Sony's psn is missing a major feature...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LordoverFeind
Member since 2006 • 1041 Posts
I just bought a ps3 yesterday and I must say the system it self is great and the hard drive swap worked no problem but after getting online to play F1 I found out there is no voice chat!!!! I had to hook up a keyboard to type msg's and that's just impractical. Also I really miss the custom sound tracks from the 360 as well as F1 needs it badly. I really don't talk too much on live but now that I can't talk period on psn I realize how much I miss it. Also when ever a player goes to the lobby in F1 a big msg in the middle of the screen appears while you are driving and that's just bollocks the race till you get used to it. So far live is light years ahead of psn imo and sony needs to implement voice chat as standard asap imo. I could care less about home if I have to keep typing msg's and this just annoys the hell out of me that no voice chat is present on such a great game. What is the use of a head set if the games don't support it??
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.Mudig
Those guys are the funniest :D It helps if they're a bit mentally unstable too. Hours of entertainment!
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
There are other games that have voice chat like Motorstorm and Resistance(I think.). But all in all I think all PS3 games with online mode should have voice chat and this is comming from a future owner of the PS3 and Wii.
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.Mudig
funny. i get yelled at or booted for not having a mic constantly. i have to enable it most of the time to be part of matches. i disagree w/ you 100%.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
ive heard about the sucky voice chat capabilities for the Ps3....and SONY better work on that....but they have bigger matters that needs their attention though
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
It should be standard.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

every single room I have joined in Gears has atleast 3-4 people talking and usually once your playing your entire team will talk and work together, without voice chat Id definatly be playing a LOT less of Gears.  Communication may not be a key feature for a lot of games but for Squad based games its pretty much needed.
Avatar image for deactivated-62f57dce0e802
deactivated-62f57dce0e802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-62f57dce0e802
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts
people do talk online have you ever played halo 2 its big pissing contest, and its really funny to hear some of the most ignorant and racist things youve ever heard come from xbox live.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mudig
people do talk online have you ever played halo 2 its big pissing contest, and its really funny to hear some of the most ignorant and racist things youve ever heard come from xbox live.Bl00dsmoke
Halo 2 gave me one of the best experience on Xbox Live. No I'm not talking about the crappy game itself, but there was this one incident where a white guy was being totally racist to this black guy and they were constantly fighting each other. The white guy got pissed because the black dude was always using the sniper rifle so he went nuts and called him all these...names and it was the funniest thing in the world. So yes, you might get something like that sometimes where you enter a game and two guys are bickering but really that's it. The majority of the people don't use their mics during games.
Dm1uciano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dm1uciano
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts
Voice communication is a must for on line multiplayer, I use it almost everytime.

It's a standard option.

If you dont like it turn off voice communication it's very easy. Or mute.

Edit:  Dont whine about something you have 100% control over.
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
It's great when you play with friends, but for random matchmaking I could care less about voice chat, because you always meet loud, annoying, racist kids.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordoverFeind
Voice communication is a must for on line multiplayer, I use it almost everytime.

It's a standard option.

If you dont like it turn off voice communication it's very easy. Or mute.
Dm1uciano
My point exactly on live you have the option to listen or talk but on psn you don't. I just wanted to say don't go to the lobby in the middle of the race even if you are losing just pull over but I had to stop driving and look for my keyboard instead. It was then that a feature on live and xfire I hardly use became a must have.
Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Haseokicksass
Member since 2006 • 4604 Posts
how is the psn missing it if ur talkuign about F1. I always play resistance with it and somtiems the team splits into 2 and we win quickly :P CAPTURE THE FLAG!
YellowPik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 YellowPik
Member since 2004 • 14169 Posts
You mean games?
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
Depends on the game. When I'm playing with friends voice chat is a must. Playing R6 Vega with anyone a must. Playing deathmatch games against random joes...don't need it.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="Mudig"]Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.akuma303x
funny. i get yelled at or booted for not having a mic constantly. i have to enable it most of the time to be part of matches. i disagree w/ you 100%.

