deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

First things first, it's a weak console, the joycons are garbage, the drifting and connection problems are ridiculous and Nintendo doesn't acknowledge them.

All of their games would run and play better on PC.

Then it comes the biggest offender of them all: the games pricing.

No I'm not talking about the new games but the rereleases and remasters/remakes. They cost $60.

$60 for old games, like new super Mario Bros u and donkey Kong TF. $60 for links Awakening, a GB remake that could be made for the 3DS.

What is Nintendo thinking? They don't respect their consumers. They should leave the industry completely or become a third party developer.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

But it's getting Deadly Premonition 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Bro...no just no

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44560 Posts

Oh boy. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

First off NOBODY bought a wiiU so those aren't technically remakes only like 15 million people bought the wiiU so they are very fresh games to people.

Secondly the drifting joy con thing NINTENDO said they are repairing them for free in the USA.

THESE GAMES ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY at 60 bux they can't be beat. Links awakening wouldn't be handled well on the 3DS it would look more blurry and crappy.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16021 Posts

@crabj said:

No I'm not talking about the new games but the rereleases and remasters/remakes. They cost $60.

$60 for old games, like new super Mario Bros u and donkey Kong TF. $60 for links Awakening, a GB remake that could be made for the 3DS.

Agreed with this. Nintendo fans will still buys it due to nintendo 1st party branding though. They are like the most exploited fanbase of all and proud.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9567 Posts

Nice lol.

@freedomfreak said:

But it's getting Deadly Premonition 2.

Why is a sequel even being made

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

How many salty troll threads are people going to make about the Switch before people get sick of them?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@crabj said:

First things first, it's a weak console, the joycons are garbage, the drifting and connection problems are ridiculous and Nintendo doesn't acknowledge them.

What is Nintendo thinking? They don't respect their consumers. They should leave the industry completely or become a third party developer.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

@TheMisterManGuy: We are already sick of them, but hate threads will still be made. Haters will be haters. The same goes for xbox. People bash it every chance they get, but the console is not THAT bad.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17697 Posts

Nintendo’s aware and is offering to fix the Joycon issue for free. They’re also willing to upgrade older model Switches for newer ones (with the better battery life) if the older model has been recently purchased. God knows I’m a large critic of Nintendo in many respects, but that’s about as pro-consumer as you can get.

Agree with you on pricing, but they’ve always charged premium for their software. As long as the market enables it, they’ll continue to do it.

The Switch is a cool concept with quality first party, unfortunately many of the ports on it are lazy half-assed efforts. Not really Nintendo’s fault, that’s more on the publisher/developer but Nintendo could demand a certain bar of quality if they cared. It’s also screaming to be used as a portable retro legacy machine, you couldn’t dream for a better opportunity to leverage their back catalog for massive bank, but in Nintendo’s typical brilliance, they seem not to care about leaving gold on the table. Still, it’s a great platform for Nindies.

TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheMisterManGuy
@MirkoS77 said:

Agree with you on pricing, but they’ve always charged premium for their software. As long as the market enables it, they’ll continue to do it.

In regards to software pricing. Nintendo games stay full price for years because of their business model. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo hardware is primarily a vehicle for the latest Nintendo software. The first party games are designed to be sold throughout the entire generation, It's not better or worse than the model other companies use. It's just different. Besides, it's the secret to how their games are able to stay in the top 20 even years after their release. With most publishers, the heavy price slashing is not done out of the goodness of their heart, it's to clear retail space for the next big title by pushing older games out.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@crabj: Who's alt are you now?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MirkoS77

@TheMisterManGuy said:
@MirkoS77 said:

In regards to software pricing. Nintendo games stay full price for years because of their business model. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo hardware is primarily a vehicle for the latest Nintendo software. The first party games are designed to be sold throughout the entire generation, It's not better or worse than the model other companies use. It's just different. Besides, it's the secret to how their games are able to stay in the top 20 even years after their release. With most publishers, the heavy price slashing is not done out of the goodness of their heart, it's to clear retail space for the next big title by pushing older games out.

I suppose when they're only putting out one iteration of an IP per generation their pricing makes sense, but this doesn't much explain much older games that release that are still higher (usually $10-15) than other versions on other platforms, many of which are the superior versions.There's always a Nintendo premium. Even their older VC prices were pushing it. If you're putting out games seldom comparatively to your competitors, it's little wonder you're still going to be in the top twenty years after release.

TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheMisterManGuy

@MirkoS77: That's on third parties, not Nintendo.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#16 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9741 Posts

At least it has exclusive games, motion controls and you can play it on the go.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

@vfighter: I'm guessing a cow.

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

I have a 10inch win tablet with intel hd620, core m3 7th gen. I can run skyrim in 60fps with mod

Switch still has no way to charge in table top

No voice chat

-No built in mic

-cant plug in SD to new switch

-No Wii bc

-No Bluetooth headset

-No way to deactivate account online

-No charge while playing tabletop

-Friends code

-No browser

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I agree the Switch tax is ****ing dumb, but man do I love playing this console.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

It's a great console. But the prices are indeed awful. So is the online. And I agree that Link's Awakening shouldn't be full price.

A Switch costs 400 bucks where I live. For that, I could get a great processor, motherboard and 16GB RAM for my PC. Or luxurious food for a month. Or a plane ticket.

About the joycon drift issue. I had this, so I bought some electronics cleaner, sprayed some under the stick. The drifting is now completely gone. Totally beats sending it in to Nintendo waiting for weeks to get it back. I highly recommend trying this for people with the drift issue.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VFighter

@pcvirginrace: And yet the Switch is still a WAY better gaming device, go figure lol.

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pcvirginrace

@vfighter: wrong.i can

-emulate wii, gc, psx, n64 etc.

-I can stream ps4 and xbox to my win10.

-I can mod games or play older games people don't have access to anymore.

-I can use mouse keyboard or control.

-I have more ports.Usb a, usb c, sd card, lte.

-I have bluetooth for headset. I can use discord.

-buy games from different store(stesm, epic, gog, etc)

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

seems the direct made some people salty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@vfighter: The switch is terrible, no value there beyond the exclusives and Nintendo is locking them to crappy hardware. They should simply release them on PC where they'd be properly played. And the joycons are one of the shittiest controller I've ever used. I'd rather play Mario Odyssey on kbm.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56426 Posts

@vfighter said:

@crabj: Who's alt are you now?

That's a good question! Let's get to the bottom of this mystery cause for someone claiming to be new, they don't often come to SW and start bitching about Nintendo.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13671 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

First off NOBODY bought a wiiU so those aren't technically remakes only like 15 million people bought the wiiU so they are very fresh games to people.

Secondly the drifting joy con thing NINTENDO said they are repairing them for free in the USA.

THESE GAMES ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY at 60 bux they can't be beat. Links awakening wouldn't be handled well on the 3DS it would look more blurry and crappy.

That doesn't make them new. And it doesn't matter how good the games are. That's not the point. Nintendo always price gouge. Their online store would be amazing but so many games are unreasonably priced.

I do own a Wii U, and I would have bought a ton of games from their online for their various older and handheld systems, but the prices are not reasonable at all.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1278 Posts

Definitely agree on game prices. It's absurd that they're able to get away with charging $60 for 5/6 year old games.

I'll wait til 2023 and some of their games hit Nintendo selects to get one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@ProtossRushX: not an excuse for charging $60 for old games on a crappy system with shitty shitty controllers. Were they on PC, they'd cost less and you could play them properly, the way it should be.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I suppose when they're only putting out one iteration of an IP per generation their pricing makes sense, but this doesn't much explain much older games that release that are still higher (usually $10-15) than other versions on other platforms, many of which are the superior versions.There's always a Nintendo premium. Even their older VC prices were pushing it. If you're putting out games seldom comparatively to your competitors, it's little wonder you're still going to be in the top twenty years after release.

Switch pricing seems a bit different at least in terms of software this go around. A number of first party games seem to have dropped to a permanent lower price point rather quickly after release unlike Wii U which had poor selling games at full price right up until the day the hardware and software were removed from shelves or until final quantity was expelled.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11271 Posts

It's a terrible console... but a great handheld. I'm picking up the Lite when it comes out.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9436 Posts

Not a fan of the Switch design. Feels bad in handheld mode. Too much Nintendo BS around the controls. Everything about it is either a joke or an ergonomic nightmare.

I wish it were a better handheld or a better console, but it's not good at either. Should have been 2 separate products that run the same games (i.e. Switch Lite, and some standalone console box that runs the games better).

