Star Wars: Knights of the Fallen Empire

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

Basically a expansion of SWTOR that takes the story to the next generation. This will be far bigger expansion than the last. Level cap will be 65, and you can jump in with a level 60 character.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-star-wars-the-old-republic-knights-of-the-fallen-empire-announced

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 texasgoldrush

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/home

Really what SWTOR needs.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan were decent expansions, but it did seem that things were getting stale and a change of pace was needed.

So this changes the game storywise in how SWTOR will be formatted. No more class stories, your character becomes the outlander. Not having to worry about interfering with other class stories, your decisions matter more. So they want to go back to old KOTOR style storytelling. No more factions, the new Empire destroyed both the Republic and the Sith Empire. So this is a complete overhaul.

Also more pronounced plan of episodic content, also Lana Beniko is coming back, and more companion content (which was lacking in the expansions), so it is a kick that SWTOR needed. It was growing stale.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

Id rather a single player focused game... This game never stood a chance with me because they wanted my money every month. Then it just became a forgotten thing. I love Bioware, but I don't have even a single itch to scratch when it comes to mmo's

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@TheEroica: My roomate tells me it is free to play and worth playing through alone (he hates MMOs too) Might be worth a look even if you play it "single player" style.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

@locopatho: ok, so question... Is there an actual mode where people in the game kinda **** off so I can play without someone dancing in the corner or running around common areas? And the story... Is it disjointed without other people?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@locopatho said:

@TheEroica: My roomate tells me it is free to play and worth playing through alone (he hates MMOs too) Might be worth a look even if you play it "single player" style.

It's been free 2 play for a long time now and the 'single' player game was first class. It's not until you reach end game content that you really need to think about grouping up. It's definitely worth considering and has got me tempted to re-install it once this releases.

You can still subscribe and with that you get all content. Free 2 play is a bit like getting 85% of the game with certain activities (space combat and PVP are two examples) having restricted use, at least that's the way it was the last time I played, over a year ago..

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

lmao shitty bioware

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@TheEroica:I still haven't played it myself but it is proper story with cutscenes and all, and as far as I know you can get instanced worlds by yourself. They'll probably feel a bit weird and empty but that's what you (and me if I ever play it :P) want. I watched him play a few times and never saw any MMO silliness except when he went back to town.

@GarGx1: Cheers, thanks for the further detail. Could you confirm to instance thing as well? I'm not 100% on that.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Not worth slogging through terrible gameplay (by MMO standards) even if the story's decent.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@locopatho: You get class instances for each one in all the zones, but these are spread through the open world maps.

I pretty much solo'd all the way through the story missions to max level with 5 character classes. You get companions that cover complementary classes to your own, they unlock as you play through the stories, it's actually really well done and most of the story missions are different for each class.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 texasgoldrush

@TheEroica said:

Id rather a single player focused game... This game never stood a chance with me because they wanted my money every month. Then it just became a forgotten thing. I love Bioware, but I don't have even a single itch to scratch when it comes to mmo's

You can play it as a single player game and this expansion shifts the direction more towards storytelling than checking MMO boxes.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

This reminds me of Rome.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 texasgoldrush

Wow, the companion cast looks great and subversive.

Lana Beniko, a fan favorite character, will finally be a companion. She is a light sided Sith Inquisitor.

You will get a dark sided Jedi (Knight?), a fallen general, an idealist enforcer of justice, and HK-55, who looks to be far less sociopathic than older models.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Cool, the story stuff was always the most interesting stuff for SWTOR. Having a stronger focus on lame MMO quests and game modes was always a turn off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

I always liked playing the game, but stopped because it got a bit tedious. I always played every side-quest in each world, and after 2-3 worlds it got boring. Should've sticked to the main quest

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Is there anything they show off other than the story?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasgoldrush

@FastRobby said:

I always liked playing the game, but stopped because it got a bit tedious. I always played every side-quest in each world, and after 2-3 worlds it got boring. Should've sticked to the main quest

Now you can with the 12x XP boost. Just play the main quest.

The expansion will focus more on story as well.

Also unlike other MMOs, the expansion is FREE to subscribers, as is all additional content.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 texasgoldrush

Some more info

At the start of this storyline, your character is frozen in carbonite. This will allow the story to advance with the Eternals conquering the Republic and the Sith Empire.

The companion system is vastly different. No longer is the player forced to take on companions he or she doesn't want. There will be new companions and returning ones as well, and your decisions matter in their recruitment or not.

One storyline, but class still matters in quests and companions. You may meet other classes' companions as well. The story diverges based on your choices and allegiance

The writer of the Imperial Agent story will write some chapters in the game. Disney and LucasFilm are working with Bioware on the game, which makes it clueless why this isn't canon.

Bioware described this as the KOTOR games meet Empire Strikes Back meets Mass Effect, It will be one of the darkest Star Wars stories.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@FastRobby said:

Also unlike *most* other MMOs, the expansion is FREE to subscribers, as is all additional content.

Fix'd. EvE Online does the same thing as well. I honestly wonder why no one else picked up that model, it is extremely consumer friendly. And BioWare should be commended for doing it. It would be funny if this free expansion pack offered more content than Warlords of Draenor. It will already contain more content than Guild Wars 2's 50 expansion supposedly only containing 3 zones for sure.

12x XP? maybe I might as well return to the game and just do the storyline stuff.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@FastRobby said:

Also unlike *most* other MMOs, the expansion is FREE to subscribers, as is all additional content.

Fix'd. EvE Online does the same thing as well. I honestly wonder why no one else picked up that model, it is extremely consumer friendly. And BioWare should be commended for doing it. It would be funny if this free expansion pack offered more content than Warlords of Draenor. It will already contain more content than Guild Wars 2's 50 expansion supposedly only containing 3 zones for sure.

12x XP? maybe I might as well return to the game and just do the storyline stuff.

Bioware is doing this to not segregate players.

I do not think at launch it will offer more than Warlords of Dreanor, but after all the episodes are released, I think it will. It will also be a harder reboot as well, also with enhancements to the old game.

I just wonder if they will "World of Ruin" the thing if you move to the expansion, keeping you from older content once Lana Beniko and Koth Vortena free you from carbonite and the new faction takes over.

Boy...WoW sucks now....the leveling aspect is so dated. I think SWTOR and The Secret World are the best leveling experiences on the market.