SW, are there any games you have a "problem" with?

• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

And by "problem", I mean PROBLEM. As in, you find yourself playing the game nonstop, to the point that it gets in the way of other games you want to play (but hopefully not in the way of your life in general, hehe). So, basically, you're addicted to it. For whatever reason, personally Fallout games do this to me. It's just something about the formula, I suppose. It was ridiculous for me with FO4. I put like 87,000,000,000 hours into that game, and in the process could not bring myself to play anything else despite maybe Tetris (another one I have a little problem with). Now it's happening all over again with FO76, which, yes, people do play, believe it or not.

Anyhoo, what about you SW? Any gaming addictions?

Here are some pretty purple clouds to soothe your frazzled nerves.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

League of legends and WoW. Logging on WoW before you finally quit is like opening up the fridge when you’re not even hungry.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

When I was younger, sure. Multiplayer games. Not anymore.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

A long time ago but I'd say PSO for me. Sometimes I'd play right through the night into the next morning and continue into the afternoon.

These dayzz, nothing does that to me anymore. Good thing, I'm too old for that. lol :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22977 Posts

I miss feeling that immersed in a game... I still get hooked on games, but my attention span is no where near what it once was... I've been playing god of War since December.... Hour here, hour there. The game is extraordinary but I still can't prioritize sitting down and finishing it. Busy life...

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Destiny 1, Year 1 after Trials was released was awesome. That was the last time I was "addicted" to a game where I played it none stop.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is my current fix, 180 hours in and still counting. And there's always Warframe that I get back into in between other games.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

I had a problem with Diablo 3 .... took me a while to quit that game.

I am going to keep on going back to FO76 for the foreseeable future. New mode is everything I wanted in this game from the survival mechanics standpoint, and I can deal with the enhanced PvP.... now with double XP weekend, I dont see myself playing anything else for a bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@enzyme36 said:

I am going to keep on going back to FO76 for the foreseeable future. New mode is everything I wanted in this game from the survival mechanics standpoint, and I can deal with the enhanced PvP.... now with double XP weekend, I dont see myself playing anything else for a bit.

Dude, that new PvP is freakin' hardcore. I lasted like four seconds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Red dead redemption 2 and Dark souls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@SecretPolice said:

A long time ago but I'd say PSO for me. Sometimes I'd play right through the night into the next morning and continue into the afternoon.

These dayzz, nothing does that to me anymore. Good thing, I'm too old for that. lol :P

This may be a dumb question, but what is PSO?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@subspecies said:
@SecretPolice said:

This may be a dumb question, but what is PSO?

No probs.. Phantasy Star online.

See all images

Phantasy Star Online

Online Role-Playing GamePhantasy Star Online is an online role-playing game developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega in 2000 for the Dreamcast. It was the first online RPG for game consoles; players adventure with up to three others over the internet to complete quests, collect items, and fight enemies in real-time action RPG combat. The story is unrelated to previous games in the Phantasy Star series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@SecretPolice: Ah. Gotcha. Spent like ten minutes trying to figure that out lol.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

For Honor

I am addicted to the game. There are times that if I hadn't bought it digital, I might have broken the disc or sold it a long time ago. No matter how pissed I get at it I end up coming right back.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 enzyme36

@subspecies said:
@enzyme36 said:

Haha yep its dangerous out there... you can remain incognito and get some serious farming in there for a while. But you will eventually hit the leader board and they will come after you.

Creates a whole new sense of tension that was missing from Adventure mode. Also the lack of fast travel makes every location feel like a beacon of respite.

The only issue now is I've murdered a few potentially friendly encounters only from having an itchy trigger finger. Blasted some poor dude last night before he could get his Follow-me emote out... I saw the beginning of his wave before he went down, I felt bad, but its a cut throat wasteland now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@enzyme36 said:
@subspecies said:
@enzyme36 said:

Haha yep its dangerous out there... you can remain incognito and get some serious farming in there for a while. But you will eventually hit the leader board and they will come after you.

Creates a whole new sense of tension that was missing from Adventure mode. Also the lack of fast travel makes every location feel like a beacon of respite.

The only issue now is I've murdered a few potentially friendly encounters only from having an itchy trigger finger. Blasted some poor dude last night before he could get his Follow-me emote out... I saw the beginning of his wave before he went down, I felt bad, but its a cut throat wasteland now.

