street fighter V & Rise of tombraider...big games on pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Held high as reasons to own a ps4 & xbone but now in a few weeks both will just be another game on pc...what happen to consoles this gen? Why do people have to choose between consoles just build a pc... you wont miss out on much

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 granddogg

@aigis: and have about 90% the same games aleast on pc you have more choices

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Nothing happened to consoles, it's that PCs got more popular which helps bring in revenue. Companies aren't looking at it as a way to take away to consoles but rather to give to PC.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@granddogg: get a console and a pc in case you want to play a WB game?

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 granddogg

@Blabadon: i can get behind that

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Also No Man's Sky and probably Quantum Break.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@granddogg said:

Held high as reasons to own a ps4 & xbone but now in a few weeks both will just be another game on pc...what happen to consoles this gen? Why do people have to choose between consoles just build a pc... you wont miss out on much

Some will say hey a console for living room and pc for work and minor quick gaming. And of course for those console games that never come to pc. You will technically still play both games on ps4 and you could have played Tombraider on Xboxone already. So a console and pc is the way to go until the day consoles die.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

That's great, but the best games of each generation tend to be multiplatform, console only and console exclusives. No one needs a PC no more than anyone needs a console depending on their gaming presences.

PC is the best choice for multiplatform games but not so much for high profile exclusives and If you find a console that has a great combination of both and non PC games that aren't available on other consoles then it's easy choice to pick the more affordable console platforms.

Case in point.

Loading Video...

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I can't find Rise of Tombraider listed anywhere on amazon.... Anyone know if theres going to be a physical copy version on the PC? I can't be downloading 30+ gb games on my connection since its got very limited bandwidth.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@aigis said:

@granddogg: get a console and a pc in case you want to play a WB game?

Both Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor run far better on PC than console. Even Batman runs better on PC now, apart from some water droplets but that may have been fixed as well. If Batman released on consoles the way it was on PC it would never have been pulled from sale, intead they'd have came out with "we'll fix it, for now deal with it".

That leaves MKX, which I have absolutely no idea on whether it's runs well on PC or not, I did hear it was bad when it first launched though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Nothing happened to consoles, it's that PCs got more popular which helps bring in revenue. Companies aren't looking at it as a way to take away to consoles but rather to give to PC.

PC gets more games > PC gets more popular > PC gets more games > etc.

But which one was first ? You claim PC got more popular, but it could be the other way around. As you have no way to back up what you said.

Most likely PC was always very popular, but spread out, and stores like Steam managed to concentrate a lot of gamers. Getting a lot of interest from other Publishers, who saw the amount of gamers on Steam and revenue made on Steam.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@Yams1980 said:

I can't find Rise of Tombraider listed anywhere on amazon.... Anyone know if theres going to be a physical copy version on the PC? I can't be downloading 30+ gb games on my connection since its got very limited bandwidth.

Just searched a local game store to confirm what I thought: but yes, ROTTR is definitely getting a physical copy release on PC.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I own both a PC and PS4 so I win. There are still those exclusives that never make their way to PC and you still need a console for.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

for me its always pc first because pc has more games and better exclusive games in my opinion.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:

for me its always pc first because pc has more games and better exclusive games in my opinion.

True to your name,what a surprise.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thepclovingguy

@MonsieurX said:
@thepclovingguy said:

True to your name,what a surprise.

so what? I dont hate console players, I have even created a thread suggesting that we should bring more rts games to console

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham Knight

@GarGx1 Whatever Issues users had at Launch it's not even the case for the game anymore. There's some screen tearing, but the game is pretty consistent on frame rate.

Regardless WB is not planning on supporting the game further than what we have now for it, so no GGPO style netcode and no Kombat Pack 2 so it's HIGHLY recommended to not buy a PC version now.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@casharmy said:

That's great, but the best games of each generation tend to be multiplatform, console only and console exclusives. No one needs a PC no more than anyone needs a console depending on their gaming presences.

PC is the best choice for multiplatform games but not so much for high profile exclusives and If you find a console that has a great combination of both and non PC games that aren't available on other consoles then it's easy choice to pick the more affordable console platforms.

Case in point.

