Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order hype is real!!!

• 60 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56399 Posts

First, it was Mandalorian 2nd trailer release yesterday and now it's Jedi Fallen Order turn, what a great time to be a Star Wars fan this November! Respawn has been working hard to deliver their latest AA game and it's one of the Star Wars single player game I'm looking forward to the most. (Sorry Death Stranding)

Sorry Episode 9, I don't even know who you are anymore :(

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13102 Posts

@davillain- said:
Loading Video...

First, it was Mandalorian 2nd trailer release yesterday and now it's Jedi Fallen Order turn, what a great time to be a Star Wars fan this November! Respawn has been working hard to deliver their latest AA game and it's one of the Star Wars single player game I'm looking forward to the most. (Sorry Death Stranding)

Sorry Episode 9, I don't even know who you are anymore :(

The trailer is sick. The only thing that prevents me from buying this game is the difficulty. I am not good at souls games, and apparently this is also pretty difficult.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59310 Posts

"Moderately ok looking, hopefully not as bad as Battlefont 2"

- Toxic Gamers

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Honestly this is the first game with an EA badge on it that I have been excited for since Dragon Age Inquisition.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator

@x_hedon: Don't feel bad. I played all the Dark Soul games and even I'm not good at it but at the same time, it's all about reflexes and timing. At least the Force is on my side :)

@uninspiredcup said:

- Toxic Gamers

Yeah? Good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44535 Posts

I’m pretty hyped for this game myself. I really liked what I’ve seen so far and Respawn has a really solid track record in my opinion.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@x_hedon: I heard it's pretty easy on normal mode.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11815 Posts

It's also going to be the first of EA's new games to be put on Steam.

On a side note: I've never seen Star Wars don't feel like it anytime soon

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@davillain-: Yeah Im pretty excited for a good star wars jedi game. It has a good dev so Im positive on it but we'll see.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KvallyX

@r-gamer said:

@x_hedon: I heard it's pretty easy on normal mode.

Well, I hope that is the case. It's REALLY HARD for me to turn down a Star Wars game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Calling an 8 here.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25059 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

- Toxic Gamers

Its coming to steam

plus its going to be best star wars game ever made. simply because all of them suck before.

dark force 2 was good for its time but now dated. jedi outcast and republic commando were bad. so was KOTOR was overrated.

I think star wars doesnot suit FPS because guns in star wars are just some wierd laser pew pew gun. infact republic commando feel like bad halo game with squad mechanics.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59310 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

its going to be best star wars game ever made. simply because all of them suck before.

Yep.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46648 Posts

Yeah I'm still into Star Wars, bring it on!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its going to be best star wars game ever made. simply because all of them suck before.

Yep.

My favourite one is either Jedi Knight 2 or Republic Commando.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58498 Posts

Good good good.

Could use a nice, single-player, story-driven Star Wars game, hopefully free of microtransactions (or at least not have the store in-game and in your face screaming BUY MORE SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!)

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1562 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Good good good.

Could use a nice, single-player, story-driven Star Wars game, hopefully free of microtransactions (or at least not have the store in-game and in your face screaming BUY MORE SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!)

I don't think Respawn/EA are lying when they say Jedi Fallen Order will not have microtransaction/loot boxes and won't be added after launch. Disney probably doesn't want anymore bad PR after Battlefront 2 disaster. Episode 9 is just around the corner, not that I care about the movie myself.

Also Respawn using Unreal Engine 4 not Frostbite Engine. Frostbite Engine is rumored to be partially to blame for Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda being so buggy and the cancellation of Visceral Star War game and closer of the studio.

I think Jedi Fallen Order looks good and plain on buying next year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@x_hedon: I forgot to tell you this. Jedi Fallen Order will have 4 difficulty like:

1. Story/Easy-taking less damage, longer parry counter-attacks, enemies less aggressive.
  2. Jedi Knight/Normal-game plays as it intends to do it's own thing, balance.
  3. Jedi Master/hard-Small parry window and cal takes more damage.
  4. Grandmaster/very hard-more damage taken, small parry, enemies more aggressive.

Story is more suited for your liking.

@locus-solus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Good good good.

I don't think Respawn/EA are lying when they say Jedi Fallen Order will not have microtransaction/loot boxes and won't be added after launch. Disney probably doesn't want anymore bad PR after Battlefront 2 disaster. Episode 9 is just around the corner, not that I care about the movie myself.

Also Respawn using Unreal Engine 4 not Frostbite Engine. Frostbite Engine is rumored to be partially to blame for Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda being so buggy and the cancellation of Visceral Star War game and closer of the studio.