When you hit the leaderboard can you just server hop and reset it?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Not really, but the "just one more turn" games (Civilization, Total War, Tetris 99) are awful when I do pick them up. The world goes dead until I can peel myself away

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enzyme36

@subspecies said:
@enzyme36 said:

Nope... if you log out or server hop it keeps your time since last death with you. If you are on one server for an hour and server hop... you will still be logged as an 1 hr long survivor on your next server. You may even make the leader board if your time qualifies after a hop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@enzyme36 said:
@subspecies said:
@enzyme36 said:

Nope... if you log out or server hop it keeps your time since last death with you. If you are on one server for an hour and server hop... you will still be logged as an 1 hr long survivor on your next server. You may even make the leader board if your time qualifies after a hop.

Ah, well that's cool. It keeps people from abusing the system. Though becoming visible on the map after a while is kind of annoying. Not sure how I feel about that feature.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Back in the day, halo2, I put an obscene amount of time in halo 2 MP

World of Warcraft.. So glad i quit

Dota 2.. Put about 650 hours into it... Uninstalled realized it was a waste of time and the community is trash.

Havent been addicted to anything too much nowadays

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

right now, PUBG.

I don't even enjoy playing it that much anymore for the most part, but I have some friends who play a lot, and I like gaming with them, and I have enough fun/memorable rounds that I often accept their invites to join with those rounds in mind, even though much of the time I do badly and feel like i'm just wasting my time (even more than usual for games).

I have almost 500 hours in the game at this point

In the past:

-Company of Heroes 2

-Dawn of War 2

-Dayz (the mod)

-Trackmania 2

-L4D2 Versus mode

-Battlefield, especially 4 and 1.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Yeah Civilization 5 and 6. Those games are like heroin despite their flaws. To a lesser extent Witcher 3 ( nearly 500 hours on a single player game)

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Last one to grab me like that was Breath of the Wild. Had a bad week of wayyyy too much Fallout Shelter on the Switch til thankfully I ran out of space and got bored.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

No, barely play games that much now.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Right Now im addicted to Far Cry Primal, but then again all far cry games gets me hooked.

Oh and just started playing Primal for the first time on PC and damn, this game looks amazing in 4k with the HD texture patch and Ultra settings.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Skyrim and American Truck Sim. I barely even play the GAMES themselves anymore, just play with mods.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@TheEroica said:

I miss feeling that immersed in a game... I still get hooked on games, but my attention span is no where near what it once was... I've been playing god of War since December.... Hour here, hour there. The game is extraordinary but I still can't prioritize sitting down and finishing it. Busy life...

How I've been feeling lately as well to be honest. I spent a good 4-5 days leveling up The Division 2 and I haven't touched it since...

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

League of Legends and Elder Scrolls Online.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Nah the last time I was like that was back in the day on Dreamcast, but was at my peak when playing the Mega Drive, still one of if not the best console ever made.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Need for speed payback, tekken 7 and guilty gear revelator 2. I would spend hours playing them and just drop games because of them.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34774 Posts

No. Guess that happened with a few games when I was younger. I can still get really excited by some games and still think about them whenever I don't play. Last time was with BotW and to some extent the recent Sekiro.

I'd never let myself to become addicted to Destiny, Anthem, Fallout 76 or similar games. Mainly because these are fucking terrible games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

right now, PUBG.

I don't even enjoy playing it that much anymore for the most part, but I have some friends who play a lot, and I like gaming with them, and I have enough fun/memorable rounds that I often accept their invites to join with those rounds in mind, even though much of the time I do badly and feel like i'm just wasting my time (even more than usual for games).

In the past:

-Company of Heroes 2

-Dawn of War 2

-Dayz (the mod)

-Trackmania 2

-L4D2 Versus mode

Makes me think of my time in Battlefield V firestorm. It seems like my friends like playing it way more than I do. But I still play it a lot because I like playing with them.

I'm having fun for sure, the firestorm closing in is sweet, the map is really well designed... I'm just not having this 'one more round' feeling that most people get.

As for games I spent too much time in, I think my list is pretty similar to yours:

-Company of Heroes 2, that multiplayer was just TOO good. The flow of the matches, the unpredictability forcing you to adapt...

