SYSTEM WARS MONTHLY July Issue (Post E3 Aftermath, SW: The Comic, GS Wide)

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts
Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

subrosian

They weren't in the script.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Willy105

I think GS Wide should be even wider. One that fits my 1920x1200 monitor natively would be awesome!noswear

That is WAY too wide.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts
Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

subrosian

He's the lemming, of course. :lol::P

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

Willy105

Then you're ignoring that the hermits also argued against these rules, and that the only "hermits" arguing for them were mods :|

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

Tsug_Ze_Wind

CaseyWegner is far more of a hermit than a lemming.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Willy105
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="subrosian"]Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

subrosian

Then you're ignoring that the hermits also argued against these rules, and that the only "hermits" arguing for them were mods :|

Tsug_Ze_Wind

The animals aren't supposed to be any real person. The only time I used real people was on The Game, and that was because they wanted to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="subrosian"]Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

Willy105

Tsug_Ze_Wind

The animals aren't supposed to be any real person. The only time I used real people was on The Game, and that was because they wanted to.

yeah, i can see where your coming from not using any names and leaving it to imagination. avoids any potential issues with other users.

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

[QUOTE="noswear"]I think GS Wide should be even wider. One that fits my 1920x1200 monitor natively would be awesome!Willy105

That is WAY too wide.

I need something to justify the purchase! :cry:

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Willy105
[QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="noswear"]I think GS Wide should be even wider. One that fits my 1920x1200 monitor natively would be awesome!noswear

That is WAY too wide.

Ummm...videogames?

You can also use a zoom function if your browser supports it! Makes everything bigger!

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
[QUOTE="noswear"][QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="noswear"]I think GS Wide should be even wider. One that fits my 1920x1200 monitor natively would be awesome!Willy105

That is WAY too wide.

Ummm...videogames?

You can also use a zoom function if your browser supports it! Makes everything bigger!

Yeah, well, World in Conflict does look kind of uber on it. :D

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

Willy, I would like to thank you for making System Wars the game.

Other then getting stuck in places(your party blocked you), it was flawless. It was also hilarious too!

It was one of the best free rpgs I ever played. Thank you Willy!

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

I have an idea.

Why don't you seek out people that have played the months biggest game(s) (Bioshockowns usually buys 3 a month). Advertise the fact that you are seeking reviews for a particular game to lure in potential reviewers. You could perhaps have more than one reviewer, post three different reviews and make an average (Eurogamer did this with Forza 2, they got a hardcore sim fan to review it and a casual racing fan to review it, in this case, get a lemming and a sheep to review a game). For next issue, you could have a STALKER review or a SCIV review from SW posters, perhaps you could even get a LBP review by SpruceCaboose when it releases? Or a Left 4 Dead review by me :o?

This way, you get easy articles without asking a posters dedication (the idea of writing an article a month is daunting). What do you think?

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="subrosian"]Is the hermit in the comic supposed to be SoulReaverCross or CaseyWegner? Also - where is the drawing of the manticore who argued for your freedoms :P

subrosian

Tsug_Ze_Wind

2002-2004 era posters always joke about CaseyW being a bit of a Lemming, rerember the "history of System Wars" thread and Casey deleted the part that identified him as a Lemming :P? That's what Tsug is refering to, I think.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

awesome stuff

love the comic!

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Fantastic work as always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

I have an idea.

Why don't you seek out people that have played the months biggest game(s) (Bioshockowns usually buys 3 a month). Advertise the fact that you are seeking reviews for a particular game to lure in potential reviewers. You could perhaps have more than one reviewer, post three different reviews and make an average (Eurogamer did this with Forza 2, they got a hardcore sim fan to review it and a casual racing fan to review it, in this case, get a lemming and a sheep to review a game). For next issue, you could have a STALKER review or a SCIV review from SW posters, perhaps you could even get a LBP review by SpruceCaboose when it releases? Or a Left 4 Dead review by me :o?

