Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury preview - are you HYPED or what?

• 73 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

You mean like Xbox has been doing forever now and you've never called them out for it once @Pedro ? and nobody else on system wars is calling you out either and letting you slide and saying they agree with you sometimes.

ENOUGH!

Not many people owned the WiiU and haven't played 3D world yet and Bowsers Fury is brand new for everyone. So your paying 60 for OLD games that everyone did play before on xbox. While nintendo guys 3d world is new for a lot of people and they get bowers fury and wiiU games are still all probably 60 anyway and rare an hard to get.

Welp My work here is done...

Actually I wish Nintendo would take some notes from Microsoft in those cases you pointed out lol.

Halo MCC had Halo 2 Anniversary campaign and some maps. I think $60 for all that in one package is a fair deal. Maybe a little overpriced but not much?

Rare Replay launched for $30. The value was there.

Gears Ultimate launched for $30. The correct price for a remaster. Those other Gears games thrown in is nice too.

Meanwhile pretty much every WiiU game that launched on Switch has been the same game with some new characters or a mission mode that has an additional hour or two of content? And they all cost $60. Except Captain Toad was $40 I believe? Any others I'm forgetting?

Try again!

Well first off Gears ultimate launched at 40 dollars for the standard and was 60 dollars for the deluxe so you can stop lying right now ok? It wasn't 30 dollars we good?

Ok. Next up. Did you watch the bowsers fury trailer above? How is that the same game with a new character or mission mode. It looks like a completely new open world level what are you even talking about dude look at the video above about like a mission or something or a character.

I don't even know if these people are real or what anymore. Are you forgetting that every halo game launched with working online multiplayer except for this 60 dollar MCC collection which didn't let you matchup with other people you were sitting in lobbies for hours waiting for games why leave that out dude why? Why not mention that dude. That seems pretty big to a gamer.

Halo was the big next console online FPS game after golden eye it was the go to why the fk is the online broken for it when thats what its known for think about that for a second.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@ProtossRushX: I honestly feel bad for making fun of you because sometimes I think that you might have serious mental health issues. So as of now I'll no longer interact with you on this forum because it feels weird.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ProtossRushX: I honestly feel bad for making fun of you because sometimes I think that you might have serious mental health issues. So as of now I'll no longer interact with you on this forum because it feels weird.

It is the reason I don't engage him, at all. Nearly all of his responses to me go unread. I am not sure if that makes it worse. 🤔

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59203 Posts

I really liked the 3DS game, so I may give this a wack.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

It's all good man I don't want to talk to people who don't actually play games and make up lies constantly either so I guess were all set then. I will continue to call you out when you lie make up stuff but other than that yeah I think were good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Pedro: Me too, and the few times I do I end up feeling weird for engaging.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pedro

@uninspiredcup said:

I really liked the 3DS game, so I may give this a wack.

Then you are most likely going to enjoy this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ProtossRushX: I played the single player of MCC without any issues. That's my personal experience.

Guess what TontoX if I had those games I wouldn't have bought them anyway. Still 3(+3=6) improved games > Wii U game + dlc.

And you do realise that MS made big changes on their business model and now let's you play your games across generations and systems without forcing you to rebuy stuff? The year is 2021 in case you are that lost.

Halo is known for its multi-player it was the big multiplayer console FPS of its time and took over for Goldeneye games like that for console players. Having a broken online for this kinda game is unacceptable Ghost so I know you think its ok my single player was fine and you think im beneath you or something its just not the case. Your basically human filth at this point your the one beneath everyone for not calling this out on a broken collection.

This game released broken it should not have come out like it did.

Like I said earlier. MCC launched with a ton of bugs...gun sounds stop working mid game I had to restart the game tons of times, the Hunters ai walking into walls instead of attacking you. This was not bungie solo player experience I was gonna logged in and out of game by Microsoft I had to take the system into offline mode. It was bad.

