texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/17/nomura-wants-more-final-fantasy-remakes-but-not-from-the-playstation-era/

Have V be a 3ds title and VI be a complete HD remake please.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

Wish they did 6 before 7

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It would bee awesome to see both games get the FFIV anniversery collection treatment. It would be even more awesome to see both games be put together in one collection similar to the PS1 collection.

Would throw all my money at that.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Not talented enough to do brand new FF titles so lets remake everything we have in the series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

But they already got remade!

:>

In all seriousness they can do whatever they want with VI but leave V the **** alone. You don't mess with perfection.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Cool. I would like to see a remake of both games.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

They shoudl finish FF7 Remake first, whcih they wont for the next 5 years , minimum

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

In all seriousness they can do whatever they want with VI but leave V the **** alone. You don't mess with perfection.

But they already remade FF V too...

...But I think Nomura means proper 3D remakes, like what FF III & IV got. Besides, it makes way more sense to remake FF V & VI first, before getting to FF VII. I think FF VI in particular has a lot of remake potential.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1077 Posts

I would prefer a FFIX remake. I'm cool with this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Is 7 sells well, we'll see the floodgates open

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

How about make them playable on current gen systems? Then commit the resources to new games? Crazy, I know

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

VI? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

They shoudl finish FF7 Remake first, whcih they wont for the next 5 years , minimum

And FF15 and KH3

Square Enix Japan really need to concentrate on actually releasing games rather than announcing them. The western devs that are a part of Square Enix are all releasing their games Hitman, Just Cause, Tomb Raider. Most of the Japanese games at Square Enix E3 had now in development as a release date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Aljosa23 said:

But they already remade FF V too...

...But I think Nomura means proper 3D remakes, like what FF III & IV got. Besides, it makes way more sense to remake FF V & VI first, before getting to FF VII. I think FF VI in particular has a lot of remake potential.

Yeah I know lol was just kidding.

VI would work well as a 3D remake since it already has that epic scale and feel to it. As for V all I want is the SNES version with the GBA script on virtual console.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Is 7 sells well, we'll see the floodgates open

This is a given.

FF7 remake will sell like hot cakes.

And would LOVE to see a remake of VI...just pissening

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DEadliNE-Zero0

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

And FF15 and KH3

Square Enix Japan really need to concentrate on actually releasing games rather than announcing them. The western devs that are a part of Square Enix are all releasing their games Hitman, Just Cause, Tomb Raider. Most of the Japanese games at Square Enix E3 had now in development as a release date.

Exactly

Their Japanese branch is a joke.

• Bravely Default 2 was basically rushed out and killed in japan after large potential from the first game.
  • Type-0 HD is a full price psp up-port, using the XV demo, with horrible motion blur that's only going to get patched now.
  • FF13 and 13-2 PC ports are disgusting and some of the worst i've seen in a long time.
  • Apparently, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is already announced, a couple of months after the first one and with no western release.
  • KH3 had a new trailer and proper gameplay shown after 2 years of nothing AND having switched to UE4 after all the money SE dumped into the Liminous engine
  • And ofcourse FFXV, previously known as 13 Versus, produced by none other than Nomura himself. Now Nomura wants more remakes, even though he's going 7-Remake AND didn't finish 13.V?

Jesus Square. Stop being so fucking weird.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

VI remake would be amazing. Let's also get a IX remake and XII remaster while we're at it

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Those are remakes, I'll happily buy.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jag85

@deadline-zero0 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

And FF15 and KH3

Exactly

Their Japanese branch is a joke.

• Bravely Default 2 was basically rushed out and killed in japan after large potential from the first game.
  • Type-0 HD is a full price psp up-port, using the XV demo, with horrible motion blur that's only going to get patched now.
  • FF13 and 13-2 PC ports are disgusting and some of the worst i've seen in a long time.
  • Apparently, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is already announced, a couple of months after the first one and with no western release.
  • KH3 had a new trailer and proper gameplay shown after 2 years of nothing AND having switched to UE4 after all the money SE dumped into the Liminous engine
  • And ofcourse FFXV, previously known as 13 Versus, produced by none other than Nomura himself. Now Nomura wants more remakes, even though he's going 7-Remake AND didn't finish 13.V?

Jesus Square. Stop being so fucking weird.

