of the cons of the game. Overrated? Sure. Great game? You bet. I'm having a blast with it right now.

Yandere plays more JRPGs than me and I think he ends up comparing it to all of those great JRPGs that you or I probably haven't heard about. Totally understandable IMO. Personally, I think FF7 is a good game, not the best one as so many people like to claim, but a good one nonetheless.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Built in batteries for the controller and built in wi-fi

Free online play plus deciated servers for most online games

Reliable system

More AAA exclusives than 360

Those are the biggest features!

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I would have said ps3 exclusives but hey ur option is good too

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mario2007

[QUOTE="Mario2007"]

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

etc. etc. etc.

KittyHeart

My thoughts.

you make good points.

I'm flattered. :oops:

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shoryuken_

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

1. Free online service However you get a worse community with barely anyone using headsets online. It's a tradeoff. I'd rather just talk to my friends and people I'm cool with on GS rather than random people. Sony is also in the process of improving PSN so that it becomes a real threat to Live.
  2. Blu-Ray player So I can watch overpriced blue rays on them with slightly better visuals? I'll stick to DVD (which PS3 can also do I'll give them that) Okay, but Blu-Ray is now the industry standard. If MS won the format wars, Sony would not have this advantage. Including Blu-Ray in a 299.99 package is a steal considering how expensive most Blu-Ray players are.
  3. Better exclusives (MS has no first party presence on the 360) The 360 still has better exclusives than the PS3 according to the chart I don't use Gamespot scores. I prefer looking at the aggregate scores on Metacritic on GameRankings. The PS3 has caught up a lot since 2007.
  4. Excellent price. Best value you will get out of all of the current-gen home consoles. It's the same price as the 360, so the better value ultimately comes down to which games you like better. It has the best hardware, Blu-Ray, etc. Those are facts. For the system itself, the PS3 has the best value.

etc. etc. etc.

Mario2007

My thoughts.

My thoughts.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

shoryuken_

I agree that it is a flawed game and hasn't survived the test of time as certain other games. However, I understand that this was the first time FF went into 3D and I've been able to overlook some of the cons of the game. Overrated? Sure. Great game? You bet. I'm having a blast with it right now.

Yandere plays more JRPGs than me and I think he ends up comparing it to all of those great JRPGs that you or I probably haven't heard about. Totally understandable IMO. Personally, I think FF7 is a good game, not the best one as so many people like to claim, but a good one nonetheless.

I think FF7 is good. Flawed as hell but still good. I had a lot of fun with it but yeah, there are some problems people refuse to see. I forgive FF7 on a lot of things including graphics but my problem are core design ones. I respect Yandre's playing habits even if I don't agree with everything he says. He definitely plays more JRPG games than I have heard of lol. But back to my main point was his opinion on the game really was him speaking for himself. In a thread where the highlights are classic games, if you don't see value in those then the library loses its appeal.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

More AAA exclusives than 360

Warriorboy1990

I'm gonna go with no.

How do I know you're wrong? The spreadsheet.