SQUARE-ENIX is no longer god. And expectations for FF13 should be much lower now

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frank_N_Suff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Frank_N_Suff
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

Square-Enix is starting to become trash now. They are not producing very good stuff lately. Not to mention FF12 kind of blew and most agree with this. Square has lost it's edge and really is no longer nothing for us to tout about anymore.

And developers like Bethesda and Bioware make Square look like garbage nowadays.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I came in here expecting a link or some new news, and all I got was a lame opinion
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
Maybe the mainline FF XIII but Versus XIII and Agito XIII look to be amazing games.
Frank_N_Suff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Frank_N_Suff

Maybe the mainline FF XIII but Versus XIII and Agito XIII look to be amazing games. RurouniSaiyajin

Yeah those look to be ok. I just think in general though the west has cought up and franky easily supassed Square in RPG games. Like i said developers like Bioware and Bethesda crush Square now in rpg quality.

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
when was Square Enix ever god? Square Soft was pretty close though.
Frank_N_Suff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Frank_N_Suff

when was Square Enix ever god? Square Soft was pretty close though.Indie_Hitman

Well there was a time when people acted like they were the best. Mainly PS system fans. but i would say those days are long gone.

To me the USA developers make much better games now.

Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Dasacant
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
They were never god. Though I am really not liking this whole super acrobatic running on walls jumping 50ft thing they seem to be putting in all the ff's now.
Frank_N_Suff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frank_N_Suff

They were never god. Though I am really not liking this whole super acrobatic running on walls jumping 50ft thing they seem to be putting in all the ff's now. Dasacant

Yeaqh i know. And Square has opemly said they want to go more western and have there games be more geared towards us now. But i think they are getting lost in translation here and are not producing good stuff.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

Never underestimate a FF game that has taken half a decade to make.

GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GabeBlack
Member since 2005 • 1821 Posts

Square-Enix is starting to become trash now. They are not producing very good stuff lately. Not to mention FF12 kind of blew and most agree with this. Square has lost it's edge and really is no longer nothing for us to tout about anymore.

And developers like Bethesda and Bioware make Square look like garbage nowadays.

Frank_N_Suff

I agree with the FF12 thing. it was like playing an MMO solo.

EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

Im sure your opinion has NOTHING to do with the fact that FF13 is being ported to the Xbox, right?

However it is my personal opinion that Square has been on a gentle decline ever since FF8. Its time for them to branch out and actually do something not FF or some silly Kingdom Hearts spin off related.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

They were never god. Though I am really not liking this whole super acrobatic running on walls jumping 50ft thing they seem to be putting in all the ff's now. Dasacant

Exactly

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Little do you know they have always pumped out average RPGs and games to finace their major titles.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

[QUOTE="Dasacant"]They were never god. Though I am really not liking this whole super acrobatic running on walls jumping 50ft thing they seem to be putting in all the ff's now. Frank_N_Suff

Yeaqh i know. And Square has opemly said they want to go more western and have there games be more geared towards us now. But i think they are getting lost in translation here and are not producing good stuff.

I love it, I want more.

I disagree, I think FF XIII, The Last Remnant, Infinte Unidscovery, Star Ocean: TLH, TWEWY, Sigma Harmonics, and Parastise Eve The thrid Birthday, KH Birth by Sleep, and etc are appealing to all Eastern and Western included.

MotoJ19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MotoJ19
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
I personally liked LO more than FFXII, probably because the guy who made FF made it, so i'm not gonna follow a franchise.
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
it's ridiculous how they are holding onto ff13 for the ps3 just so the 360 version is finished. Hopefully this will change.
juno84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 juno84
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

Frank_N_Suff

By "most agree" do you mean "probably a few gamers on this specific board"? FFXII has a 91% on gamerankings.com.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
I personally liked LO more than FFXIIMotoJ19

Same but I think (and hope) that FF XIII and vs XIII will turn out just great.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="RurouniSaiyajin"]Maybe the mainline FF XIII but Versus XIII and Agito XIII look to be amazing games. Frank_N_Suff

Yeah those look to be ok. I just think in general though the west has cought up and franky easily supassed Square in RPG games. Like i said developers like Bioware and Bethesda crush Square now in rpg quality.

That's debatable.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

it's ridiculous how they are holding onto ff13 for the ps3 just so the 360 version is finished. Hopefully this will change. eklineage

It wont, get used to it.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

Frank_N_Suff

your post is very funny. The funny part was when you mentioned bioware and bethesda that are critizised nowdays for having more action in their games than rpg. Just compare mass effect to kotor and you'll see what I'm talking about. Funny threat

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

[QUOTE="RurouniSaiyajin"]Maybe the mainline FF XIII but Versus XIII and Agito XIII look to be amazing games. Frank_N_Suff

How?? By making RPGs more like FPS and 3rd person shooters. The West and the East are different flavors I personally love to enjoy.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Square Enix was never a god. Only a hollow shell of what Squaresoft and Enix used to represent.
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

[QUOTE="eklineage"]it's ridiculous how they are holding onto ff13 for the ps3 just so the 360 version is finished. Hopefully this will change. CreepyBacon

It wont, get used to it.

did i strike a nerve? lol. W.e ur opinion.

adman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 adman66
Member since 2003 • 1744 Posts

try telling that to the japanese, they will buy 5million of anything with square-enix on it.

square always makes solid ff games(mind you some elements are wierd/bad sometimes) but i do agree with you except for your god comment. they were good , and now not so good, but the ff games that come out(dontplay much of thier other games) are good.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
white knight will be better than final fantasy 13, level 5 are the stuff!!
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

They have not put out any good games in a long long time. I'm curious to see how the last remnant does this fall though. I think only 360 owners get it in the fall and ps3 owners get it at a later date which is fine seeing as there are tons of other games that will keep me busy this fall till I get to play it.

