System Wars Lounge v49: Games Are Actually Coming Out!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1151  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Mom has pancreatic cancer, has 3-6 months to live.

Shit man. I know the damage that cancer can do. Sorry to hear about that man.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1152 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

wii u is dealt with low standards?

Stop, this has always been a logical fallacy for dimwits who couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1153 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts

I see that the contra code was brought back. Those that don't know it.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Enter

Inputting that on your keyboard (if you are fast enough), should take you to the Contra cheats page on here.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1154  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

Mafia 2 is great

Y'know what? It actually wasn't that bad.

It doesn't come anywhere close to touching the first but I can think of worst open world games. The way some of the missions played out were also pretty cool, Like that hit in the skyscraper.

Overall it was unrefined but it had some entertainment value.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1155 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

wii u is dealt with low standards?

Stop, this has always been a logical fallacy for dimwits who couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

He's talking about graphics yo.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#1157 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Just accepted a new job. Slowly, the 2013/2014 year of crap is coming to an end.

All I need now is some time to read and play games and I'll be set. :p

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1158  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Blabadon said:

@jg4xchamp said:

He's talking about graphics yo.

And it's a logical fallacy on many levels

"if those exact same graphics:"...why would they make a game of similar technical performance with more horse power? It would be by default more up to snuff with that platforms visuals. More importantly it ignores that most games visually get judged on consistency, aesthetic desicions and shit like that, and all that jazz. Rarely is someone going full digital foundry in the review and giving you a pixel by pixel description of the visual design.

Its conjecture, it ignores logic, it doesn't take into account context. For instance Ocarina was reviewed in an era of when it was judged via platform and in sub categories, so they can do a game by parts....they stopped doing that type of review since what 07?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1160 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Zassimick said:

Just accepted a new job. Slowly, the 2013/2014 year of crap is coming to an end.

All I need now is some time to read and play games and I'll be set. :p

high five!!

Just got a new job myself :P, dunno how it's gonna work when I take classes again though, cause I'll be working 10pm-7am and my classes are usually 6pm-8pm or 9pm

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1161 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

You could port Bayonetta 2 as-is to the PS4/XB1, 720p's and all. Wouldn't take away from the fact that it'd still look batshit crazy. It's an example of strong artistic direction combined with technical competence. It's the most you could ever ask for from a game in terms of visuals and it's something I wish more developers would deliver. And besides, since developers are already cutting back on our ever-so-precious p's (and in Ubisoft's case, our actually precious frames) that we were promised by so many at the start of this gen, we shouldn't care about another 180p's that Nintendo and Platinum didn't promise.

On a related note: The Evil Within: Not so technically competent even on PS4/XB1. Would like to believe it's Bethesda/ZeniMax's fault, not Tango's (Need to take a closer look at the credits, but I recall Bethesda's being 10x as long). Either way, game shouldn't have been sent out like this.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1162 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Are the sniper clones finally gone?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#1164  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

Good on 'ya, that's bad ass, er... Bad Zass :P

Awwwwww yeeeeeaaaaaaahhh!!!! Thank ya!

@Ballroompirate said:

high five!! Just got a new job myself :P, dunno how it's gonna work when I take classes again though, cause I'll be working 10pm-7am and my classes are usually 6pm-8pm or 9pm

Glad to hear you got a job too! Although that sounds just dreadful. :P Good luck to you with those hours; we'll miss you on System Wars. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1165 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@snicione said:
hello sugar pie honey bun. do you know SNIPER? hardcore badass who only PC games. he is out of this world amazing. i mean literally out of this world. he is from mars. he build headquarters and everything for every manly man epart of SNIPERISM. woot woot woot SNIPER

I know of SNIPER, yes. Due to his ban, he's had to send clones like you as messengers. Unfortunately, the messages so far have been nothing but unsubstantiated drivel with poor delivery and numerous grammitical/spelling errors. I'd like to believe he actually has something to say but that keeps getting lost in transition, so do me a favor and tell him to get some quality control so his clones can do their job properly.

If you fail at this, please kill yourself.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1166 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@Technoweirdo said:
@snicione said:
hello sugar pie honey bun. do you know SNIPER? hardcore badass who only PC games. he is out of this world amazing. i mean literally out of this world. he is from mars. he build headquarters and everything for every manly man epart of SNIPERISM. woot woot woot SNIPER

I know of SNIPER, yes. Due to his ban, he's had to send clones like you as messengers. Unfortunately, the messages so far have been nothing but unsubstantiated drivel with poor delivery and numerous grammitical/spelling errors. I'd like to believe he actually has something to say but that keeps getting lost in transition, so do me a favor and tell him to get some quality control so his clones can do their job properly.

If you fail at this, please kill yourself.

