Square Enix predicts 360 will do well in Japan next year

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

"We expect the Xbox 360 to increase its Japanese market presence even more in the coming months," Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto, producer on Einhänder and Kingdom Hearts 2, tells us. "There is a growing interest in Xbox 360 among Japanese users, due to the release of familiar titles, the increasing appeal of overseas titles, and the excellent reputation of the Xbox 360's network services."

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/japan%E2%80%99s-360-turnaround?page=0%2C0

Oh snap. At the moment SO4 is there only game coming out for the 360 next year from SE. matter of fact SO4 is the only major JRPG coming out for the 360 next year. For their statement to become a reality are they going to put FFXIII on the the 360 in Japan? Duh Duh dummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
The 360 is already doing well in Japan. We'll it do better then the PS3... no. I could definitely see FF XIII on the 360 in Japan but whether SE will be even more in Microsoft pocket and delay the PS3 version for it or release it later is up in the air.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 too_much_eslim
The 360 is already doing well in Japan. We'll it do better then the PS3... no. I could definitely see FF XIII on the 360 in Japan but whether SE will be even more in Microsoft pocket and delay the PS3 version for it or release it later is up in the air.Flamestos
It could possibly sell over a million systems next year finally.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
naw i dont think so because some of the rpg's dont sell really well on the 360, plus when did the360 beat ps3 beat japan in sells
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

The 360 is already doing well in Japan. We'll it do better then the PS3... no. I could definitely see FF XIII on the 360 in Japan but whether SE will be even more in Microsoft pocket and delay the PS3 version for it or release it later is up in the air.Flamestos

Well no body thinks that the 360 would do better than the PS3 in Japan. Not even the most hardcore lems. The fact it outsold the PS3 for a month is a huge surprise. I think with the next X-box MS could be able to match Sony in Sales in Japan. I think the 360 is MS trying to get a toe hold in Japan.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I guess it'll do OK but the PS3 will have the FF13 demo and then the full game and the Wii will have MH 3. The 360 will get crushed by the competition again but it'll sell more in 2009 than it did in 2008, probably.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Yeah I expect FFXIII to end up in Japan on 360, probably some months later though. I think this is good news overall, since I'd prefer that some of the more niche RPG developers from last-gen jump on the 360 bandwagon in Japan, since some of them are unlikely to be able to afford making a PS3 title without major publisher backing.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
I friggin hope so, hopefully, Cry On is released next year too because it doesnt seem like MS has much planned for the Japanese market
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flamestos
[QUOTE="Flamestos"]The 360 is already doing well in Japan. We'll it do better then the PS3... no. I could definitely see FF XIII on the 360 in Japan but whether SE will be even more in Microsoft pocket and delay the PS3 version for it or release it later is up in the air.too_much_eslim

Microsoft has been trying hard to make a name for themselves and appeal to the Japanese gamers taste. On that end I do think they deserve it to sell at least a million units in Japan this generation.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
i doubt it This Dec JHapan is getting WKC and FF13 and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe not
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I can see it doing well if they keep relesing 360 only jrpgs. If its more multiplat I see the PS3 getting more of the sales whie 360 getting the least.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Flamestos"]The 360 is already doing well in Japan. We'll it do better then the PS3... no. I could definitely see FF XIII on the 360 in Japan but whether SE will be even more in Microsoft pocket and delay the PS3 version for it or release it later is up in the air.Flamestos

Microsoft has been trying hard to make a name for themselves and appeal to the Japanese gamers taste. On that end I do think they deserve it to sell at least a million units in Japan this generation.

I believe they are either over 800k now aor a little over 750k. Hopefully they can sell around 200-250k units next syear there.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 too_much_eslim
i doubt it This Dec JHapan is getting WKC and FF13 and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe notRatchet_Fan8
what are you doubting? 360 getting FFXIII or it selling well next year?
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 110million
[QUOTE="Flamestos"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] It could possibly sell over a million systems next year finally.too_much_eslim

I believe they are either over 800k now aor a little over 750k. Hopefully they can sell around 200-250k units next syear there.

Maybe if Microsoft release a sort of 360 slim, though considering all those RROD problems of the past, it might not be the greatest idea, but with something like that, it may recieve a PSP style boom in Japan, where the PSP went from average to amazingly well selling, though titles like monster hunter played a big role, a lot of its sales booms did seem to come from new and "slicker" (though arguably) models.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 resevl4rlz

[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]i doubt it This Dec JHapan is getting WKC and FF13 and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe nottoo_much_eslim

i doubt both will happen, becuase the only thing will increase saes is jrpg and there hasnt been any good games since released. But, ff 13 will increase in ps3 sales but i doubt it will release in japan only. I guess someone made some exckusive contract

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 resevl4rlz

[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]i doubt it This Dec JHapan is getting WKC and FF13 and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe nottoo_much_eslim

i doubt both will happen, becuase the only thing will increase saes is jrpg and there hasnt been any good games since released. But, ff 13 will increase in ps3 sales but i doubt it will release in japan only. I guess someone made some exckusive contract