This way, you get easy articles without asking a posters dedication (the idea of writing an article a month is daunting). What do you think?

gingerdivid

OH MY GAWD

what a great idea

take a look at the last post of the last page willy...

the next big thing for this mag could be rewiew wars!

where two people from two of the fanboy fractions will rewiew a game and have different thoughts, or hell just the game rewiews from a couple of people so that all the platforms are covered.

darkspineslayer

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

If you take gingerdivids advice about the reviews, I would love to write some, I plan on getting Resistance 2, Red Alert 3, Left 4 Dead on launch.

monkeyboss1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 monkeyboss1
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
hey where can i download this system wars game?
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

hey where can i download this system wars game?monkeyboss1

see below

You can download the game over at Gamespot Games. Willy105

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

I have an idea.

darkspineslayer

OH MY GAWD

what a great idea

where two people from two of the fanboy fractions will rewiew a game and have different thoughts, or hell just the game rewiews from a couple of people so that all the platforms are covered.

darkspineslayer

At least I suggested a method and you said nothing about the idea of one off reviews :)

--

When I say advertising, you could just literally put a message in your sig *Post a SCIV review in SW Monthly!* with perhaps a link to a user created board where you can monitor the requests?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

I have an idea.

gingerdivid

OH MY GAWD

what a great idea

darkspineslayer

At least I suggested a method and you said nothing about the idea of one off reviews :)

--

When I say advertising, you could just literally put a message in your sig *Post a SCIV review in SW Monthly!* with perhaps a link to a user created board where you can monitor the requests?

oh diden't i? ;)

i already have sent in a soulcalibur 4 rewiew for next issue...one off rewiew for now anyways...so wheres your messia now?

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

I have an idea.

darkspineslayer

OH MY GAWD

what a great idea

darkspineslayer

--

oh diden't i? ;)

i already have sent in a soulcalibur 4 rewiew for next issue...one off rewiew for now anyways...so wheres your messia now?

That's cheating, this is strictly about semantics in the posts, not what you go off and do afterwards. ^ ^

--

Expanding on the "one off idea", perhaps it could be the same for articles? Perhaps short, recorded web podcast would be a step forward, where the staff and others discuss big games and news monthly? I know that the GUFU do podcasts.

There's plenty of things you can do. I personally think that you should get Kevin Van Ord to review SW the game, you've already interviewed him, that seems like a logical step forward. :)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Willy105

I agree with the reviews.

Send me your reviews, anyone that wants to make them that has played the game long enough to have an educated view on it, on a PM, and I will give you the invitations to our big secret union!

Have your opinions up in lights!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Willy105

Willy, I would like to thank you for making System Wars the game.

Other then getting stuck in places(your party blocked you), it was flawless. It was also hilarious too!

It was one of the best free rpgs I ever played. Thank you Willy!

lettuceman44

You are welcome! Good to know the ten months I spent making it didn't go in vain!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Willy105

There's plenty of things you can do. I personally think that you should get Kevin Van Ord to review SW the game, you've already interviewed him, that seems like a logical step forward. :)

gingerdivid

We were thinking on doing the same thing, but we kept backing out for many reasons, mostly for embarrasement. But if enough people think the game is decent enough, maybe we could tell Kevin the game is worthy of a small exclusive review for the mag!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

Willy105

We were thinking on doing the same thing, but we kept backing out for many reasons, mostly for embarrasement. But if enough people think the game is decent enough, maybe we could tell Kevin the game is worthy of a small exclusive review for the mag!

just go for it...whats the worst that could happen?

if you don't want to...it woulden't be as good, but i could rewiew it...months down the road when i finaly get admin privliges on my computor :cry:

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

Willy105

The game is awesome! You gotta ask Kevin to review it.

