Super Smash Bros Brawl. == FAKE Screenshots lol ==

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chadwardennn
Member since 2007 • 883 Posts

Just look at this picture.

any SHeep who thinks the final game will look like this is an ignorant fool.

Sense when does the Wii support that kind of AA (look at the hat).
And since when did the Wii supported HD?

The characters will never look like that, the resolution is too high.

i just lolled, this will be another downgrade. Not horrible like red steel, but still a downgrade. 

KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
This isn't Chad. I can understand you too well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Your thread fills me with goo.

razzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 razzy1
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

Jandurin

whhh...what?:lol:

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
All people need to do is use their Wii to view the gameplay video through their Internet Browser and they'll get a rough approximation to how good it will display on their TV.  Oh noes!
Creapy_team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Creapy_team
Member since 2003 • 277 Posts

This is like saying " WHY DIDNT THE FIRST XBOX GAMES LOOK LIKE CONKER LIVE AND RELOADED LOLOLOLOLO XBOX SUCKS"

Because at first, companies don't know how much the console itself can do. So they keep the graphics low at first, thus Red Steel graphics.

So, yeah, I'm sure it will look like that. Hal haven't ever dissapointed me, and Melee was the best looking game on the Cube when it came out, so I guess Brawl could be the same for Wii.

Oh, and your grammer **** sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]

razzy1

:roll:

Not that kind of goo!

:lol:

Like, zombie goo.

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts

Say what now? Downgrades?

Krudus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krudus
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
its real. we've seen it in motion. deal with it.
twags82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 twags82
Member since 2003 • 4531 Posts
The cheerleader from 'Heroes' is hot.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts

Shazenab

LMAO. REal Time MECH DAMAGE!! pfft.

back on topic, when it comes too a game like SSB, Nintendo doesnt rely on the graphics of their games all too much. IF YOU WERE A SSB fan, YOU WOULD KNOW 4 player vs. would keep you too busy to even spot deformities in the graphics

sorry fanboy, YOU FAIL. Its all about gameplay here bud.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Those aren't gameplay screens.  And yes the Wii is infamous for its hi-res screen shot downgrades.

The final version will look sort of  like that but without the shiney polish.

Either way its not impressive.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

Those aren't gameplay screens. And yes the Wii is infamous for its hi-res screen shot downgrades.

The final version will look sort of like that but without the shiney polish.

Bread_or_Decide
Which Wii games? Red Steel (which simply had AA applied),....then....? And those are in game shots, we've seen the game in motion, and it looks like that. But of course you cover your tracks at the end by saying "Either way its not impressive.", so you can fall back on that if you're proven wrong. If that's true, why bother try to disprove these? Probably because they're a sudden mark up from the currnet Wii graphics standard.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Those aren't gameplay screens.  And yes the Wii is infamous for its hi-res screen shot downgrades.

The final version will look sort of  like that but without the shiney polish.

Bread_or_Decide

We. Saw. It. In. Motion. 

Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
[QUOTE="razzy1"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]

Jandurin

Not that kind of goo!

Like, zombie goo.

:lol:, still worth quoting >.> 

Avatar image for Luigi_Vincetana
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Luigi_Vincetana
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

Those aren't gameplay screens. And yes the Wii is infamous for its hi-res screen shot downgrades.

Bread_or_Decide
Hi-res? the screenshot is about 300x300 pixels... The camera can zoom in that close you know.
Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
WTF are you talking about with this hi-res crap?  That pic is 400x329.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts

We've seen the game in motion. FAIL

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

We've seen the game in motion. FAIL

Ollivander

Exactly.  And it looked that good.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Anyone who thinks that Smash Bros cant look like that (and thats actual ingame screen shots straight from the developer) is retarded. It does and will look that good so stop whining. It doesnt take a lot of effort to make a game that has simple mechanics and simple level design to make Smash Bros look great. Last gen the game was restricted due to the size of the data disc it was stored on but now Nintendo has up to 9GB's to work with for a single DVD since the Wii supports dual layer technology. Smash Bros Melee was probably close to filling up the disc last gen, so there is more space to improve upon the characters designs and making things look a lot cleaner and sharper.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
SSBM had an option for anti aliassing in the game..  i always turned it on and hoped they would do it in other games.sadly they didn't
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danneswegman

from gamespot:

S

mash Bros Melee today is a very addictive game for Australia. After the success of the N64 version, it's no wonder they made a sequel with more depth and more quality. Who knows? Maybe another sequel will drive you crazy. The gameplay is nearly unmatched compare to other games. While other games are focused on straight combat, this game is made a lot of fun. Normal attack is with the A button, special attack with the B button, jumping is with X and Y, R and L is block, R+A or Z to throw and control stick is to move. The AI is well tuned but sometimes it will be hard to keep track of all the stars. I won't name them all but it's extremely well thought out. The graphics even in PAL60, with anti aliasing optionmakes this game look superb. Everyone looks good in detail and so are the levels. The sound is crazy. Very matched up voices did a crazy job of pushing them into a crazy level. The sound could use a bit more work. I don't mean the items but the attacking sound could use Dolby support. The value is unmatched. The single player and the multiplayer with such bonus contents is packed to the gill. You should definitely keep this game. Despite that other games try to still its thunder, this game still give the consumers the reason why they want to buy it.

and that was Gamecube

miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

Jandurin

:shock: 

Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Luigi_Vincetana
I was just messing around with SSBM a little earlier and I can confirm that the game has AA on the same level as those Brawl screens (and remember this game was a GCN launch title).
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Why is there always threads about fake NIntendo pictures and fake Sony pictures but never any posts about all the fak MS pictures that always come out?

