Square Enix says Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, and Foamstars failed to meet expectations.

• 142 results
Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts
@silentchief said:
@fedor said:
@silentchief said:

@fedor: You stated there is "nothing they could do" and you are wrong. Their is plenty they could do. Money hatting is dumb and they would be better off saving that money and simply buying studios . Exclusives matter.

@fedor:

Sony could announce no more 1st party titles on PC today and it would have minimal effect on the PC platform.

Yet it would destroy the Playstation platform. Which is my entire point.

Your entire point is Playstation would fall if they stopped porting to PC?

Sorry I didn't see the word " no".

I think if they continue to port to PC and go day and date it will destroy the Playstation brand. It will have minimal effect on the PC platform either way.

All good, I don't see them ever doing 1st party single player day and date.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#102  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts
@fedor said:
@Jag85 said:

The best-selling game this year so far is a 3rd party JP game: Palworld. All of those sales came from PC.

Back in 2022, the year's best-selling game was also a 3rd party JP game: Elden Ring. The lion's share of its sales also came from PC.

And then there's Capcom games, which have been selling record numbers lately. And once again, a large share of Capcom's sales come from PC.

Capcom Is Making More Money Than Ever Before

What these examples demonstrate, along with the Persona 5 and Nier examples I gave above, is that PC has now taken a big chunk of the market share from PlayStation when it comes to 3rd party JP games.

All this demonstrates is JP games are popular on PC, provide data showing gamers leaving the PS platform because of 3rd party JP games, because all you're showing is JP devs realizing there was a huge untapped market on PC. Atlus literally came out asking PC players if they want Persona on PC.

The data shows that 3rd party JP games are selling more on PC than on PS5. How else would you interpret this data? silentchief's interpretation of the data makes logical sense: a significant number of JP game fans jumped ship from PlayStation to PC. If you have an alternative interpretation of the data, then feel free to present it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#103 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@Jag85 said:

The data shows that 3rd party JP games are selling more on PC than on PS5. How else would you interpret this data? silentchief's interpretation of the data makes logical sense: a significant number of JP game fans jumped ship from PlayStation to PC. If you have an alternative interpretation of the data, then feel free to present it.

Is the data showing a decline in PS sales? Wouldn't it make more sense to default PC gamers simply buying JP games because it is available on PC?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Fedor
@Jag85 said:
@fedor said:
@Jag85 said:

The best-selling game this year so far is a 3rd party JP game: Palworld. All of those sales came from PC.

Back in 2022, the year's best-selling game was also a 3rd party JP game: Elden Ring. The lion's share of its sales also came from PC.

And then there's Capcom games, which have been selling record numbers lately. And once again, a large share of Capcom's sales come from PC.

Capcom Is Making More Money Than Ever Before

What these examples demonstrate, along with the Persona 5 and Nier examples I gave above, is that PC has now taken a big chunk of the market share from PlayStation when it comes to 3rd party JP games.

All this demonstrates is JP games are popular on PC, provide data showing gamers leaving the PS platform because of 3rd party JP games, because all you're showing is JP devs realizing there was a huge untapped market on PC. Atlus literally came out asking PC players if they want Persona on PC.

Palworld isn't on PS (thanks to MS, also player numbers has fallen off a cliff), Elden Ring sold better on PS, Persona 5R sold better on PS, show me your source on Nier having half it's sales on PC. I've already gave you my interpretation of the data twice. Either present something concrete or stop @ me.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Jag85

@fedor: I said JP games are selling more on PC than on PS5. You're combining PS4 and PS5 sales. JP games sold very well on PS4, yet aren't selling that well on PS5. This would suggest that a significant number of former PS4 gamers are opting to buy JP games on PC rather than PS5.

As for Nier Automata:

• Total sales - 8 million
  • Steam estimate - 4 million
Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Fedor

@Jag85: "I said JP games are selling more on PC than on PS5. You're combining PS4 and PS5 sales."

Your fault for bringing up cross gen games.

"JP games sold very well on PS4, yet aren't selling that well on PS5. This would suggest that a significant number of former PS4 gamers are opting to buy JP games on PC rather than PS5."

This statement doesn't prove what you're trying to claim.

As for Nier Automata:

I assumed you didn't have any actual numbers, and I was correct.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Jag85

This statement doesn't prove what you're trying to claim.

I said it's an interpretation of the data: JP game sales are declining on PS5 yet increasing on PC. You have not provided an alternative interpretation to explain this phenomenon.

I assumed you didn't have any actual numbers

That's called an estimate.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Fedor

@Jag85: "I said it's an interpretation of the data: JP game sales are declining on PS5 yet increasing on PC. You have not provided an alternative interpretation to explain this phenomenon."