Loading Video...

case in point..what? Are you trying to say that this list is somehow proof that there aren't any worth while PC exclusives in 2016?

saying that there are no "high profile" PC titles is the same as saying there are no PC titles that have millions of dollars in marketing campaigns. It says nothing about the quality of the game in question.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I just buy all the systems. No worries.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx

@lundy86_4 said:

I just buy all the systems. No worries.

only one im not getting is an Wii U. I hate feeling limited when it comes gaming

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@lawlessx: WiiU was a difficult purchase.It's expensive, and there are a number of decent games for it, but they aren't all appealing. Mine is basically a Xenoblade machine, and i'm good with it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lawlessx

@lundy86_4 said:

@lawlessx: WiiU was a difficult purchase.It's expensive, and there are a number of decent games for it, but they aren't all appealing. Mine is basically a Xenoblade machine, and i'm good with it.

Xenoblade is the only game i would buy for it,but sadly i can't afford to get a console for a single title.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

this is why I have switched from consoles to pc this gen, the 1st party exclusives are not nearly enough for me to justify buying a console, and it seems that if it is not made by either microsoft/sony/nintendo than it will wind up on pc at some point.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, inFAMOUS, MLB The Show, God Of War IV, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Destiny, Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit Become Human, Gran Turismo Sport, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Call Of Duty, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K(the last 4 have much bigger on console)

That is enough reasons to own a PS4 right there. I think the average consumer buys less than 10 games in generation...

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Blabadon said:

PC gets more games > PC gets more popular > PC gets more games > etc.

But which one was first ? You claim PC got more popular, but it could be the other way around. As you have no way to back up what you said.

Most likely PC was always very popular, but spread out, and stores like Steam managed to concentrate a lot of gamers. Getting a lot of interest from other Publishers, who saw the amount of gamers on Steam and revenue made on Steam.

Why not both?

Genres that are PC-specific will naturally keep coming to PC, and some companies like Crytek will make games like Crysis that immediately draw attention from gamers all around. At the same time, graphics cards like the GT 8800 became both affordable and powerful allowing more people to transition to the PC, meaning more money for publishers that post their PC games.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I'm double dipping on both so there is no issue there.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

I own a PC and PS4.. I don't worry.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lawlessx

@makemefamous07 said:

Sony loves PC now since they love sharing games with them more then ever. SF5/ No mans sky/ FF7/ Shenmue 3/ Helldivers/ Hellblade/ FF14 Realm Reborn/ Rocket League/ Kojimas game 2020 etc etc ALL on PC. So Sony has started to adapt to PC this generation so thats big since u usually never saw games be on PC that use to be on PS only lol

But what games are there on PC that is exclusive? Only 2 games i can think of is that weirdo Guild Wars crap & Starcraft. Everything else went to consoles like Overwatch which is a big title loss for PC. Neverwinter/ Smite/ Witcher 2 & 3/ FEAR trilogy/ Crysis trilogy/ Half life 2/ Team Fortress 2/ Portal 2/ Doom 3 & 4/ Quake 3/ Killing Floor 2/ Sims 3/ Pets. So PC lost lots of its exclusives and these are big titles so there u go.

this is why i keep coming back here..good entertainment.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#31 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Why is it so hard to understand that only people who read PC Gaming, and internet forums give a shit. Why are PC gamers every so often asking in a thread "why not just build a PC?" when its been proven throughout history that preference follows no logical reasoning and never needs to be justified.

"Your own counsel do you keep on all matters of your life, but remember to allow such for all others"-God.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@cainetao11: Being angry won't stop PC being the best. Accept this fact and move on.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

PC is not a competitor to consoles. PC is PC. The only competition is between the consoles and PC gamers try to be relevant.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cainetao11

@uninspiredcup said:

@cainetao11: Being angry won't stop PC being the best. Accept this fact and move on.

I play games fella. On anything, which includes a pretty decent rig. Projecting emotions is all the answer you have in the face of what I said. "Best" will always be assessed for the individual, by the individual.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@cainetao11: But PC being best is a fact.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cainetao11

@uninspiredcup said:

@cainetao11: But PC being best is a fact.

Than why are you wasting time on this?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

A lot of games this generation are "Coming to Xbox One and PC" or "Coming to PlayStation and PC".

Microsoft and Sony are fighting over who gets the "console exclusive" while we have PC over here saying; "Eh, I still get them all."

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Blabadon said:

Why not both?

Genres that are PC-specific will naturally keep coming to PC, and some companies like Crytek will make games like Crysis that immediately draw attention from gamers all around. At the same time, graphics cards like the GT 8800 became both affordable and powerful allowing more people to transition to the PC, meaning more money for publishers that post their PC games.