Those sniper clones were getting irritating.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1167 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1168  Edited By jg4xchamp

I told the mrs. this is what she's like on a lousy day, and she was all "that's not funny"....I don't understand when honesty was supposed to be funny?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1170 jg4xchamp

@Technoweirdo said:

You could port Bayonetta 2 as-is to the PS4/XB1, 720p's and all. Wouldn't take away from the fact that it'd still look batshit crazy. It's an example of strong artistic direction combined with technical competence. It's the most you could ever ask for from a game in terms of visuals and it's something I wish more developers would deliver. And besides, since developers are already cutting back on our ever-so-precious p's (and in Ubisoft's case, our actually precious frames) that we were promised by so many at the start of this gen, we shouldn't care about another 180p's that Nintendo and Platinum didn't promise.

On a related note: The Evil Within: Not so technically competent even on PS4/XB1. Would like to believe it's Bethesda/ZeniMax's fault, not Tango's (Need to take a closer look at the credits, but I recall Bethesda's being 10x as long). Either way, game shouldn't have been sent out like this.

I mean it's one part the engine, it's another part black bars are fucking lame, and lets be real mechanically it's not tight enough for a game by Mikami. Like everything surrounding the mechanics is fucking awesome from a gameplay perspective, I'm digging it a lot, them headshots give me a huge ass boner. But like....core shooting never feels as snug as you want it, and it's not in that horror sort of "you aren't meant to be that good with the guns sort of way, because some of the things the game throws at you are clearly you are supposed to be good at this". Like mikami on a bad still gets you Shadows of the Damned, which on a mechanical level is good, very good. It's the composition around those mechanics that never delivers.

This is like a little bit of the opposite lol.

It just never feels like a game where they hit all their marks, where as RE4 like....it defies all logic that they hit every note as well as they did from start to finish. Like the matches as a "crimson head" mechanic, is whatever, but as a shoot them in the knee, and quickly burn one to see if you can get a couple? **** yeah.

Agony Crossbow? shit name, awesome killing machine.

The encounters? a mixture of hey this is that RE 4 part but done in a more tense way somehow...or this is like that part in RE4...except not as good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1171 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Dude. Shit. I am so sorry. :(

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1172 Ballroompirate

@Zassimick: I'm just glad it's a job, specially in this job market. Also nothing is worse than my old job back in 2011 which was 6pm-7:30am.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1173  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Evil Within is one of the funnest games I've played this year, even if it definitely wasn't perfect. Really hoping Tango gets another crack at it but with a better engine and more time to cook. It has potential imo.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1175 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

dude, I'm sorry to hear that.

I lost two family members to cancer this past year. I hope for the best.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1176 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker I'm terribly sorry to hear this.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1177 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Here i am bitching about a damn college football team and william is dealing with some of the most horrible news someone can receive. Im a mamma's boy to the max. I don't know what i would do with this type of news. Hopefully she becomes a miracle story and out lives this prediction. Im sorry to hear this william.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

My condolences, William.

@AznbkdX said:

Evil Within is one of the funnest games I've played this year, even if it definitely wasn't perfect. Really hoping Tango gets another crack at it but with a better engine and more time to cook. It has potential imo.

Tango moneyhatted by Nintendo, delivers second AAAAE this gen. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° This won't happen because ZeniMax owns Tango which makes me sad.

Anyways, game was good, great even up until Ch. 11. There, pretty much all horror was dropped. It was a very strange tonal shift, one that might have been more appreciated were the action beyond that point more than going down long corridors. It's just not interesting visually and it doesn't play as well as previous chapters which did both action and horror better. As such, the game ended on a very sour note for me. I'd still say it's worth it for the first two thirds, but as an overall package, ugh.

And then they have the gall to charge $20 so you can make sense of the story.

@jg4xchamp said:

I mean it's one part the engine, it's another part black bars are fucking lame, and lets be real mechanically it's not tight enough for a game by Mikami. Like everything surrounding the mechanics is fucking awesome from a gameplay perspective, I'm digging it a lot, them headshots give me a huge ass boner. But like....core shooting never feels as snug as you want it, and it's not in that horror sort of "you aren't meant to be that good with the guns sort of way, because some of the things the game throws at you are clearly you are supposed to be good at this". Like mikami on a bad still gets you Shadows of the Damned, which on a mechanical level is good, very good. It's the composition around those mechanics that never delivers.

This is like a little bit of the opposite lol.

It just never feels like a game where they hit all their marks, where as RE4 like....it defies all logic that they hit every note as well as they did from start to finish. Like the matches as a "crimson head" mechanic, is whatever, but as a shoot them in the knee, and quickly burn one to see if you can get a couple? **** yeah.

Agony Crossbow? shit name, awesome killing machine.

The encounters? a mixture of hey this is that RE 4 part but done in a more tense way somehow...or this is like that part in RE4...except not as good.