PC gamers are simply buying games that are available to them. JP studios and pubs realized there was money to be made and started porting. Now provide data showing PS gamers leaving the platform to PC because of 3rd party JP games.

"That's called an estimate."

It's also called a guess.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Jag85

@fedor:

PC gamers are simply buying games that are available to them. JP studios and pubs realized there was money to be made and started porting.

Then what's your explanation for 3rd party JP game sales declining on PS5 at the same time?

It's an estimate from a sales tracker.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Fedor
@Jag85 said:

@fedor:

PC gamers are simply buying games that are available to them. JP studios and pubs realized there was money to be made and started porting.

Then what's your explanation for 3rd party JP game sales declining on PS5 at the same time?

It's an estimate from a sales tracker.

How bout you "provide data showing PS gamers leaving the platform to PC because of 3rd party JP games."

I'm also well aware of sales trackers.

• ~2.49 Mby SteamSpy
  • ~2.89 Mby Gamalytic
  • ~2.90 Mby VG Insights
  • ~4.04 Mby PlayTracker

Funny, you picked the one with the highest estimate.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7057 Posts
@Pedro said:
@Jag85 said:

Is the data showing a decline in PS sales? Wouldn't it make more sense to default PC gamers simply buying JP games because it is available on PC?

Considering 3rd party sales are down on PS5... not really.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jag85

@fedor: We already have the data. What matters is how we interpret the data. What the data shows is a correlation between 3rd party JP game sales declining on PS5 and increasing on PC at the same time. I've provided a plausible explanation for this correlation: users moving to a different platform. You vehemently disagree with this explanation, yet you've failed to provide an adequate alternative explanation for this correlation.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Fedor

@Jag85: Why are you still talking @ me? Either provide what I asked for about a dozen times now or go waste someone else's time.

Edit: Your stance is so flimsy it can be explained away as: There's a declining interest among PS players with JP developed games. Given PS5 numbers are nearly neck and neck with PS4 in the same time frame, you can't even prove this statement false. The slight dip in console sales can also easily be explained away with lack of first party offerings PS has provided to consumers. Anybody can make baseless statements, so either show me something concrete or we can end this farce now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Third party sales are down on PS5 and?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#115  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13102 Posts
@fedor said:

Palworld isn't on PS (thanks to MS, also player numbers has fallen off a cliff)

Isn't that more related to Steam and Xbox having a more popular program for game previews/early access? Seems like Sony's doesn't promote theirs as much, if they even have one. I assume that Sony only wants complete non-beta/alpha games on their store.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Pedro
@kvallyx said:
@fedor said:

Isn't that more related to Steam and Xbox have a more popular program for game previews/early access? Seems like Sony's doesn't promote theirs as much, if they even have one. I assume that Sony only wants complete non-beta/alpha games on their store.

You maybe correct about PS not allowing early access games. I know Xbox and Steam do allow them. Look at Starfield and Redfall.🙃

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Third party sales are down on PS5 and?

Because people are leaving their ecosystem.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Fedor

@kvallyx said:
@fedor said:

Isn't that more related to Steam and Xbox having a more popular program for game previews/early access? Seems like Sony's doesn't promote theirs as much, if they even have one. I assume that Sony only wants complete non-beta/alpha games on their store.

You're probably right, I figured they had a deal.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Because people are leaving their ecosystem.

You need proof for that claim. If this is one of those emotional fact things, then you are correct.😏

@fedor said:

Possibly both.🤷🏽‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13102 Posts

@fedor said:
@kvallyx said:
@fedor said:

I am just guessing, I have no idea.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jag85

Why are you still talking @ me?

O...K... Then no @ this time.

There's a declining interest among PS players with JP developed games.

Terrible argument. If that were the case, then a similar pattern would've been observed on other platforms. Yet interest in JP games has only increased on PC and Switch. PS5 is an exception to the rule. Not to mention user bases are not static, but dynamic. Users don't always stay loyal to a single platform, but switch between platforms all the time. It's ridiculous to assume user bases are always static. Either way, there's a clear correlation between JP game sales declining on PS5 and increasing on PC, which you've repeatedly failed to explain away. The most plausible explanation is that fans of JP games have simply migrated to another platform. It's a simple logical deduction, not rocket science.

The slight dip in console sales can also easily be explained away with lack of first party offerings PS has provided to consumers.

This has nothing to do with anything I said... I was talking about software sales of JP games, not console hardware sales.

end this farce now.

