Switch or Wii U footage? Zelda BOTW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I personally don't believe the Nintendo switch be underpowered. Nvidia has been itching to get into the console business. The Switch is essentially a show piece for Nvidia.

IS the Zelda footage WiiU footage or Switch footage. If it is the Switch, good enough?

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

The footage from E3 is obviously from the Wii U. And you've posted this thread twice.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Nvidia has already been in the console game. They made the GPU for the original Xbox and the PS3. Switch won't be underpowered compared to other mobile gaming devices just home consoles.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

What they showed on E3 looked like the Wii U version, so either they're planning Switch to be equal to the Wii U in power, like they did with the GameCube and Wii - or we haven't seen the Switch version yet.

I think it's pretty likely the graphics of the Switch wont be much better than Wii U's at all. That's good enough for me, personally, as long as the games delivers.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Switch might get a resolution bump. Idk.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

The Zelda footage is Wii U footage. I'm confident that the Switch is going to look better than that, especially since Nvidia is involved and the fact that third parties like Bethesda are impressed with the console.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

The Switch will not be a powerful console at all and people expecting differently will be disappointed. It will be using ARM Cortex cpu, Wichita is inferior to the already weak Jaguar and the GPU will be laughable compared to the vanilla twins, let alone Pro or Scorpio.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

As long as it has good battery life, i could care less about graphical gimmicks.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

If what was shown was Switch footage then that's bad...

lol :P

Bluudynuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bluudynuckles
Member since 2015 • 157 Posts

Nintendo Switch will be underpowered , just face the facts. 3 generations ago i cant recall who made this statement but what was quoted is that graphics has gotten to the point that we couldnt really tell the difference because we have hit a ceiling.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@bowserjr123 said:

The Zelda footage is Wii U footage. I'm confident that the Switch is going to look better than that, especially since Nvidia is involved and the fact that third parties like Bethesda are impressed with the console.

The switch is a tablet device. It *WILL* be under-powered as a console, possibly (likely?) even weaker than the base Xbox model.

That being said, it should at least be a bit better than the Wii-U. So Wii-U games should look slightly better *IF* they properly optimize them to the Switch hardware. But with a game like Zelda, where Nintendo is probably already doing all it can to ensure stable framerates,most likely the upgrades to Switch will be far more subtle. *MAYBE* if it's locked at 30 fps on Wii-U, it might be able to pull off 60fps on Switch. that's about the largest upgrade i can imagine. I expect the game will otherwise generally look exactly the same. Both might even be limited to 720p.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@gamevet77 said:

I personally don't believe the Nintendo switch be underpowered. Nvidia has been itching to get into the console business. The Switch is essentially a show piece for Nvidia.

IS the Zelda footage WiiU footage or Switch footage. If it is the Switch, good enough?

Tegra Parker isn't as powerful as the XB1, hence its underpowered.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

@2Chalupas said:
@bowserjr123 said:

The switch is a tablet device. It *WILL* be under-powered as a console, possibly (likely?) even weaker than the base Xbox model.

That being said, it should at least be a bit better than the Wii-U. So Wii-U games should look slightly better *IF* they properly optimize them to the Switch hardware. But with a game like Zelda, where Nintendo is probably already doing all it can to ensure stable framerates,most likely the upgrades to Switch will be far more subtle. *MAYBE* if it's locked at 30 fps on Wii-U, it might be able to pull off 60fps on Switch. that's about the largest upgrade i can imagine. I expect the game will otherwise generally look exactly the same. Both might even be limited to 720p.

Oh really, you know it's going to be underpowered? Pull up a source with confirmed specs for the Switch and then we'll talk.