Stop hating on Halo 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts

This forum is full of people bashing Halo 3 because "it's the same as the first two." All i have to say is "Of course it is!"

Think about it, if the first two games were big successes,you would stick with the same thing but add some things to it.They've found the formula for success and are going to stick with it. And if your going to say Halo 3 is the same thing as the first two, what about all the other games with sequels? Like the old saying goes, "If it aint broke don't fix it"

p.s. I'm too sexy for my shirt

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming out
Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Overthrow
Member since 2004 • 7025 Posts

1. A lot of people didn't like the original Halo formula.
2. Look up the term "rehash."

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
Some sequels are better than others.
TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts
They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Let's make a deal. We stop complaining about Halo, you guys stop making picture threads aimed at sheep"? Deal or no deal???
macabalony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 macabalony
Member since 2005 • 1526 Posts
I think that is a sheild becuase really no other game has broken the gamer/non gamer barrier. I mean 8 years ago when a chick played video games it was weird, now it's acceptable and i think halo has SOMETHING (NOTICE NOT ALL YOU FRIGGEN FANBOYS) to do with that.
Also Halo has found succes, the first one was a great co-op and the second was an online god, it will be interesting to see where the third one will go
Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Overthrow

Well gee, you guys can bash Zelda and FF all you want, but the series are awesome and you're just jealous.

See what I did there?

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outGzus666

Because we've seen the finished and graphically superior single player right? Halo 3 will stand toe to toe with the best shooter this year, count on it.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
And we haven't even seen what's in store for Halo 3 yet. I mean, look at all the other games, FF, MGS, and even SMP. They're all the same! Atleast Halo is a little different each game.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Well said. The HALO3 beta was an excellent little morsel for what should be a sumptuous banquet.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
I think that people are seeing through the crud and are realising that Halo 3 is nothing more than the same old, same old except with a shiny new coat of paint, new maps and some new gear and vehicles. The gameplay hasnt evolved at all and Imo shows Bungie has gotten lazy. The campaign better deliver big time or Halo 3 will bomb!!Imo, UT 3, CoD 4, HAZE, Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3 are all going to be more fun than Halo 3!!!
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

Lots of games are bashed, FF, Zelda, MGS, God of War, Ninja Gaiden...

its not gonna stop

Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Overthrow

I think that is a sheild becuase really no other game has broken the gamer/non gamer barrier. I mean 8 years ago when a chick played video games it was weird, now it's acceptable and i think halo has SOMETHING (NOTICE NOT ALL YOU FRIGGEN FANBOYS) to do with that.
Also Halo has found succes, the first one was a great co-op and the second was an online god, it will be interesting to see where the third one will go
macabalony

WOW. You think Halo broke the gender barrier? I have not once met a girl who plays Halo or is even interested in shooters. If anything, the Sims was the first big breakthrough, and the Wii is now breaking down any remains.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
The only good thing that will come out of halo 3 is its singleplayer. It will probley be fun ike the first(hopefully) and it will sum up the series. Its multiplayer will be like number 2, it just has better graphics. This is a fact according to beta testers and websites who played it.
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DuDisNow

[QUOTE="macabalony"]I think that is a sheild becuase really no other game has broken the gamer/non gamer barrier. I mean 8 years ago when a chick played video games it was weird, now it's acceptable and i think halo has SOMETHING (NOTICE NOT ALL YOU FRIGGEN FANBOYS) to do with that.
Overthrow

WOW. You think Halo broke the gender barrier? I have not once met a girl who plays Halo or is even interested in shooters. If anything, the Sims was the first big breakthrough, and the Wii is now breaking down any remains.

Dude, it's cool when girls play Halo. It proves that they're for everyone, not just guys. And Halo 3 will be probably the Game of the Year
macabalony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 macabalony

[QUOTE="macabalony"]I think that is a sheild becuase really no other game has broken the gamer/non gamer barrier. I mean 8 years ago when a chick played video games it was weird, now it's acceptable and i think halo has SOMETHING (NOTICE NOT ALL YOU FRIGGEN FANBOYS) to do with that.
Overthrow

It has something to do with it
But really yes sims and the Wii is doing very well

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gzus666

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outBansheesdie

Because we've seen the finished and graphically superior single player right? Halo 3 will stand toe to toe with the best shooter this year, count on it.

because graphics always jump 3 fold in a few months? if the engine was capable of those amazing graphics, they would have shown them. Crysis will be the best shooter this year in terms of pure graphics/physics etc. it will not be able to lick the boots of crysis.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DuDisNow
They have a movie special effects company working on the graphics, so they will be better.
Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Overthrow
[QUOTE="Overthrow"]

DuDisNow

Dude, it's cool when girls play Halo. It proves that they're for everyone, not just guys. And Halo 3 will be probably the Game of the Year

I guess you can call it "cool," but the girls who play Halo were already part of the Secret Rare breed of gamer girls. The game didn't do much in breaking barriers. Case in point, people who don't like shooters and video games still didn't like Halo.

KrAcKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KrAcKK
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.TemplaerDude

Agree 100%. Halo is unreal, and after playing the Halo 3 Beta, it is going to be the best FPS of all time in my opinion.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gzus666

They have a movie special effects company working on the graphics, so they will be better.DuDisNow

kinda like their kickass animation department? they get a bunch of fat guys rolling around on mats, thats astounding. this game will be a disappointment, get used to it.

macabalony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 macabalony
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outGzus666

because graphics always jump 3 fold in a few months? if the engine was capable of those amazing graphics, they would have shown them. Crysis will be the best shooter this year in terms of pure graphics/physics etc. it will not be able to lick the boots of crysis.

But you have seen how Halo 2 went over, I still have, after two years of release, like two or three friends only my FL on XBL that plays halo 2 faithfully. Right now, Crysis might just kick ass and being that killer APP, but a year down the road halo 3 will still be there, and people will still play it despite the other random games that the PC has to offer

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DuDisNow

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]They have a movie special effects company working on the graphics, so they will be better.Gzus666

kinda like their kickass animation department? they get a bunch of fat guys rolling around on mats, thats astounding. this game will be a disappointment, get used to it.

Coming from a cow
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gzus666

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.KrAcKK

Agree 100%. Halo is unreal, and after playing the Halo 3 Beta, it is going to be the best FPS of all time in my opinion.

and obviously such an unbiased opinion. please, youre probably a preteen who has only played a few FPS. Halo 1 was good, Halo 2 was worse, Halo 3 is going to blow.

EvilZero86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EvilZero86
Member since 2005 • 324 Posts
The difference with this Halo is....its supposed to be next gen. Its not. It doesn't standout from the others very much. and thats a shame being a next gen game but not next gen. They need to just wrap this series up...
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"]

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]They have a movie special effects company working on the graphics, so they will be better.DuDisNow

Coming from a cow

interesting since i mostly play my computer. last 3 games i bought were Company of Heroes, Neverwinter nights 2, and Medeviel 2. you cant deny they use fat guys rolling to make their animations, go to gametrailers, they show it. thats a piss poor job of animation, they have plenty of money to make good animations with motion capture, they are just being cheap.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DuDisNow
[QUOTE="KrAcKK"]

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.Gzus666

and obviously such an unbiased opinion. please, youre probably a preteen who has only played a few FPS. Halo 1 was good, Halo 2 was worse, Halo 3 is going to blow.

Halo=Revolutionary, Halo 2=Masterpiece, Halo 3=Epic. You are a cow or a sheep...go away.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I actually heard quite a few women and girls on HALO3 beta. No fooling!
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="KrAcKK"]

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.DuDisNow

Halo=Revolutionary, Halo 2=Masterpiece, Halo 3=Epic. You are a cow or a sheep...go away.

How was Halo revolutionary?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outBansheesdie

with? what is the best shooter?

Mrcod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mrcod11
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts
[QUOTE="DuDisNow"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="KrAcKK"]

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.Shad0ki11

As far as console FPS games go, Halo was quite a step up. Even non-lemmings must realize that.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DuDisNow

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.Shad0ki11

Best launch game ever that won a lot of awards including from most gaming industries Game of the Year.
EvilZero86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EvilZero86
Member since 2005 • 324 Posts

And we haven't even seen what's in store for Halo 3 yet. I mean, look at all the other games, FF, MGS, and even SMP. They're all the same! Atleast Halo is a little different each game.DuDisNow

Are you serious? I dunno bout the other games but MGS, you lost your marbles.

Mrcod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mrcod11
Member since 2003 • 3059 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"][QUOTE="DuDisNow"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="KrAcKK"]

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.DuDisNow

Best launch game ever that won a lot of awards including from most gaming industries Game of the Year.

