the best games for the wii are the old snes and n64 games

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zam_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zam_basic
Member since 2002 • 5246 Posts

and thats sad

wii owners will end up using the wii as a retro system to get thier gaming satisfaction

mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts
Zelda and Warioware disagree.
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Zelda and Warioware disagree. mis3ry
Yea, so would Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Super Smash. Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Wii Sports...Darn, I forgot because I was buying those old Super Nintendo games. dang,
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
That's not sad, that's just a testament to how good those old games are. They'd be the best games for the XBox 360 or PS3, too, if they were on either of those systems.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
That's not sad, that's just a testament to how good those old games are. They'd be the best games for the XBox 360 or PS3, too, if they were on either of those systems.
Dr_Corndog
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

and thats sad

wii owners will end up using the wii as a retro system to get thier gaming satisfaction

Zam_basic

Hmm actually the funny thing about this is....your wong too bad......

Paul_Phoenicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Paul_Phoenicks
Member since 2002 • 1015 Posts
Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?
Zam_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zam_basic
Member since 2002 • 5246 Posts
Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?Paul_Phoenicks
yes I agree OOT and Mario Kart 64 kicks butt thats undeniable but I'm affriad that the wii wont get some awesome true next gen games like the PS3 will get
dante1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dante1972
Member since 2004 • 934 Posts

and thats sad

Zam_basic

360 and PS3 games only offer improved graphics of old games. 360 and PS3 owners will end up using their systems to play the same games they did years ago but with improved graphics. Now that is really sad.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?Paul_Phoenicks
still on the OOT bandwagon i see....I played Zelda OOT up untill the Forest Temple and I couldnt find my self playing it anymore (yes ask me any question about it)
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?poopinloop32
still on the OOT bandwagon i see....I played Zelda OOT up untill the Forest Temple and I couldnt find my self playing it anymore (yes ask me any question about it)

You didn't get to any of the cinematic parts of the game. If you had seen Kakariko village burning to the ground you would've been inspired.
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
Will it turn into a retro console? No. Am I glad that feature is available? Hell yes.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 KingOfTaco
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?DrPepper1998

You didn't get to any of the cinematic parts of the game. If you had seen Kakariko village burning to the ground you would've been inspired.

What was so inspiring about that part?

KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KingOfTaco

Uh, no.

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?KingOfTaco

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KingOfTaco
[QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?ranger_waha

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

No. Get off the nostalgia train and off the high horse. There are many, many technically superior games on X360 that OoT couldn't own up to. It was a great game in 1998 but let it go, since comments like that invite people to hate it.

I could understand if you said OoT > Any individual X360 game, but to say it's better than the whole library is ignorance at its finest.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
How does that work on the system? Does the Wii have an emulator and then you download the games? Do you have to pay for the games? I want a Wii (for its games) especially if I can also play Nintendo games like Tecmo Bowl and Excite Bike. Can someone answer my questions? Thanks in advance.
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrPepper1998

[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?KingOfTaco

What was so inspiring about that part?

Because you've been there as a kid, as an adult, and now that familiar, peaceful village is burning at the hands of Ganondorf, it's great.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nickdastick
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?KingOfTaco

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

No. Get off the nostalgia train and off the high horse. There are many, many technically superior games on X360 that OoT couldn't own up to. It was a great game in 1998 but let it go, since comments like that invite people to hate it.

I could understand if you said OoT > Any individual X360 game, but to say it's better than the whole library is ignorance at its finest.

I would have to agree especially since there are many people (me included) that like other types of games more anyway. Gears and Rainbow Six alone are better games to me and I'm sure many others. And one game can't compete with any library of games just due to the fact that one game ends at some point while a library has many games that you can go back to and spend much more time overall.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ranger_waha

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KingOfTaco
Because you've been there as a kid, as an adult, and now that familiar, peaceful village is burning at the hands of Ganondorf, it's great.DrPepper1998

I guess it didn't really inspire me since I've seen scenes like that before.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

and thats sad

Zam_basic

I am a wii hater and just talked to a very good friend that I grew up with and played games with back in the day.  He purchased a wii and loves it and I am heading over to his place now to play some.  He said some really intersting things about why he likes the wii that reinforce why I dont like it but make a lot of sense as to the success of the wii.

I plan on creating a post about it all after I have some time to go over there and game for a at least a few hours.

DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="KingOfTaco"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?ranger_waha

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.

There was no metroid prime game for nes, there was a side scrolling Metroid shooter.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KingOfTaco

Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.ranger_waha

I love it when people say something completely questionable, and then proclaim "it's my opinion". That has to be by far the biggest copout I've ever seen.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#25 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Zelda and warioware?
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
I thought the best Wii game was Resident Evil 4.

:?

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ranger_waha

[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.KingOfTaco

I love it when people say something completely questionable, and then proclaim "it's my opinion". That has to be by far the biggest copout I've ever seen.

Sorry fuhrer, forgot we aren't allowed to have opinions around here. Oh wait..I'm typing in a free country, on a free domain. Guess I can have an opinion after all. You fail.
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrPepper1998
I thought the best Wii game was Resident Evil 4.

sonicmj1
That's.... a....... gamecube....game...
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BuryMe

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

It's the technology that determines how good a game is?

sad

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nickdastick
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?DrPepper1998

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

There was no metroid prime game for nes, there was a side scrolling Metroid shooter.

Dude, what is your deal! You knew what he meant! I know I did when he said it. Some people's kids!
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.ranger_waha

Sorry fuhrer, forgot we aren't allowed to have opinions around here. Oh wait..I'm typing in a free country, on a free domain. Guess I can have an opinion after all. You fail.

You tell it, sister!
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?nickdastick

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

Dude, what is your deal! You knew what he meant! I know I did when he said it. Some people's kids!

SHUT UP AND LET ME BE MEAN
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]I thought the best Wii game was Resident Evil 4.

DrPepper1998
That's.... a....... gamecube....game...

And SNES and N64 games are SNES and N64 games, but you can play them on a Wii. Same with RE4. It can be played on a Wii.

It's a rather lame point, I admit.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KingOfTaco
[QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.ranger_waha

So, then, how does OoT beat the entire X360 library?

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nickdastick

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?BuryMe

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

sad

I agree with that. I don't know why someone would think that technology automatically means a game is better. I know tons of NES games that I would play before a lot of games that were on stronger systems (N64, PS2, X360). Now, I will say that no one game can compete with an entire library just due to the fact that there are SO many choices within a library of games. And, collectively, those games would be pretty dang good! OoT is a great game, but it doesn't beat any library I know of. At least, if I had to choose between OoT and a library of games, give me the library any day because that will last longer.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ranger_waha

[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Some people aren't looking for technical superiority. There are people on GS who'd say the fiorst Metroid Prime game for nes >>>all other libraries. If a game is good, it's good. Time doesn't chip away at that, unless your simply facetious. Besides, the only thing on this board is opinion. If I have to put IMO before every post, there's a problem here.KingOfTaco

By my liking it more, I think it beats it. See the connection? My opinion=OOT Is best game evar. Thus I think OOT>>all other games. This includes 360 library. Catching on?
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DrPepper1998

Stop being a video game nazi all he said was that we're all allowed to have an opinion, a much more informed argument than your's.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="DrPepper1998"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?DrPepper1998

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

SHUT UP AND LET ME BE MEAN

No!
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
[QUOTE="Zam_basic"]

and thats sad

dante1972

360 and PS3 games only offer improved graphics of old games. 360 and PS3 owners will end up using their systems to play the same games they did years ago but with improved graphics. Now that is really sad.

WTF are you talking about? 85% of the Wii's line up of games are sequels to games that have appeared on the Gamecube and N64.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KingOfTaco

[QUOTE="Paul_Phoenicks"]Ocarina of Time >The Xbox 360 library > The PS3 library So, what's your point?BuryMe

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

sad

So one smaller, shallower, shorter game beats many bigger ones? Where's the logic in that? It isn't just graphics, it's AI, game size, depth, story, all that stuff.

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="dante1972"][QUOTE="Zam_basic"]

and thats sad

CajunShooter

WTF are you talking about? 85% of the Wii's line up of games are sequels to games that have appeared on the Gamecube and N64.

PS2 library, cough cough. PSP library, hack wheeze.
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KingOfTaco

By my liking it more, I think it beats it. See the connection? My opinion=OOT Is best game evar. Thus I think OOT>>all other games. This includes 360 library. Catching on?

The ENTIRE library? So if I gave a game a 10, and then 15 games 9.9's, am I supposed to believe that the 10 game is better than 15 9.9's put together? By your logic I'm supposed to.

DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="CajunShooter"][QUOTE="dante1972"][QUOTE="Zam_basic"]

and thats sad

ranger_waha

Wait, are there any PSP games that aren't sequels?
KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KingOfTaco

Stop being a video game nazi all he said was that we're all allowed to have an opinion, a much more informed argument than your's.DrPepper1998

Where's the informed argument?

KingOfTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KingOfTaco
Wait, are there any PSP games that aren't sequels?DrPepper1998

Lumines, Loco Roco? The PSP's a haven for sequels but there are games that aren't.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BuryMe

So one smaller, shallower, shorter game beats many bigger ones? Where's the logic in that? It isn't just graphics, it's AI, game size, depth, story, all that stuff.KingOfTaco
Obviously, an entire library of games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1 game.

But technology doesn't dictate how good a game is. It isn't suddenly bad because it's on an older system, and it isn't suddenly good because it's on a strong system. Zelda has a great story, and the gameplay is great. It's a great game, even if it is old

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
[QUOTE="CajunShooter"][QUOTE="dante1972"][QUOTE="Zam_basic"]

and thats sad

ranger_waha

There are games coming out for PS3 and 360 that are sequels, but some of the biggest games coming out are new franchises. The Wii is the same games that came out for the Gamecube with slightly improved graphics and a new controller.
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrPepper1998
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"]Wait, are there any PSP games that aren't sequels?KingOfTaco

Lumines, Loco Roco? The PSP's a haven for sequels but there are games that aren't.

OH SNAPSZORS! LOCO ROCO PWNED ME!!!!!

p.s. If any PSP fanboy calls the DS kiddy im going to stick a big fat LOCO ROCO in their face.

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="KingOfTaco"]

The ENTIRE library? So if I gave a game a 10, and then 15 games 9.9's, am I supposed to believe that the 10 game is better than 15 9.9's put together? By your logic I'm supposed to.

If I went by YOUR scores, then yes. However, if I gave one game 10, and the rest 4-5's, I'd see the 10 as being amuch more worthwhile cause. QUALITY, not QUANTITY.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ranger_waha

[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"]Stop being a video game nazi all he said was that we're all allowed to have an opinion, a much more informed argument than your's.KingOfTaco

Where's the informed argument?

Opinion=allowed See above for informed argument.