System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1551 Posted by kitty (114912 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:
@kitty said:

oh yeah, well I... I... have this :(

0_____0

Looks as if the GPU is dying. :P

lol =P
Once I get my displayport in the mail it might, did you see the new add on at the end of my sig? :P

#1552 Posted by kitty (114912 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Funny, I have this program called Flux that turns down screen brightness at night, and the snipping tool used the dimmed values, while using prntscreen didn't (so it's darker and has more contrast).

I like flux, but flux causes problems in the amd catalyst when I'm trying to bother with crossfire stuff. =p

#1553 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@kitty said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@kitty said:

oh yeah, well I... I... have this :(

0_____0

Looks as if the GPU is dying. :P

lol =P

Once I get my displayport in the mail it might, did you see the new add on at the end of my sig? :P

Awesome! Congrats! :D I'll be waiting for pics. :P

#1555 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Hey, you guys know the intro to BF4 right? The one with the lame music and the flashback that was the demo they showed for the game 99% of time?

So, I installed the "Free" version of BF4 from Origin. Started playing just some minutes ago, looks nice and all. Guess what? In your very first shooting section, in which you're supposed to shoot form the windows into the streets, the game bugges and made the empty windows act like solid walls. Seriously, wtf. In less than 5 minutes the game glitched XD

The hell DICE!? Sweet Jebus....

lol, I ran into one bug during the whole campaign. It was towards the end of the game, I got stuck after a cutscene and I had to restart the level.

#1557 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9701 posts) -

Did they change the formatting of the way posts show up on this site?

#1558 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -
@Demonjoe93 said:

Did they change the formatting of the way posts show up on this site?

There's been a lot of small changes today, I made a list here.

#1559 Posted by kitty (114912 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

Awesome! Congrats! :D I'll be waiting for pics. :P

I just took some quick ones. lol, you'll get to see whats holding my left monitor up, I believe its a 22in and the others are 24, so that was kinda annoying. :P

http://i.imgur.com/UXkSTlk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kU2sQ2B.jpg

#1560 Posted by parkurtommo (27516 posts) -

@kitty said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Awesome! Congrats! :D I'll be waiting for pics. :P

I just took some quick ones. lol, you'll get to see whats holding my left monitor up, I believe its a 22in and the others are 24, so that was kinda annoying. :P

http://i.imgur.com/UXkSTlk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kU2sQ2B.jpg

I'm jelly :(

#1561 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@kitty said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Awesome! Congrats! :D I'll be waiting for pics. :P

I just took some quick ones. lol, you'll get to see whats holding my left monitor up, I believe its a 22in and the others are 24, so that was kinda annoying. :P

http://i.imgur.com/UXkSTlk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kU2sQ2B.jpg

It's funny how each monitor is a completely different model. :D Looks really cool though, and size difference isn't that visible.

#1562 Posted by kitty (114912 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@kitty said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Awesome! Congrats! :D I'll be waiting for pics. :P

I just took some quick ones. lol, you'll get to see whats holding my left monitor up, I believe its a 22in and the others are 24, so that was kinda annoying. :P

http://i.imgur.com/UXkSTlk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kU2sQ2B.jpg

I'm jelly :(

I would give you a monitor if I could :( I have two extras

#1563 Posted by kitty (114912 posts) -
@harry_james_pot said:

It's funny how each monitor is a completely different model. :D Looks really cool though, and size difference isn't that visible.

Yeah, I wanted and wished that all of them to be HP2311x's but that would have been too much. They go for $150 + each. The cost of two would equal $300 and I could just get a 1440p monitor with that instead. :P But thanks. :) I got lucky and found a nice deal on craigslist recently, so the dell and acer were only $60 total. I couldn't say no to that, thats the price of a new game here lol.

#1564 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -
@kitty said:
@harry_james_pot said:

It's funny how each monitor is a completely different model. :D Looks really cool though, and size difference isn't that visible.

Yeah, I wanted and wished that all of them to be HP2311x's but that would have been too much. They go for $150 + each. The cost of two would equal $300 and I could just get a 1440p monitor with that instead. :P But thanks. :) I got lucky and found a nice deal on craigslist recently, so the dell and acer were only $60 total. I couldn't say no to that, thats the price of a new game here lol.

