System War's Essential 50: PS3 > PC? Get a Clue, System Wars.

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="FIipMode"]Skyrim is the one we should have a problem with. So high with that combat? Whoa.AAllxxjjnn
The overall jank that permeates throughout Skyrim is something that shouldn't be acceptable at all. What excuse do they have? It feel like an amateur effort a lot of the time.

So true. It's a game that's basically held together with duct tape. I have never understood the rabid Bethesda love on this forum and everywhere else. Their games never excel in any way save for how big they are. Everything else blows. Rockstar makes them look like a joke in comparison, as does Obsidian.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Thank you Sony for delivering the goods with the juggernaut PS3. It will be PC/PS4 next gen FTW.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Well I'm happy to see Xenoblade make the list.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You have no idea how hard it was to not edit this list and try to make System War's taste look better than it is.DarkLink77
} Uncharted 2 was a brilliant game in its own right, worthy of a top ten seat but nowhere near the top three.

That's kind of how I feel. Admittedly, I don't think the game is anything more than "good", but I can understand people putting it in the top 10. But number 1? It shocked me. But then, there are lots of Uncharted fans (Cows or otherwise) on System Wars. I was surprised the Halo games didn't do better because Halo is System Wars' favorite shooter.

Gears coming before Halo is a tragedy. x.X

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#106 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You have no idea how hard it was to not edit this list and try to make System War's taste look better than it is.

} Uncharted 2 was a brilliant game in its own right, worthy of a top ten seat but nowhere near the top three.

That's kind of how I feel. Admittedly, I don't think the game is anything more than "good", but I can understand people putting it in the top 10. But number 1? It shocked me. But then, there are lots of Uncharted fans (Cows or otherwise) on System Wars. I was surprised the Halo games didn't do better because Halo is System Wars' favorite shooter.

Halo was divided between 3 and Reach though. Uncharted 3 even though it was quite high didn't steal too many votes from 2. That being said, Uncharted 2 had 332 points which was at least 60-80 more than the next game.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Blabadon
You guys are giving me second thoughts about my $25 Skyrim purchase on Black Friday.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]} Uncharted 2 was a brilliant game in its own right, worthy of a top ten seat but nowhere near the top three.HavocV3

Gears coming before Halo is a tragedy. x.X

Yeah, it kind of is. Gears 1 was a legit amazing game, though.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
You guys are giving me second thoughts about my $25 Skyrim purchase on Black Friday. Blabadon
It worths the $25 for the content alone. Just don't buy it if you expect the combat to be excellent.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]You guys are giving me second thoughts about my $25 Skyrim purchase on Black Friday. Desmonic
Just mod the heck out of it and you'll have fun! :D

I don't have the funds nor the spouse to back up a decent rig. I'm getting it for the PS3 (I know, I know...) only because my 360 conks out too often on me. Perhaps it'll be a mistake, perhaps not.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Part of the list I agree with: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Batman: Arkham City Red Dead Redemption Demon's Souls Halo 3 Portal 2 Portal Wii Sports Team Fortress 2 Dark Souls Grand Theft Auto IV Fallout: New Vegas Mirror's Edge Halo: Reach Mass Effect Bayonetta S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Batman: Arkham Asylum Minecraft -- Part of the list I have not partook in yet: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Valkyria Chronicles Civilization V Fallout 3 Xenoblade Chronicles StarCraft II Crysis Deus Ex: Human Revolution Super Mario Galaxy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- I deleted all those I disagree with. Terrible top-3.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
You guys are giving me second thoughts about my $25 Skyrim purchase on Black Friday. Blabadon
It's not all bad, the world is beautiful to travel through on PC (if you mod it) and some of the questlines are fun. Though, the combat is poor, the digital acting is poor, characters say pointless things at you randomly. It looks like an ocean of vast possibilities at first, but the moment you jump in, you realize it's pretty damn shallow. It's a really awkward game and, to be fair, my tolerance for that **** is low.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Just mod the heck out of it and you'll have fun! :D

I don't have the funds nor the spouse to back up a decent rig. I'm getting it for the PS3 (I know, I know...) only because my 360 conks out too often on me. Perhaps it'll be a mistake, perhaps not.