-Day of Defeat

-Day of Infamy

-Red Orchestra series, the original mod, RO 2 and Rising Storm series

-Left 4 Dead, but coop mode ... on expert. Spent days trying to beat some levels, even with a really great team. Everyone who joined coop on expert had this willingness to push on and beat the level.

-Age of Empires series

-Battlefield series

So mostly shooters and RTS, hehe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@R4gn4r0k: Oh shit i completely fogot about L4D on the 360, i too played way too many hours continously on expert, but with only 1 other person.

What level did you think was the hardest on expert? For me it was harvest, finally getting past that with only 2 of us after about 3 weeks and so many running to the boat only to be knocked down from a rock by a tank moments, so frustrating but so exhilarating when i finally passed it :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
@i_p_daily said:

@R4gn4r0k: Oh shit i completely fogot about L4D on the 360, i too played way too many hours continously on expert, but with only 1 other person.

What level did you think was the hardest on expert? For me it was harvest, finally getting past that with only 2 of us after about 3 weeks and so many running to the boat only to be knocked down from a rock by a tank moments, so frustrating but so exhilarating when i finally passed it :)

Tanks and witches absolutely wrecked you on expert mode.

In the hard rain level for example the game just threw a lot of witches on you. Trying to pass that level with 4 people was so tense!

When a witch hit you once in expert it didn't put you in a downed state, like in other difficulties, it was game over for you lol. You went straight to a rescue zone.

Hardest level for me by far was the custom level that was official later: Cold Stream.

Holy hell that level was so stingy with weapons, supply, and safe spots! The level wrecked the best of the best. I only ever finished it once, after weeks of trying. We had finally reached the final section, where a horde of zombies was following us, along with a tank. I saw every man in my team go down and I was literally the only one who made it to the chopper... but we finished it. And with that I finished the entire game on expert.

I thoroughly enjoyed every single level in both L4D and L4D2, as well as its free DLC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@R4gn4r0k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Tanks and witches absolutely wrecked you on expert mode.

In the hard rain level for example the game just threw a lot of witches on you. Trying to pass that level with 4 people was so tense!

When a witch hit you once in expert it didn't put you in a downed state, like in other difficulties, it was game over for you lol. You went straight to a rescue zone.

Hardest level for me by far was the custom level that was official later: Cold Stream.

Holy hell that level was so stingy with weapons, supply, and safe spots! The level wrecked the best of the best. I only ever finished it once, after weeks of trying. We had finally reached the final section, where a horde of zombies was following us, along with a tank. I saw every man in my team go down and I was literally the only one who made it to the chopper... but we finished it. And with that I finished the entire game on expert.

I thoroughly enjoyed every single level in both L4D and L4D2, as well as its free DLC.

Cold Stream, don't remember that level was it only on PC?

I liked L4D2 but for me L4D was almost perfect. The new enemies in 2 just didn't gel for me, nor did the levels.

I just checked my stats and I started L4D on the 10th March 2009 and completed it on the 11th of February 2011.

Hopefully Turtle Rock can get their "spiritual successor" to be just like L4D, hell Valve the useless arseholes should have just given TR the rights to the name and called it L4D3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
@i_p_daily said:

Cold Stream, don't remember that level was it only on PC?

I liked L4D2 but for me L4D was almost perfect. The new enemies in 2 just didn't gel for me, nor did the levels.

I just checked my stats and I started L4D on the 10th March 2009 and completed it on the 11th of February 2011.

Hopefully Turtle Rock can get their "spiritual successor" to be just like L4D, hell Valve the useless arseholes should have just given TR the rights to the name and called it L4D3.

Yes, I agree. Left 4 Dead 1 was more "simplistic" in a way and nailed it's gameplay in that simplicity. Though L4D2 did add some really nice things, like more weapon variety and heavy weapon pickups. It was also nice that you could play Left 4 Dead 1 levels in L4D2.

I think Cold Stream was exclusive for a while on PC, when it was in testing as a custom (community made) map. But I'm pretty sure it came to consoles in its finished state.

It was also the last DLC after The Sacrifice and The Passing.

I also remember playing a non-official level based on the 2004 Dawn of the Dead movie. It was such a well-made level, and I also really loved the movie so it was a blast to play. It took years to make but it really paid off.