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Either way its not impressive.Bread_or_Decide

We all saw the vids and it looked like this. It's gameplay.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danneswegman

I was just messing around with SSBM a little earlier and I can confirm that the game has AA on the same level as those Brawl screens (and remember this game was a GCN launch title).Luigi_Vincetana

yep... why the hell didn't they give that option in more games?????? i hate jaggies

nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
Did you even see SSBM? It looked fantastic and that was ages ago. The game will look like your screenshots.
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Luigi_Vincetana

[QUOTE="Luigi_Vincetana"]I was just messing around with SSBM a little earlier and I can confirm that the game has AA on the same level as those Brawl screens (and remember this game was a GCN launch title).danneswegman

yep... why the hell didn't they give that option in more games?????? i hate jaggies

The jaggies weren't that bad (the only time I noticed them was when I went sailing in WW, my god that boom was pixelated). But anyway, the reason it wasn't include in many other last gen games (that includes Xbox and PS2) was because AA is taxing as hell on processing power.

As an example; a couple of weeks ago, I bought my friend a copy of FEAR for PC as a birthday present. Before we started playing it, we were messing around with graphic options to see what worked best on his rig. The first thing we did was turn the AA up to 4xFSAA and then when we tested the benchmark the game run at about 10 frames per second. We then kept turning a whole heap of graphical settings down but the framerate still wasn't any good (like under 15fps 90% of the time). We finally decided to see what would happen if we turned the AA off. To our surprise the game started running at about 50fps and from there we were able to turn most of the other settings up high and still get the game running at about 40fps most of the time. Crazy, Aye?

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danneswegman
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]

[QUOTE="Luigi_Vincetana"]I was just messing around with SSBM a little earlier and I can confirm that the game has AA on the same level as those Brawl screens (and remember this game was a GCN launch title).Luigi_Vincetana

The jaggies weren't that bad (the only time I noticed them was when I went sailing in WW, my god that boom was pixelated). But anyway, the reason it wasn;t include in many other last gen games (that includes Xbox and PS2) was because AA is taxing as hell on processing power. As an example; a couple of weeks ago, I bought my friend a copy of FEAR for PC as a birthday present. Before we started playing it, we were messing around with graphic options to see what worked best on his rig. The first thing we did was turn the AA up to 4xFSAA and then when we tested the benchmark the game run at about 10 frames per second. We then kept turning a whole heap of graphical settings down but the framerate still wasn't any good (like under 15fps 90% of the time). We finally decided to see what would happen if we turned the AA off. To our surprise the game started running at about 50fps and from there we were able to turn most of the other settings up high and still get the game running at about 40fps most of the time. Crazy, Aye?

yeah, actually .. i kinda knew that.. but can't hey do it NOW... zelda was so jagged up.... 

Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Luigi_Vincetana
[QUOTE="Luigi_Vincetana"][QUOTE="danneswegman"]

[QUOTE="Luigi_Vincetana"]I was just messing around with SSBM a little earlier and I can confirm that the game has AA on the same level as those Brawl screens (and remember this game was a GCN launch title).danneswegman

The jaggies weren't that bad (the only time I noticed them was when I went sailing in WW, my god that boom was pixelated). But anyway, the reason it wasn;t include in many other last gen games (that includes Xbox and PS2) was because AA is taxing as hell on processing power. As an example; a couple of weeks ago, I bought my friend a copy of FEAR for PC as a birthday present. Before we started playing it, we were messing around with graphic options to see what worked best on his rig. The first thing we did was turn the AA up to 4xFSAA and then when we tested the benchmark the game run at about 10 frames per second. We then kept turning a whole heap of graphical settings down but the framerate still wasn't any good (like under 15fps 90% of the time). We finally decided to see what would happen if we turned the AA off. To our surprise the game started running at about 50fps and from there we were able to turn most of the other settings up high and still get the game running at about 40fps most of the time. Crazy, Aye?

yeah, actually .. i kinda knew that.. but can't hey do it NOW... zelda was so jagged up....

Dude, I doubt the Wii has enough horsepower to run TP with AA, The game already pushed the GCN to it's limits and the Wii isn't that much more powerful.
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
No,its real.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts

Shazenab

Is that Gundam? 

bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#34 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts

This is like saying " WHY DIDNT THE FIRST XBOX GAMES LOOK LIKE CONKER LIVE AND RELOADED LOLOLOLOLO XBOX SUCKS"

Because at first, companies don't know how much the console itself can do. So they keep the graphics low at first, thus Red Steel graphics.

So, yeah, I'm sure it will look like that. Hal haven't ever dissapointed me, and Melee was the best looking game on the Cube when it came out, so I guess Brawl could be the same for Wii.