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ratchet_Fan8
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]i doubt it This Dec Japan is getting WKC, and FF13(next year PS3 exclusive in JPN) and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe nottoo_much_eslim

FF13 is exclusive in Japan last time i checked
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flamestos

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]The 360 is already doing well in Japan. We'll it do better then the PS3... no. I could definitely see FF XIII on the 360 in Japan but whether SE will be even more in Microsoft pocket and delay the PS3 version for it or release it later is up in the air.Chaos_HL21

Well no body thinks that the 360 would do better than the PS3 in Japan. Not even the most hardcore lems. The fact it outsold the PS3 for a month is a huge surprise. I think with the next X-box MS could be able to match Sony in Sales in Japan. I think the 360 is MS trying to get a toe hold in Japan.

Square-Enix seems to be hoping for Microsoft to have a major shift in Japan hence why on consoles their support has been leaning more and more towards the 360. If the original X-Box didn't leave such a bad taste in Japanese gamers mouths last generation looking at things now Microsoft could have had a muchh better chance at outselling the PS3. As for the next generation of gaming in Japan, I believe that both Sony and Microsoft will be starting almost (They will always be the Sony brand name) at square one and more Japanese gamers will be looking at what both have to offer in terms of their taste in games after Sony's lackluster showing so far this gen.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]i doubt it This Dec JHapan is getting WKC and FF13 and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe not

Well look at MGS4, the game gave the PS3 a big boost, then it went onto to have one the worst periods yet. FF13 will be different, but its not coming out till summer at least.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]i doubt it This Dec Japan is getting WKC, and FF13(next year PS3 exclusive in JPN) and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe notRatchet_Fan8

who knows. I was just speculating on what can happen to make SE prediction true. SO4 being the only major JRPG for the 360 next year wouldn't be enough.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] what are you doubting? 360 getting FFXIII or it selling well next year?too_much_eslim

who knows. I was just speculating on what can happen to make SE prediction true. SO4 being the only major JRPG for the 360 next year wouldn't be enough.

Theres NO chance of it ever releasing with the 360 in Japan, it might get an International release but thatll be later
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] what are you doubting? 360 getting FFXIII or it selling well next year?too_much_eslim

everything can go multiplat, So4 could be announced for the Ps3 later on. Dont count chickens before they hatch
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
I do not think so. Look how many exclusive JRPGs the 360 has had before the PS3 even got one and it still has not sold well. It barely sold better than the PS3 after the initial boost.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]i doubt it This Dec JHapan is getting WKC and FF13 and FFVS for PS3...so maybe..maybe not

This is Squre we're talking about not some random blog. I don't think they would make a statement out of ignorance. It maybe that microsoft has something up it's sleeve next year. Squire would be the first to know.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]FF13 is exclusive in Japan last time i checkedAgentA-Mi6

everything can go multiplat, So4 could be announced for the Ps3 later on. Dont count chickens before they hatch

That wouldn't go with SE prediction of it selling well next year.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] who knows. I was just speculating on what can happen to make SE prediction true. SO4 being the only major JRPG for the 360 next year wouldn't be enough.too_much_eslim

They also said they wouldn't value one console over the others this gen.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
I think Floppy already called it. 360 will do pretty good, but it'll eventually get lost in the shuffle once games like WKC, MH3, and FFXIII are released.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"] everything can go multiplat, So4 could be announced for the Ps3 later on. Dont count chickens before they hatchnervmeister

They also said they wouldn't value one console over the others this gen.

true but SO4 was more of Tri Ace decision. Also if that statement was true from SE all games would be multiplat.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nervmeister
Also if that statement was true from SE all games would be multiplat.too_much_eslim
Or it could mean that every console will get an equal share of exclusives.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] Also if that statement was true from SE all games would be multiplat.nervmeister

Many people haven't thought of it that way. I thank you sir.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

As soon as Final Fantasy XIII touches the 360 in Japan, Star Ocean 4 will grace our PS3s

Its as simple as that. Actually im expecting it with Tri Ace saying their engine is multiplatform this gen. I actually think the PS3 is gonna get more love in 2009 then the 360 from S-E. I mean, what does S-E acutally have planned for the PS3.......Final Fantasy XIII and what else......

The 360 is going to get a new IP though, don't know what it is though. Possible something to appeal to the westerners again *sigh*

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FirstDiscovery

As soon as Final Fantasy XIII touches the 360 in Japan, Star Ocean 4 will grace our PS3s

Its as simple as that. Actually im expecting it with Tri Ace saying their engine is multiplatform this gen. I actually think the PS3 is gonna get more love in 2009 then the 360 from S-E. I mean, what does S-E acutally have planned for the PS3.......Final Fantasy XIII and what else......