That first point makes no sense... Bravely Second came out nearly three years since Bravely Default released in Japan. Yet you say that's rushed? Either way, Bravely Default has a much larger fanbase in the West than it does in Japan, so Bravely Second can still become a worldwide success.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#21 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

FFVI by far deserve a remake more than FFVII so I'm happy to hear this.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Jag85: yeah, i was thinking EU/NA release. My bad.

still the game has suffered a big drop in jp sales and i can see a similar trend in the west. BTW, i assumed BD did about the same in japan. Could you post some numbers for eu/na?

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

If they remade VI, this would be the greatest thing I can remember. VI is by far my favorite FF.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts

If they remake FFVI.....they need to add more story on how Celes became an Imperial general and how she fell and got captured.

Also, a story about how Kefka fell to madness.

Square needs to realize that while they did try to make the game with no main character, its too easy to consider Terra and Celes as the main characters and Locke the main support.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I wish they'd just make new isometric Final Fantasy games with old-school combat.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Wish they did 6 before 7

6 just isn't anywhere as popular as 7, they kind of hinted at 7 before also and trolled the shit out of everyone last e3, lol. They had to make good.

I'm ok with this actually, the classic FF's up to the end of psx are my favorite titles in the series. Seeing those pixel graphics reimagined into a real cohesive world would be fantastic. I'd much rather have this than shitty port jobs going to IOS, steam and PSN, XBL, etc.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

When a film gets a remake: why the **** are they remaking that?

When a game gets a remake: OHMYGOD!!!

smh

I don't need a remake to FFV or 6, they are fantastic games on their own. I'd rather those resources go to newer things. I don't want old things, I don't want the same thing, I want new things.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I hope they don't, I don't want to see the game ruined.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Jag85: The VII remake makes most sense, its been demanded by the fans and most popular game in franchise.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

I will KICKSTART FF6 remake myself i don't even need any other gaming scrub to assist in this

put that kickstarter up square enix i will fund it myself billions BILLIONS SQUARE

Square Enix is saving this crap gaming industry LITERALLY saving it every other trash developer like ass creed unity is killing this god damn industry i love meanwhile square is saving it ffs

Xbox microsoft and even sony don't care about sure as hell not steam

only one who i see pushing industry foward is Square ENIX FF6 3d remake fully voice acted with amazing actors and amazing gameplay

thats what i can count on as old school nintendo gamer I KNOW whats good U DONT xbox 360 gamers u don't know shit

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

ok.... well, the first 6 FF games at least make sense to be remade in full HD.... However, I am in the same boat as a few others.. How about bringing BACK the classic play style? You know.. turn based JRPG. New titles to the franchise that play similar to 1-10 is very welcome by most FF fans.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

ok.... well, the first 6 FF games at least make sense to be remade in full HD.... However, I am in the same boat as a few others.. How about bringing BACK the classic play style? You know.. turn based JRPG. New titles to the franchise that play similar to 1-10 is very welcome by most FF fans.

they have done the classic gameplay remakes look at DS 3d remake of FF4 or the psp FF4 same gameplay with better graphics

i have faith they will keep the same gameplay and just upgrade graphics, they also own the music so they could bring back uemastu guy maybe make remix versions or let you play with the classic ff7 music that would be cool they did that with FF4 on psp too.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

they have done the classic gameplay remakes look at DS 3d remake of FF4 or the psp FF4 same gameplay with better graphics

i have faith they will keep the same gameplay and just upgrade graphics, they also own the music so they could bring back uemastu guy maybe make remix versions or let you play with the classic ff7 music that would be cool they did that with FF4 on psp too.

Yeah, I am aware of the remasters.. I am talking about remakes to switch the style from the 2D style to full 3D cinematic experiences like every FF starting with 7. The first 6 would feel like completely new games, but would retain the same storyline... they could add a few things here and there like card games, side quests, etc... I'm talking about more of a reimagining to get up to speed with modern technology.

I own all the originals and most of the remasters by the way. I just would like to see them reimagined into 3D space.

However.. I would RATHER see a new 3D (or even 2D) old school style gameplay in an all NEW game in the franchise to get things back to the roots and get SE back on track.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jag85

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Jag85: yeah, i was thinking EU/NA release. My bad.

still the game has suffered a big drop in jp sales and i can see a similar trend in the west. BTW, i assumed BD did about the same in japan. Could you post some numbers for eu/na?

Bravely Default sold over 1 million worldwide, only 300,000 of which were sold in Japan. In other words, it sold over twice as much in the West than it did in Japan.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

How many million times can you remake a 2D game? I want my FF9 and 12 remake dammit!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts