Tekken 7 Loke Tests October 4th - 5th scheduled for Japan.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

currentlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By currentlemon
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

A Location Test for Tekken 7 will be held on October the 4th and 5th in Japan. It will include streaming at specific times. I will provide the link to a site with the streams. (Its Nico Nico video I can't post it here).

Credit goes to Shoryuken.com and Avoiding the Puddle for all information.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/10/02/tekken-7-location-tests-streams-scheduled-for-october-4-5/

Edit: The location tests have started, but streaming won't start until tomorrow.

October 4, Nipponbashi (October 3 – 8:30 PM PDT, 11:30 PM EDT)

October 5, Sugamo (October 4 – 8:30 PM PDT, 11:30 PM EDT)

Note: A Loke Test, or Location Tests, is where Fighting Game developers (Japanese developers) test game-play for their new fighting game at local arcades. Please note that this is just a "TEST."

GAME PLAY, VISUALS, THE AMOUNT OF CHARACTERS, GAME MECHANICS AND BALANCE CHANGES ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL THE RELEASE OF THE GAME.

Edit: First Gameplay video

(These pictures are the best I can find. Sorry if some are too big or too small).

There are 2 new characters in Tekken 7

• Claudio and Katalina

Playable Characters

Kazuya, Heihachi, Claudio, Katalia, Lars, Alisa, Asuka Kazama, Lili, Marshall Law, Paul Phoenix, Feng Wei, Ling Xiaoyu, Leo, Hwoarang, Brian Fury, Steve Fox, Dragonov, King.

New Mechanics

• Rage Art
  • Rage Arts allow you to dish out huge attacks when your character’s health reaches a critical point.
  • Power Crush
  • Power Crushes are universal moves that blow through your opponent’s offense, though you will still take damage from the attack.

More information will come in when the Location Tests start. I will update with balance changes, new game mechanics, etc. I'll update when the time comes.

Current gameplay/mechanical changes

• The camera in Tekken 7 is a bit more zoomed out from the characters, compared to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

• Bounds still exist in this game, but there are many attacks that used to bound in TTT2 that no longer do.

• Alisa's B+3+4,3+4 no longer bounds, but her u/f+4,4 still does.

• Kazuya has a new attack for b+4 in Tekken 7. The new attack apparently looks like Devil Jin's b+4. Kazuya's f+4 no longer bounds.

• More hit sparks appear on screen when you score a counter-hit, making them more recognizable.

• Xiaoyu's hair is longer.

• The game clock is set to 60 seconds at the start of a round

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

This would be sweet news if this means they finally trimmed that bloated roster.

currentlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By currentlemon

It looks like there are videos of the Location Tests already. It seems it started but streaming won't begin until the weekend.

Loading Video...

There are also some game play mechanics have be posted.

• The camera in Tekken 7 is a bit more zoomed out from the characters, compared to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

• Bounds still exist in this game, but there are many attacks that used to bound in TTT2 that no longer do.

• Alisa's B+3+4,3+4 no longer bounds, but her u/f+4,4 still does.

• Kazuya has a new attack for b+4 in Tekken 7. The new attack apparently looks like Devil Jin's b+4. Kazuya's f+4 no longer bounds.

• More hit sparks appear on screen when you score a counter-hit, making them more recognizable.

• Xiaoyu's hair is longer.

currentlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 currentlemon

@Boddicker:

There are rumors that the roster will be toned down. There were around 50 characters in TTT2. In Tekken 7, there will be around 20 to 30 characters. It's just a rumor, but it's highly possible.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@currentlemon said:

@Boddicker:

There are rumors that the roster will be toned down. There were around 50 characters in TTT2. In Tekken 7, there will be around 20 to 30 characters. It's just a rumor, but it's highly possible.

Good news if true. The roster had become waaaaay too bloated and all the similar movesets that entails.

If it's not cross gen I may actually buy it even though my internet sucks and I have noone to play it with.

When I used to live in IL there were several small groups of us that played T3 on the PS1 at random people's houses. We were united by nothing more than a love of Tekken. Times have changed since the late 90's.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yeah.... Still aint got nothing on Dead or Alive.... But atleast itts coming to PC.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Yeah.... Still aint got nothing on Dead or Alive.... But atleast itts coming to PC.

The only thing better about DOA is that the girls have bigger boobs.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Lol Tekken, I couldn't ever bring myself to play it ever again. This series is way past its prime, however I used to love it, especially Tekken 3.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Lol Tekken, I couldn't ever bring myself to play it ever again. This series is way past its prime, however I used to love it, especially Tekken 3.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@SonySoldier-_-

DoA is a fantastic game for many reasons but the one thing that puts it on top of Fighting Games, yes even better than 2D Fighting Games, is the Emphasis on Counter mechanics, it creates a deeper metagame than most fighting games out there.

Whats more is I discovered this by accident.... I got DoA strictly for the BOOBS ! I had no Idea there was more to it, infact I believe thats the game's biggest flaw.... Nobody knows about it !

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

The only thing better about DOA is that the girls have bigger boobs.

You're abit late..DOA stopped being just about boobs in the 3rd installment.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@Boddicker said:

Good news if true. The roster had become waaaaay too bloated and all the similar movesets that entails.

If it's not cross gen I may actually buy it even though my internet sucks and I have noone to play it with.

When I used to live in IL there were several small groups of us that played T3 on the PS1 at random people's houses. We were united by nothing more than a love of Tekken. Times have changed since the late 90's.

It won't be cross-gen. The rumoured arcade system board, Namco System 478, is reportedly based on PS4. The only ports announced are for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. Also, it runs on Unreal Engine 4, which doesn't support last-gen consoles.

@lawlessx said:

You're abit late..DOA stopped being just about boobs in the 3rd installment.

DOA2 was also a great game. DOA was never just about the boobs to begin with, but the boobs are simply there for marketing purposes.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

We've heard this same crap narrative for years. Truth is, even after Tekken 3, Tekken is still the most successful 3d fighter in the industry now. You couldn't pay me to go back to T3, the gameplay is far more refined today.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Bleh, Tekken is boring now. Other fighting series are way more fun. In my opinion, Mortal Kombat currently has the crown (not counting Smash Bros.).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@Litchie

What ? :o

in an industry full of awesome fighting games you settled for Mortal Kombat ? :o

for shame !

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't think Tekken is the best. I lost interest after Tekken 3. The strange thing is that is wasn't the gameplay that turned me away. Tekken always had this edgy, groovy style to it. The music was always top notch. This started going downhill after 3 IMO.

Virtua Fighter 5 is the best fighter on the market.

I'd like to see capcom take a different visual direction with Street fighter 5.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@Heirren

Perhaps they could even go 3D.....

Ever since Capcom and Namco anounced the Street Fighter and Tekken Crossover I've been thinking what a 3D Fighting game with Projectiles would be like, Dragon Ball and Naruto gave me some perspective on this but it was too shallow......

After Both DoA and Tekken have characters with Super Human abilities like, lol like The Ninjas. I was wondering what afftect this would have on a game where 50% of the characters are from from realistic..... Actually I'd like to see this more from Guilt Gear or Smash than I would from Street Fighter.... Its alot more Assymetrical.

currentlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By currentlemon

More Gameplay Footage and character select screen

Loading Video...
Loading Video...