Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is a 9/10 from GS! 90 on MC!

• 106 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts

@madsnakehhh: you can play it on the go 😮

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1478 Posts

Ah the good old nintendo bonus

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#53 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Another 90+ for the Switch. MC agrees.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

@Pedro: Nice bait; however, I shall refrain from arguing for the sake of arguing. I gave you two answers depending on the angle which you reside, and there's nothing more to add to a nonexistent argument.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#55 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

My backlog is already too much, but I'll have to pick this up.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

same, i'm putting it off because my backlog is stupid big, looks fun tho ill pick it up eventually

Looks like a solid port, i never owned the wii U so i actually appreciate the port. Bayonetta 2... really appreciated that one coming to switch.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9581 Posts

@dzimm said:

I'm just here for the Switch haters with their cries of "But- but it's just a Wii U port!"

I guess I missed the point then because that's the way I feel... I'm not a Switch hater, and as a matter of fact I love the console and play mine all the time (99% docked).

Would you not have rather had a new game? I mean, it's a great game, but why not make a 2nd one instead? I know the answer is probably that they were trying to get more sales on a game they already made since the WiiU didn't do well, but come on...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic  Online

@WitIsWisdom said:
@dzimm said:

I'm just here for the Switch haters with their cries of "But- but it's just a Wii U port!"

I guess I missed the point then because that's the way I feel... I'm not a Switch hater, and as a matter of fact I love the console and play mine all the time (99% docked).

Would you not have rather had a new game? I mean, it's a great game, but why not make a 2nd one instead? I know the answer is probably that they were trying to get more sales on a game they already made since the WiiU didn't do well, but come on...

I trust Nintendo to deliver the goods soon!! What else have they been doing this whole time lol.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#59 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I may pick this up. Ordinarily say "wait for a sale", but that's not a concept to Nintendo.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

If this cheapo cash grab was a XSX exclusive it would have got no mooaar than a 5.0. Is it just my opinion you may ask? No...

lololol :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SolidGame_basic  Online

@SecretPolice said:

If this cheapo cash grab was a XSX exclusive it would have got no mooaar than a 5.0. Is it just my opinion you may ask? No...

Jealous Xbox player, more at 11 😄

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

Jealous Xbox player, more at 11 😄

Nuttin but the Fax mam. :P

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:
@dzimm said:

I don't understand these criticisms. If you don't want it, then don't buy it. It's not complicated. There are plenty of other new and original games available for the system if that's what you want.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@sargentd said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

same, i'm putting it off because my backlog is stupid big, looks fun tho ill pick it up eventually

Looks like a solid port, i never owned the wii U so i actually appreciate the port. Bayonetta 2... really appreciated that one coming to switch.

My copy arrives tomorrow... I caved and purchased it off Amazon. Adding to the backlog.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61520 Posts

Purchased it last night on Amazon.ca, so i'll probably get it in around 3 weeks-to-never. My fingers are crossed.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SolidGame_basic  Online

@lundy86_4: lol, reminds me of your experience with Best Buy and I think it was Xenoblade

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lundy86_4  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lundy86_4: lol, reminds me of your experience with Best Buy and I think it was Xenoblade

**** knows at this point, but I think it was my Pro. Far too much has happened in-between lol. The delivery service could drive to the US/Canada border, and walk it to my place faster than shipping.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

I still have a WiiU someplace with the game so it’s gonna be a pass for me but if you haven’t played it I would recommend

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SolidGame_basic  Online

Am I the only one buying this and have played the original lol?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44357 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Um, no. What gave you that impression? 😐

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lundy86_4: my experience ordering a game from best buy was abysmal. It took forever. Which caught me totally off guard, because I've always looked then as a brick and mortar

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Archangel3371: Seems like a lot of people saying it's great if you haven't played it yet. last time I checked, I have a preorder with two posters with my name on it tomorrow 😎

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Archangel3371  Online

@SolidGame_basic: Seen people saying they played it before and are interested in getting this version too, myself included. 🤷‍♂️

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Archangel3371: 🤷‍♂️

Apparently it has online co-op which should be interesting lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Archangel3371  Online

@SolidGame_basic: Yep.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@dzimm said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@dzimm said:

I don't understand these criticisms. If you don't want it, then don't buy it. It's not complicated. There are plenty of other new and original games available for the system if that's what you want.