If last remnant flops then I don't have much hope for FFXIII. So its going to be interesting how things play out.

OutlawStarXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OutlawStarXIII
Member since 2008 • 225 Posts
white knight will be better than final fantasy 13, level 5 are the stuff!!bigLLL
White Knight will be good but I doubt it'll be better the FFXIII or Vs. XIII.
Square Enix was never a god. Only a hollow shell of what Squaresoft and Enix used to represent.Blackbond
So true
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

white knight will be better than final fantasy 13, level 5 are the stuff!!bigLLL

The production values probably wont be as high, but it will probably be more enjoyable if FF13 isn't a hell of a lot better than the xtreme bordem simulator that FF12 was.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts
Another angry fanboy?? Just because it turned into a MP game does not mean its going to be crap. You are a disgrace to the fanbase.
R0gu3Do0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R0gu3Do0d
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
I loved Final Fantasy 12... I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with all the time they have been given to create Final Fantasy 13...
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
after ff12 i seriously have no faith in FF13.....id rather have a new KH
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

Were you living under a ROCK last gen?

Besides main line Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest titles, Square has always released fan service crap.

FFXIII will be awesome.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
no it wont this thread fails and SE this game will sell 2.5 million
R0gu3Do0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R0gu3Do0d
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

Square Enix was never a god. Only a hollow shell of what Squaresoft and Enix used to represent.Blackbond

Does that mean there Shinigami's?

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

Were you living under a ROCK last gen?

Besides main line Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest titles, Square has always released fan service crap.

FFXIII will be awesome.

leadernator

Was DQ 8 Level 5?

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
FF13 is no half-arsed effort from them, this is the game they are going all out with
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Still incredibly hyped for FF13 :D
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
Since when has Square-Enix ever been God? :?
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
Most gaming companies that take half a decade to make a game aren't gods :?
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts

I say NO to your opinion, TC. And for most of the haters here, please, wait till the game is released before making any judgement over Square-Enix quality.

That says, the last FF, XII, didn't make a huge impact on the general publics, it's still a AAA quality game, so please wait till we can see more of FFXIII.

zomgwtfbbqlol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zomgwtfbbqlol1
Member since 2008 • 1226 Posts

Frank_N_Suff
this a joke? square is amazing, mainly Nomura, KH is one of my fav IP`s and im expecting quality from their next KH and FFXIII VERSUS, as for FFXIII i believe you are underestimating the work going into that game, it will be good
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
thread is fail was expecting a link, also, squeenix is not a god
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kenshinhimura10

FF13 is no half-arsed effort from them, this is the game they are going all out withFirstDiscovery

Actually, that game was FF XII, and imo, they more than delivered. It was not good to some which on the same sentence then place crap as KH but whatever.

FF XIII is going to be a great game to, so I dont see why we should worry.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]FF13 is no half-arsed effort from them, this is the game they are going all out withkenshinhimura10

Actually, that game was FF XII, and imo, they more than delivered. It was not good to some which on the same sentence then place crap as KH but whatever.

Well i mean in the last few years. FF12 was incredible yet it gets so much hate, just shows the expectaiotns that SE have to meet
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kenshinhimura10
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura10"]

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]FF13 is no half-arsed effort from them, this is the game they are going all out withFirstDiscovery

Well i mean in the last few years. FF12 was incredible yet it gets so much hate, just shows the expectaiotns that SE have to meet

I say it gets to much hate because the plot is more "mature" in a certain way. FF till XII where summer movies imo, great summer movies, but not deep at all, or dwelving in more adult matters, though Tactics did, since its story unfolds in a similar fashion to XII (no wonder since XII was done by the same team) and also has the same subjects in terms of story development. I liked the way XII turned out, but the story was greatly hurted by the freedom of the gameplay, when it came to the freedom of exploration.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura10"]

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]FF13 is no half-arsed effort from them, this is the game they are going all out withkenshinhimura10

I say it gets to much hate because the plot is more "mature" in a certain way. FF till XII where summer movies imo, great summer movies, but not deep at all, or dwelving in more adult matters, though Tactics did, since its story unfolds in a similar fashion to XII (no wonder since XII was done by the same team) and also has the same subjects in terms of story development. I liked the way XII turned out, but the story was greatly hurted by the freedom of the gameplay, when it came to the freedom of exploration.

Well i think everyone agrees that the characters and the storyline were trash, but heck, the game was so EPIC and GRAND in its scale
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I don't see a problem with the main series FF games. You can argue about what SE produces but that is different.
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kenshinhimura10
The game had a different aim. It was telling an story with passing characters, that were only a part of it, and not the pike of it. The story is also extremely similar in parts to both MacBeth and Hamlet, which gives it a different perspective in my book. People, as I said, did not liked it because they could not "attach" to the characters, and lost interest in the whole conflict, as it was not affecting their alter ego of the game, as it did in previous FF. Since now neither is the main character, many felt less motivated to get interested for the events in that world.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Only because SE doesn't come up with new ideas. I am appreciating that they are makign Dragon Quest games for the DS though :D