If not, I'll replay it and review it myself. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

lettuceman44

holy crap...willy's got a freaking rewiew team lined up :o

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

darkspineslayer

holy crap...willy's got a freaking rewiew team lined up :o

:lol:

He has his own fanbase.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Willy105
Excellent. I'll go ask Kevin. Musn't dissapoint the fans!
zomgwtfbbqlol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 zomgwtfbbqlol1
Member since 2008 • 1226 Posts
The comic was the best part :lol:rybe1025
agreed, as a hermit i believe that this thread is in violation of TOS and i am extremely offended by this insult towards my kind.... haha...good job leave it to Willy... keep it up!
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Great comic.

Question for SW game players: I just started today and played for a bit (it's great so far) and I'm up to the part where you add the 'annoying' Animorsfan (not verbatim) to your party, then you go talk to that king, and then animorsfan pops out and says something about going to meet some guys next to a blue house... where the hell do you go after that? I searched the whole town and found nothing.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
The wider looks much better. But ill just stick to normal untill it offically releases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Great comic.

Question for SW game players: I just started today and played for a bit (it's great so far) and I'm up to the part where you add the 'annoying' Animorsfan (not verbatim) to your party, then you go talk to that king, and then animorsfan pops out and says something about going to meet some guys next to a blue house... where the hell do you go after that? I searched the whole town and found nothing.

the-very-best

i was wondering the same thing, i got stuck there too

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Willy105
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Great comic.

darkspineslayer

Check the whole town for a house with a blue roof, the biggest one is the one.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Great comic.

Willy105

Check the whole town for a house with a blue roof, the biggest one is the one.

For a more detailed explanation

[spoiler] The blue house is south(maybe even the southermost area, on the right and you enter from the side. [/spoiler]

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
Cool, thanks for the tips. I found it, I'm up to the part where you meet [spoiler] Gingerdivid [/spoiler] lol, good stuff.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

Oh crap how did I forget SW the game.... I got to that part in the early version where when you got to that one part the game was slow for the rest of the game glitch, and was too lazy to redownload it.

downloading now.

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
E3 was boring, SW: The Comic :lol: , and GS Wide looks neat...
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Willy105

Oh crap how did I forget SW the game.... I got to that part in the early version where when you got to that one part the game was slow for the rest of the game glitch, and was too lazy to redownload it.

downloading now.

tman93
Thankfully, that glitch is not in the final version. Right?
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lettuceman44
[QUOTE="tman93"]

downloading now.

Willy105

Yea, I didn't run into anything.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Willy105
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="tman93"]

downloading now.

lettuceman44

Yea, I didn't run into anything.

Excellent. Have fun!
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts
The manticoren (yes thats the correct plural) should be represented by a scorpion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

The manticoren (yes thats the correct plural) should be represented by a scorpion.verbtex

apparently a manticore is some sort of duck/beaver thing, or at least says SW the game.

though a scorpion would be sheer win :P

Avatar image for butcrackofdeath
butcrackofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 butcrackofdeath
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="verbtex"]The manticoren (yes thats the correct plural) should be represented by a scorpion.darkspineslayer

apparently a manticore is some sort of duck/beaver thing, or at least says SW the game.

though a scorpion would be sheer win :P

It should be a giant flame-spewing octopus with wings and a belly button ring.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lettuceman44
There should be a System Wars MMO with a pvp system allowing you to gain and lose territory :P
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Willy105

I designed the manticore to be a Platypus:

It's part amphibian, part mammal, and part Kangaroo like. In other words, a mammal that lays eggs and keeps them in his pouch.

Because it's a mix of different species, I thought it would be a good contender for Manticore.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Willy105

There should be a System Wars MMO with a pvp system allowing you to gain and lose territory :Plettuceman44

Expensive.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lettuceman44

[QUOTE="lettuceman44"]There should be a System Wars MMO with a pvp system allowing you to gain and lose territory :PWilly105

Expensive.

Yea, but imagine how epic it would be. Herds of sheep fighting cows, lemmings invading hermit territory. Borders changing, massive PVP battles. :P