I've owned the Switch from day one (just like I owned the WiiU from about a week after launch) and it's my favorite Nintendo console since the SNES. The vast majority of the blockbuster games on the Switch that Nintendo is known for were on the WiiU... just because you or someone else didn't own a WiiU, play the games, or see past the fact that it's happening doesn't mean they are new games or that is isn't lazy. I know they are selling a shit load and probably don't see the point in it yet, but pretending as though that's not the case is delusional.

I'm sure they are trying to recoup money they thought they would make on the WiiU, and I'm happy for those people that didn't already play the hell out of these games... I just think it's funny when people defend it with any company, and Nintendo sure as hell doesn't get a free pass on this one. I feel the exact same way with both SONY and MS as well. I'm tired of all the remasters and remakes, especially with games that are only a few years old. It's all about profit margins and milking the fanbases which is shady as hell, especially with rising game prices and all time high profit margins in gaming across the board. Yes I am aware the game has Bowser's Fury which adds 3-4 hours of gameplay on average, but that's more of a $20 tack on and nowhere near a full game experience.

This isn't about being complicated or not understanding anything... it's quite the opposite as a matter of fact. People mainly buy Nintendo consoles for their 1st party blockbusters and when most of those are missing in a new capacity the question why needs to be asked at some point in time. It's not greed on a consumer level to say the least, and I'm sick of the bs corona virus excuse.

Super Mario Maker 2, Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Paper Mario: The Origami King (meh), Splatoon 2... I guess Mario Odyssey and Yoshi's Wooly World? Those last two aren't great in my opinion, but that's still only around 10 bigger games (I added a couple others like Bayonetta 3 in my tally there) in nearly 3 years with many notable games franchises or spinoffs missing. You also know that when a few of the biggest Nintendo fans on the board have been pissed over the last year or two that the exclusive games are largely missing that says a lot.. lol

People can have valid criticisms and still like a console or game. It's like most people think it's all or nothing and you can only have one or the other (sometimes I guess I forget where I am)... lol.. it's ridiculous. I praise what is worth praising and it's not ok that any of the 3 are skimping on software just because they get an easy free pass (which is nothing but a lame excuse).

Like I said before, I love the Switch but it is suffering the same fate for me right now as both the PS5 and my XBX (gunna get the XSX when I find one at a store). However, I understand the first year or so can be kind of rough but we are very quickly closing in on the 3 year mark (less that a month away).

I am looking forward to Monster Hunter Rise and I love my Switch, but acting as though the big franchises have shown up with new games just isn't true to this point for the most part. Some have, but let's not pretend I'm the only one that has noticed.

I've also noticed that both MS and SONY seemed to have given false release dates to get people to buy their new consoles and then pushed the vast majority of content back. Don't think this is me bashing Nintendo... this is an industry wide problem that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Just because sales are at an all time high right now doesn't mean they will stay that way if they keep up their current practices. History already showed what can happen if the quality isn't there and staying afloat on remasters is bs to those of us who bought the games already and can go and play them any time we wish. For those that are ok with it... well that's great, but it is ok to have a difference of opinion without "not getting it" aka "this guy has a difference of opinion, so I have to tell him why he's wrong"... lol.

You do you man, for me I see through the smoke and mirror tricks, and this coming from someone who strongly supports the industry and money isn't the concern here. These trends are very concerning and won't stop as long as people give them a free pass. (Note: This isn't about one game, this is about the state of the industry in general right now)

Sorry for the book, but I have a valid complaint here and it's not just some random Nintendo bashing like most other haters just trying to troll for no reason.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By WitIsWisdom
@SolidGame_basic said:

Am I the only one buying this and have played the original lol?