That's a great deal.

#1565 Edited by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

Man these new rules in the NFL are ridiculous

#1566 Edited by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

I need to watch Guardians of the Galaxy... My bro dipped last night, so I chilled with my girl who is a friend...

#1567 Posted by lostrib (40135 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I need to watch Guardians of the Galaxy... My bro dipped last night, so I chilled with my girl who is a friend...

Girl from work?

#1568 Edited by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

I need to watch Guardians of the Galaxy... My bro dipped last night, so I chilled with my girl who is a friend...

Girl from work?

Yup yup. Classic Big Bang reference.

I'm not watching the movie until next week... Suuuuucks!

#1569 Posted by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

@lundy86_4: It's a awesome movie

#1570 Posted by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4: It's a awesome movie

That's what I hear. Can't wait for it... Even though i've never read the comics.

#1571 Edited by parkurtommo (27516 posts) -

Hnng I've been searching for a song for the past hour ;_;

It was on MTV Rock or rocks or whatever (UK/europe only channel I believe) and was constantly featured in top 10 lists n shit in 2010 or 2011 or something, had lots of snow, high pitched female voice, rock with some sort of electronic intrumental.. I will not give up ;_;

I've usually only listen to Deep house, progressive trance, progressive house, vocal trance but today (or tonight rather) I've decided to take a look in to recent rock genres.

EDIT: Found it, fuck yeah.

DOUBLE EDIT: There also isn't any snow in it either. lel

#1572 Edited by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

#1573 Edited by lostrib (40135 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yeah it seems like it. Everything is scrunched to one side

#1574 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

#1575 Edited by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

Uh it looked like this and not the stupid way it is now

#1576 Posted by parkurtommo (27516 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

Uh it looked like this and not the stupid way it is now

The feels, the memories ;_;

#1577 Edited by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

Uh it looked like this and not the stupid way it is now

In the pic you posted the text is aligned to the left. Yesterday it was centered, and now it's aligned to the left again. So what exactly looks stupid now?

#1578 Posted by commonfate (12618 posts) -

Got into some pathfinder for the first time. Had a lot of fun one-shotting everything with my dual wielding rogue while all my party members continuously missed.

#1579 Edited by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

Uh it looked like this and not the stupid way it is now

In the pic you posted the text is aligned to the left. Yesterday it was centered, and now it's aligned to the left again. So what exactly looks stupid now?

#1580 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

Uh it looked like this and not the stupid way it is now

In the pic you posted the text is aligned to the left. Yesterday it was centered, and now it's aligned to the left again. So what exactly looks stupid now?

Well if I'm missing something how about you point it out instead of posting gifs...

#1581 Posted by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

@parkurtommo: I know I saw that and was like "the feels!"

#1582 Posted by getyeryayasout (7970 posts) -

I'm not taking jabs here but, is it me, or do GS's staff cuts conveniently keep the "talent" (people who end up in front of the camera) that tend to present themselves better and are perhaps a bit easier on the eyes? Am I being too cynical?

#1583 Posted by Elpresador-911 (326 posts) -

Jesus christ GS forums are terrible to browse on mobile

#1584 Posted by illmatic87 (15371 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Funny, I have this program called Flux that turns down screen brightness at night, and the snipping tool used the dimmed values, while using prntscreen didn't (so it's darker and has more contrast).

I love Flux. It's literally a life changer.

But it's very erratic in how things capture the colours. Just disable for an hour if you need to capture something just to make sure.

#1585 Posted by parkurtommo (27516 posts) -

Don't listen to Ballroompirate, Harry, he's not quite right in the head :(

There's clearly nothing stupid about the current interface!

#1586 Posted by parkurtommo (27516 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Funny, I have this program called Flux that turns down screen brightness at night, and the snipping tool used the dimmed values, while using prntscreen didn't (so it's darker and has more contrast).

I love Flux. It's literally a life changer.

But it's very erratic in how things capture the colours. Just disable for an hour if you need to capture something just to make sure.