Don't go that far. Super Mario 64 > Halo, as a launch title.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DuDisNow
Oh please. the gameplay is the same which makes it great! I'm not bashing on it.
macabalony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 macabalony
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="KrAcKK"]

Although i like the halo series i don't think Halo 1 was a revolution, it was pure genius and so was Halo 2, Halo 3 is going to quite epic, 4 player co-op and online, and that theater thingy/

BOTTOM LINE: If the score of Halo 3 is anything lower than a 9.4, between september 25 and December 25 this forum is going to spammed with OMG OMG HALO 3 TEH SUCKS@!!!!!
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

That was a joke right? It's gotta be a joke because it's the most ridiculous comment I have read yet. Halo 3 will be blown out of the water and so will many other FPS by a game called Crysis. Sure Halo 3 will sell more, but Crysis is a technological powerhouse that cannot be matched by any console. How can you call the graphics of Halo 3 superior? It's Halo 2 graphics with pixel shaders upscaled to 1080i.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outmacabalony

But you have seen how Halo 2 went over, I still have, after two years of release, like two or three friends only my FL on XBL that plays halo 2 faithfully. Right now, Crysis might just kick ass and being that killer APP, but a year down the road halo 3 will still be there, and people will still play it despite the other random games that the PC has to offer

You really dont htink crysis will last long? Your a fool. Its mod community is already huge, and is going to be even bigger, probley the size of half life 2's, maybe even bigger. PC games always last long, and by the previews of crysis' online, it will last nice and long also.

You point about having a few friends who still play halo 2 stil is flawed. I still know people who play startcraft faithfully, and they have been playing it for over 5 years. I can say the same for counter strike.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Sora

[QUOTE="TemplaerDude"]They can bash it all they want, the series is awesome and they're jelous.macabalony

Although i like the halo series i don't think Halo 1 was a revolution, it was pure genius and so was Halo 2, Halo 3 is going to quite epic, 4 player co-op and online, and that theater thingy/

BOTTOM LINE: If the score of Halo 3 is anything lower than a 9.4, between september 25 and December 25 this forum is going to spammed with OMG OMG HALO 3 TEH SUCKS@!!!!![/QUOTE]

i dont think it will be up in flames if it gets 9.0 under the new rating system

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DuDisNow
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outdream431ca

That was a joke right? It's gotta be a joke because it's the most ridiculous comment I have read yet. Halo 3 will be blown out of the water and so will many other FPS by a game called Crysis. Sure Halo 3 will sell more, but Crysis is a technological powerhouse that cannot be matched by any console. How can you call the graphics of Halo 3 superior? It's Halo 2 graphics with pixel shaders upscaled to 1080i.

Again, a movie company of special effects is working on it. Don't be so harsh when you haven't even seen or played it yet.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shad0ki11

And that makes a game revolutionary?

Halo was a great game, but by no means was it revolutionary.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

because graphics always jump 3 fold in a few months? if the engine was capable of those amazing graphics, they would have shown them. Crysis will be the best shooter this year in terms of pure graphics/physics etc. it will not be able to lick the boots of crysis.Gzus666

http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2006/318/926632_20061115_screen001.jpg - That is a single player screen taken in November of last year. That screen looks about twice as good as the multiplayer.

Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Overthrow

That does not qualify "revolutionary." The statement itself is arguable.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Again, a movie company of special effects is working on it. Don't be so harsh when you haven't even seen or played it yet.DuDisNow

how exactly is CGI going to help ingame graphics?

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because eventually the same crap gets old. the graphics are not the amazing graphics we were shown and told they would be. its an overrated game at this point. this game will be overshadowed by many other great shooters coming outdream431ca

cause he is a kid, did you not notice how he said Halo was the best FPS ever? most people who have actually played others would say, lets say, Quake, which was a revolution, or Duke Nukem 3D, another revolution, or Half Life, revolution again. but no, he says Halo, cause he is 12, and thats the only FPS he has ever played.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Sora

And that makes a game revolutionary?

Halo was a great game, but by no means was it revolutionary.

Shad0ki11

the first halo was revolutionary, you might nothave thought so but the critics did.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

People wouldn't hate on it if it wasn't more popular than their favorite franchise.

But alas it is, so alas they do.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gzus666

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]because graphics always jump 3 fold in a few months? if the engine was capable of those amazing graphics, they would have shown them. Crysis will be the best shooter this year in terms of pure graphics/physics etc. it will not be able to lick the boots of crysis.Bansheesdie

http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2006/318/926632_20061115_screen001.jpg - That is a single player screen taken in November of last year. That screen looks about twice as good as the multiplayer.

since thats not gameplay, why do i care? last i checked you dont play the game in a front view, its a BS CGI photo.