Oh. Well, can't really say how it's running on the PS3 :S It's up to patch 1.8 and apparently the big issues with the PS3 were supposedly solved either on patch 1.4 or 1.5, but how well it plays now I really couldn't tell you. It's really worth a buy on the PC though. It runs even on mildly weak PC's, so even if you don't mod it at least you wouldn't have such a buggy/problematic experience (compared to the console versions that is).

I think it runs fine on the PS3, otherwise I would have just outright skipped it until my 360 is fixed. My PC is so bad it has to run Halo CE at the lowest settings. Yeah.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#117 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Well I'm happy to see Xenoblade make the list.

Seabas989

Riki happy too!!!

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I don't have the funds nor the spouse to back up a decent rig. I'm getting it for the PS3 (I know, I know...) only because my 360 conks out too often on me. Perhaps it'll be a mistake, perhaps not.

Oh. Well, can't really say how it's running on the PS3 :S It's up to patch 1.8 and apparently the big issues with the PS3 were supposedly solved either on patch 1.4 or 1.5, but how well it plays now I really couldn't tell you. It's really worth a buy on the PC though. It runs even on mildly weak PC's, so even if you don't mod it at least you wouldn't have such a buggy/problematic experience (compared to the console versions that is).

I think it runs fine on the PS3, otherwise I would have just outright skipped it until my 360 is fixed. My PC is so bad it has to run Halo CE at the lowest settings. Yeah.

:| Get a PC made after the year 2000 please.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]My PC is so bad it has to run Halo CE at the lowest settings. Yeah.

My PC crashes when it tries to boot Halo: CE. YEAH. Note to anyone mooching off their parents home computer and thinking about moving out in the near future: get your own rig now, you won't be able to afford one later.
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

Wow... that top 10 is pretty awesome. But shouldn't there be mini tie-breakers for the...ties?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DarkLink77

Wow... that top 10 is pretty awesome. But shouldn't there be mini tie-breakers for the...ties?

TrapJak
Nah. I figure a tie is fine.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I find it disgusting that Battlefield 3 is on that list and higher than say, Civilisation 5.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]You guys are giving me second thoughts about my $25 Skyrim purchase on Black Friday. Desmonic
Just mod the heck out of it and you'll have fun! :D

Speaking of which I'm dling mods for it again (haven't checked out mods for it since Like July).

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Dang i think i missed this pole.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]My PC is so bad it has to run Halo CE at the lowest settings. Yeah.

My PC crashes when it tries to boot Halo: CE. YEAH. Note to anyone mooching off their parents home computer and thinking about moving out in the near future: get your own rig now, you won't be able to afford one later.

Oh wow. Suddenly I feel better about my PC. To anyone who read Zev's post I completely agree - buy a gaming PC sooner than later. I put all that money towards consoles and just don't have the lifestyle to support one right now.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Lol @ Sony drones mass voting Uncharted 2 :roll:StrongDeadlift
Wow why so butthurt?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kuraimen
Microsoft didn't publish Braid at least not on the PS3...
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again, democracy simply doesn't work.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kuraimen

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

They sure as hell buy it, and more importantly PLAY it. :lol:. However, your post has no effect on me because I couldnt give two sh*ts about Gears of war.

Cows never gave a rats ass about Uncharted until Uncharted 2 came out and got all those scores, because they could use it as ammo in the console war. Before U2, the series used to be talked about like generic shovelware, the same way people make fun of Resistance. They cant even tell you 3 things they like about the game without using some marketing buzzword like "cinematic experiance", "production value", etc... Ive never met anybody in real life praise the game like that.

Its ok bro, keep forcing yourself to think Uncharted is good because of the score. I know you dont actually think it for yourself :cool:

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

Blabadon

I just can't do it. I have not been this hyped for a game since MGS4 (an to a lesser extent God of War 3). But a friggin year? Seriously? But hell, possibly the 2 best games of all time are coming out in the same month. (U3 + ME3. Elder Scrolls Skyrim also comes out that month and will definately be up there)

I am also hyped for Bioshock Infinite after watching that 10 minute gameplay demo a few months ago. Game looks amazing, but I swear I read it had a 2012 release date. This is killing me. Still, and I don't care if you think I'm a "fakeboy" or not (because given the circumstances i'm not really saying anything far fetched) but I am 100% convinced that Uncharted 3 will most likely score a 10 here, and be the highest rated game of all time on Gamerankings and Metacritic.