I have high hopes for Back 4 Blood. Can they just remake Left 4 Dead please with as little change as possible? xD

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Apex.

I want to play other games and I do, but I play Apex when I have the chance to sit and relax to a game like DMC5 or Nier or something with a story but instead I’ll plop on the headset and play Apex knowing I have all sorts of chances to play that game.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#38 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

Not nowadays. The last time I had a gaming addiction was with TERA Online. But I stopped playing that a year ago.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I completely understand this comment. It is really hard these days to stay completely focused while gaming or avoid falling asleep after work and taking care of kids. Gaming was so much better when you were a kid with little to no responsibility lol

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#40 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Resident Evil 4. I owned it on GC. Took my life over for the 13 to 15 age range. I then got it on 360 years later. Took my life over again. I bought it on Xbox one last year and have finished it 3 times now on there. Every damn generation this game sticks around. I haven't finished Vampyr or Dragons Dogma because of this damn game. Love you RE4.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#41 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

right now, PUBG.

In the past:

-Company of Heroes 2

-Dawn of War 2

-Dayz (the mod)

-Trackmania 2

-L4D2 Versus mode

Makes me think of my time in Battlefield V firestorm. It seems like my friends like playing it way more than I do. But I still play it a lot because I like playing with them.

I'm having fun for sure, the firestorm closing in is sweet, the map is really well designed... I'm just not having this 'one more round' feeling that most people get.

As for games I spent too much time in, I think my list is pretty similar to yours:

-Company of Heroes 2, that multiplayer was just TOO good. The flow of the matches, the unpredictability forcing you to adapt...

-Day of Defeat

-Day of Infamy

-Red Orchestra series, the original mod, RO 2 and Rising Storm series

-Left 4 Dead, but coop mode ... on expert. Spent days trying to beat some levels, even with a really great team. Everyone who joined coop on expert had this willingness to push on and beat the level.

-Age of Empires series

-Battlefield series

So mostly shooters and RTS, hehe

yea my PUBG squad tried firestorm and though we had some fun for some reason it doesn't have the same addictive quality as PUBG for us. mostly it just makes me want to play normal BFV Multiplayer. I think the armor system makes people too spongy. I don't like how armor magically covers your entire body as well. doesn't make much sense in a game that is at least trying to be a bit realism driven.

for some reason, I never really get 'addicted' to the RO/RS type games. I love playing them, and i'll put hundreds of hours into them, but I tend to play them once or twice a week over years, rather than racking up a ton of playtime over a shorter period.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Back in the day was Counter Strike and then CS: Source. For years that was 99% of my gaming time. But then I went from great at the game to being so burned out that I start sucking like a beginner. It gets kind of tiring when you usually do great in public servers and you end up with the players screaming at you and calling you cheater. My last great match I was with an insane 45/3 score and I wish I had recorded the whole thing. The opposing team was making the same thing the whole time and getting murdered and I end up being vote kicked. So I just started playing less and less and sucking more and more and I end up stopping playing online games. But it was a proper addiction with me even skipping work to stay the whole day playing.

misrespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 misrespect
Member since 2019 • 84 Posts

Naughty Dog games hold the industry back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@misrespect said:

Naughty Dog games hold the industry back.

Wrong thread buckaroo.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Lot of games, my recent memory was elder scrolls online. I finished the the whole region quest and when It started another region quest I just lost interest from 100 to zero. The quest are the same where you help the region and save the kingdom from destruction. I was tired by starting a whole new chapter, just the NPC telling the player to this, do that without much help. Expecting me to save the whole world.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Most addicted was when I was younger and that being Socom II and then Socom Confrontation (after they ironed out the bugs, was a really fun game). Seems that I can't get addicted to games like I use to. I remember acting sick and staying home from school just to play the newest game. lol

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

I was kind of addicted to football manager a few years back on 360. I used to go to bed thinking and planning my tactics. Losing days to that game.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Not at all. I often go weeks without playing anything.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I too put quite alot of hours in f4 even though at no point did I really find it particularly fun.

Some of the music was pretty special tho.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Yeah plenty... for all kinds of reasons....

Guess to take a stereotypical example Every game with a CAMERA issue

As in I can't see can't figure out where I am can't anything...

A lot of all view games all get really bad with this say for example Zone of Ender 2...

Yies. Yikes rather...