Sure thing. This is going nowhere. Good bye.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Silentchief

@Pedro:

You need proof for that claim. If this is one of those emotional fact things, then you are correct.😏

Critical thinking isn't a strong point for you.

1. PS5 sales fall behind PS4 sales

2. 3rd party game sales drop on PS5

3. Japanese 3rd party games that use to sell far more on Playstation 4 are struggling on PS5, now breaking even with PC or selling less.

Hmm 🤔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Pedro

@silentchief said:

@Pedro:

3. Japanese 3rd party games that use to sell far more on Playstation 4 are struggling on PS5, now breaking even with PC or selling less.

Hmm 🤔

Nothing you listed is evidence of PS5 gamers leaving for PC. But, I understand this is your emotional facts thing so you are correct.🙃

Just so you are aware PS4 120+million userbase, PS5 ~59 million. Now use that critical thinking.🤭

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#124 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

"It is useless to ressist"!! Welcome to Xbox Family and make profit 😎

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Fedor

@Jag85:

"Terrible argument. If that were the case, then a similar pattern would've been observed on other platforms. Yet interest in JP games has only increased on PC and Switch. PS5 is an exception to the rule."

It's a terrible argument but for some reason you'll never be able to disprove it, interesting. Sony gave up on Japan because their playerbase wasn't buying the games, that's called a declining interest, deal with it.

"Either way, there's a clear correlation between JP game sales declining on PS5 and increasing on PC, which you've repeatedly failed to explain away."

I didn't fail anything, you just didn't like the answer. Huff and puff all you want. PC gamers begged for years to get ports from JP, there was a clear demand. They started porting and PC gamers started buying. There was never a significant amount of PS gamers leaving the platform simply because 3rd party JP games started getting consistently ported. I asked you several times to show some concrete proof of the claim and instead you started posting inaccurate sales numbers and claims.

"The most plausible explanation is that fans of JP games have simply migrated to another platform. It's a simple logical deduction, not rocket science."

The most plausible explanation is declining interest from the PS playerbase.It's a simple logical deduction, not rocket science."

"Sure thing. This is going nowhere. Good bye."

Good bye.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

Square Enix is dumb for getting money hatted by Sony for thier JRPGS.. especially when it's PS5, no near the install base that they would have had just being multiplat on everything.

I'm really curious to know how much money Sony pays them for FF.. it better be absolutely obscene amount of cash because SE is stupid as hell not to release this Multiplat.

If your going to make a JRPG exclusive to a console.. it better be switch.. because PS5 and SX individually aren't going to have the sauce, it may have worked 6 years into the PS4 life cycle.. don't see it working now at all

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

@Pedro:

Hmm 🤔

Nothing you listed is evidence of PS5 gamers leaving for PC. But, I understand this is your emotional facts thing so you are correct.🙃

Just so you are aware PS4 120+million userbase, PS5 ~59 million. Now use that critical thinking.🤭

PS4 was selling more 3rd party software during the same time frame. like I said critical thinking isn't your thing. Ragnarok sold significantly more on PS5 than PS4... but but teh install base!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Pedro

@silentchief said:

PS4 was selling more 3rd party software during the same time frame. like I said critical thinking isn't your thing. Ragnarok sold significantly more on PS5 than PS4... but but teh install base!

Then provide the evidence that PS4 was selling more 3rd party software during the same timeframe.🤷🏽‍♂️

It wouldn't prove PS gamers leaving for PC though. The claim that you have you have yet to provide for.🙃

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1932 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Why are you still talking @ me?

O...K... Then no @ this time.

There's a declining interest among PS players with JP developed games.

Terrible argument. If that were the case, then a similar pattern would've been observed on other platforms. Yet interest in JP games has only increased on PC and Switch. PS5 is an exception to the rule. Not to mention user bases are not static, but dynamic. Users don't always stay loyal to a single platform, but switch between platforms all the time. It's ridiculous to assume user bases are always static. Either way, there's a clear correlation between JP game sales declining on PS5 and increasing on PC, which you've repeatedly failed to explain away. The most plausible explanation is that fans of JP games have simply migrated to another platform. It's a simple logical deduction, not rocket science.

The slight dip in console sales can also easily be explained away with lack of first party offerings PS has provided to consumers.

This has nothing to do with anything I said... I was talking about software sales of JP games, not console hardware sales.

end this farce now.

Sure thing. This is going nowhere. Good bye.

As far as the raw Japan stats, the PS5 is selling on par with the PS4. Actuallu, the PS5 is doing a bit better as far as the weeks match up goes. The the PS4 looks to be leggier.