I had 10 achievements pop at once I was missing over 70% of my achievements saying I didn't even beat the game even though the menu says I completed every mission where my achievements if the game had no issues wouldn't I have the achievements for the game if menu is telling me I beat every stage wouldn't that make some sense. Of course it would.

philamona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 philamona
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

When I first watched the trailer for Bowser's Fury, I began to realize that Fury Bowser resembles Dark Beast Ganon from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In fact, Fury Bowser attacks similar to Dark Beat Ganon.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9583 Posts

I'm actually sick of these games being released a few years later and people jumping all over them. I got this game the day it came out and beat it a couple times already. Sure, I'd like to try Bowser's Fury, but not for a full priced game.

They should have made a Super Mario 3D 2 with Bowser's Fury and I would have been all over it day one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@WitIsWisdom: The Wii U was such a commercial failure that I think it's expected to have the games released on a much larger install base now. The value proposition of this release is kind of OK considering the dlc.

It does suck that those few who supported the Wii U are punished by Nintendo for doing so. But maybe in one or two gens Nintendo will come up with a solution.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45328 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@WitIsWisdom: The Wii U was such a commercial failure that I think it's expected to have the games released on a much larger install base now. The value proposition of this release is kind of OK considering the dlc.

It does suck that those few who supported the Wii U are punished by Nintendo for doing so. But maybe in one or two gens Nintendo will come up with a solution.

Yea, even though I did have a Wii U and that game, it doesn't bother me, because it's there for people who want it. I think the question is, where are the big new releases? Hopefully that's coming soon.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Yes! Their solution would be to buy the games again. 😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

Same thing happened me wiht my xb1

I bought Halo 1-2 on my original xbox then I rebought halo 1 anniversary on 360 for 60 dollars than I bought halo 3....Microsoft said were coming out with Halo Anniversary 2 but its part of the MCC so I had to rebuy every game I owned for 60 dollars on xb1 MCC and they didn't work online.

I got milked like crazy by microsoft thats literally 100's dollars just the 3 bungie halo's cuz i wanted new anniversaries.

I really don't like microsoft i really despise them.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Is this another fucking port of a 5+ year old game they're charging a full $60 for? Because for as much as Nintendo does right, selling ports at full price like that is something I'd rather not incentivize them to do.

Correction, it was released in 2013, it's over 7 years old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@eoten said:

Is this another fucking port of a 5+ year old game they're charging a full $60 for? Because for as much as Nintendo does right, selling ports at full price like that is something I'd rather not incentivize them to do.

Correction, it was released in 2013, it's over 7 years old.

If you don't like it don't buy it. I didn't play this game before and I didn't have wiiU and i like the bowsers fury and thats all there is to it. Nobody is forcing you to re-buy this stuff if you bought it on wiiU or you think its old.

I day one'd bought mario 3d all stars that was 3 old mario games one from 1996 even now ive put over 120 hours into the game it was worth every penny to me so will this be to.

If a game is good I don't care when the fk or what year it was made i'm playing on handheld wherever I want the n64 wasn't portable ya know it is what it is I want good games all in one place on my switch lite.

So just stop crocodile tears and just move on dude let people buy what they want and get what you want go buy I dunno what you like go buy that for 60.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Loved the game on Wii U, but I'm not paying to replay it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@SolidGame_basic: I owned the Wii U but not this game because being co-op focused made me feel reticent. Now with this dlc I might bite.

I imagine Nintendo executives, looking at software and hardware sales and wonder why make the huge investment on new games when they can make a minimal investment and mostly rerelease stuff already developed. Sure new stuff will come but at a slower pace since the incentive isn't there. Can't really blame them.

Last year Paper Mario was ok and Animal Crossing was a colossal hit. But even then you could probably develop ACNH several times over with a new Zelda budget and on top of that sell several times more.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@philamona said:

When I first watched the trailer for Bowser's Fury, I began to realize that Fury Bowser resembles Dark Beast Ganon from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In fact, Fury Bowser attacks similar to Dark Beat Ganon.

Yeah brah, if Bowser's Fury has tons of open world to explore in multiple regions, and at least 20 hours worth of content then hellz yeah I'd be all over this thing like white on rice! Gonna wait for reviews though, as I suspect it'll be a much shorter experience.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SolidGame_basic

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@SolidGame_basic: I owned the Wii U but not this game because being co-op focused made me feel reticent. Now with this dlc I might bite.

I imagine Nintendo executives, looking at software and hardware sales and wonder why make the huge investment on new games when they can make a minimal investment and mostly rerelease stuff already developed. Sure new stuff will come but at a slower pace since the incentive isn't there. Can't really blame them.

Last year Paper Mario was ok and Animal Crossing was a colossal hit. But even then you could probably develop ACNH several times over with a new Zelda budget and on top of that sell several times more.

Yea I hear ya. I think because Wii U was such a big failure it's like Switch is the redo lol. But they know that they have to support it and now that they can focus on just one system they really have no excuses. To think the Dreamcast sold just slightly less than the Wii U in a much shorter time just shows how bad the Wii U was for Nintendo.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#71 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Yea I hear ya. I think because Wii U was such a big failure it's like Switch is the redo lol. But they know that they have to support it and now that they can focus on just one system they really have no excuses. To think the Dreamcast sold just slightly less than the Wii U in a much shorter time just shows how bad the Wii U was for Nintendo.

Not that much shorter time. DC was around for about 4 years to the Wii-U's 5. It'd be fairly close to the DC overall. But something to consider is the Wii-U was coming off of a massive success for Nintendo whereas the Dreamcast was tasked with coming back from a colossal failure in the Saturn. By Time the Dreamcast came out, most people jumped ship to the PS1, awaiting the PS2. The Wii-U has no excuses. I would liken the Wii-U more with the Saturn.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46495 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Loved the game on Wii U, but I'm not paying to replay it

This. Bowsers Fury looks neat and I love the Sunshine/Odyssey vibe it has.

But making Wii U owners pay full price all the time just seriously pisses me off.

Showing any loyalty to Nintendo is stupid, because they don't show any loyalty to you.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I played it on the Wii U switch but this add-on has compelled me to get on the Switch.

Surprised there are people who don't like Mario games. They're just really fun platform games that you can easily get into.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidGame_basic

@eoten: according to wiki, it launched in Japan November 1998 and was discontinued March 2001. It launched in the US in Sept 1999.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@drummerdave9099 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

You mean like Xbox has been doing forever now and you've never called them out for it once @Pedro ? and nobody else on system wars is calling you out either and letting you slide and saying they agree with you sometimes.

ENOUGH!

Not many people owned the WiiU and haven't played 3D world yet and Bowsers Fury is brand new for everyone. So your paying 60 for OLD games that everyone did play before on xbox. While nintendo guys 3d world is new for a lot of people and they get bowers fury and wiiU games are still all probably 60 anyway and rare an hard to get.

Welp My work here is done...

Actually I wish Nintendo would take some notes from Microsoft in those cases you pointed out lol.

Halo MCC had Halo 2 Anniversary campaign and some maps. I think $60 for all that in one package is a fair deal. Maybe a little overpriced but not much?

Rare Replay launched for $30. The value was there.

Gears Ultimate launched for $30. The correct price for a remaster. Those other Gears games thrown in is nice too.

Meanwhile pretty much every WiiU game that launched on Switch has been the same game with some new characters or a mission mode that has an additional hour or two of content? And they all cost $60. Except Captain Toad was $40 I believe? Any others I'm forgetting?

Try again!

Well first off Gears ultimate launched at 40 dollars for the standard and was 60 dollars for the deluxe so you can stop lying right now ok? It wasn't 30 dollars we good?

Ok. Next up. Did you watch the bowsers fury trailer above? How is that the same game with a new character or mission mode. It looks like a completely new open world level what are you even talking about dude look at the video above about like a mission or something or a character.

I don't even know if these people are real or what anymore. Are you forgetting that every halo game launched with working online multiplayer except for this 60 dollar MCC collection which didn't let you matchup with other people you were sitting in lobbies for hours waiting for games why leave that out dude why? Why not mention that dude. That seems pretty big to a gamer.

Halo was the big next console online FPS game after golden eye it was the go to why the fk is the online broken for it when thats what its known for think about that for a second.

Ok if you're right about the Gears price, fine. I still think re-releases and remasters of games should cost $40.

Apparently Bowser's Fury is 3-6 hours worth of content. Likely good content, but still.

You're really going to defend charging $60 for an old game you can get nowadays for $20? That has 3-6 more hours of new content?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

Have it downloaded and ready to go... can't wait!