Just for the record for anyone wondering, I'm ok with people buying the game that have already played it. It's a great game and I understand supporting the games they like, especially if the Switch is their main console. My complaint wasn't about that it was more about the state of the industry as a whole.

There have to be other people out there that are sick of all the remasters/remakes. This isn't about just this one game. I rarely if ever buy remasters or remakes but to each their own (maybe other people don't keep their old consoles and games like I do.. lol).

Although I might (probably will) buy the Mass Effect trilogy remake, but that's mostly because I feel like 3 games at $20 each is a reasonable asking price.

Oh and Solid, sorry for quoting you, this isn't a direct response to you but more of a perfect post made by you to respond to on a broader scale. :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

I think the question: is the quality of the package worth $60? I thought the game on Wii U was worth it at the time, as the base game was packed with content and platforming fun. I'm aware most gamer's likely skipped out on the game because the Wii U was a failure. I don't plan on buying the game again but if you're in the camp of people that never got to play the game and you're asking is it worth buying? I say yes it is worth your time.

That question that I put out, is for folks like myself who have played the original game. The question in itself addresses this.

For those who experienced it and did all they wanted to do when it was on Wii U, full price will be a hard sell. Even with a short Bowser's Fury it's not overly compelling. Maybe if it were a substantial game rather than something similar to a moderate DLC, sure. If memory serves me right, it didn't sell overly well during its original launch compared with the numbers we are used to seeing with other Mario games pre and post Wii U title so that says a lot about its intended audience.

Nintendo has something most other gaming companies lack: Pedigree. Right or wrong, the company has it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Archangel3371: @WitIsWisdom:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Archangel3371  Online

@SolidGame_basic: Nice. 👍

I have a Best Buy gift card that I want to use so I’ll be getting my copy next week when they open up again from lockdown.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lundy86_4  Online

@xantufrog said:

@lundy86_4: my experience ordering a game from best buy was abysmal. It took forever. Which caught me totally off guard, because I've always looked then as a brick and mortar

I've only ordered a few times, but usually not too bad. The Pro was just a mess from what I can remember.

I mostly use Amazon now, as I pay for Prime in order to get PrimeVideo. Not that I particularly like just throwing money at the Amazon empire.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Archangel3371: add to my collection

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Got my copy today and put a few hours into it. The game is definitely excellent.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@SolidGame_basic said:

That poster is freaking awesome I can say that much for sure. They did a great job with the art on Bowser to say the least (and overall for that matter). Haters can hate when it comes to the Switch not having the power of the other consoles, but they sure as hell know how to get the best out of what they have. I may have to get the game eventually now just so I hang a poster in my basement.. I haven't played Bowser's Fury after all and that artwork is straight up awesome. :P

Good stuff, I hope you enjoy playing through it.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Already got the game, by preordering saved €10, but I've got to beat the last boss in Cyber Shadow before going for it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WitIsWisdom
@Solaryellow said:
@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

I think the question: is the quality of the package worth $60? I thought the game on Wii U was worth it at the time, as the base game was packed with content and platforming fun. I'm aware most gamer's likely skipped out on the game because the Wii U was a failure. I don't plan on buying the game again but if you're in the camp of people that never got to play the game and you're asking is it worth buying? I say yes it is worth your time.

That question that I put out, is for folks like myself who have played the original game. The question in itself addresses this.

For those who experienced it and did all they wanted to do when it was on Wii U, full price will be a hard sell. Even with a short Bowser's Fury it's not overly compelling. Maybe if it were a substantial game rather than something similar to a moderate DLC, sure. If memory serves me right, it didn't sell overly well during its original launch compared with the numbers we are used to seeing with other Mario games pre and post Wii U title so that says a lot about its intended audience.

Nintendo has something most other gaming companies lack: Pedigree. Right or wrong, the company has it.