Yeah, I mean don't generalize XboxLive, I have heard this crap a couple of times and it's 100% B.S.
So many people talk on Live, it's a very important part of Live. Like for example when playing COD3, we talk to come up with strategy or worn someone they're about to be flanked, it's wicked. People talk all the time on Live. Sometimes it can be quiet but you try to make it seem like people hardly talk....please
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
Yea that sucks, F1 is a great game though, and motorstorm has it, which is cool with your friends, knocking one into a rock and hearing them swearing as they explode while you laugh... too bad i cant afford a ps3.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
People love to talk about how the Xbox is more expensive, but why is it that stuff like the headset and remote come with the system and HD DVD drive? Kind of convenient that people forget those when doing yet another price comparison. The Sixaxis should have had a cell phone headset jack. Sony cheaped out.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordoverFeind
how is the psn missing it if ur talkuign about F1. I always play resistance with it and somtiems the team splits into 2 and we win quickly :P CAPTURE THE FLAG!Haseokicksass
Okay resistance might have voice chat but F1 does not and that's wrong imo all online multiplayer games need voice chat like on live.
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts

ive heard about the sucky voice chat capabilities for the Ps3....and SONY better work on that....but they have bigger matters that needs their attention thoughSolid-CELL

actually i heard that with the bluetooth headsets talking on a mic on the ps3 comes in clearer then talking on the 360 mic....but that for obvious reasons

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
No it doesnt in my opinion. I dont need to hear random kids playing a game talk like morons when I want to enjoy some multiplayer... I take off my mic when I play Halo 2 online because of all the morons.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mudig
[QUOTE="akuma303x"][QUOTE="Mudig"]Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.kcpp2b

Yeah, I mean don't generalize XboxLive, I have heard this crap a couple of times and it's 100% B.S.
So many people talk on Live, it's a very important part of Live. Like for example when playing COD3, we talk to come up with strategy or worn someone they're about to be flanked, it's wicked. People talk all the time on Live. Sometimes it can be quiet but you try to make it seem like people hardly talk....please

See now that's bs. The majority of the people just don't talk when you join in games. It is always 1-3 people talking. So you see, voice chat is not a big part of Live.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
No it doesnt in my opinion. I dont need to hear random kids playing a game talk like morons when I want to enjoy some multiplayer... I take off my mic when I play Halo 2 online because of all the morons.asdasd
Yea but then this awesome game doesnt let you talk to your friends. That sucks. But its not sonys fault its the developers. Motorstorm has great online, no lag, voice chat, rankings, the only difference is XBL requires you to support voice chat in your game, PSN doesnt.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LordoverFeind
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="akuma303x"][QUOTE="Mudig"]Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.Mudig

See now that's bs. The majority of the people just don't talk when you join in games. It is always 1-3 people talking. So you see, voice chat is not a big part of Live.

Voice chat is a key feature of live it's just that idiots abuse it but if it was gone I am sure that live would be diminished. Sony has the power to make voice chat standard instead of leaving it up to the dev. I know psn is free but it should have standard features that the users can depend on. What is the use of home if the basic service for all games is not upgraded ???
jmorey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 jmorey01
Member since 2004 • 2637 Posts
What I don't get is why people don't talk on Xbox live. I mean I understand if your mic is broken but to intentionally not use it is foolish. The mic comes free with your 360. USE IT.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

[QUOTE="Mudig"]Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.justforlotr2004

every single room I have joined in Gears has atleast 3-4 people talking and usually once your playing your entire team will talk and work together, without voice chat Id definatly be playing a LOT less of Gears.  Communication may not be a key feature for a lot of games but for Squad based games its pretty much needed.

Agreed 100%. Basically every game I play on Live even if it's an arcade game like Ninja Turtles they have mics on... and it's easy to see why because it comes with the console unlike one $700 console (canadian).

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="akuma303x"][QUOTE="Mudig"]Voice chat is almost never used. On Xbox Live, every time I enter a game...it is either nobody talks or one guy talking to himself.Mudig

Man you are the biggest fakeboy. What games do you play again? Come play on Gears of War and tell me how many people are talking.