The 360 is going to get a new IP though, don't know what it is though. Possible something to appeal to the westerners again *sigh*

hayato_
Who said appealing to Western gamers is a bad thing, they just screwed up with their few attempts so far. Either way, with SO4, MS will gain what they need and that is a greater stake in Japan, so its no biggy if it goes multi
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 110million

hayato_
I don't think something that appeals to western games is wrong by default, they just keep failing. If they made a more open world RPG, with towns and areas to explore outside the main story being a larger part of the game, a long with plentiful side quests, you could have a winning formula if you combine those elements with japanese story writing and artstyle (though its arguable if someone prefers one style over another, but I do perfer the japanese styles)
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] Also if that statement was true from SE all games would be multiplat.nervmeister

So I guess SE lied sincePS3 have FFXIIIversus and FFXIII haeresis. IU is a joint project with MS, Tri ACe and SE. So SE is favoring the PS3. SE haven't developed one game excluisve to the 360. Until SE decides to develop a game exclusively for the 360 then I will say they are supporting the 360. As of right now it tri Ace that is supporting the 360.
PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
Versus 13 on the 360 confirmed , take that ps3 fanboys.
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="hayato_"]

I don't think something that appeals to western games is wrong by default, they just keep failing. If they made a more open world RPG, with towns and areas to explore outside the main story being a larger part of the game, a long with plentiful side quests, you could have a winning formula if you combine those elements with japanese story writing and artstyle (though its arguable if someone prefers one style over another, but I do perfer the japanese styles)

I didn't mean it like that, I just getting tired of S-E empahizes on the western market then thier own. Thier market is the one that is in danger, not ours so much. So what should they do? I don't know how bout try and release a game catoring to both. Not just one. Im tired of all the talk about the west. Namco and Capcom have been doing the same also. I just keep quiet on the issues. I acutally enjoyed the Last Remnant and hope they try out more stuff like that though.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nervmeister
Versus 13 on the 360 confirmed , take that ps3 fanboys.PS3Breeder
There really should be a mod-enforced penalty for saying "confirmed" for the wrong reasons.:x
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AgentA-Mi6
Dont get shocked when that one is confirmed multiplat too, the clock is ticking
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="hayato_"]

I didn't mean it like that, I just getting tired of S-E empahizes on the western market then thier own. Thier market is the one that is in danger, not ours so much. So what should they do? I don't know how bout try and release a game catoring to both. Not just one. Im tired of all the talk about the west. Namco and Capcom have been doing the same also. I just keep quiet on the issues. I acutally enjoyed the Last Remnant and hope they try out more stuff like that though.

LO was designed towards the western market and look how well that game did.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="PS3Breeder"]Versus 13 on the 360 confirmed , take that ps3 fanboys.AgentA-Mi6

that isn't happening. that is my reason to buy a PS3. SOny don't allow this to happen.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="hayato_"]

Well their market is gone, its been lost to handhelds, even the Wii is selling software there VERY poorly. The only hope is the PS3, or both the 360 and PS3 making a big enough niche there (1.5 million 360s, 3.5 million PS3s) so that they can still churn out traditionally Japanese titles and bank on the Western markets to aid them as well
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ratchet_Fan8
lol fail fakeboy then SO4 for PS3 confirmed ,take that 360 fanboys see what i did
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nervmeister
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="PS3Breeder"]Versus 13 on the 360 confirmed , take that ps3 fanboys.too_much_eslim

that isn't happening. that is my reason to buy a PS3. SOny don't allow this to happen.

Small correction: Replace Sony with Tetsuya Nomura.
PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts

[QUOTE="PS3Breeder"]Versus 13 on the 360 confirmed , take that ps3 fanboys.Ratchet_Fan8
lol fail fakeboy then SO4 for PS3 confirmed ,take that 360 fanboys see what i did

so what if it comes to ps3 it was already suppose to come to ps3, anyways xbox tookit from playstation. Im a fakebnoy ? How ?

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"] Dont get shocked when that one is confirmed multiplat too, the clock is tickingnervmeister

Nothing will stop this game from being ported over to the 360, NOTHING. I'll admit the biggest sw ownage ever if it doesnt.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"] Dont get shocked when that one is confirmed multiplat too, the clock is tickingnervmeister

Either way that shouldn't happen.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FirstDiscovery

Nomura and Kojima are the biggest fanboys EVER But the final decision doesnt lye with them
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] that isn't happening. that is my reason to buy a PS3. SOny don't allow this to happen.FirstDiscovery

Nomura and Kojima are the biggest fanboys EVER But the final decision doesnt lye with them

I don't think Kojima is a fanboy.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nervmeister
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] that isn't happening. that is my reason to buy a PS3. SOny don't allow this to happen.

Nothing will stop this game from being ported over to the 360, NOTHING. I'll admit the biggest sw ownage ever if it doesnt.

So, I take it you were at the last SE staff meeting?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] Either way that shouldn't happen.

FFXIII was half the soul of the Ps3, tell me again why would they do something about the spin off if they didnt care about the main one?