Yeah the only downside of Flux for me is that I have to disable it when I'm doing a digital painting. And you can't edit the times at which it will decrease the brightness without changing your location. But it's cool. Really makes it easier to fall asleep after some time on my PC.

#1587 Posted by Gue1 (10728 posts) -

megan fox is the protagonist of the TMNT movie while the turtles are mere supporting characters just like in Transformers. This was horrible. I expected the movie to be a piece of shit but it would be an insult to the piece of shit. 0/10

#1588 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Don't listen to Ballroompirate, Harry, he's not quite right in the head :(

There's clearly nothing stupid about the current interface!

He was complaining about the post number not being centered anymore. And when I pointed out it wasn't in the old site, he somehow tried to counter this by posting a pic that proves I'm right? He isn't making any sense.. :/

#1589 Posted by parkurtommo (27516 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

@parkurtommo said:

Don't listen to Ballroompirate, Harry, he's not quite right in the head :(

There's clearly nothing stupid about the current interface!

He was complaining about the post number not being centered anymore. And when I pointed out it wasn't in the old site, he somehow tried to counter this by posting a pic that proves I'm right? He isn't making any sense.. :/

You're being too literal lol. The point of his post was to look back at what GS used to be and what it is now, regardless if the letters are centered or not.

#1590 Edited by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@parkurtommo said:

Don't listen to Ballroompirate, Harry, he's not quite right in the head :(

There's clearly nothing stupid about the current interface!

He was complaining about the post number not being centered anymore. And when I pointed out it wasn't in the old site, he somehow tried to counter this by posting a pic that proves I'm right? He isn't making any sense.. :/

You're being too literal lol. The point of his post was to look back at what GS used to be and what it is now, regardless if the letters are centered or not.

Not really. In the beginning he was comparing it to how it looked yesterday. He mentioned the post position and literally drew an arrow pointing to it :P So that's what I was responding to, just pointing out that if anything it got closer to how it looked in the old site :)

#1591 Edited by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Don't listen to Ballroompirate, Harry, he's not quite right in the head :(

There's clearly nothing stupid about the current interface!

If you think the new layout looks fine, then I don't know what to tell you.

The post count was always right beside the "Posts:" and has always been, example "Posts: 25,000" and it was in a perfect position in the middle and now it looks like a jumble mess.

I mean seriously how can you not think this looks like a jumble mess?? also fyi ether it's a bug or they just changed it within the last 24 hours

#1592 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25996 posts) -

Testing out Hitbox.

http://www.hitbox.tv/legatoskyheart

#1593 Posted by Blabadon (27702 posts) -

32 GB Vita card comes in an hour!

#1594 Edited by Zassimick (6912 posts) -
@commonfate said:

Got into some pathfinder for the first time. Had a lot of fun one-shotting everything with my dual wielding rogue while all my party members continuously missed.

I am so proud of you! ^_^ Was this the start of an entire campaign or just a one-shot to teach you and others the ropes?

@Blabadon said:

32 GB Vita card comes in an hour!

I am jealous. I keep having to shuffle the games on my 8 GB. In the next couple months I may grab myself a 16 GB.

#1595 Posted by Blabadon (27702 posts) -

@Zassimick: Do it, I'm anxiously waiting at my door for it, toiling away my last few minutes with this 8 GB card.

#1596 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Did GS change their layout? cause it's all stupid looking now, pretty sure the post history was sorta in the middle and not all the way to the left

Yep, and it looks great. That's not the only change though, there's a list here.

And regarding the info below the avatar being aligned to the left, that's actually how it used to be in the old site.

Uh it looked like this and not the stupid way it is now

The current site looks better than that.

Fixed!

#1597 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25996 posts) -

Ladyblue,

Why is your name blue, but everything is Pink?

#1598 Posted by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

32 GB Vita card comes in an hour!

So jelly

#1599 Posted by TheGuardian03 (22160 posts) -

You know, i was against it when they first announced that jack bauer is the new snake but after watching the last scene with paz in ground zeroes, i dont think hayter would have worked. I think keifer sutherland fits snake in ground zeroes.

#1600 Posted by Ballroompirate (23478 posts) -

Asked about the new format and a mod said everything is just aligned to the left, whether it was intentional or not he doesn't know :/