I'm assuming for Tango's sake that the game was rushed out. The great design of most of the encounters runs counter to the game's performance which is ass most of the time. It's like two different teams were involved (Actually, this is true). As for the shooting, I'd disagree if we're talking mid-range which is most of the time. Seb's a pretty good shot without a laser sight.. Close-range though, things feel...off. The weapon of choice there is underwhelming. For reasons I don't know, there's zoom-in when aiming making the weapon unwieldy. Yes, there's a hip-fire option, but in this game, hip-fire doesn't really mesh with the idea of survival and scant resources. Seb's other close-range options aren't any better.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#1179 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I'm sorry, William. :(

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1180  Edited By AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Sharing something so personal on this worthless fanboy pit isnt a bright thing to do, you have my condolences. I hope you can find inner peace in this difficult time and wish your mother a painless, dignifying death if nothing can be done.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1184 Ballroompirate

@getyeryayasout said:

**** you 'story-line' NFL. If the ball's fumbled under 2:00 it's reviewed, that's your rule. Hawks potentially recover a fumble with 1:05 left and for some reason the ball's given to the Rams and the play isn't reviewed?

...'da ****!?

Yea that's fubard.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1185 Blabadon

@WilliamRLBaker Sincere condolences man. Hope there's only good memories now.

@AgentA-Mi6 said: wish your mother a painless, dignifying death if nothing can be done.

What the actual **** is wrong with you

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1187 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
@kitty said:

Inputting that on your keyboard (if you are fast enough), should take you to the Contra cheats page on here.

Did it! Aww yeah

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1188  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts

@parkurtommo said:
@kitty said:

Did it! Aww yeah

Nice :P

I never used it on the game, but I think it gave you like 30 lives. I beat the game before without having to continue.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#1189 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

lol, Falcons suck again this year. Just lost our fifth offensive linemen today. All I can hope for now is for the coaching staff to be fired.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1190 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Finished a season in MLB The Show 14 Road to the Show mode as a starting pitcher for Miami Marlins

Accomplishments:
W-L: 15-3 (5 SO) - League leader in win% (0.833)
ERA: 1.12 (League leader)
WHIP: 0.63 (League leader)
IP: 241 2/3
Strikeouts: 322 (League leader)
NL MVP (Not Cy Young, too few wins)

Marlins were 1st in defensive (lowest ERA, second most K's, most saves) and 30th in offensive (least HR, least hits, least SB) stats in the league.
I hate this team so much. Seriously. I can't record a win unless I earn less than 2 runs. In fact, one of the shutouts, I doubled twice, with 1 RBI and 1 run for myself after to win 2-0. I had better batting average than any of my teammates in that game. Only Stanton knows how to hit a ball.
And even if I shut them out for 8 innings, this closer always blows in my game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1191 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@kitty said:

Confirmed.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1192  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

That's just awful. I'm sorry to read that today. I wish you the best.

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Sharing something so personal on this worthless fanboy pit isnt a bright thing to do, you have my condolences. I hope you can find inner peace in this difficult time and wish your mother a painless, dignifying death if nothing can be done.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1193  Edited By Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@commonfate said:

Are the sniper clones finally gone?

Nope. :P Came back and saw I had 6 new notifications, and 2 of them were from what looks to be another sniper clone called -JRPGlol--

And @WilliamRLBaker Ouch, I am sorry to hear that as well. :(

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#1194  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Pretty devastating to hear that. Hope she enjoys her time she has left to the fullest.

I don't know what I would do if I lost someone I care about. Probably hit rock-bottom and end it all.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1195  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Blabadon said:

@AgentA-Mi6 said: wish your mother a painless, dignifying death if nothing can be done.

I think you're really reading that the wrong way.

Not to get super into this, but it's not exactly easy on the person with cancer at the end. With the 3-6 months she has, he's hoping it goes smoothly as opposed to her suffering. It sounds cruel, but it really isn't man. That's the nature of the beast.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1196 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Devastating news man, hoping for the best for you and your family and others have said as little pain for you mom as possible.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1197 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@jg4xchamp said:

@Blabadon said:

I think you're really reading that the wrong way.

Not to get super into this, but it's not exactly easy on the person with cancer at the end. With the 3-6 months she has, he's hoping it goes smoothly as opposed to her suffering. It sounds cruel, but it really isn't man. That's the nature of the beast.

When my grandmother passed the cancer had gone into her bone marrow and you and Agent can't be more right. Fucking tough even writing about it now.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1198 Blabadon

@jg4xchamp: I understand what he meant, it's Agent. I put context behind the stupid nonsense he usually mentions.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1199 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Every thread I make on this forum gets locked :(

I was invited to join the sniper clones. Perhaps my time would be better spent doing that.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1200 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@papatrop said:

Every thread I make on this forum gets locked :(

I was invited to join the sniper clones. Perhaps my time would be better spent doing that.

Or make better threads? :P