EA has clearly said their will be no microtransactions since this is a single player game only and Respawn also told them they do not want any of that crap in their game since day one. I know EA gets more crap cause they always never learned and this time around, seems like they came to their sense and go do what CDPR route.

Funny thing is, EA is actually riding the Mandalorian hype train (then episode 9) since both of their trailers release. Unreal Engine 4 has always been a much better engine then Frostbite engine and you can tell they pick the right engine for this type of game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58498 Posts

@locus-solus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Good good good.

Yeah I remember reading about Frostbite and how terrible it is. How they had no support, and when they did, it was from Sweden or whatever.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

Super excited for this game! I watched an hour of gameplay and it looks right up my alley. I really liked the Jedi Knight games in the past from decades go. This will be fun!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

@r-gamer said:

Honestly this is the first game with an EA badge on it that I have been excited for since Dragon Age Inquisition.

I completely agree. Liking what I have seen so far.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16015 Posts

Yeah, good.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Star Wars, meh.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Looking pretty cool, can't wait. Mandalorian is looking awesome too.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45476 Posts

I hope it's good. I'm not really on the hype train on this one.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

Star Wars, meh.

Do you like Star Trek?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts

I haven't really been paying attention, but I don't really understand the hype. I've seen no sign that this SW game will be better than recent SW games. That trailer was just some cinematic bullshit and made me even less interested. I'm not a fan of either EA or Respawn. Game reminds me of Force Unleashed, another SW game I don't care about.

I'll let the early adopters tell me if it's just an average and derivate action game with a SW theme, or if it's something that's actually worth playing.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KvallyX

@davillain- said:

@x_hedon: I forgot to tell you this. Jedi Fallen Order will have 4 difficulty like:

1. Story/Easy-taking less damage, longer parry counter-attacks, enemies less aggressive.
  2. Jedi Knight/Normal-game plays as it intends to do it's own thing, balance.
  3. Jedi Master/hard-Small parry window and cal takes more damage.
  4. Grandmaster/very hard-more damage taken, small parry, enemies more aggressive.

Story is more suited for your liking.

@locus-solus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Good good good.

EA has clearly said their will be no microtransactions since this is a single player game only and Respawn also told them they do not want any of that crap in their game since day one. I know EA gets more crap cause they always never learned and this time around, seems like they came to their sense and go do what CDPR route.

Funny thing is, EA is actually riding the Mandalorian hype train (then episode 9) since both of their trailers release. Unreal Engine 4 has always been a much better engine then Frostbite engine and you can tell they pick the right engine for this type of game.

Story is clearly the route I will take then. I will be picking this game up.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

I'm waiting to hear what the reviewers say, although I doubt I'll buy it anytime soon if I desire to put it on my wish list. Too many games I want to buy or re-buy first. (Re-buy as in physical copies.)

That said, what I've seen so far looks promising.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KvallyX

@Litchie said:

I haven't really been paying attention, but I don't really understand the hype. I've seen no sign that this SW game will be better than recent SW games. That trailer was just some cinematic bullshit and made me even less interested. I'm not a fan of either EA or Respawn. Game reminds me of Force Unleashed, another SW game I don't care about.

I'll let the early adopters tell me if it's just an average and derivate action game with a SW theme, or if it's something that's actually worth playing.

• I don't really understand the hype
  • no sign that this SW game will be better than recent SW games
  • cinematic bullshit
  • less interested
  • not a fan of either EA or Respawn
  • another SW game I don't care about

This is not the game you are looking for.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

Since this is a hype thread I'm saying this'll get a AAA score.

Respawn can do no wrong at the moment.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25059 Posts

@Litchie said:

Respawn. thats why this star wars game will be better

and beside i have not seen any cinematic elements, all i see is interesting level design, exploration and puzzle here. i didnot seen any QTE.

theres many reason why this star wars will turn out better than any star wars before. even KOTOR.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Taking place between episode III and IV I take it?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator

@Solaryellow said:

Taking place between episode III and IV I take it?

In a way, yes. But it takes place after episode 3 due to Order 66 (Jedi Purge) & right before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Not sure about Solo: A Star Wars Story.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

I still need to wait for reviews for this one. I just can't get that excited for it, even after all these trailers. I think a rep mentioned they will drop closer to release in two weeks.

This could either be one of the surprise hits of the year and ranked as one of the better top-tier Star Wars games, or it could be a mixed-bag game and another disappointment. I could almost see a lot of reviewers using words like "generic" and "bland" throughout their reviews. Let's hope that doesn't happen..for your sake, Respawn.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

In a way, yes. But it takes place after episode 3 due to Order 66 (Jedi Purge) & right before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Not sure about Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Yeah I'm thinking it takes place right after Order 66 was issued, so that happens in Episode III.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

It's also going to be the first of EA's new games to be put on Steam.