Yes, lots of factors leads to the success the PC currently has.

But it's hard to put into numbers how much PC gamers there were and how much there are now.

For example: Steam player numbers keep on rising, but are all of those people new to PC gaming, or do they just now make the switch to steam?

But I don't think it wrong in saying PC gaming is more popular now. Thanks to: the long gen last gen made people switch, affordable hardware like you said, more publishers taking interest. And now the trend I'm seeing most of all: huge interest from Japanese gaming companies.

I'd never imagine games like Dark Souls, Disgaea or Danganronpa to be on the platform, but they are now.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thepclovingguy

@makemefamous07 said:

Sony loves PC now since they love sharing games with them more then ever. SF5/ No mans sky/ FF7/ Shenmue 3/ Helldivers/ Hellblade/ FF14 Realm Reborn/ Rocket League/ Kojimas game 2020 etc etc ALL on PC. So Sony has started to adapt to PC this generation so thats big since u usually never saw games be on PC that use to be on PS only lol

But what games are there on PC that is exclusive? Only 2 games i can think of is that weirdo Guild Wars crap & Starcraft. Everything else went to consoles like Overwatch which is a big title loss for PC. Neverwinter/ Smite/ Witcher 2 & 3/ FEAR trilogy/ Crysis trilogy/ Half life 2/ Team Fortress 2/ Portal 2/ Doom 3 & 4/ Quake 3/ Killing Floor 2/ Sims 3/ Pets. So PC lost lots of its exclusives and these are big titles so there u go.

So what about total war, civilisation, heart of iron, star citizen, battlefleet gothic, dreadnought, mount and blade 1 and the upcomming number 2, xcom and so on. You are nothing more than a blind console fanboy. Just look at steam how many exclusive games we have on pc and I am not talking about tiny indie games, but actual largly anticipated games. The fact is pc has not only way more games, but also new innovative games. We dont have to play the same garbage every year, while you console guys are forced to play basicly the same shooting gallery game over and over again

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@aigis: Here is why.

You end up feeling like you wasted money on something you seldom use. Money that could have been spent on future PC upgrades.

This is exactly how I felt last gen, I had the XB360 and PS4 on launch and all they did was collect dust until another "hugely anticipated AAA exclusive you cant play anywhere else" came out only to leave me feeling extremely underwhelmed and disappointed.

I ended up giving both consoles to my nephew and always felt like I wasted money on them that I could have spent upgrading my PC, the platform that has never disappointed me in 20+ years. The last console that kept me playing for long periods was the Dreamcast and every console I owned before it. Consoles today just dont offer enough that you cant get more of on PC (except good boxing games!!) and that is why I decided for the first time in my life that I would not be buying any more consoles for my self; Its been more than 2 years since they released now and from what I have seen of them, I am glad I made that choice.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

PC has a great exclusive feature: it can play "console exclusives".

List time:

• The Witness
  • Hellblade
  • SFV
  • Gears of War UE
  • Recore
  • Killer Instinct
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Halo Wars 2
  • D4
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Ryse
  • Ori and the Blind Forast
  • RotTR
  • Helldivers
  • Cuphead
  • Fable Legends

AND MANY MORE.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

No thanks. I'll be playing Street Fighter 5 on PS4 like 90% of other players. Not hunched over some desk trying to do hadukens with a mouse lol!

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thepclovingguy

@Pray_to_me said:

No thanks. I'll be playing Street Fighter 5 on PS4 like 90% of other players. Not hunched over some desk trying to do hadukens with a mouse lol!

Seriously, you dont have to use mouse on pc, inform yourself before making such stupid statements. But what can I expect from a person like you who doesnt know anything about choice.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Tomb Raider will sell more on PC if thats what you mean. TR 2013 has like 3.5 million sales on Steamspy. SFIV has less than a million.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

+

@Pray_to_me said:

kay

and i'll be playing the game at 4k~60fps on my 55" TV using an x1 controller

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thepclovingguy

@makemefamous07 said:

@thepclovingguy Just stating the facts little man. No need to be butt hurt over all those 20+ PC games that went to consoles lol. Shhh remember share & share alike lol. We have 20+ PC games on consoles so im just stating the fact that PC lost alot of exclusvies. as well & these are Triple A titles as well so there u go lol

so what we still have a lot more exclusive games,