Star Citizen reveals planetary generation system. 100% seamless.

• 104 results
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

I'm thinking my ideal playstyle is using my Ghost to get Intel and sell it or use it for my own gain. Use my 325A when the Intel warrants it.

I'll be a stealthy little backstabber who picks easy targets just like in WoW.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@naz99 said:
@Locutus_Picard said:
@naz99 said:

@Locutus_Picard: FPS was a main mechanic from day one..its a first person universe the whole game depends on it.......maybe inform yourself first so you aint bitching about something that is completely wromg

But they had to go and put shooty pewpewpew in it? Give me a break. I never once thought that shooting things in the face added to realism. First person camera view is perfectly fine. Yet they had to go and shove a gun into your hands because the Call of Duty OCD-kiddies want to shoot yet another thing in the face.

What?

Hmm I think Captain Picard is misinterpreting their intention. They don't want to make a first person shooter, but it 'needs' first person shooting in it for some of the cool things they will put in the game. Like boarding. Supposedly, you can use a boarding vessel and board enemy ships to take out the crew inside. Obviously you won't be able to board most single person vehicles, so you don't have to worry about it at all. But how cool is it that you can be in a prolonged fight as part of the crew of a carrier/huge ship, knowing that the enemy is probably trying to sneak in a boarding crew. Was that the sound of the airlock? Or was it your colleague finding some private time in the bathroom?

Or if you have a price on your head, and you walk into an unofficial station in the dark corners of the 'verse, or perhaps you visit the black market in a Baanu Merchantman, someone standing in a corner may be interested in the price on your head... Is he just happy to see you, or is that an ID scanner in his trousers? I think it might add a lot to the possibilities, and tension and atmosphere of the stations/ships. Especially to the less civilized sectors.

Yep, sounds just like call of Dewty shooty pew pew :P

I thought about explaining that to him but I just didnt want to waste that many words or that much effort :)

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@KungfuKitten: When you put it that way, it might be acceptable. But let's face it, people playing online are dickbags and will ambush you just as you land your ship. Those scenarios people put into their heads with first person boarding will only happen once in a blue moon. Also, it puts a lot of useless meta-game in my opinion. As I said before, I am perfectly fine with first person exploration of actual locales and places. The real problem is, is that we should avoid shoehorning poor shooting mechanics into a franchise that has been dead in over a decade. They straight up said that FPS-shooting delayed the whole project for an entire year. They are outsourcing the FPS-shooting mechanics to some no-name developer. If it had been, let's say, CryTek who has 3 games with the CryEngine under their belt, I'd say **** it, why not?

The truth however is that this whole FPS-shooting fiasco has delayed the game and will probably suck anyway. I am of the opinion that they cut the losses and let the "fans" who want to shoot stuff to be referred to Call of Duty.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

To Freelancer or not to Freelancer..