Feels bad. It's hard to play Switch games because I just don't want to use their hardware. Oh and the d-pad on the pro controller sucks. It's silly I have to turn to 3rd party hardware to get a good d-pad. Thank you, 8bitdo.

The Nintendo premium pricing is honestly the least of my complaints.

Good software library though. *shrug*

truebond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 truebond
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

I heard that the chip (cpu/gpu) that Nintendo chosen was their best option Nintendo had to achieve an efficient battery life for a viable handheld console while still being a viable home console. Was the Nintendo Switch at launch sold for a profit, loss or did they break even at launch? If the Nintendo Switch sold for a profit, do you think Nintendo should have added 8 GB of main memory instead of 4 GB and would that of made porting games easier and would that have allow it to sustain 1080p Dock and 720p mobile at 60fps since Nintendo couldn't get a better cost effective low power consuming chip (cpu/gpu) at that time to maintain an efficient battery life for viable mobile gaming? I know that the pc has many different settings at different resolutions and that the gap in low-end to high-end hardware for pc's to run games on low settings to high settings is much bigger than Nintendo Switch (low settings) to XBOX ONE and Sony PlayStation 4 (high settings), so why aren't the third party support better when The Witcher 3 will be on the Nintendo Switch?

Loading Video...

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Trash trolling....

@crabj said:

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MirkoS77

@Solaryellow said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Switch pricing seems a bit different at least in terms of software this go around. A number of first party games seem to have dropped to a permanent lower price point rather quickly after release unlike Wii U which had poor selling games at full price right up until the day the hardware and software were removed from shelves or until final quantity was expelled.

Yeah, Wii U's pricing was pretty ridiculous, but then again kind of needed to be. But granted, their pricing has seemingly become more flexible.

They've made some good moves lately, I have to admit, things they didn't have to do. Now I just wish they'd get their VC into order better. I'd throw so much money Nintendo's way if they would allow for their legacy to be bought independently instead of given through a subscription.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@pcvirginrace: How much did it cost though? Including the controller, keyboard, and mouse? And don't say it was used.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@truebond: It was being sold for a profit. That said, the profit margin was relatively small, the max they could possibly get at the time was 6GB of RAM, dev kits need to have more RAM than retail units, and RAM capacity isn't Switch's main bottleneck anyway.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Agreed. Nintendo's pricing is terrible and especially greedy. However, their games run great on their hardware -- you got that wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@shellcase86: 900p is running great? 1080p or higher is the only acceptable resolution here.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9567 Posts

@crabj: I think he meant performance wise, dude.

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pcvirginrace

@techhog89: i got the tablet for 350$ i just used my ps4 and xbox one control and current kb and mouse i already have at no extra cost

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VFighter

@pcvirginrace: And yet the Switch is still a better gaming device. Hope you didnt pay much for that trash tablet lol.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Actually, I bought a WiiU. It’s one of the main reasons why I don’t own a Switch. The WiiU’s library was sparse and first party was mediocre at best. Online was a joke and the control scheme was stupid. For me, the Switch looks to continue the trend I’ve grown to despise. I think I liked Nintendo products more when the competition was either non existent or worse.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

I mean... No...

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Nintendo has always been anti consumer. Why do you think they continue to focus on children? Because when you grow up and notice the competition by comparison, you leave Nintendo. You think core gamers buy Switch’s for the most part? Naw, they’ve moved on.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Why is this thread still open

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Nintendo have always been overpriced, same as Apple, they have greedy profit margins and their fan bases will always pay it. This is not anything new and also does not help that they chose to go with cartridges.

But I and other PC gamers would be pretty hypocritical, we pay Nividia tax.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@shellcase86 said:

Agreed. Nintendo's pricing is terrible and especially greedy. However, their games run great on their hardware -- you got that wrong.

Yes, sub 30 fps is great performance.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

I can agree with the second half of that statement. But they're a multinational megacorporation in the video games industry, no shit they're anti-consumer lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@X_CAPCOM_X: resolution is also integrated into performance. 900p/sub 30fps (Xenoblade) is crappy performance. 1080p 120fps or more or nothing.

Still, the biggest problem is the price vs value, switch is terrible in this. Nintendo needs to go.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#50 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

Somebody's mad. Lol