Though I will say that there is a shift in software sales. Back when the Wii U and 3DS were released, the PS4 was dominating the charts with the 3DS having some games on the chart. Now, it's extremely Nintendo dominated with the release of the Switch. When a Japanese company released on the PS4 and Switch, and now releases on the PS5 and Switch, the Switch always dominated. The hardware ain't really changing for Sony as far as Japan is concerned, but the Switch is definitely dominating them on software.

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/media-create-sales-week-19-2024-may-06-may-12.2700/

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jag85

@luxuryheart: Exactly, the problem is the software sales. JP games just don't sell that well on the PS5. There's a larger market for JP games on Switch and PC.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Fedor

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Jag85

Lol... 😂

PC appears to be the most popular platform for Tekken 8

Only 7 percent of Tekken 8 players are on Xbox.

JP games sell better on PC than PlayStation. Deal with it, cows.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11269 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Lol... 😂

Only 7 percent of Tekken 8 players are on Xbox.

JP games sell better on PC than PlayStation. Deal with it, cows.

Deal with what? That Xbox is ignored in every market? They may as well name the whole division Activision at this point, since CoD is gonna do the heavy lifting for the whole gaming side of Microsoft anyway

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Jag85
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Deal with what? That Xbox is ignored in every market? They may as well name the whole division Activision at this point, since CoD is gonna do the heavy lifting for the whole gaming side of Microsoft anyway

We already know JP games sell like crap on Xbox... The point is that delusional PlayStation fans refuse to accept the reality that JP games now sell better on PC than PlayStation.

The fact that Tekken 8 has more players on PC than both PlayStation and Xbox combined speaks volumes about how PC is now the more popular platform for JP games (along with the Switch and mobiles).

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@Jag85 said:

We already know JP games sell like crap on Xbox.

You could have just ended it with that. PC and PS5 are healthy platforms that can support the market together while Xbox dangles there like that useless piece of a chicken wing, not serving a purpose. Then we gotta hear you huff and puff about Xbox getting disrespected when games pass it by. This wasn't even worth the port

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#136 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22962 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Jag85 said:

You could have just ended it with that. PC and PS5 are healthy platforms that can support the market together while Xbox dangles there like that useless piece of a chicken wing, not serving a purpose. Then we gotta hear you huff and puff about Xbox getting disrespected when games pass it by. This wasn't even worth the port

So your hope and desire is what? Xbox brand goes away and Microsoft sells everyone games on PC and PS? Can't tell if you're rooting for Xbox to fail because you want their studios games or if you want to claim some amount of high ground in the system wars.... What's your end game?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Pedro

@TheEroica said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Jag85 said:

So your hope and desire is what? Xbox brand goes away and Microsoft sells everyone games on PC and PS? Can't tell if you're rooting for Xbox to fail because you want their studios games or if you want to claim some amount of high ground in the system wars.... What's your end game?

The child is a looney. You can't take him seriously and he exists just for kicks.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BenjaminBanklin

@TheEroica said:

You seem awfully invested for someone who's strictly a PC gamer (rolls eyes). The market has already spoken. With or without Xbox, gaming will still go on. Especially for hardware. All the things you constantly praise MS in with gaming hasn't panned out for them in the least. They no longer serve a purpose outside of gobbling up and destroying studios and pubs in a desperate pursuit of a market that continues to reject them.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheEroica  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@TheEroica said:

You seem awfully invested for someone who's strictly a PC gamer (rolls eyes). The market has already spoken. With or without Xbox, gaming will still go on. Especially for hardware. All the things you constantly praise MS in with gaming hasn't panned out for them in the least. They no longer serve a purpose outside of gobbling up and destroying studios and pubs in a desperate pursuit of a market that continues to reject them.

That's an awful lot of assumptions and garble talk just to avoid answering a question... 🤷. What's your end game?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 BenjaminBanklin

@TheEroica said:

That's an awful lot of assumptions and garble talk just to avoid answering a question... 🤷. What's your end game?

End? END?! I'm here to personally destroy the Xbox brand singlehandedly. Because I have the power to do that from a dying messageboard. You saw through my plans, Eroica!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 TheEroica  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@TheEroica said:

End? END?! I'm here to personally destroy the Xbox brand singlehandedly. Because I have the power to do that from a dying messageboard. You saw through my plans, Eroica!

I think Pedro may be right on this one....

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BenjaminBanklin

@TheEroica said:

I think Pedro may be right on this one....

Suuuure. I just got asked what's my endgame like I'm Blofeld in a James Bond movie or something. LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#143 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44538 Posts

It’s all beginning to make sense now. 🤔😅