Well put, I certainly can't argue with any of this and feel similarly towards the points you made. Nintendo just knows how to get things done the right way. I can't blame them for making money, but sometimes I wish remasters and remakes weren't as popular as they are. It's pretty clear their main audience is last gen since they skipped a gen between catching lightning in a bottle. I guess I'm just personally upset (cater to me damn it :P) that it feels this gen hasn't really gotten underway 3 years into their cycle... they are killing it though and have no reason to rush things, especially while the other two continue to shuffle their feet.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SolidGame_basic  Online
@WitIsWisdom said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

That poster is freaking awesome I can say that much for sure. They did a great job with the art on Bowser to say the least (and overall for that matter). Haters can hate when it comes to the Switch not having the power of the other consoles, but they sure as hell know how to get the best out of what they have. I may have to get the game eventually now just so I hang a poster in my basement.. I haven't played Bowser's Fury after all and that artwork is straight up awesome. :P

Good stuff, I hope you enjoy playing through it.

Lol, thanks man. It was a pre-order bonus from Gamestop, but I'm sure you can get a similar if not the same one somewhere else. I'm enjoying it. I'm surprised how much I remember all of the levels, even though it's been 7 years since I played it. I also forgot how short the game is. But I'm happy. Haven't tried the online multiplayer yet.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lundy86_4  Online

It's an hour up the highway, so with Canada Post, I may get it around Wednesday.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SolidGame_basic  Online

@lundy86_4: just use the GPS location and drive up next to the truck

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#90 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

The game is pretty interesting. I collected 40 shines.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lundy86_4  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lundy86_4: just use the GPS location and drive up next to the truck

It's Canada Post mate... They've barely heard of trucks.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#92 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

While it was short, it was a solid addition to the Mario series.

ShinM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ShinM
Member since 2020 • 35 Posts

IGN tried to sabotage the game for being a $60 port, glad i didn’t listen

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#94 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@shinm said:

IGN tried to sabotage the game for being a $60 port, glad i didn’t listen

Well, IGN is preaching to the choir with gaming forums to be fair...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#95 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I may pick this up. Ordinarily say "wait for a sale", but that's not a concept to Nintendo.

It happens, but it's rare. Best Buy US had a Mario sale on Mario's anniversary last year and I picked up NSMBU Del for $40.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Game wasn't that great I tried it out felt really casual and dumb downed compared to Mario 64 or mario 3 an stuff. Bowsers Fury was better but no triple jump and jumping feels floaty compared to Mario 64 and like buttons do the same shit I don't like it much.

Probably won't finish it even I'd rather just play more mario 64.

this is the better game IMO better for casuals and hardcore more techniques no floaty jumps like mario galaxy

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Been playing it, I'm enjoying it. Pretty chill and varied, even managed to convince my girl to play with me for a bit.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#98 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Say what you want, Super Mario 3D World is a great game, and Bowser's Fury is a nice bonus. Or is it the other way around, that Bowser's Fury is a great game, and Super Mario 3D World is the bonus?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@ProtossRushX:

Yeah, Nintendo has a weird approach to 3d Mario games.

On one side you have your more open course games. SM64, SMS, SMO. And in those games they let you go crazy with a deeper set of mechanics.

Or the more linear obstacle course games. SMG, SMG2, SM3DW. Laser focused level design, but way toned down mechanically. Much less room to style and git gud.

Generally works fine in that either level design or mechanics will be star of the show. But 3D World is the one game they took it a bit too far. Still some excellent level design, but those mechanics are so damn limited. And even the level design rarely matches SMG2's best.

All a byproduct of wanting to have a multiplayer 3d Mario game I suppose. Imagine local mp with the mechanics n stages of other 3d Mario games, really wouldn't work.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online

@ConanTheStoner:

I'm enjoying Super Mario 3D World my second time around. I think the movement boost really helps. Not sure why it didn't occur to me back then, but this really is Super Mario 3D Land with co-op lol. Overall, really tight and fun, no putzing around like Odyssey. I do want to play through Odyssey again some day though, just to be fair. I still have New Super Mario Bros to play. This game seems like a better version of New Super Mario Bros lol. I don't know man, there's really not a whole lot to not like about this game. It's fun. Mario 64 is great though. Just can't really see using it as a reason to dislike this game lol.