If you still think I'm a "fakeboy" or think what I'm saying is a longshot, go look at Uncharted 2's scores here, and where it's at on GR/MC (it's 6th on GR)

inb4 a 360 fan makes an inevitable "teh GT5 floppity flop" or "you haven't learned from GT5"
even though that is completely irrelevant to Uncharted 3. StrongDeadlift

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27526495/i-do-not-think-i-am-physically-capable-of-waiting-an-entire-year-for-uncharted-3?msg_id=327007471#327007471

lol okay then

Lol owned! what a butthurt fakeboy dumbass
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

I've played 35 out of those.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

I played around 10-15 on that list, I only liked Pokemon and Deus EX HR. I guess that's what I get for renting games I know I will dislike.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 TrapJak

I've said it before and I'll say it again, democracy simply doesn't work.

Slow_Show

Uhh..what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
I'm surprised how well that list came out, pretty much how i'd have it. Perhaps Civ 5 would be a tad higher though it had the advantage of the expansion to sap my time.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Well this list basically defines SW as not having any sort of superior taste to the average hype driven buyer like it claims to. So about expected.

ActicEdge

My thoughts too:P

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Of course PS3 is the best console this gen.This is no surprise to anyone who isn't a silly fanboy.With sales topping 70 million as well,this has been a pretty bad week for lems.LOL

Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

I find it disgusting that Battlefield 3 is on that list and higher than say, Civilisation 5.

OB-47

Yeah, it doesn't look like an 'essential 50'. It looks more like people voted for their favourite blockbuster title. I was pleasantly surprised just to find Civ V on the list.

Too bad I missed the poll. Oh well, it's not like I really care.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#137 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

That list is pretty much spot on.

Good work, guys.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Honestly, not bad, I wouldn't go in that precise order, but whatever. As long as it on the list, I am fine with it. Also good work DarkLink77 and everyone who work on this project.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#139 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I'm pleased that Arkham City, Crysis, Mirror's Edge, and TF2 are so high. I'd probably shuffle things around a bit, but otherwise this is a damn good list.

Another thing: Why are TF2 and Crysis considered "PC exclusives" but not Minecraft?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Blabadon

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Blade8Aus

Yeah, it doesn't look like an 'essential 50'. It looks more like people voted for their favourite blockbuster title. I was pleasantly surprised just to find Civ V on the list.

Too bad I missed the poll. Oh well, it's not like I really care.

Civ V could have easily gone up or down a few spots with a few points here or there.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#141 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I feel really bad for those who missed out on Uncharted.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

No TW2?

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#143 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Lol @ Sony drones mass voting Uncharted 2 :roll:

I wonder how many of them genuinely care or like the game, and how many only praise it because of its use in the console war.

Cows gonna cow :lol:

StrongDeadlift

Not to play the sales game, but Uncharted 2 sold like what, 5-6 million copies? I'm pretty sure that the people who voted for it actually played it.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

I wonder how many of them genuinely care or like the game, and how many only praise it because of its use in the console war.

Lionheart08

Not to play the sales game, but Uncharted 2 sold like what, 5-6 million copies? I'm pretty sure that the people who voted for it actually played it.

He's kind of butt hurt. I played it and its a great game. Not my number one but it certainly deserves to be on the list.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

No TW2?

Cloud567kar
Huh, that is weird considering TW2 won best RPG voted by SW users.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

ActicEdge

He's kind of butt hurt. I played it and its a great game. Not my number one but it certainly deserves to be on the list.

StrongDeadlift was always butthurt, now he's back with even more butthurt.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Cloud567kar"]

No TW2?

BPoole96
Huh, that is weird considering TW2 won best RPG voted by SW users.

I think that was a horrible miscount on my part, I'll be sure to add it.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Makes me sad I didn't vote for Catherine.

A game that actually tried to do something a little different.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Blabadon
HUGE EDIT: The Witcher 2 is tied with Wii Sports with 107 points. I sincerely regret this mistake. Sorry everyone!
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 TrapJak

Games by Platform (Total):

PlayStation 3: 32

Xbox 360: 31

PC: 27

Wii: 6

Games by Platform (Exclusive):

PlayStation 3: 8

Wii: 6

Xbox 360: 4 (6 including Console Exclusives)

PC: 4 (6 including Team Fortress 2 and Crysis)

DarkLink77

Holy cheese, I didn't know the Wii was THAT barren.