On a side note: I've never seen Star Wars don't feel like it anytime soon

Are you... proud of this?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11815 Posts

@ezekiel43: Maybe.... I've never seen or read Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter series either. I don't know why but the aesthetic and setting of Star Wars just repels me even though I like sci fi. Could be because it's more sci fi fantasy than sci fi and I don't really like sci fi fantasy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

@NoodleFighter: Star Wars has always been more aimed towards "Fantasy" then "Sci-Fi" itself but I guess what makes it more Fantasy is the fact the series never takes place on Earth nor in the Star Wars lore they never discover planet Earth is what makes Star Wars so special.

Star Trek however is definitely more Sci-Fi.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KvallyX

@davillain- said:

@NoodleFighter: Star Wars has always been more aimed towards "Fantasy" then "Sci-Fi" itself but I guess what makes it more Fantasy is the fact the series never takes place on Earth nor in the Star Wars lore they never discover planet Earth is what makes Star Wars so special.

The closest tie in to Earth that I remember is E.T. E.T. comes from the Star Wars universe, and his "home" that he is trying to get back to is in the galaxy far far away. When I saw E.T. in Phantom Menace, my childhood dreams were finally made. I always hoped we would see E.T. at home.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Looks good but gameplay seems mediocre at best. Also EA

Guntster22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Guntster22
Member since 2019 • 44 Posts

Yeah will not be holding my breath on this one. Yet to play a recent Star Wars title.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#43 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@ezekiel43: Maybe.... I've never seen or read Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter series either. I don't know why but the aesthetic and setting of Star Wars just repels me even though I like sci fi. Could be because it's more sci fi fantasy than sci fi and I don't really like sci fi fantasy.

I've never been huge on Star Wars either, for me I think its the insane commercialization and annoying fanboys that turn me off more than anything else.

then again, I like Lord of the Rings which is in a similar boat some maybe something else that turns me off the IP.

that being said, i'm optimistic about Jedi: Fallen Order. I reckon Respawn are probably EA's best studio at this point (aka king of the garbage pile)

i'll probably end up playing it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Star Wars, meh.

Do you like Star Trek?

No, the only thing Star Wars I have ever liked was KOTOR 1 & 2, and not because of its setting I just enjoyed the games. Everything else in the Star Wars universe sucks, I have never sat there and watched a Star Wars movie from start to finish, I usually lasts 20mins or so then I walk off lol.

I see ghost above said that KOTOR was overrated which means its a great game as we all know ghost has shit taste.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts

Good or not, not.giving Disney any money!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Chutebox said:

Good or not, not.giving Disney any money!

Disney hate, did I miss something that Disney did that upset the world (only in America lol)

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

The graphics look phenomenal! :)

There hasn't been a decent star wars game since Dark Forces. Bring it on I say!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Star Wars is always ace and Respawn are excellent developers. Bring it on!

@x_hedon said:

The trailer is sick. The only thing that prevents me from buying this game is the difficulty. I am not good at souls games, and apparently this is also pretty difficult.

There is a 0% chance of this being Souls-hard, Star Wars is massively mainstream so they'll definitely have options to let everyone play and enjoy.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@davillain- said:

Star Wars has always been more aimed towards "Fantasy" then "Sci-Fi" itself but I guess what makes it more Fantasy is the fact the series never takes place on Earth nor in the Star Wars lore they never discover planet Earth is what makes Star Wars so special.

"Science Fantasy" is a term that is sometimes used. Basically, if you try and explain the mad shit that happens it's sci-fi, if you just shrug and say don't worry about it, it's fantasy. Depends on what parts of the (extremely) extended universe you look at though.

"The Force is a mysterious energy that binds us all" = fantasy, same as Gandalf casting a spell. It just happens, we don't need to know or care why or how.

"The Force comes from little parasitic creatures in our blood called midichlorians that let us tap into their energy" = science, an attempt to explain seemingly magical acts with a rational explanation based on observation of natural phenomena. Not very well, in this case, I think...

Same deal with lightsaber colours, it used to be (in the original trilogy) a fantasy thing of the goodies using bright colour blades and the baddies using evil red blades. Think they did a whole science-y explanation of crystal types to explain that, too...

Personally, I prefer the fantasy thing of just saying **** it, the Force exists and baddies use red blades. I don't care why :P

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

@davillain- said:

Star Wars is actually considered Science Fantasy than Sci-Fi because the franchise has elements of both sci-fi and fantasy.