Creapy_team

I can't believe people say that Smash Bros. was a good looking game on Cube. Even at launch there was Rogue Squadron and Luigi's Mansion. Both of which look better than "SSBM" even today. And the god-awful sound...

It my be as fun series, but the first two games were not technical achievements or anything.

As for Brawl, BullShots!

Mario Party 8 is a really good example of what Wii can actually do. To think it can do more, or produce HD images complete with AA is setting yourself up for a real disappointment. 

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 danneswegman
[QUOTE="Creapy_team"]

Because at first, companies don't know how much the console itself can do. So they keep the graphics low at first, thus Red Steel graphics.

bryehngeocef

I can't believe people say that Smash Bros. was a good looking game on Cube. Even at launch there was Rogue Squadron and Luigi's Mansion. Both of which look better than "SSBM" even today. And the god-awful sound...

It my be as fun series, but the first two games were not technical achievements or anything.

As for Brawl, BullShots!

Mario Party 8 is a really good example of what Wii can actually do. To think it can do more, or produce HD images complete with AA is setting yourself up for a real disappointment.

actually SSBM looked good (9 in graphics) and did have AA 

Aqueas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Aqueas
Member since 2004 • 364 Posts

i just lolled, this will be another downgrade. Not horrible like red steel, but still a downgrade.

chadwardennn

It's in 400x329!!! Less than HALF the Wii's resolution, definately NOT HD...

Aqueas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Aqueas
Member since 2004 • 364 Posts
[QUOTE="Creapy_team"]

bryehngeocef

As for Brawl, BullShots!

That screen is NOT HD, they're less than HALF the Wii's resolution... 

haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
Sorry to dissappoint fanboy, but that image is 400X300, that is WAY LOWER then Wii does. :|

Why hate?

Why??
The_Best_yet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Best_yet22
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

Sorry but this is the most stupid thread made by a Sony fan ever, how scared are you when you bash Smash Bros, but you have MGS4. Even as a Nintendo fan I say that pic isnt that good looking, and can easily be done on Wii. Or do you want to call those PS3 graphics? because PS3 can more than enough handle that. The Wii is capable of that. And im also tired on nintendo fans(other than me) trying to expain what how these graphics differ from Red Steel. Just get to the point! The Wii is more than capable to handle SSBB and those screens arent even HD or that high res looking get real.

And also, a sony fan is soooooooooo insecure go cry to your momS!

WiiForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WiiForAll
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
When SMG looks as good or better, why would you think the Wii can't do these graphics? especially when we've already seen it in motion looking identical?
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts

400x329 is considered HD?

What decade are you living in?

The_Best_yet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Best_yet22
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
When SMG looks as good or better, why would you think the Wii can't do these graphics? especially when we've already seen it in motion looking identical?WiiForAll
Do not respond to ignorance, Sony fans get that last shimmer of light and try to use it in ther bad time of misfortune. Look at Sega fans they still have the confidence to bash stuff when they should have none at all. Same with Sony fans
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
Ssbm had an AA option? How do I turn it on?
beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts

chadwardennn
does graphic can even be done on dreamcast man.. what are you talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="razzy1"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]

HappyInvader101

Not that kind of goo!

Like, zombie goo.

:lol:, still worth quoting >.> 

To be fair, it is *delicious* zombie goo.

And:  Man I got hit with a monstrous lag.

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Ssbm had an AA option? How do I turn it on?Stabby2486

I would also like to know this...

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
xD This is hillarious, the moment a good picture comes out for a Wii game. It's all "ZOMGZZZAS NOE ITES FAYK!!!!!1111one111shift1!!2~~"
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danneswegman

[QUOTE="Stabby2486"]Ssbm had an AA option? How do I turn it on?buuzer0

I would also like to know this...

it's at the start... witht the options... or, the PAL version has it for sure :

After the success of the N64 version, it's no wonder they made a sequel with more depth and more quality. Who knows? Maybe another sequel will drive you crazy. The gameplay is nearly unmatched compare to other games. While other games are focused on straight combat, this game is made a lot of fun. Normal attack is with the A button, special attack with the B button, jumping is with X and Y, R and L is block, R+A or Z to throw and control stick is to move. The AI is well tuned but sometimes it will be hard to keep track of all the stars. I won't name them all but it's extremely well thought out. The graphics even in PAL60, with anti aliasing option makes this game look superb. Everyone looks good in detail and so are the levels. The sound is crazy. Very matched up voices did a crazy job of pushing them into a crazy level. The sound could use a bit more work. I don't mean the items but the attacking sound could use Dolby support. The value is unmatched. The single player and the multiplayer with such bonus contents is packed to the gill. You should definitely keep this game. Despite that other games try to still its thunder, this game still give the consumers the reason why they want to buy it.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/supersmashbrosmelee/player_review.html?id=454871

it's true.. i activated it too when i played it and it looks really good.... 

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
Maximum res the Wii puts out is 720x576 so that pic is fake.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Maximum res the Wii puts out is 720x576 so that pic is fake.ball_of_air
400x329 is lower then 720X576.